GH Litter Discussion 2022

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: GH Litter Discussion 2022

Postby lucky333123 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:45 pm

Oddity-Lad wrote:
Oddity-Lad wrote:
Image Image Image Image Image Image

New stamps dropped in the fanart section. These ones are styled closer to the "official GH cat litter stamps" we've gotten in the past, and will only be the final growth stages. Honestly these are so rad to make lol

Those look amazing! <3
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────

───────────────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

┌────────────┐

If you need any help, feel
free to ask ^.^ dates matter
I am a holibomber!
I have gifted _60_ people.
I have received _35_ gifts.

└────────────┘
┌────────────┐

└────────────┘
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
lucky333123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby depressedanonymous, » Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:33 am

I've decided to make my own personal "final guess" list, so here we go!

Claimed by Lennie

Claimed by Aurora Storm

Claimed by axelandria

Left to claim -
lucky333123, Swishy & Broken, Wobbuffet, Oddity-Lad, |Aloy| , and Eagle's Eye

This little guy I feel is Oddity-Lad's! The kitty does use the full color palette, and with its "broken" ear, it is reminiscent of a broken vase, which reminds me a lot of Oddity's "urn" hints. I also theorize that whatever is leaking out of the cat may be a "second face", like another hint clues about. It hasn't finished growing yet, so the D-20 hint may come into play later!

This kitty seems to have wings so i'm ruling out lucky. I think this one belongs to Swishy & Broken! Their hint was it has a "swishy" feel to it, and looking at their past designs this guy seems to fit the bill.

This one is |Aloy|'s! Aloy hasn't given any hints other than we will know which one is theirs, and looking at previous years this one seems to follow the common "simple" design theme they always follow :) This kitty does have purple eyes, but since its still growing that can always change!

This guy is wobbuffet's! Their hint was it follows a similar theme to their 2021 design, and I believe that theme is magic.

By process of elimination I believe this one is luckys!

I was debating between this one being |Aloy|'s and Eagle Eye's, but Aloy said theirs wasnt a PPS so this must be Eagle's!

Gonna keep this edit free, even if a kitty grows and it changes what I think the right matches are. I cant wait to see who I was right about!
___
___

She/her, adult.
Trader, crosstrader, collector, rat enthusiast.
Fair Trade Thread | New "Rares List" | The "What's My Pet Worth?" Thread
___
___
depressedanonymous,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby catmother456 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:09 am

depressedanonymous, wrote:
I've decided to make my own personal "final guess" list, so here we go!

<snip>

Left to claim -
lucky333123, Swishy & Broken, Wobbuffet, Oddity-Lad, |Aloy| , and Eagle's Eye

<snip>

Gonna keep this edit free, even if a kitty grows and it changes what I think the right matches are. I cant wait to see who I was right about!

I love your guesses and can totally see what your are saying. I haven’t had time to really delve into this so it’s great seeing everyone’s guesses.

Edit - and now that the little kitty grew, I think even more so this cat is Oddity’s! What a great cat!

Great guessing @depressedanonymous

It’s a GH Litter Conga Line!

ImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

My C$ Store

Celozon made the little kitties
Wobbuffet decorated my avatar
I just love the conga line too much to get rid of it so it’s staying for now
catmother456

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby luxlustravi » Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:39 pm

Are they undergoing mintosis?

I'm not sorry
luxlustravi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby depressedanonymous, » Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:59 pm

catmother456 wrote:-snip-
Edit - and now that the little kitty grew, I think even more so this cat is Oddity’s! What a great cat!

Great guessing @depressedanonymous

Thank you! I’m actually shocked I was correct about the ooze being the second face, I thought it was far fetched bahaha
___
___

She/her, adult.
___
___
depressedanonymous,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: June 2022 Discussion Thread

Postby Omiyage » Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:47 pm

This is my favorite pet this month.
I don't think anything will top this cat.
Random music I change every few days: 🎵🎶
Icon CreditGreyscale CollectionSouvenirs
Thank you to those who have so kindly gifted/traded me. ^^
Imageお土産Image
Omiyage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: June 2022 Discussion Thread

Postby Sephiriah » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:28 pm

Today's cat is disturbing =(
Trades Open
My Art Shop is open!

Image My Gallery Image My Art Shop Image
Sephiriah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby codexia » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:59 pm

I’m obsessed with the two faced cat 😍😭
Image Image Image
I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 29 people.
I have nuked 11 people.
codexia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Oddity-Lad » Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:10 pm

*exhale* Deep breaths *inhale* I'm rather nervous for this, I actually applied to be an artist on CS a while ago and evidently didn't make it so there are a ton of mixed emotions being able to participate in this and seeing a pet that I designed being ON THE SITE, like for real life. This has been a very exciting few months, and I'm honored to have been able to participate! I'm already brain storming for next year lol

With that out of the way I'm never one to prolong the inevitable :lol: So NOOOOW I have some things to say to the class :D And UMMM sorry it's a bit of a read. It's strange, when you're given simply a palette to work with, how much of yourself accidentally falls into your work.

Edgar.Allan.Poe wrote:With putting the "you've urn-ed it" quote and the Halloween dressup into context.

This one seems like Oddity-lad's :

Because while many see an ice cream I get a broken urn vibe to it instead.

That's all I've got really :D

That may be all you’ve got but it’s enough! :D

depressedanonymous, wrote:Thank you! I’m actually shocked I was correct about the ooze being the second face, I thought it was far fetched bahaha

Nothing is ever too far-fetched, especially when it comes to me!!

codexia wrote:Alright, I'm back again with another couple of guesses since we're getting close to the end of the month! For awhile now, I've had a gut feeling about the June 2nd growth that I just can't shake. It is, so far, my favorite of the bunch. It feels ghostly- the "mint ice cream" on its ear has always looked more like creepy cobwebs of some sort to me, like this kitten has been sleeping here for a very long time. Those traits, alongside the hint of an urn, and the spooky dressup scene, "It's dangerous to go alone, take this," really make me think this one is Oddity-Lad's cat! Also, the two-faced cat tattoo (incredibly cool ink btw) reminds me of the poem "Two-Headed Calf" by Laura Gilpin and its deeper meanings about life and death. The accompanying commentary on the tattoo post gives me the same bold vibe as the dressup scene- someone fighting to become who they are. I have a feeling this kitten will grow toward the end of the month, maybe even on the last day, into something strong and beautiful, like a phoenix rising from the ashes. Or a kitten rising from the cobwebs, as it were. :lol: I know practically nothing about D20's, so I've skipped that hint, which may be a gross oversight on my part. I'll definitely get a good laugh out of things if I'm WAY off and this is someone else's cat :? :lol:

This is my first year getting to experience the GH Litter, and I'm having SO much fun trying to figure out who created each kitty! Even if I'm way off :lol: If you've read this far, thanks for indulging me! :D

A lovely poem! A near perfect analysis! And thank you <3! I’m up to 11 now and apart from the ground type Pokémon sleeve I’m theming my body around spooky plants and animals, and kinda generally just “oddity shops”.

They have been sleeping in their dungeon for a very long time but you, an adventuring party have just woken them up! I’d love to introduce everyone to Oozrook! Before I release some backstory tying them into my lil personal CS lore universe (might be a couple days, still working on it, I’m making a little virtual “choose your own adventure” book) I’m going to go over my hints, inspirations, and process!

The initial inspiration was of course my tattoo! I really wanted my cat to represent me, and what better way to do that than draw inspiration from what’s permanently on my body lol. I knew I wanted to do a two faced cat WELL before planning started. I didn’t refine my ideas until after the palette was decided when I actually sat down to teach myself the art program but I had A LOT of ideas and they kinda all rapid fire chained together. As I was drawing out the double heads I realized I kinda made the eye look like it was separating into two, which bam threw me into mitosis (Mintosis, yeah I saw that) and Reuniclus (who’s inspired by cells splitting), I’m a big Pokémon fan, and commonly use psychic types in my playthroughs so that kinda clicked into place. I also haven’t played DnD in a while but it was a common game night activity before my siblings and I all started leaving the nest. I was a wood elf druid who dedicated their life to the study and preservation of poisonous plants, animals, and fungi and preferred to live in swampy areas or basement dungeons of the castle my party acquired. Both common areas you’d find slimes, oozes, and puddings (ice creams???). (As a side note, oozes are also common in MTG as well, which I used to play with my step dad, but him and my step mom moved a few hours away from the city where I currently am so it’s going to be much harder to see them) This got me to a cell splitting slime cat with links to me and both sides of my split family (OMG the layers go deeper than even I thought) I still needed a body however, and the beautiful browns seemed very “rope wrapped terracotta” to me. I’m a plant dad (and an Elder scrolls enjoyer) so I’m no stranger to terracotta pots lol. I wanted it cracked and worn of course, as this is a kitten that lives in a dungeon and being a creature that grows it would make sense that its shell would start cracking off. Obviously I’m also a big Halloween fan and I make it known so taking a spooky route was always in my cards. I don’t do a lot of art on CS (okay I don’t do any, used to post a lot on DA though) but I’m very conceptual and I never want to JUST present things as what they are, which is why I primarily work with character design, creatures have so much depth potential and so few rules. I’m still the GH baby, and I’m still rather shy but over the past year I’ve been coming out of my shell, and it’s okay if coming out of your shell takes almost the whole month or however long you need (Honestly I just wanted to torment people by being the first to grow and then making people wait a long time lol, but the metaphors are unintentionally really good) No life or death theming however It is fascinating to note that as a slime Oozrook isn’t really either?? Name inspiration came from a fantasy name unsurprisingly. I wanted names that tied in Ooze or slime, and the name "Rook" popped up and it was meant to be.

Okay, with that out of the way time for hints! My “Where were you November 19th, 2021? Where was I???” was actually planted all the way back in December, along with “It’s dangerous to go alone, take this”. Which contains nods to most of my tattoos though I do have a few more to add (Keep an eye on this?? While I’m typing this up I’m realizing it’d be super cool if my tattoos are what tie my cats together and like I include elements of one in each of my cats??). These were of course meant to reveal the two faced aspect which is what I’m most proud of. “Here’s a clue, you’ve Urn-ed it” and “get your D20’s ready” weren’t planned ahead of time. I didn’t actually know how to do transparent text until I saw other GH using it and figured it’d be fun to tease little components like the DnD inspiration and them breaking out of their urn. The dressup with the kitty getting poked is going to tie into the backstory but essentially I’ve held a circus theme during my time on CS and have gotten further into it since becoming a GH lol. So I wanted to tie it into my lore, “the Curator” You’ll see I improved the dressup and posted it in the “beach day” category (along with a couple of my other circus members) So that I can maybe use him more. He’s a villain who’s kinda taken over the circus in Madame von Raven’s absence (okay, okay, so her shop was locked because of inactivity and I haven’t bothered remaking it yet since I don’t have enough extra pets to give away), where she used to give pets out to people who’ve wandered into the forest, the Curator is more interested in turning them into roadshow exhibits. The urn in his dressup was absolutely a hint, the one in the Trader’s picture was not, though it still led people through my circus and to some hints. It’s funny how often I use them in dressups. A link that wasn’t found was actually that my signature scene on my profile, has THE SAME DOG as the curator so for the longest time clicking on that pet would’ve revealed his true identity. (Unintentional as well but the raven and the fortune teller stuff in my signature scene belonging to a dog who’s given pets away, being used as a cover for his true intentions is rather neat) Ahh gosh, sidetracked. The dressup was a hint towards several things, the urn, the primarily green cat, and the bubbly slimy green potion! I think that’s all of the hints I hid though admittedly I wouldn’t be surprised if I accidentally hid more.

I do apologize if this is hard to follow, unfortunately this is how it came out of my head and revising my thoughts is not an easy task :lol:

(Also as another ANOTHER side note, if you're an artist and looking for commissions I really want a piece of Oozrook meeting the witch kitten, I never actually got to see that outcome until everyone else did and it's hilarious that so many of my hints accidentally matched up with that outcome but they go together so well)

And finally had to do a lil dressup of them

Editing to add that I'm happy to answer any questions about the process and/or Oozrook themselves!
Signature art by Batman

Oddity-Lad

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby depressedanonymous, » Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:41 pm

Ahh! Oozrook is based off Reuniclus, I love that so much! One of my favorite psychic types, i’m so happy I got this guy right.

When designing Oozrook, what was the most challenging part of figuring out their design? And whats your favorite part of their design?
___
___

She/her, adult.
___
___
depressedanonymous,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me