November Discussion Thread V.2

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: November Discussion Thread V.2

Postby ~Aragorn~ » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:20 pm

Darn, I missed the last rat. I'm liking them this month. Sometimes they're a bit meh, but this month they're so pretty and shiny :)
Isn't he adorable <3 My absolute fave.
Pet's name: Blacktuft

My record for wishlist pets achieved in a week is 192! Send me a trade to lend a hand on mission cut down the 30 page wishlist.
ImageImageImage
~Aragorn~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PeroxidePrincess » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:21 pm

I missed the blue rat >.<
Pluma did an AMAZING job on her staff pup. I loved the staff dogs <3
PeroxidePrincess

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sighs_alot » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:26 pm

Susiron wrote:Image

This might be my favorite of the month-- or at least one of them. The edits are well done, and I love deer SOOOO < 3
Although, I think that this pet could have done fine without the wings and the butterfly on the tail. Sometimes less is more, and here I think it would have stood alone just fine without those added features.
I'm also getting quite sick of seeing two things on pets because it's becoming so common that it's no longer that special: wings and heterochromia.
Heterochromia can be a nice touch, but once you've seen it on so many pets, it starts to lose its charm. It also messes with the unity of the colours somewhat. Thankfully it's easy to slap some Halloween eyes on and hide this, though, so there's not too much room for complaint.
As for the wings, I feel like a lot of designs just throw on the wings for the sake of having wings, without working it well into the overall design.
Regardless, I still really love this pet. The patterns are beautiful, it's a nice choice of colours, and the ears and horns are well done. Very cute.

Totally agree with you on the wings and balloon. This is a beautiful pet though, could be one of my favorites this month.
Image.........

┌──────────────┐

................sighs
she/they | adult | queer | artist
nature, drawing, animals, video games,
food, plants, rain, cartoons, coffeeImage

└──────────────┘
sighs_alot

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby stripez » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:27 pm

iEpicHusky wrote:Image

Ermagersh
<333
Love this puppy so much 8D

I think they did save one of the best for last!!!!:D
but all of the staff dogs are amazing I can't choose favourites
Great job to all of the staff you did awesome!!!!!
she/her . adult . canadian . Image
stripez

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Icesky » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:28 pm

Wow, she is absolutely adorable! One of my favorite staff dogs, that's for sure! Too bad I wouldn't be able to get my hands on enough to hoard since I'm sure everyone will want to!
x
x

x
"𝚠𝚎 𝚋𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚖 𝚞𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚕 𝚠𝚎 𝚊𝚌𝚑𝚎"

ᴀʀᴛ ꜱʜᴏᴘ
☾ ⋆ ☾ ⋆ ☾
ᴛʀᴀᴅᴇ ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ
☽ ⋆ ☽ ⋆ ☽

manga panel from witch hate atelier
Icesky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Stephajo » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:29 pm

This might be my favorite of the month-- or at least one of them. The edits are well done, and I love deer SOOOO < 3
Although, I think that this pet could have done fine without the wings and the butterfly on the tail. Sometimes less is more, and here I think it would have stood alone just fine without those added features.
I'm also getting quite sick of seeing two things on pets because it's becoming so common that it's no longer that special: wings and heterochromia.
Heterochromia can be a nice touch, but once you've seen it on so many pets, it starts to lose its charm. It also messes with the unity of the colours somewhat. Thankfully it's easy to slap some Halloween eyes on and hide this, though, so there's not too much room for complaint.
As for the wings, I feel like a lot of designs just throw on the wings for the sake of having wings, without working it well into the overall design.
Regardless, I still really love this pet. The patterns are beautiful, it's a nice choice of colours, and the ears and horns are well done. Very cute.

I agree with everything you said here...I really wish this had stayed a lot more simple....It would have been so lovely without the two tails, the butterfly, the heterochromia, and the wings. But, it is still cute as is...just would have loved it a lot more without all those add-ons. There's just way too much going on for me.

on another note completely un-related to the staff dogs....
ImageImageImage
These rats are pure love.....they might be some of my favorite rats on the whole site...soo beautiful! and i love the colors they used.
Last edited by Stephajo on Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stephajo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rainbow Dash » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:30 pm

Pretty much all this sums up my thoughts on the outcome.

Though now that all the staff outcomes have grown, I can pick my top three and be fully informed!
Solloby's magical little pixie is number one on my list. Even with line edits, everything flows together and works within the theme Solloby chose. It flows so well the edits look almost minimal! It manages to be complex but simple at once.

Number 2 is Drizzle's delicate swirly dog. With no line edits, Drizzle's still stands out with excellent patterning. It reminds me of a beautiful stained glass window and butterfly wings.

Number 3 is moonlily's floral saluki. This pet is a MASSIVE improvement from her staff dog last year (which I still adore) and the texturing on both the accents and fur is superb. I hope to see more designs from moonlily in the future!
[: Veterinary professional | Female | Hobbyist artist :]
Image Image Image Image
New Chicken Smoothie Tarot
[: Free-to-Use CS Graphics || Request Free CS Graphics || Every Pet As a Stamp Project :]
Sig art by me || Avatar by Scragster || Busy with work! Might be slow to respond!
Rainbow Dash

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Michele » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:31 pm

Oh my Gawd. This dog is epic. My fav of the whole litter! Thank you Pluma for such an awesome doggie. :clap:
Image Image
Michele

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dontdrinkthepoison » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:32 pm

natzilla_x wrote:Image

Soooo cuteeeee<3
The last one didn't disappoint!
The ears, antlers, white markings, wings, balloon, it all works perfectly together. Just the right balance between line edits :)

I agree .. I think this pup is exquisite.. and beautiful. I actually like the wings and even the butterfly balloon thingy. I seem to be in the minority though. It there is one thing I might change, it would be the eyes. I am not a fan of two different colors... but still .... no complaints.. beautiful pup.

I have to ask though.. What is that on each side of the antlers? It kind looks like something is tied to them. I hope that is not a stupid question. Dont beat me up... :D
BoNeZ ^^

Under construction

&pageSize=900
dontdrinkthepoison

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby skinklegs » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:37 pm

It?
    How?
    What?
    Honestly I did not have high hopes for this one as a puppy. It looked a little.. odd, I don't know. It just wasn't my kind of pet.
    But it doesn't even look like the same pet anymore I just wow this dog.
    I definitely didn't think this would be one of my favorites but it is.

trades . . art shop . . buying art

pls check out my art and
ocs on my
toyhouse!

art on the left is mine;
pixels were done by
soteria;
skinkarms!

flight rising . . rp search . . friend
Image....................Image
suh.

call me ollie. i'll respond to whatever