Trade Rant Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Trade Rant Thread

Postby Tru » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:16 pm

My worst trade offer I remember quite well. It was a few of weeks ago about mid-end febuary.

I got a trade from someone I had just viewed in the trade forum trying to get rare pets for basically nothing. I saw they were new and thought, ok, maybe the just want some of my tradeables from january for some newer dogs, no big deal right? Wrong. I opened the trade with horror to find they wanted my Racoon dog, Non-Swirl Moon dog, and Clear eyed galaxy for about oh say....twenty febuary newborns and few 2nd gens, cats, rats, horses, and butterfly wolves thrown in, not even valentine ones, ones you could get every day of the week. Of course I was shocked, especially since my rules are right there...So I sent back a message when i cancelled, polite but strongly worded. Saying it was an extremely unfair trade. ugh....

Now the worst trades i accepted....no skin off my nose but they were pretty bad :lol:

I like being nice to newbies as long as it's in a reasonable way. All I had in my trades were some novembers and januries...nothing big and i got two different trades from the same person. They wanted a few of my older dogs for some second gens and horses. I figured...well i'm not going to get good offers on these so i'll be nice. So I ended up with around 40 second gens and some horses and rats. But I got them all good homes as well. :D

But cases like the one above.....*sigh*
Tru

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shadoweon » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:46 pm

Some person that joined Saturday asks for a bunch of my pets without a word and offers nothing in return, what did they do, join to get pets from me?If you are that new,should you even be asking for pets ?>_< It irks me especially because I had no adoption topic up.
ImageImage
My CS Pets
I can also be found on Wolvden & Eldemore! Want to add me? Just send a DM.
shadoweon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby julAugust » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:34 pm

Sometimes it makes me wonder how people find me and decide to trade with me. I mean, I don't have a trade thread or anything! *shrugs*

But back towards when I first joined and had just gotten Cosmic (my clear eyed Galaxy), several people made offers on him. I mean A LOT! A few people came back second and third times to offer on him... Mostly it was just Second Gens or random Octobers/Novembers...a few cats. I always had to cancel the trade saying that he wasn't going anywhere since I had worked super hard to get him... XD Then I think another one was for a few of my rares for a bunch of Second Gens, cats, and horses. It was just...Wow. Crazy.
Pet's name: Julie

I'm falling even more in love with you
Letting go of all I've held onto
I'm standing here until you make me move
I'm hanging by a moment here with you
I'm living for the only thing I know
I'm running and not quite sure where to go
And I don't know what I'm diving into
Just hanging by a moment here with you

Every day I spend with you is like magic. <3
julAugust

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby basti » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:49 pm

Today (my birthday nonetheless), I got two more ridiculous trades (Where do these people get it, seriosuly? Why i it always me?)

1. Tree Dog (Was on my wishlist, but I'm not THAT desperate), Green Circus, March cream newborn, Aborginal Rat and Patchwork Rat

for:
Four of my Advents and an October Growing(None are actually for trade)

2. Light Green 2nd Gen, White growing December, A Vanilla Santa Hat December(Not the rare, plus I already have it), Heart Advent, Two 2nd Gens, "Zombie" January dog, Valentines Malk Horse, Panda Horse, 3 Valentines Dogs, Violet February, Red Circus, Grey Aussie, and the Blue butterfly wolf. (Jeez! But wait for it....)

for:
Both of my October Growings, AND My precious Joker, which is my one and only Joker (since I traded away my other) And neither of these pets were for trade.
basti

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Attic » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:46 pm

Someone send me a trade requesting almost all of my trade group, for nothing.

Checked her join date and realised she's new, so I cancelled the trade along with a link to the Free Adoption board and a message not to send this type of trades to me or any other users again.

O_o, first time this thing happened to me, and I really hope that it'll be the last.
Attic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Moonflight » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:41 am

Ok... So just now I went to look at a trade someone had sent me, and discovered a message saying "Can i have these pets its ok if you say No im just trying to gets some cool pets like all of you so i dont mind but i would be very happy if you did", asking for 59 of my pets (Mostly Septembers and my only August for trade) and offering nothing at all in return. I can't stand these! Makes me want to kick someone, I get trades like this all the time >.>
I am a retired staff member :3 (RIP blue name, Dec. 2008 - Aug. 2012)
Moonflight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Attic » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:51 am

Moonflight wrote:Ok... So just now I went to look at a trade someone had sent me, and discovered a message saying "Can i have these pets its ok if you say No im just trying to gets some cool pets like all of you so i dont mind but i would be very happy if you did", asking for 59 of my pets (Mostly Septembers and my only August for trade) and offering nothing at all in return. I can't stand these! Makes me want to kick someone, I get trades like this all the time >.>

Wow. That message is almost exactly the same like the one I had.

Is the user who tried to trade you have a name starting with "L" and ends with "5"?

Looks like she didn't heed my advice at all. >_>
Attic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:37 am

Honestly, it's stuff like this that made me close down my trade section. I understand being new, but I'm also not blind to know that there are certain users begging everyone down the line just to see if someone will give out freebies in pity.

Why not work for them? There's TONS of animals being given out in the free adoptable thread...
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mausoleum » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:45 am

Attic wrote:
Moonflight wrote:Ok... So just now I went to look at a trade someone had sent me, and discovered a message saying "Can i have these pets its ok if you say No im just trying to gets some cool pets like all of you so i dont mind but i would be very happy if you did", asking for 59 of my pets (Mostly Septembers and my only August for trade) and offering nothing at all in return. I can't stand these! Makes me want to kick someone, I get trades like this all the time >.>

Is the user who tried to trade you have a name starting with "L" and ends with "5"?

Oh. My. Gosh.

Me too.

Someone just sent me a trade for 50 of my July/August/September pets in my Trades/Adoptions section saying that they want them for free and that because it's adoptions I HAVE to give them to them :3
Kii Project + Lox Recolours + House of Snarkiness + Lackless Deviantart + Art competition = My Stuff.
If you'll excuse me, I'm going to lock myself in the pantry and drown my sorrows in bottled water and granola bars.
"I am an artist, not a printer" Remember that and heck yes, I said it first :U

Mausoleum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Moonflight » Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:25 am

rosepose wrote:
Attic wrote:

Oh. My. Gosh.

Me too.

Someone just sent me a trade for 50 of my July/August/September pets in my Trades/Adoptions section saying that they want them for free and that because it's adoptions I HAVE to give them to them :3

Yes, exactly that person! Grr...
I am a retired staff member :3 (RIP blue name, Dec. 2008 - Aug. 2012)
Moonflight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me