Guide To *Nice* Trade Rules

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: My Guide To *Nice* Trade Rules

Postby Memories » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:39 pm

Moondragon007 wrote:Here's my trade message. What's your opinion?

If I have sent you a SUGGESTION - which is most of the time - please do not cancel before you check in my Trades - I might have what you're looking for in there! If I have sent a trade that seem unfair, that's because I expect to bargain back and forth till we're both happy. I am willing to adjust what pets of yours I am asking for, just let me know if that's what you want.

Only those in the groups To trade are available for trade, regardless of the trade status of the other group (in case I forget to change the setting when creating the group).

Note: the items on the orange rat are available for separate trades. Please tell me what you want to trade so I can remove them from the rat. These are the ONLY items I am willing to trade.

Thanks!

I'd recommend switching the words in caps to italics or bold. Looks pretty good :)
Memories

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Autumn. » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:54 am

This is great! :D
✦ • ────────────────────── • ✦
awake the stars ‘cuz they’re all around you
icon by -WanHeda- | sig by jaax

.Autumn.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Turq8 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:46 am

My trade rules are so long T.T

I just redid them, with key points in blue, but I didn't highlight my codeword, hoping to catch people who just skim rules. Do you think this will confuse people who normally read all the rules anyway?
(Possibly) Back after a long hiatus!
If you have any questions or need help, feel free to ask me, I'm always happy to help!

Turq8

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:34 am

Turq8 wrote:My trade rules are so long T.T

I just redid them, with key points in blue, but I didn't highlight my codeword, hoping to catch people who just skim rules. Do you think this will confuse people who normally read all the rules anyway?

I find codewords to be annoying and useless. It's like a punishment for those that actually read rules to have to go hunt down a codeword. To me, it's obvious if someone has read them or not.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Turq8 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:48 am

-Firestar- wrote:

I find codewords to be annoying and useless. It's like a punishment for those that actually read rules to have to go hunt down a codeword. To me, it's obvious if someone has read them or not.

It's not like it's hidden, tucked in somewhere in the middle of a rule. It has it's own section, and I am pretty lenent with it. If the person was polite, and sent a fair trade, or are relatively new (and still polite), I tend to overlook my codeword.
(Possibly) Back after a long hiatus!
If you have any questions or need help, feel free to ask me, I'm always happy to help!

Turq8

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FlitterRayne » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:55 pm

These are great suggestions! :) And I've already implemented them in my trade settings. Thank you for creating this.

But...I do have to comment about this, I hope you don't mind?

Starstreak wrote:....Okay, what? It doesn't matter if the pet is re-released or original. It's still the same pet!
It kind of annoys me when people put rules like this. It also annoys me to encounter people trying to get a complete collection. Or those collecting pets based on rarity. You should collect a pet because you like it, not because you want a "complete collection" or a "UR". It's impossible to get a complete collection anyways unless you joined in 08 or unless you cheat which is bound to get you banned. Collect pets based on what you like, not on release date or rarity or trying to get a complete collection. Trust me, collecting anything except the pets you actually like is just going to make you stressed out. And this is a game! You aren't supposed to be stressed out! Chickensmoothie is supposed to be for *fun*
No correction for the above rule because my recommendation is not to have it at all. Not only is it pointless but it will also chase traders away.

I have a large collection myself, it's 91% complete, literally. I'm only short 94 pets currently. I'd like to have a complete collection, but what's the harm in that?

I agree with you on only collecting what you like...but what's wrong with liking all of them? :lol: I adore CS, and I adore virtually all of the pets that have come out. Some of them have fallen into my hands from random trades that I wouldn't have normally gone after...yet. But there's nothing wrong with wanting to have a collection.

And to state that you can only get it by cheating if you haven't been around since 2008? That's harsh. :lol: A lot of people trade with CWP's, and trade with C$, to get things they normally couldn't trade for. ;) That, and some people have help from those who were here in 2008.

Not meaning to nitpick, or even be close to being mean. Just thought those were unfair statements. ;) Anyways, just my two cents, lol.

~Flitter

Remembering my Mother lost last June 17th, 2017. You are loved and well missed.
Known as "FlitterRayne" on Eldemore and Flight Rising well. Trades in both places welcomed!
FlitterRayne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Memories » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:38 am

FlitterRayne wrote:These are great suggestions! :) And I've already implemented them in my trade settings. Thank you for creating this.

But...I do have to comment about this, I hope you don't mind?

Starstreak wrote:....Okay, what? It doesn't matter if the pet is re-released or original. It's still the same pet!
It kind of annoys me when people put rules like this. It also annoys me to encounter people trying to get a complete collection. Or those collecting pets based on rarity. You should collect a pet because you like it, not because you want a "complete collection" or a "UR". It's impossible to get a complete collection anyways unless you joined in 08 or unless you cheat which is bound to get you banned. Collect pets based on what you like, not on release date or rarity or trying to get a complete collection. Trust me, collecting anything except the pets you actually like is just going to make you stressed out. And this is a game! You aren't supposed to be stressed out! Chickensmoothie is supposed to be for *fun*
No correction for the above rule because my recommendation is not to have it at all. Not only is it pointless but it will also chase traders away.

I have a large collection myself, it's 91% complete, literally. I'm only short 94 pets currently. I'd like to have a complete collection, but what's the harm in that?

I agree with you on only collecting what you like...but what's wrong with liking all of them? :lol: I adore CS, and I adore virtually all of the pets that have come out. Some of them have fallen into my hands from random trades that I wouldn't have normally gone after...yet. But there's nothing wrong with wanting to have a collection.

And to state that you can only get it by cheating if you haven't been around since 2008? That's harsh. :lol: A lot of people trade with CWP's, and trade with C$, to get things they normally couldn't trade for. ;) That, and some people have help from those who were here in 2008.

Not meaning to nitpick, or even be close to being mean. Just thought those were unfair statements. ;) Anyways, just my two cents, lol.

~Flitter

I just find it slightly crazy when I come across a newbie who is nowhere near to getting a complete collection and is going through a lot of stress trying. I did it a few times just trying to complete parts of my collection - like trying to get all the PPS dogs on the game and trying to get all the tess horses. The result was I got really stressed out from it and lost the enjoyment I used to get from just playing the game.

I suppose if you use C$ maybe you could get a complete collection that way. Or if you're really really lucky in your adopting and somehow manage to get a bunch of rares... I've seen people who purposely scam newbies in attempts to complete their collection though which really annoys me. I will take that statement out however to avoid conflict.
Memories

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FlitterRayne » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:46 am

Yeah, I've seen that too. I had a few people do that to me as well, and it was kind of rotten, but ehh, you move on. ;) And I agree, no point in causing yourself stress over it. It's a game, lol, not a contest to see who can 'catch 'em all.' :lol: But thanks for the reprise, I really appreciate it. :D

Remembering my Mother lost last June 17th, 2017. You are loved and well missed.
Known as "FlitterRayne" on Eldemore and Flight Rising well. Trades in both places welcomed!
FlitterRayne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mmmcoffee » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:50 pm

Turq8 wrote:
-Firestar- wrote:

It's not like it's hidden, tucked in somewhere in the middle of a rule. It has it's own section, and I am pretty lenent with it. If the person was polite, and sent a fair trade, or are relatively new (and still polite), I tend to overlook my codeword.

Actually, I tend to find even the hidden codewords very easily. I just refuse to use them. :) I think they're simply pointless. It's going to be obvious if someone followed the rules or not. Even if it's a stroke of luck on their part that they didn't read the rules and didn't break them, who cares? I simply won't type in some mundane word or phrase in order to have my trade considered. Especially when there are some people so conceited as to put their own name or "[their name] rocks/is awesome/is cool/etc." as a codeword. The second I see a codeword, I leave the trade, no matter how much I want the pet. [/soapbox]

Anyway, I came on to say that I think this guide was very well written, but I'd like to add something else to think about: Please make sure your rules make sense. If rule 3 contradicts rule 7, you have no right or reason to get huffy if someone breaks one or the other.
Pet's name: Inno and the Muse
mmmcoffee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MiniHorse » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:01 pm

Eeek *Needs to go change trade rules* x3
Formerly HorseOfBlack19 (or horseofblack19)

ImageImage
MiniHorse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me