The "Understanding Rarities" Guide

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: The "Understanding Rarities" Guide

Postby DaDwarf » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:25 am

RainbowCat wrote:
Hekomi & Jeweled wrote:Sweet, I like the suggestions. I am hesitant about adding hoards though; hoarding already gets people a bad reputation, and even though I think it does have an effect on rarities, I'm not sure if including it would be worth any negativity people might get from it. Opinions?

Agreed, hoarders will be blamed for the super demand or lack of pets. Like we already weren't discriminated...

But maybe you can explain what hoarding is, why people do it and that they have the right to do it?..Because i do think that hoarding has effect on rarities. Again, using Tif as example...due to the fact that she owns 80 BA's, the demand/supply went up quite allot. You can explain why that is, but also add that Tif payed fair for each and everyone of the BA's and that she can do whatever she wants with her pets, just like anybody else. Some people choose to complete their collection, some people choose to hoard very rares. I see no difference.

There will always be people who disprove, who disagree...but if you put this in the guide, make newbies aware of the fact that hoarding is allowed since people are allowed to do what they please with their pets, that there is nothing wrong with them, and that stating that we can't hoard is frowned upon (Rude, mean, greedy, whutever.) It might help them understand a bit more. Honestly, most people that are against hoarding don't even know why others hoard, what others pay for their hoards. I don't see how it is bad to educate new members about this.
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hekomi » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:29 am

Good point. Once I get some other stuff done, I'll work on writing up a section about hoarding and add it to the guide. c:
*Do not PM me for CS help. Send a ticket instead.*

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 53 people.
I have received 53 gifts.
Hekomi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BrightPink » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:30 am

Hekomi & Jeweled wrote:Good point. Once I get some other stuff done, I'll work on writing up a section about hoarding and add it to the guide. c:

I'd like to read it.
I think you'd have to write somewhere that this is not a topic to discuss hoards and tell people not to create such threads.
BrightPink

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:38 am

RainbowCat wrote:
Hekomi & Jeweled wrote:Good point. Once I get some other stuff done, I'll work on writing up a section about hoarding and add it to the guide. c:

I'd like to read it.
I think you'd have to write somewhere that this is not a topic to discuss hoards and tell people not to create such threads.

Agreed with that. A warning on the front page, just a "Don't nag about hoarders" thing...xD (But then worded nicer...lol).

I just know that people complain when they don't know the truth. I've seen members that joined like a week ago with trade rules "I don't trade with hoarders" and when you ask them why not, they just say that they don't know what hoarding is..xD

(oofftopic, Lol, i just found out my fear of doctors is actually called Iatrophobia...and to fix it you need to..tamtamtaaaam..go see a doctor -_-, that's so ironic.)
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *destiny* » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:05 am

Great guide. :)
Just one query - in the dates section you mention any Malk dragons, does this include the copper and green ones too?
*destiny*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hekomi » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:56 am

*destiny* wrote:Great guide. :)
Just one query - in the dates section you mention any Malk dragons, does this include the copper and green ones too?

No, only the VR ones. I'll clear that up.
-Komi
*Do not PM me for CS help. Send a ticket instead.*

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 53 people.
I have received 53 gifts.
Hekomi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mythicwave » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:25 am

Nice guide.
Threads like this make me wish I had used the forum sooner, so that way I would've learned my rarities faster.
Mythicwave

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kohaku » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:39 pm

well if you don't want people to ask hoarding questions here, why don't you link them to the guide to hoarding?
visit my hamsters for hamsters shop here!
Kohaku

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pideaux » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:22 am

ilykomi - might just put this in my trade settings. e.e
Pideaux