CS Items Guide - Help update values - Medieval Faire Tokens

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Items Guide

Postby Solloby » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:06 pm

Rat Butterfly Costume is a current store item, store items aren't included because you can find their value through the 'What is the worth in C$ thread' by searching for pets that are worth the same C$ as the items. That way you can get an accurate value. Also I'm not good with the C$ values of lower end pets.
Solloby
I take care of the CS archives and
sometimes submit pet/item designs.

Characters :: Artwork

Help
You can find Help in the main navigation menu.
If your question or problem is not answered there, please use the Help System.
I am not a mod and cannot help you so please don't PM me for site help.
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby emgeal » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:50 pm

The rat butterfly costumes were actually released during Halloween last year. I think you are thinking of the rat angel/devil costumes.

I have had good luck trading for Halloween items by offering uncommons of that prior year in exchange for the full set. Offering older uncommons will mean you find the set more quickly and keep in mind that if someone is asking more then you want to pay just walk away, those sets are not that hard to find.
ImageImageImageImage

Complete Collection Achieved on 12/21/2011! (Pets and items)
emgeal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Boo & Shady » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:19 pm

emgeal wrote:The rat butterfly costumes were actually released during Halloween last year. I think you are thinking of the rat angel/devil costumes.

I have had good luck trading for Halloween items by offering uncommons of that prior year in exchange for the full set. Offering older uncommons will mean you find the set more quickly and keep in mind that if someone is asking more then you want to pay just walk away, those sets are not that hard to find.

For me it was. Oh my gosh, it took me a week to get one set. But I got a nice deal on them. :)

Boo & Shady

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby emgeal » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:53 pm

Well I was comparing them to the difficulty of getting say... The retired store items or the right facing upright candy cane from 09 (or the 09 Christmas plushies). I had much more trouble finding the scarecrow costume and Native American costume from that item release then the rat butterfly costumes. The key is to not just look at people on the trade forums. I've found a lot of people weren't really attached to that costume and were willing to trade it away if approached politely about it, but they might not have actively been pursing trades in the forums.
ImageImageImageImage

emgeal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Boo & Shady » Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:07 pm

emgeal wrote:Well I was comparing them to the difficulty of getting say... The retired store items or the right facing upright candy cane from 09 (or the 09 Christmas plushies). I had much more trouble finding the scarecrow costume and Native American costume from that item release then the rat butterfly costumes. The key is to not just look at people on the trade forums. I've found a lot of people weren't really attached to that costume and were willing to trade it away if approached politely about it, but they might not have actively been pursing trades in the forums.

Before I get off topic if I have anymore questions like this but how do you find them?

Boo & Shady

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby emgeal » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:23 am

I used the list of people online. I started at the top, skipping mods, and opened about twenty names up in new tabs. I closed out of anyone who joined after the date of the item release. So for those it would be October of 09. Then I go to "Trade with this person". I check their items. If it's locked I closed out. If they have the items I'm looking for I add all the ones I'm interested in and then go and read their rules carefully. Then I look at the items that I pulled out and narrow it down to at most three sets I'm interested in. If they stated an item policy I follow it and I try to add pets from their wishlist. If I didn't have pets from their wishlist (usually the people who had very small collection and only put "dreamies" on their wishlist not people with nearly complete collections) then I added what I considered a fair offer and sent it mentioning that if they would like other pets they should just swap it out and if I wasn't willing to offer a certain kind of pet (like rare or very rares) I would say so. I got turned down a lot, but nobody ever got mad at me. It's very important to remember who you already asked about their items as you go from day to day to avoid asking someone twice. If their rules look familiar, but the name doesn't ring a bell search your trades for their name to verify whether or not you've already asked them.

It doesn't hurt to add the items as a side note to any trade thread you have, but I had the best luck with the above strategy. The people on the trades usually want to keep all of their items or value them above their worth. People who aren't into the item dress-up and such don't value them as high and are often thrilled to be offered an older dog on their wishlist for the items they aren't interested in collecting.
ImageImageImageImage

emgeal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby | Aloy | » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:51 pm

I have a poll up in an auction of mine about the DIY Cake set, because I wanted to see how many people actually want it. It has been up for two days, and these are the results so far:
5 people want one and would bid for one
9 people don't want one
5 people want one, but can't afford it

And these results have been pretty constant. It seems like half the people here want them, but not everyone can get one. So that is still 564 sets to about 50,000 users if you don't take off a few thousand for the inactive ones? Sorry if this seems like random spam. I know that the rarity and price hasn't settled, but I thought I'd try to help with the demand part if nothing else ;A;

Edit:
I left the poll up and put a link to it asking for people to answer. The newer results:
4 people want one and would bid for one
14 people don't want one
15 people want one, but can't afford it
Last edited by | Aloy | on Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
| Aloy |

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solloby » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:06 pm

emgeal wrote:The rat butterfly costumes were actually released during Halloween last year. I think you are thinking of the rat angel/devil costumes.

So I am X.x I'd imagine they're worth an '10 uncommon then, maybe an early '10 since they'd be harder to find I would think?

Thanks for the stats Ocelot, they are rather interesting.
It's a small sample group and doesn't cater for those that already have it that might've voted option 2, but with that considered, even if ony 1/5th of the users are active... that's less than 564 sets for about 10000 people. And a lot of those sets are broken up or in the hands of people that won't trade them.

I think because they are so easy to break that it might be hard in the future to amass a full set. Broken up their value is even harder to guess.
Solloby
I take care of the CS archives and
sometimes submit pet/item designs.

Characters :: Artwork

Help
You can find Help in the main navigation menu.
If your question or problem is not answered there, please use the Help System.
I am not a mod and cannot help you so please don't PM me for site help.
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby stanzathemanza » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:43 pm

Solloby wrote:

So I am X.x I'd imagine they're worth an '10 uncommon then, maybe an early '10 since they'd be harder to find I would think?

Thanks for the stats Ocelot, they are rather interesting.
It's a small sample group and doesn't cater for those that already have it that might've voted option 2, but with that considered, even if ony 1/5th of the users are active... that's less than 564 sets for about 10000 people. And a lot of those sets are broken up or in the hands of people that won't trade them.

I think because they are so easy to break that it might be hard in the future to amass a full set. Broken up their value is even harder to guess.

Agreed. I just hope that people will do their best to keep full sets together when auctioning or trading them, for us future owners who can not afford the set now (ahem, ahem x.x).
I'm briefly back after 8 years! <3

22-yr-old punk. they/them
stanzathemanza

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby delani » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:33 am

What about the Chicken Smoothie? I didn't see it up there...
delani

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me