Staff Litter Discussion Thread 2017

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Staff Litter Discussion Thread 2017

Postby raey » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:46 pm

@ kiwilady
    Only saw your edit now oops;
    But nope. That dog is not mine.

@Boostafur: I'd love to hear why you think that the pup with the egg is mine, if I like your argumentation I might tell you if you were right or not.
    But really the "hints" shouldn't be weighted too heavy. Maybe those regarding edits, eye colour and design...but not sure if these are actually helpful lol

@Ranger: I'd say you have actually the best chances on guessing right considering you know my stuff quite well I think and therefore technically know about some things I like or favour.
raey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby obliviious » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:47 pm

Raire wrote:
Crazix Banette wrote::D ah gotchya. This is my first time ever participating in this guessing game lol. i feel like im going in circles alot lol. XD getting dizzy... TuT

C; At least trying to match the hints is a good start, well done!

Same with me Crazix but as Raire said it's always good to start getting hints and discussing with other members c:

I just noticed that I've almost been on CS for a year :)
.........................♥ ♡ ♥
.....|| australian || she/her || capricorn ||
╔═════════════════════════════╗
...always open to pms or any messages x
╚═════════════════════════════╝
..........|| credit || my trade thread ||
.........................♥ ♡ ♥
obliviious

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Artisys » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:54 pm

@raey

green is a pretty eye color for sure. ^^
not truly natural looking markings but can be seen as such.
no major line edits, aside from the addition of the little egg and nest near it. but nothing that i see that alters the pup itself really. :)
seems a bit random to me lol. but it still looks nice/cute. ^^
so hard to find your own "style" in art but once you find it and feel happy with it then it's as good as yours eh? :D But i can say the style does seem a bit similar to some of your other pets. I was thinking this one also had the chance to be yours because your last pet had a caterpillar companion on it. ^^ so the egg sparked that thought that this one had a chance to be yours. :3
the eye is not primary but is secondary/intermediate (it's a lighter green so maybe intermediate). ^^
my first thoughts on "dark chocolate flavored with orange" was that the dark brown made me think chocolate on it, and the lighter color was as though it could have been dipped in some orange flavoring stuff or a mix of the two. ^^;
I don't really think many of the other pups match up well to these hints for what i currently see. So perhaps this one is yours then. ^^

*ੈ✩‧₊˚ Aeden/He-Him-They/DiD ✧˖*°࿐
"Even though you're growing up, you should never stop having fun."
┍━━━━━»•» 🌺 «•«━┑
Artisys ©
┕━»•» 🌺 «•«━━━━━┙
Artisys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby raey » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:03 pm

@crazix;
    I am currently debating with myself if it wouldn't have been wiser if I had said nothing in the beginning and just stayed with eating popcorn.
    Well; that is indeed a very nice argumentation. Can't really say anything against it can I?
raey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby evilpineapples » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:04 pm

Hey raey, heres some guesses

"1. ""Does your staff pet have brown eyes?""
""No it doesn't, but another colour not less beautiful."" im seeing greyish eyes/b]
""Does your staff pet have natural markings?""
""Not really I suppose. Maybe you could consider it natural partially...but then again not?"" [b]natural as in the egg but maybe the pup isn't?

""Does your staff pet have major line edits?""
""It does have edits, just not sure if I made the cut to call them major."" just a small lil egg
""Does your staff pet have minor line edits?""
""Jup, those it does have sure.""
""Would you consider the middle/pups stage of your staff pet to suit/be obviously your style?""
2. ""oh wait...the adult has edits...the pup...maybe...""Adult, ""My pup is smelling after dark chocolate flavoured with orange (and I mean proper chocolate not that weird thing I heard about that claims to be chocolate but is just weird)"" Maybe not a hint or maybe adult, ""Nope the eye colour is not a primary colour.""
evilpineapples

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Artisys » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:07 pm

@raey
lol. I wanted to try. Didn't want to leave you out. ^^
And you can say anything you like.

I'm also doing this to kill time. drank perhaps a "bit" too much coffee lol. been craving coffee for the past week now what with all the coffee mentions and now i can't get it out of my head. XD
So now im on overdrive, vroom vroom. XD

*ੈ✩‧₊˚ Aeden/He-Him-They/DiD ✧˖*°࿐
"Even though you're growing up, you should never stop having fun."
┍━━━━━»•» 🌺 «•«━┑
Artisys ©
┕━»•» 🌺 «•«━━━━━┙
Artisys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Schuyler » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:57 pm

Ranger of the North wrote:
Schuyler wrote:~snip~

Ding ding ding, we have a winner! Yep, this is my Talhéphdwyn. :D

~snip~
Wootwoot, another confirmation! c: So what's Talhéphdwyn mean, and how's it pronounced? XD

It's from a conlang I'm working on and means "not-covered/not-clothed one". c: (A conlang, if you don't know, is a constructed language, ie. a language purposely invented by someone, as opposed to one that has developed naturally over time. Think Klingon, Esperanto, Elvish, Dothraki, and so on.) So that's why I told you you didn't want to think too much about it. Unless you were familiar with my conlangs, which I seriously doubt any of y'all are, you weren't going to figure it out. xD It actually should be spelled "Talhëphdwyn", with "ë" instead of "é", but I keep accidentally typing it wrong, lol.

For those of you who know IPA, it's pronounced [ˈtɬɛft.wɪn] or [ˈtɬɛf.dwɪn].
For those who don't, it's a little hard to explain with English pronunciation because the "lh" is the sound /ɬ/, which is not found in English. It's the same as the double L in Welsh, sort of a mix between the English L and H sounds.
The "a" is dropped, the "ë" is like in "bed", the "ph" is like an F, the "d" is like a T, and the other letters are about the same as how you would pronounce them in English, so altogether it sounds something like "tlheft-win".

And if anyone is still wondering, "DIEWM" (pronounced [d͡ʒɛʊ̯m]) is also from my conlang and means "whose". The proper spelling is "dıëwm", but I wanted to avoid making it obviously not English so I could enjoy watching you all scramble around speculating, heh heh. >:3 Mostly just a bit of fun trolling, although if anyone had guessed that it might not actually be a "real" word and had spotted on my team bio that I say I'm a conlanger (think I've also mentioned it a couple times on the "Ask the Staff" thread), then you might have been able to connect it to me!

Yes, I'm a hopeless language nerd. I know. x3
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
Art credits: Avatar
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
...............ImageImage
Schuyler
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 22tabby » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:24 pm

Schuyler wrote:
Ranger of the North wrote:
Schuyler wrote:~snip~

~snip~
Wootwoot, another confirmation! c: So what's Talhéphdwyn mean, and how's it pronounced? XD

It's from a conlang I'm working on and means "not-covered/not-clothed one". c: (A conlang, if you don't know, is a constructed language, ie. a language purposely invented by someone, as opposed to one that has developed naturally over time. Think Klingon, Esperanto, Elvish, Dothraki, Na'vi, and so on.) So that's why I told you you didn't want to think too much about it. Unless you were familiar with my conlangs, which I seriously doubt any of y'all are, you weren't going to figure it out. xD It actually should be spelled "Talhëphdwyn", with "ë" instead of "é", but I keep accidentally typing it wrong, lol.

For those of you who know IPA, it's pronounced [ˈtɬɛft.wɪn] or [ˈtɬɛf.dwɪn].
For those who don't, it's a little hard to explain with English pronunciation because the "lh" is the sound /ɬ/, which is not found in English. It's the same as the double L in Welsh, sort of a mix between the typical English L and H sounds.
The "a" is dropped, the "ë" is like in "bed", the "ph" is like an F, the "d" is like a T, and the other letters are about the same as how you would pronounce them in English, so altogether it sounds something like "tlheft-win".

And if anyone is still wondering, "DIEWM" (pronounced [d͡ʒɛʊ̯m]) is also from my conlang and means "whose". The proper spelling is "dıëwm", but I wanted to avoid making it obviously not an English word so that I could enjoy watching you all scramble around speculating, heh heh. >:3 Mostly just a bit of fun trolling, although if anyone had guessed that it might not actually be a "real" word and had spotted on my team bio that I say I'm a conlanger (think I've also mentioned it a couple times on the "Ask the Staff" thread), then you might have been able to connect it to me!

Yes, I'm a hopeless language nerd. I know. x3

I feel ya on that. I've been trying to teach myself Klingon from KLI.org for years and it's super hard but I love it so much.
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
being a sheep leads to boredom, being a wolf leads to loneliness. one must choose their fate carefully.
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

x

x
──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
██████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────
No one will change the person
I am. The person I've become.
And none should try to. Ever.

──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
██████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────

x

x
──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
██████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────
Coding by косатка.
──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
██████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────

x

"what i do is temporary, but what i leave behind is forever." - Markiplier
22tabby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby VermontVampyre » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:39 pm

Oh yay! 2 confirmations since I last checked! So excited!
VermontVampyre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gwyneira » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:22 am

Schuyler wrote:
Mewfle wrote:

Schuyler;

"1. ""Most prominent tone on yours? Medium; light or dark?"" ""Mmm, I'd say light. ^^
    But is it always that way? Hmm ... Maybe, maybe not? ;)"" It was light in the pup stage then when it grew, the more prominent tone turned to be darker?
    2. ""Mine has something edited. ;)"" The chocolate wrapper
    3. ""What would be the average person's reaction to coming across your pup in a dark alley?"" ""Generally positive, I'd imagine -- at least it seems unlikely someone would have a negative reaction. ^^"" Most people generally don't have a negative reaction towards chocolate
    4. ""But that probably won't help you much, I'm afraid. It does have a meaning that connects to the design, but not one you're likely to figure out on your own. :P I do still have another potentially useful hint out there nobody seems to have found yet, though!""
    5. ""afaotofgyetlatxoaipccucpnylabckxmirnaceaoyocacmihtaxparefpystrtitoerxpssreeosycide"" Creds to seafox for this idea, but all the coffees require espresso to be made..apart from black coffee. The pup seems to be dark chocolate, and dark chocolate is also known as black chocolate.
    6. ""either a primary or secondary color""" The eyes are a primary colour

hi its me and my terrible solving skills again

Your interpretation of #5 is not what I intended, but sure, that works, too. ^^ (Katrielle actually got it exactly right, just didn't connect it to the right dog, so I couldn't confirm. :P "It's not what's in the photographs: it's what's not in them." Mocha is missing from the list and mocha = chocolate. Sometimes what's left out is just as important to take note of as what's included. c;) And the other hints of course are all pretty straightforward. Good job, everyone!

Oh wow! I actually got a hint right?! *faints*
In any case, I'm so glad we now know who the yummy chocolate dog belongs to! I love the name Talhëphdwyn. It is so pretty and unusual.

And I can't wait to see what Ari turns into.
His markings are so pretty!
Image Image Image Image
Gwyneira

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me