Guide: Extended release pets

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Guide: Extended release pets

Postby CaptainSpank » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:07 am

Joof wrote:
CaptainSpank wrote:Hum..., wondering a bit about this Pet actually...:

(Click on the Pet to access its real Page...)

Owner: Pound
Pet ID: 7305716
Pet's name: Nova
Adopted: 2009-12-18
Growth: Full-grown
Rarity: Very rare

I Find it in the Archive under April 2009, but it was adopted on 2009-12-18.

I don't find it listed in this Guide...
=> Or were Pets re-released already in 2009 on Decb 18th...?

As far as i know re-releases on dec. 18th were already happening back in 2009 (:

Ah OK, Thanks @Joof, then that explains it all indeed... :D

Because the Re-release Date for 2011 is Decb 21, I think..., I always took for granted Re-released Pets only started in 2011, and only from 2012 the Date became Decb 18th...

Nice to hear from you btw, ah-ah...! :D
"Pragmatic Thinker"...
I don't try to read anymore when Users use ']Size=85[' (or smaller...!) on the Forum or in their Trade Rules..., as this is completely unreadable on Desktop in any Browser...!
In the Jungle/Forest/Cave...!: wrote:CaptainSpank is hanging upside-down from lianas, wondering how that happened...!
Oh no!, a snake in the grass! CaptainSpank jumps out of the way and hides behind a mushroom...!

I usually have Sigs turned OFF, (except Events), because of too many heavy ('.gif') Pix (metered Connection, I pay per Mb), and I don't want to know the SPR Orientation of other Players on a Game Site...
Current (Easter 2024): Sigs turned ON...!
(Total blocked (approx): 24.2Gb.)

The Pets from my 'Special & Rare Pets' Group are open for (nice!) Trades / True Date Swaps...

Dreamie(s)...!):
- Fishes - (=> 11 missing...!) // - Bats - (=> 17 missing...!)
- Owls - (=> 11 missing...!) // - Staff Dogs - [2010-2019] COMPLETED...!! (Missing 2x [2020] + 2x [2021].)
"Big" Dreamies: Animal Eggs [#1-#4](2009) + 'Husky'(2014). (Missing x4+1 in total...)
All Animal Eggs I already have are visible in this Group, with their corresponding Pet...

CaptainSpank

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:33 am

Oh yikes haha

Rereleases have happened every year on December 18, starting in 2008. :D In 2011, there was a second rerelease day on December 24 due to a miscalculation on the first rerelease day that year. So the rerelease dates are as follows:

December 18 in all years from 2008 through 2016 (inclusive)
and December 24, 2011
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CaptainSpank » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:09 pm

nickjr wrote:Oh yikes haha

Rereleases have happened every year on December 18, starting in 2008. :D In 2011, there was a second rerelease day on December 24 due to a miscalculation on the first rerelease day that year. So the rerelease dates are as follows:

December 18 in all years from 2008 through 2016 (inclusive)
and December 24, 2011

Okay, Thanks @nickjr for all those Precisions... :D
"Pragmatic Thinker"...
I don't try to read anymore when Users use ']Size=85[' (or smaller...!) on the Forum or in their Trade Rules..., as this is completely unreadable on Desktop in any Browser...!
In the Jungle/Forest/Cave...!: wrote:CaptainSpank is hanging upside-down from lianas, wondering how that happened...!
Oh no!, a snake in the grass! CaptainSpank jumps out of the way and hides behind a mushroom...!

I usually have Sigs turned OFF, (except Events), because of too many heavy ('.gif') Pix (metered Connection, I pay per Mb), and I don't want to know the SPR Orientation of other Players on a Game Site...

The Pets from my 'Special & Rare Pets' Group are open for (nice!) Trades / True Date Swaps...

Dreamie(s)...!):
- Owls - (=> 11 missing...!) // - Staff Dogs - [2010-2019] COMPLETED...!! (Missing 2x [2020] + 2x [2021].)
"Big" Dreamies: Animal Eggs [#1-#4](2009) + 'Husky'(2014). (Missing x4+1 in total...)
All Animal Eggs I already have are visible in this Group, with their corresponding Pet...

CaptainSpank

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SteampunkAngel » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:15 pm

Hi^^ I was looking for info on this guy when I was trading:

This one in particular that I came across was adopted at the start of October (archived with the September rats). I'm wondering how long he was available for?
Users I know in rl (we may share a computer if we see each other): FizzyFox / _Evergreen_
SteampunkAngel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shinryu » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:26 pm

SteampunkAngel wrote:Hi^^ I was looking for info on this guy when I was trading:

This one in particular that I came across was adopted at the start of October (archived with the September rats). I'm wondering how long he was available for?

I believe all the September rats were available until November 8, at which point they were replaced with the November rats (there was no rat release in October).
    The new November rats were announced on the news page on November 9, but there are some adopted as early as November 8 (x, x). Here is a September rat adopted on November 8.
    I haven't looked further to find November 8 adopts of every single outcome, but saw several that were also adopted in early November, so I think it's safe to say they were taken down together.

On a related note: The November rats were available until shortly after December 2008. Here is one adopted in January 2009.
    According to the news, January pets were released on the 5th, so I suppose that's how long the November rats stayed up. Guess this also puts an end to the question from page 2 about whether or not the blue rats were available for as long as the reddish ones.
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:53 am

Awesome, thanks! I'll update on Sunday when this overloaded week ends @__@

edit: Nope, I'm editing this Saturday instead. -hurls choice words at Real Life-

Edit: I swear if school doesn't let up soon
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CaptainSpank » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:18 pm

"Extended" Release Pets, I would have a Qt about "Limited" Release Pets, actually those 5 BW's (2nd Litter), listed in the Archive as being from March 2014, but I've been trying since a few months to get any of those 5 adopted before 2014-03-17, to no avail...!
I checked as well the Collections and Pets for Trade from a few "older" Players on CS, same thing again those Pets have each time been adopt between 2014-03-17 and 2014-03-19.

Image Image
Image Image Image

But they are listed as "March 2014 Pets" and not as "St Patrick's Day 2014 Pets", so I would expect to be able to find some from before 2014-03-17...

=> The Qt is, am missing anything, and can I keep those 5 on my WL, trying to find them adopted on the 1st, or is there a mini-Mistake in the Archive...? (Or any other Reason...?) :silent:
"Pragmatic Thinker"...

Dreamie(s)...!):

CaptainSpank

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shinryu » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:24 pm

Those Bwolves were indeed not available prior to March 17 ^^ They were released to celebrate the birthday of their artist, DoctorDraca, which simply happens to be on the same date as St. Patrick's Day.

[ formerly ZEL ] [ they/he ] [ Germany ]      And what of you, my mirror?      [PCE] [FR]
                           currently mostly inactive
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CaptainSpank » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:32 pm

ZΕL wrote:
    Those Bwolves were indeed not available prior to March 17 ^^ They were released to celebrate the birthday of their artist, DoctorDraca.

Ah OK, Thanks @ZEL, you demystify it then, ah-ah...! :D

Could be handy maybe to add a mini-Mention in the Archive about that..., as the "Staff Birthdays" Classification disappeared after 2010...
"Pragmatic Thinker"...

Dreamie(s)...!):

CaptainSpank

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby girl of steel » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:35 pm

Very Helpful!
𝐃𝐈𝐃 𝐈───────