GH Litter Discussion 2019

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: GH Litter Discussion 2019

Postby JK341 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:03 pm

Woah hello! Now that is super awesome and neat looking! c:

Adult | He/Him

JK341

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vylad » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:04 pm

J-and-K341 wrote:Woah hello! Now that is super awesome and neat looking! c:

It's a catfish
ImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Vylad

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rowlet. » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:07 pm

Vylad wrote:

It's a catfish

Hehe, a catfish ;v;

It looks like some kind of seal, I think? And there's some markings that I can just barely make out on the side of it's tail...
    |█
    |█
    |█
    |█
    |█
    |█
    willow | they/ey | adult

your existence is so very important; the
    world would be darker without your light

» cs help » about » hoards » fr » 🌈
    ▐|
    ▐|
    ▐|
    ▐|
    ▐|
    ▐|
rowlet.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jinxs » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:16 pm

rowlet. wrote:
Vylad wrote:

It's a catfish

Hehe, a catfish ;v;

It looks like some kind of seal, I think? And there's some markings that I can just barely make out on the side of it's tail...

now iv read up about alot of this thread and what it is i wanna help with the final cats lol

the markings probably mean something so ima try to find that out owo
CHARMINGS!? -- jinx -- he/whatever -- lesbian -- th
jinxs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wolven Girl » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:19 pm

rockruff wrote:
    There's still stuff missing on the hint chart like the video link, and the post that posted an already discovered hint is on there, so in the spirit of keeping newcomers in the loop where it comes to my hints here's everything you need to know to get caught up:

azkaboy wrote:
Aliria wrote:In other news, I found "lherzolite 7" in white text on the first post of the June Discussion Thread, which was posted by Rockruff. No idea if this is a clue, or what it means.

Okay.

I hate this so much. Because it feels like a goose chase.
But I think I've found something lmao.

Lherzolite is a type of igneous rock. Unsure where that leads us. So I'm leaving that for now.
!! However !!
The 7 next to it got me wondering, so I did a forum search for the word; there was a few cases of it!
From newest to oldest it spelled out: 7OZUbyk
Which pinged me as something I recognized as an imgur URL.
After searching for that, it showed nothing. So I turned it backwards = kybUZO7
Which DID give me something.

This image: https://i.imgur.com/kybUZO7.png

Which looks entirely black but it's not.
Bought over into Photoshop and using the magic wand tool, I found this: Image
SAMUEL F B
-
FRIENDS, FAMILY, TEAMMATES. . .

Samuel F.B, better known as Samuel Morse, was the inventor of the Morse Code (another hint we've been working on).

I'll leave what I've found here for others to work on but this is what I've got from a prelim search but this feels so red herring that I wanna scream.

Aliria wrote:Edit: "Friends, family, teammates" could refer to the people who have the Morse code in their signatures, since most of the ones we've found were in other staff member's signatures, but one was in a friend's signature. That left family, and I remembered reading somewhere that Rockruff had a sister who played CS, so I found her profile and found "(#6) --.-"

azkaboy wrote:MORSE CODE POTENTIALLY
    lesbian: (#1) ..--. (??)ÜE(?)AE if Ü is pronounced in english
    Dama: (#2) ...- (V)
    Saikiyo: (#3) = <BT>(Break) OR just a plain equals sign. equals signs in morse translate to -...- but an = can also be used as a Break Line in morse messages
    Seasonal: (#4) --.- (Q)
    AquilaFuga: (#5) .-. ^ (R)
    Jayfrost: (#7) .- ^ (A)
    Vampiric: (#8) _ (T)
    Merilin: (#9) .. (I)
    Raire: (#10) . (E)
    Swiftalu: (#11) -- (M)
    SoulWings: (#12) ..- (U)
    Tarkeli (#13) .--. ^ (P)
    Zeena: (#14) .. ^ (I)

ÜEV=QR^(?)A^TIEMUP^I^ ------(?) is left for #6 unfound as of yet.

Adding in #6 , the code is "?V=QRQATIEMUPI"

I tried putting that into Youtube, since it looked like a video URL, and got nothing. Then, I realized that YT URLs are case sensitive, and those carets might have a meaning. So, I tried "?v=qRqAtiemuPI" ... and still got nothing. I think we're close though!

Another edit: I tried switching out the T for an underscore, and here we go!

The video is a minute and a half long and completely black and silent, except for a frame where it flashes the word "Rockruff" and a frame which flashes "#86"

Edit 3: #86 could be a reference to this hoard.

@rockruff Is the short cat yours?

Kitty&Cats wrote:I took a look back at rockfuff's video that we found.

The first thing that flashes is at 0:08 saying "ROCKRUFF". It is shown for 4 frames in total.

At 0:56 it says "#86", also for 4 frames.

Aliria said that #86 might be in reference to this hoard, so maybe it was the cat with short legs, but Rockruff denied the short leg cat. This leads me to believe that if there's another short cat that it will be Rockruff's. The horse could also have something else in common with the cat. Purple is in the color pallet this year so maybe the cat is purple and white with hints of black. The horse has stars surrounding it so maybe the cat's adult stage will be surrounded by stars or something else!

parabatai. wrote:
    alright so it might just be my limited technology, but i couldn't find much of anything when i messed with the color/brightness/exposure/saturation/etc. of the "rockruff" and "#86" frames. when i got to thinking about it i did realize that h and f (from the youtube channel name and video title) represent the number values 8 and 6 respectively, so i tried playing with the same stuff for the frames at the top of those seconds, and i still got nothing (though i did get a couple of small dots on the frame from eight seconds, it seems like your typical video stuff). it might be referring to frames eight and six of the video itself, which someone else will have to do because i don't have the tech for that.

as i typed this up i recalled the "rockruff" text appeared at 00:08, so i checked out hoard group number eight and didn't see anything there. same goes for the "#86" text at 00:56. i also took a lot at all of the pets in hoard group 86 and noticed almost all of them came from one user, but i don't think that is relevant. there also seems to be no audio, unless someone can put it in a video editor and see. as far as i could tell there was nothing.

i hope i was able to help. c:

Aliria wrote:Rockruff's signature has been updated with the words "find benji ✫✧." His chicken groups all start with those two symbols, and none of the pets in them have names except this guy, named Benji! I have no idea what to do with him, but I certainly found him!

parabatai. wrote:
    also i don't know if this is related, but on rockruff's (previously ) blurb for the staff page, the following is listed at the bottom (literally copy/pasted):

edit: i was able to solve the hint on rockruff's blurb! at first i wondered if the numbers were ascii, but that turned up unrecognized characters. i then decided it was a polybius square, but didn't know what the codeword wold be so i let that go. as it turns out, the cipher used was simple: unicode! the numbers translate to a question: what breed is he? this is clearly a hint to his cat and makes me wonder if, as the previous chicken hint suggests (original post and my theory), the alien/tailless cat is his?

now that i think about it, benji's breed should be the silkie chicken, which looks like this as a baby and their eggs are the traditional white or brown as in real life.

i therefore concur with previous guesses that this kitten is rockruff's!

Guessing that the seal cat is rockruff’s, because the growing stage is partially green, its eyes are very pale blue, the cat does have line edits, seals are typically found in winter-like climates and eat salty fish, and it does have purple spots on its body. Not sure about the other hints
FLOOGLE

Wolven Girl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aliria » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:20 pm

According to the first page I found (link), the runes spell "itael." I'm not sure about the last one - it might be "itaeea" or "itaet." Maybe that's the cat's name?
I'll send out my soul
To worlds more beautiful

Aliria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rocoboq » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:43 pm

that's a very beautiful design! i'm honestly surprised nobody has made this pun yet, it's definitely a good one. honestly, though, i'm feeling wobbuffet for this one.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
the biggest nerd
working a lot
adult player

──── istp ────
newbie guide
important links
adopt a newbie
help ticket

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
rocoboq

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Harlowe » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:07 pm

Well this latest kitty certainly has my seal of approval! <3
Harlowe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Obius » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:49 pm

Harlowe wrote:Well this latest kitty certainly has my seal of approval! <3

You shorely aren't lion about it! This is a beautiful pet! I might shell out more to get a small school of them
Paying 6 c$ per each!
.Image

We come bearing COOKIES!!!
ImageImage
I love Lemurs!
Obius

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shobits » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:50 pm

Aliria wrote:According to the first page I found (link), the runes spell "itael." I'm not sure about the last one - it might be "itaeea" or "itaet." Maybe that's the cat's name?

I think runes are the right track, but the fourth one looks like Rad to me...

Is - I
Tyr - T
Ash - AE
Rad - R
Same by me, the fifth's a little hard to make out.
My birthday is April 26th ^-^
Shobits

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me