September 2013 Discussion Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: September 2013 Discussion Thread

Postby 'Possum » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:15 am

Novingale wrote:
Minimanta wrote:
ziggy.stardust wrote:
*whispers*
Okay, I might be way off base here, but I keep hearing this dog get called "marble dog" ect.
I'm like 89% sure it was confirmed to be a mirror.

but hey, I'm probably wrong xD
Love today's growth!

A mirror? What on earth does that dog has to do with mirrors? o.O
It definitely looks like marble to me, both stages too.

The artist based the design on a mirror.
Pandle wrote:
      I'm going to come clean! A few of you guessed right after my riddle and I did indeedy create this pup:Image

It was based off the idea that what we see in the mirror isn't always what's really there. It's got a twist to its adult stage, but I won't say what.
Minimanta wrote:I still don't see what that dog has to do with mirrors..

It's a mirror image of it's puppy form.

A mirror reflects back to us an exact opposite of what we truly are. This dog takes the whole left on the right one step farther and even switches colors. Dark for light and light for dark.
'Possum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby spencer » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:37 am

Favorite outcome. <3
I'm speechless.
spencer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luae; » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:39 am

These are my favourites.

✠ ✠ ✠
遠 哭
FAR CRY

祕境
UNCHARTED

生化奇兵
BIOSHOCK

巫師
THE WITCHER

ϟ .................
Luae;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luli » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:41 am

DoctorDraca wrote:
Minimanta wrote:I still don't see what that dog has to do with mirrors..

It's more about symbolism, really. The dog had these cracks in it. Cracks in a mirror. Flaws we see when looking at ourselves.
Yet the adult dog has inverted colours, which could mean that either it changed so much, or that the flaws have overcome the positive sides because of a long life of doubts and fears. Because afterall, growing up is filled with doubts and fears, while you never have too much to worry about as a child. It's almost like a story, really.

In my opinion, anyway.

That's a very interesting interpretation! I wonder if Pandle will explain further :o
Image Image
HUGE THANKS TO A CHICKEN FOR HELPING ME GET THE LAST PET TO COMPLETE MY COLLECTION!!
Offering Image AND Image for Image
Luli

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Never & Rush » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:55 am

I was going to talk about my five favorites but I can't pick just five, they're all so good! So here's my (still difficult to choose) nine favorites with much redundancy of "cute", "adorable", and "<3"

My absolute favorite. <3 Drizzle did an outstanding job, I just adore this outcome!

Very close second favorite. My favorite in the second stage by far. Those eyes are stunning, the little feet so cute, and the spooky arms <333

The rest are in no particular order;

Shadow's staff pups have always been among my favorites. No disappointment this year. There's not much to say, this lovely speaks for itself.

CUTE FRECKLE FLOP EAR DOG AHHHHH

I kind of ignored the second stage but it grew up so incredibly stunning. Not only are the edits amazing but the colors and patterns, and especially that adorable wing. c:

I don't know, I just really love this dog. I think it's beautiful and I loved Pandle's explanation of it. It's a really pretty outcome. ;u;

AHHH ADORABLE ALIEN DOG WITH CUTE FLUFFY CHEEKS AHHHH

I really liked the second stage and I really really like the adult. Neat pattern (dat star) and nice use of colors, Cloudsong! <3

ANOTHER CUTE FRECKLY DOG YOU GUYS KILL ME. Precious<3
paying 5 C$ for ANY WL rare or 2 WL EUCs!
✨Never's Flight Rising✨ ❄️Rush’s Flight Rising❄️
ImageImage
hi im Never, and Rush is a huge adorable loser <3
<333
Never & Rush

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RadicalEdward » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:59 am

I just now saw it, but oh my GOD. 8D

I love Kankris pet. ;u; Fireflies are my favourite type of.. insect? Anyways, I love it. Nicely done 8D
❤️💛💚💙💜hiii❤️💛💚💙💜
RadicalEdward

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yoyce » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:09 am

Time for Yoyce's favourites. =)

This girl is definitely my number one. She has no faults, simple as that. <3
Aaand made by bibz. :3

This is my second favourite and if we're talking about major lineart edits, this one wins. The edits are perfect, nothing to correct. =)

My other favourites are some simple pets (Fiery Gatoh & Coalchaser) as well as some more edited ones (DoctorDraca, Chia & Vampiric). But all artists deserve applause for such creativity! After all...
...green is NOT a creative colour. ; )
After years of commitment to the site I was treated like a dirt, falsely accused and judged by almost everyone with no chance to explain. I do not see the point to stay here anymore, so it's a farewell!

Your life is important. Have a good one.

Contact the Raccoon Master:
>> FlightRising << >> deviantArt <<
Yoyce

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FlitterRayne » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:51 am

Figured I'd join in the favorite looks, though I still love each of the outcomes this year. They're all unique in their own ways, and all to be appreciated. :) These are just my top 5:

(Note, in no particular order.)
The face is just too much to get past. <3

Simple, complex, soft and glowy. Also, three tails! How can you go wrong? :D

How on earth can I pass up a dragon?!? Yup, definitely in my top 5!

Again, that face is too wonderful to pass up. That, and I just wanna cuddle!

I'm surprised more didn't mention this lady. She reminds me of Memoirs of a Geisha, one of my favorite movies. (Yup, totally watched it after seeing her grow!) But too spectacular not to be mentioned. ;)

And that's my top 5! Love them all. <3

Remembering my Mother lost last June 17th, 2017. You are loved and well missed.
Known as "FlitterRayne" on Eldemore and Flight Rising well. Trades in both places welcomed!
FlitterRayne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PastCat » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:50 pm

Ok, because everyone else is posting their top-whatever staff dogs, I thought I would too. Not in specific order, these are the five I liked the most this year:

Vampiric's: I loved the way the pup changed from the cadet to the space pilot. The clothing is awesome and I like the contrast of the orange eyes.

Spotty's: This fellow is just so adorable. I just want to cuddle him.

Hekomi's: As a history major, I love the Roman design on this gal. The black toga is a great contrast to the greens used everywhere else.

The Calico Tabby's: I like the expression on this guy's face; he's kind of shy and mischievous.

JadeGhost's: This dog just seems to have an air of subdued elegance to me. I also like the beguiling blue eyes.

Thanks for all of the wonderful designs everyone! (A special shout-out to the three artists who have made staff pets all 5 years and to the new people who have made their first pet this year :thumbup: :clap: )
Avatar from lines by angel23456. Hockeyhottie is my sister (we trade).
PastCat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me