-Firestar-s Guide: How To Get The Dog Of Your Dreams

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Guide: How To Get The Dog Of Your Dreams

Postby Solfeggio » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:37 am

-Firestar- wrote:Oh nice! Grats gLove! :D ^_^ Good to see we can still get CS pets for CS pets.

Thanks >u< (I have yet to look for a spare for you >u< )
Actually your guide helped me to find the pets I needed for trading...tedious task, but worth it! :mrgreen:
when first i appear i seem mysterious
but when explained i'm nothing serious

{ characters · art shop }
Solfeggio

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Princess Luna » Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:25 am

gLove wrote:
-Firestar- wrote:Oh nice! Grats gLove! :D ^_^ Good to see we can still get CS pets for CS pets.

Thanks >u< (I have yet to look for a spare for you >u< )
Actually your guide helped me to find the pets I needed for trading...tedious task, but worth it! :mrgreen:

Wow, this board is a little dead. Perhaps I should bring it back to life?

Anyway, I have a very hard time getting rare trading material :o I'm better at getting rare pets for myself :lol:

I'm going to try this guide with getting my last septembers needed, a floppy-eared pink september, and the stripy-pink september with light blue eyes. I'll keep you posted on how it turns out! Perhaps then I can use it to get some cake dogs... ;)
Princess Luna

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jemma-Jo » Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:45 am

I'm trying this with some November pets first. I'll see how this works out. :lol:
“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it." (Terry Pratchett)

Jemma-Jo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Honey Raven » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:01 am

This is a great thread! I'm going to try your way and see if it helps any. :D

I do have a question though. I understand the advents in December. But what about the other December specials. I've learned that the angel and the tan socks dog is rarer. What about the other specials? Should I just move on to another month?

Honey Raven

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Princess Luna » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:51 am

honeybee8200 wrote:This is a great thread! I'm going to try your way and see if it helps any. :D

I do have a question though. I understand the advents in December. But what about the other December specials. I've learned that the angel and the tan socks dog is rarer. What about the other specials? Should I just move on to another month?

Well, I'm no expert. But this is how I see all the specials:

Sock dog: The rarest advent special, besides december 18th. I've seen it go for a galaxy and pink balloon!

Angel: Just below. It's not worth julys or augusts, but it's a bit tricky to find it for trade.

Special rats: They all have the same rarity, if you ask me. They are just kinda tricky to find for trade. I think the elf is the rarest.

Snowflake dog with candycane necklace: I'd say common. Relatively easy to find, and you don't have to offer much to get one.

Christmas tree dog: Probably one of the most common specials. Most people have at least one, and plenty have them for trade.

Red/green sided holly dogs: The red is common, the green is uncommon/rare. A bit harder to find.

Cream colored santa hat dogs: Very common as well. Very easy to trade for, most people have at least one, if not more in their trade sections.

Snowflake dogs and snowflake PPS: I'd say the PPS is uncommon, as every person had 15 chances to get it. The other two are common, though I think the creamy one is easier to get then the blue one.

Holly/fox dog and cat: I think the cat is rarer then the dog, but some people got two cats and others got two dogs so I think they are about the same rarity. I'm not really the person to ask, since I got both in two tries.

Special Cats: I think they are of the same rarity. I'm pretty sure most people got one of each... *shrugs* Anyway, they are both about as easy or hard to get as the other.

Miniature Huskies: The pink husky is a tad rarer then the grey husky, I think. (Hey, you get pretty knowledgeable about this stuff when you enjoy looking at old AC threads) But again, I'm not the person to ask since I got both in one try.

Special Horses: The tinsel horse and the pink horse are the uncommon/rare ones, and the brown and candy-cane stripe are the common ones.

The lions: Both are the exact same rarity, I'm sure of it. But I wasn't even in a place with a computer when they were released so...

Special Butterfly Wolves: They had about the same rarity aswell, because some got one of each, some got two of one. (Usually in those cases they would swap with someone.)

Pre-july pets: You had the same chance at getting all of them, so they all have the same rarity.

Hope that was at least a little helpful. If anything, it tells people what's rare and what's not :lol:
Last edited by Princess Luna on Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Princess Luna

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jemma-Jo » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:53 pm

Jemma-Jo wrote:I'm trying this with some November pets first. I'll see how this works out. :lol:

Thankyouthankyouthankyou.

I tried this with the two dogs in my sig and I found someone off forum willing to trade them AND two advents. I sent a trade for those, trading a couple of Febs, and I got no answer. The toothy11 sent a trade giving me the dogs for free so of course I accepted. Then I went to cancel the earlier trade and just then it had been accepted! So now I have two pairs of my dream pets and two advents. I would never had found the pets if it hadn't been for your changing the url trick.

:D
“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it." (Terry Pratchett)

Jemma-Jo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: -Firestar-s Guide: How To Get The Dog Of Your Dreams

Postby dozy » Sat May 09, 2009 6:16 am

Yay, this is very helpful.... *gets How to draw books out*
Hi, I'm Elle!
{she/her - adult - ifsp}

I pop on a few times a year. Please be patient with me.

Always looking for trades that include PPS dogs - I collect them

Trading Thread || Offsite Trades

♥️
dozy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby acciobadger » Sat May 09, 2009 7:19 am

this is wonderful!
Hello~
I'm acciobadger, but you may call me Wolfie. Most people do.
If you play FlightRising, all of my pet groups are open to trade for FR currency.
c:

acciobadger

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sapphirescript » Sat May 16, 2009 10:24 am

Wow you should ask to sticky this I just wish it was as easy as you made it sound! Ever sence I joined I have been questing the red toxic but yes I am proof having friends work I got a wishlist pet for my b-day from one of my rp buddys XD Still after it and now with this info It might get better
(Mods if you need a reason to sticky this think about how many threads will stop popping up say NEED *Name of pet* And begging XD)
Sapphirescript

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Archae » Wed May 20, 2009 2:29 am

This is very helpful. I didn't read it before, but I was doing free sketches on here and asking if anyone wanted to give me pets in exchange, and I got very lucky, I found a player that has been around since August and she gave me two August pets. I felt so lucky! XD
ImageImage
Archae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me