Trade Rant Thread [NEW]

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Trade Rant Thread [NEW]

Postby chromatica » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:45 am

Yep... rant and rave, people. ^^

Do not remake this thread until it's reached 900 pages minimum.

Rules
    1: Don't name names; we don't want anyone embarrassed here. Again, DO NOT NAME NAMES!

2: If you happen to come here and see the offer you made, don't cry about it.

3: No bad-talking "n00bs", as you are just as likely to be named one as the next person.

4: If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all. No more of this senseless name calling.

5: Please, don't post "Bookmarking", "marking", "saving", etc. This topic is really popular and it will always stay close to the front page. If you want to bookmark it, there is a button at the bottom of the page that will store all the threads you want easy access to.

6: No spamming. So no chit-chat, no asking for stupid trades, and no SLANDER. That means you don't judge someone because of their grammar issues or their inability to read trade messages. There is always a chance that the person on the other side of the trade might not have your language as their first language, or they could even be dyslexic. Also, posts such as -gives cookie- is counted as spam. Unless you have a trade following after, do not post it.

7: Do not bad mouth COPPA'd users - as this is getting out of hand, do NOT come here to whine about how annoying it is that COPPA'd users cannot send trade messages, fail at rarities, or are sending multiple trades/edits, or just being downright annoying. You were once a newb yourself; you should remember this. The Trade Rant Thread is not a place to badmouth the COPPA'd users.
    A COPPA'd user is a member under 13 years of age. They cannot send messages on the the forums or on the main site (i.e. trade messages). Yes, there are a large number of them who do not understand rarities, but then, neither did you when you started. ;)

8:Do not complain about no trades- this is getting spammy and annoying. Anyone who posts complaining of this runs the risk of being reported, as this is not a true rant- it could be considered begging for trades. Don't post; complaining about no trades. Thank you.

9: DO NOT complain about pets that are not for trade here. It will be counted as spam and is frowned upon. If you are getting trades for pets that are not for trade or prized highly LOCK THE GROUP. There is no reason to complain here when such a problem has a very easy solution.

10. This is an important rule, put here recently because of the issues we've been having with it. This is NOT a place to badmouth and rant about hoarders. There is no rule in the rule area that people cannot hoard pets. Please don't whine or rant about it.

11. Do NOT rant about how long it takes for someone to accept your trade! They may be thinking about it and trying to decide if they want to trade! The only exception is if it has been rotting for over a few months and they've been online every day.

12. It is never acceptable to have someone with death threats in their rules, group names, etc. If you find them PLEASE report to a mod immediately.

13. If someone sends you a bad trade it is NEVER acceptable to give out their username so other people can troll them with bad trades. Nor is it acceptable for you to do the same thing to them. This is considered harassment and bullies are not tolerated on CS. Asking for usernames is not allowed and will earn you a board warning for bullying.

Tess wrote:Just a reminder that being rude or abusive to other players is against the rules!

If you cancel a bad trade with a nasty message, you could get in trouble. So don't do it. If someone sends you a nasty message, you can report it, don't retaliate.

If someone tells you that your cancel message was a bit rude, don't get angry at THEM, just revise the way you cancel trades, and don't be such a bully in future.

If you sincerely can't think of a single nice word to say when canceling a trade, then cancel it without a message. There's no point getting yourself in trouble over someone else's bad trade offer.

Use some common sense, and don't throw a tantrum when other people advise you to tone it down. With their advice, you potentially avoid a board warning. Throwing their advice in their face, you encourage me to give you a board warning.

Think before you post, and think before you abuse someone for sending you a bad trade. I don't care if someone asked for 100 of your very best pets for free, if you turn around and abuse them I will still warn you for nastiness.

Old thread is here, here and here.
Last edited by chromatica on Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
lesbianshe/theyadult user
my collections: dwarf hamsters, lions, otters, sitting cats, snakes, & zebras
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
chromatica

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Trade Rant Thread [NEW]

Postby Iluff Llamas » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:46 am

Woot :D

Edit:

RANT:

You're online.. Y U NO ACCEPT TRADE?! D:<
Iluff Llamas

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Elemental Rift » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:47 am

Part of a user's trading rules wrote:ANDDDD im look for panda look animals, if u got them send me trades!!!!! PANDASSSSSS

Erm, I didn't understand that. Not one bit. Except for maybe pandas. That's it.

I seriously fear for the next generation, if users already do this. And on the topic of Shima Longtails?

The demand won't go down. They're just so...I don't know. They might, in the future, be almost impossible to get.

I'm lucky I got mine for an Yellow Android.
Elemental Rift

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Patch. » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:48 am

Off Topic: I got this and was happy.

On topic: Then I got this and it almost killed my mood -__-
Pet's name: ♥ Rajah ♥ ♂ {Sakura Kyoko}
Patch.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SnowStar » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:48 am

Trades are just sitting there....rotting.
Do something with them, please! D:
So full of hate were our eyes
That none of us could see
Our war would yield countless dead
But never victory
So let us cast arms aside
And like discard our wrath
Thou, in faith, will keep us safe
Whilst we find the path

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Art block is hitting hard, sorry about not drawing much or being on lately.
SnowStar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby contra » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:48 am

This is more like a rave about a rant xD.
I cancelled a bad trade. the message was:

i'm a tulip in a cup // i stand no chance of growing up
contra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dann » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:48 am

-pokes- ooh a shiny new thread c:

/ontopic don't you hate it when people just ignore gifts you send? D= I feel awful canceling them since it was a gift but seriously this has been rotting in my trade folder for over a month now and you've been on everyday >.<
Dann

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ariadne » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:48 am

ᶫᵒᵛᵉᵧₒᵤ ♥ & noerica wrote:
Iluff Llamas wrote:
Starr-- wrote:Shima Longtail.
Why the heck is it so overrated? I offered two '09 rares and I still got cancelled and yelled at.

I know right? They aren't even worth that. D:

i know right!? if they are so rare, shouldnt they be on the rares list????

... this is not about rarity but about demand. They have no place
on the Rares List since number-wise they're everywhere.
I don't think they are overrated at all. It's an epic lineart edit that won't be used again.
But I'd certainly trade mine for a Joker xD
I don't even like the dog and it would be auctioned off, but that kind of epic overpay
is simply iressistable to me ^^;
I guess I was lucky to get my Shima as a 'side-dish' in my UR lion auction <3
~Lun
annabell // aries // an Adult(tm)
ariadne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby marshmallows656 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:48 am

Dear old buddy :D

I told you that you didn't have anything I wanted for my BEG

No a Shima longtail wont cut it, I havge already explained that I already own one and even if I didn't I wouldn't even as much as consider that trade...

Y U NO LISTEN TO LOGIC?
Last edited by marshmallows656 on Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
marshmallows656

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mistress Shadow. » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:49 am

Rant: IT'S NOT EVEN A STORE ITEM. WHY DO YOU NEED ONE OF MY RARES FOR A BIT OF GRASS?!?!
Last edited by Mistress Shadow. on Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
~~~~
Mistress Shadow.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me