•Trade Rant Thread• V.12 -MODS PLEASE LOCK-

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

•Trade Rant Thread• V.12 -MODS PLEASE LOCK-

Postby Spraypaint » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:20 pm

Yep... rant and rave, people. :D ^^

Please do not remake this thread until it's reached 900 pages minimum.

This is our new mascot c:
Please note that all spam will be reported as soon as it is seen.
Also note that this is a public thread, and it is to be remade by anyone.
Also, this is a trade rant thread, not a trading thread.
You should not be asking for missed outcomes, or offering pets to other people on this topic.
Please PM them/send a trade if you want to trade.

Tess wrote:Here's something to think about: Admins can see every trade message you've ever sent or received.

Lying about nasty trade messages to get attention on the trade rant thread is not a wise move.

When you 'refuse to report the bully' then we end up wasting a lot of valuable time searching through all your recent trade messages looking for a bully to warn. If the bully doesn't exist, congratulations, you've just wasted a bunch of staff time and we're not going to be happy with you.

Trade Rant Thread Rules

1: Don't name names;
    We don't want anyone embarrassed on our thread. Again, DO NOT NAME NAMES!

2: If you happen to come here and see the offer you made, don't cry about it.
    Since we get people doing this, I'm going to add on. Complaining includes replying to the trade you were involved in and ranting on them. They have the right to rant and so do you, but we don't need an unnecessary fight breaking out over a trade.

3: No bad-talking "n00bs."
    You are just as likely to be named one as the next person.

4: If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.
    No more of this senseless name calling.

5: Please, don't post "Bookmarking", "marking", "saving", etc.
    This topic is really popular and it will always stay close to the front page. If you want to bookmark it, there is a button at the bottom of the page that will store all the threads you want easy access to.

6: No spamming.
    This means no chit-chat, no asking for stupid trades, and no SLANDER. Don't judge someone because of their grammar issues or their inability to read trade messages. There is always a chance that the person on the other side of the trade might not have your language as their first language, or they could even be dyslexic. Also, posts such as -gives cookie- is counted as spam. Unless you have a trade following after, do not post it. Please note that whenever you do not have a rant, it is considered spamming and it will be reported.
    7: Do not bad mouth COPPA'd users.
    This is getting out of hand. Do NOT come here to whine about how annoying it is that COPPA'd users cannot send trade messages, fail at rarities, or are sending multiple trades/edits, or just being downright annoying. You were once a newb yourself; you should remember this. The Trade Rant Thread is not a place to badmouth the COPPA'd users.
    A COPPA'd user is a member under 13 years of age. They cannot send messages on the the forums or on the main site (i.e. trade messages). Yes, there are a large number of them who do not understand rarities, but then, neither did you when you started. ;)

8: Do not complain about getting no trades.
    This is getting spammy and annoying. Anyone who posts complaining of this runs the risk of being reported, as this is not a true rant- it could be considered begging for trades. Don't post; complaining about no trades. Thank you.

9: DO NOT complain about pets that are not for trade here.
    It will be counted as spam and is frowned upon. If you are getting trades for pets that are not for trade or prized highly LOCK THE GROUP. There is no reason to complain here when such a problem has a very easy solution.

10. This is NOT a place to badmouth and rant about hoarders.
    There is no rule in the rule area that people cannot hoard pets. Please don't whine or rant about it. This rule is very important, and was put here because we have had to deal with it before.

11. Do NOT rant about how long it takes for someone to accept your trade!
    They may be thinking about it and trying to decide if they want to trade! The only exception is if it has been rotting for over a few months and they've been online every day.

12. It is never acceptable to have someone with death threats in their rules, group names, etc.
    If you find them or know someone who has made these threats to CS players, PLEASE report it to a mod immediately.

13. Its not ok to rant about other threads here.
    This is a trade rant, not a place to whine about a thread you don't like. It's not a thread's fault if you have different beliefs about it or if you feel that you got bad trades from it.

14. Do not rant about how you got foe'd here.
    Again, this is a place for trading. It's fine to say that they sent a bad trade and then when you edited it you were foe'd. It is not, however, ok to whine how someone foe'd you because you had a disagreement or any other reason. If it doesn't have a bad trade attached to it then it doesn't belong here.

15. If someone sends you a bad trade it is NEVER acceptable to give out their username.
    People can easily troll them with bad trades if you give out this information. Nor is it acceptable for you to do the same thing to them. This is considered harassment and bullies are not tolerated on CS. Asking for usernames is not allowed and will earn you a board warning for bullying.

Tess wrote:Just a reminder that being rude or abusive to other players is against the rules!

If you cancel a bad trade with a nasty message, you could get in trouble. So don't do it. If someone sends you a nasty message, you can report it, don't retaliate.

If someone tells you that your cancel message was a bit rude, don't get angry at THEM, just revise the way you cancel trades, and don't be such a bully in future.

If you sincerely can't think of a single nice word to say when canceling a trade, then cancel it without a message. There's no point getting yourself in trouble over someone else's bad trade offer.

Use some common sense, and don't throw a tantrum when other people advise you to tone it down. With their advice, you potentially avoid a board warning. Throwing their advice in their face, you encourage me to give you a board warning.

Think before you post, and think before you abuse someone for sending you a bad trade. I don't care if someone asked for 100 of your very best pets for free, if you turn around and abuse them I will still warn you for nastiness.

Difference between scamming and ninja-trading
Scamming is against the rules. It would be if I sent someone a trade for their blue balloon, telling them their dog was only an uncommon, or that a trade was fair when it is not. This behavior is reportable. Keep in mind not everyone knows their rarities though, but you can tell a scam easily.
Ninja-trading is sending a newbie a trade for a high rarity pet and either offering a bunch of WL, or asking "what would you like for it" and then they add, and both of you are happy with the trade. You get a good deal, but are both happy with it, and there is no lying involved. This is not against the rules, though it is frowned upon.

Last edited by Spraypaint on Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:23 am, edited 4 times in total.
I love Dark Grey Dog-Tag Huskies (:

Let me know if you ever have one up for trade!
Spraypaint

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Re: •Trade Rant Thread• V.12

Postby Squishy Fishy » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:22 pm

new thread smell!

rant~ when you gift someone and they cancel saying they don't take gifts
I'm just like, What?
Even if it's your dream pet?
Squishy Fishy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Galaxy❄ » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:23 pm

you weren't supposed to re~make the thread untill 900 pages. but oh~well. ;n;
[ Other Means To Contact Me ]
Twitter : @IceTabby | Tumblr : @somethingridiculous | Discord : FallenGalaxy

Galaxy❄

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fireflies. » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:23 pm

Chinchillaqueen wrote:new thread smell!

I'm just like, What?

Some people just feel too guilty taking gifts
juliet
mood ;; content
doing ;; playing with the pups
relationship ;; single and ready to mingle [ bi sexual ]
with ;; myself
thinking about ;; they're growing up fast!
rp status ;; open to rps, romantic or friendly
fireflies.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: •Trade Rant Thread• V.12

Postby SunlightAura » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:24 pm

http://www.chickensmoothie.com/trades/v ... 4P04FTxEXw
Patiently waiting whether this trade will be accepted or not...
The waiting is killing me DX I have a strong feeling it will not be...
✢ ✢ ✢

✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧
✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧
- sᴜɴʟɪɢʜᴛᴡᴏʟꜰ -

ᴏᴠᴇʀᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ - ᴘɪsᴄᴇs - ʟᴇsʙɪᴀɴ

ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ᴄᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇ sᴜɴɴʏ!
ɪ ᴀᴍ ᴀ ꜰᴇᴍᴀʟᴇ ᴀʀᴛɪsᴛ ᴡʜᴏ
ʟᴏᴠᴇs ᴠɪᴅᴇᴏs.

ᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ : ۞
SunlightAura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kaizoku » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:25 pm

I don't overpay for hoard pets. ._.

Oh look, they sent me another one.
._.
Last edited by Kaizoku on Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nix ♡ he/him
gaming + anime
medical scientist
need help?
newbie guide & index
Kaizoku

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby screw up » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:25 pm

Black caviar wrote:

I'm just like, What?

I don't, if people send me a gift I gladly accept it and thank them. If someone wants to send me a gift I'm not gonna be all like, 'Get that out of my face!' o.o I met this really nice user and I sent them a gift and then they sent me a gift and we kind of talked over PM a couple times, but anymore. Sigh.. I sort of miss them.
screw up

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Oliverstorm » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:26 pm

New thread! ^^

I hate it when trades just SIT there for, like, a MONTH or something, then get auto-cancelled or something. I usually cancel trades that are over a week old. They've had time to think about it, and should know their answer. I always put this message:
"Clearing out trades over a week old, re-send if interested ^^"

That should be clear...

EDIT: How's this not fair?
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/trades/v ... WnFxzefXeg

Edit again:
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/trades/v ... LZ5_yjTUpQ I got a lion for this >.<
Last edited by Oliverstorm on Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit10 and I are partners, we use the same internet!!

Good Omens.

that is all.
Oliverstorm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lieat » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:26 pm

I overpay if I send overpay. But I generally don't, either.

delusional. wrote:
Black caviar wrote:

I'm just like, What?

I don't, if people send me a gift I gladly accept it and thank them. If someone wants to send me a gift I'm not gonna be all like, 'Get that out of my face!' o.o I met this really nice user and I sent them a gift and then they sent me a gift and we kind of talked over PM a couple times, but anymore. Sigh.. I sort of miss them.

I'm...I don't feel guilty accepting gifts. Is that bad? >->
head empty
Lieat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bvrd » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:26 pm

Person, if you don't trade newborns then y u no lock them? rrgh.
bvrd

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me