November Discussion Thread V.2

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: November Discussion Thread V.2

Postby sylvre » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:37 pm

Bluepup wrote:ThunderStorm!

It grew! <3
And it's sooooooo awesome. Favorite of the litter right here. C:
FREE Earth nest rentals! Visit me on FlightRising!
sylvre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ïṉкɾєαℓṃ » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:49 pm

-shortcircuits-
;_______________________________;
I am in love ;~;

I feel that this outcome is not getting the freak-out attack of adoration that it deserves...
I think it might be because of the fashion of amazingness that it has though ><
it's not hard-core awsome cool-factor like the others were...
it's just.... beautiful ><;

it's far better and more majestic than I could have imagined...
I was very muchly looking forward to it,, and I certainly wasn't disappointed, but I was far more than not-let-down. ><;
I can't find the words,,, I love it ;______________;
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

ιf ι ѕєи∂ уσυ α тяα∂є тнαт'ѕ вℓαик σи уσυя ѕι∂є, ιт'ѕ α gιfт!
=^-^=

ImageImageImage
my featured babies! ^.^
ïṉкɾєαℓṃ
TRADERS PLEASE READ:
people account sit for me & carry out tasks for me & I am often very busy;
please do not assume I have seen your trade--- if I take too long, cancel or send me a POLITE private message! ^^

LOCKED GROUPS ARE STILL FOR TRADE!
IF YOU'D LIKE ME TO CHECK LOCKED GROUPS FOR YOUR WL, PLEASE SEND A SUGGESTION. <3
ïṉкɾєαℓṃ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby squid! » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:53 pm

So here it is, my entire Staff Litter review. *clears throat*

Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
Love this dog- It is very well made, and I really like the spotties on it, and I really like the line edits on it, how it looks puffy, it reminds me of a wintery kind of wolf, like an arctic wolf.

I really like this dog. Like many of this set of Staff Litter dogs, it has beautiful wings. The antenna are really cool, and this dog reminds me a bit of an alien- insect type thing, kind of futuristic ^-^ I like it's designs on it's body as well.

I really like the fog-type cloud around this dog. The way the scarf is billowing in the breeze makes me think of a windy winter day. The headband and tailband and bracelet are both really nice, and I love the feather earrings. The cracked ice on the shoulder is a really nice design to put on it.

I really love the tail and ear edits on this one (especially the tail ^-^) and the flowers on it make it look very graceful. The branch- like markings on it make me think of a flowery tree.

This dog reminds me of a weary traveler from an anime movie, like Howl's Moving Castle or something. I like the hairless look of it, and the blue swirls on it are beautiful. I like the walking stick and the cloak as well, they add to the 'Wise Old Sage' kinda look.

I like the Hipster look that this dog carries, it is really cool. I love the guages and the goatee, and the glasses. They all add the the 'Hipster' look of it. Love it. <3

Haha, this chubby little pup is just adorable. <3 It is very cute and I love the chubby line edits to the body and it's little smile. :)

As always, the ear edits are very nice. I like the color swirls on it, the design is very, very nice, and attracts my eye.

I was so surprised when I saw this dog, I really wasn't expecting such nice swirls on it. I really like how the graceful swirls get from a dark chocolate color to the light blue color towards the end. And I like the little heart on one of the stems, it is a very cute touch. I absolutly adore the design, it looks very flowery. I love, love, love this dog.

Okay, I don't think ANYBODY was expecting this oucome :lol: I love the tentacles, it is a very, very nice design overall. The yellow eyes add to the whole creepy aspect of this dog. The tentacle patterns on it's fur are very nicely drawn out. I love it. Very creative.

LOVE this dog- it has a see- through quality to it, and I absolutely love the twirly designs around it. I am officially calling this dog the 'Shadow Longtail'. The tail is very long and furry, and I just adore it. ^-^ The eyes on this dog are amazing as well, they are solid- looking, unlike the wispy attire of the rest of the dog. <3

This dog just leaves me shocked. The line edits are amazing on it, I am officially in love with Griffons. <3 Really, this dog just takes my breath away. So in love <3. I just couldn't believe it. So amazing. I am speachless even now. One word: Love. Just pure love. <3

I liked this dog, how it had three tails, but I was kinda hoping for a bit more. But then again, It's simpler appearance brings the other dogs more down- to -Earth. I like the little flame- like markings on it.

I like the little spotty designs on it's fur. The tail edits make it look so much puffier. The shoe- like markings on it's legs and tail are really nice. The moon and the star are nice touches, too.

Ugg, I cannot do anymore right now, I am really tired. But I want all the artists to know that I loved your work, and I WISH I was as good as you guys. So thank you so much for the Staff Litter this year, they were very amazing. <3 Thanks agian.

quitting.

http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2396445
squid!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby palmsprout » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:54 pm

Wow, I really do like Pluma's dog. The edits are wonderful, and I love that nose!

I think my only.. Opinions about this pet would be that it seems a bit too.. Busy, like some edits were added just because they could be added. I would have loved to see this pet without the butterfly, wings, and both eyes were teal, but I guess I couldnt change it, anyways. xD

Overall, I love the horns and nose. They are amazing edits. ^^ I want to see more deer pets like this, but maybe with basic realistic designs, and no extra frilly things. C;
[jay] [he/him] [i don’t take commissions]
palmsprout

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Susiron » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:57 pm

Oh, just realized now that they're all grown gonna spew about my favorites because why not. I'm horrendous at narrowing things down, so here goes lots of tying up:

My top favorites:

ImageImageImage Image

All tied as my top three favorites. The designs are very unified, not too clustered, and well done. The patterns on the first one are extremely beautiful and those colourful eyes really throw it over the top for me. The flower dog just defines beautiful simplicity; the edits are extremely well done, as was the choice of colours. Then the winter prince has gorgeous colours and garments (just look at those eyes!) For so many details, the unity in his design is topnotch. I'm a super sucker for deer, so the last one really made me happy. It's patterns, ears, and antlers are also very nice.

Second favorites:

Image Image Image Image Image

I can really appreciate the edits that went into the gryphon dog, especially being that it has the most accurate looking bird wings out of this month. For the moth, I didn't really like the face, but the body of its design is beyond beautiful. The chubby PPS reminds me of my deceased dog, Axel, so I've just been staring at that one all month long, enjoying it. Always a sucker for simplicity, I find Bernouli's very eye-catching, particularly the face and tail. The-- cephalodog I believe it's called?-- I have to tip my hat to. I don't think that I commented on it at all during the month, but it's VERY well made. It has some of the cleanest line edits, the best colours, and the only thing keeping it out of my top favorites is that I'm just personally not a fan of tentacles.

Beautiful work throughout this month to all of the artists.
Susiron

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DrinaLestrange » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:03 pm

Oh gosh Pluma. You've made it a three-way tie for my favorite staff dogs....
This dog...oh gosh.
1: Multi-tails, something I adore!
2: the bi-color eyes are wonderful. With so much involved in this dog, it makes them stick out more than if there had just been one color for them.
3: The little swirl under the blue eye <3 It's just lovely.
4: The wings are small, and don't take up too much space.
5: the balloon. I actually really like the balloon. it's unique, not a lot of CS pets have them attached.

It doesn't remind me of a deer, I have to say...It reminds me more of a jackalope, like this guy from the pixar short:

Maybe it's the horns...either way, I love it
Last edited by DrinaLestrange on Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm happy to announce that I am the mommy of a little girl named Chloe! Born June 2nd 2015!
Anastasia born April 23 2019!
Monroe born September 28 2023!
My birthday is Feb 9th!
DrinaLestrange

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ignite444 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:04 pm

OK, time for my review/opinion on each staff dog.

- A very simple design, but very fluffy looking. I definitely like the simplicity of this staff dog, it works well for it. I think it would have looked better without the blue spots on its front legs though, it kinda takes away the appeal for me a bit.

- Another simple design, but I personally am not a fan of the pattern on it. I do like the glasses on it though, they make it look rather cute.

- One of my favorites of the litter. I don't have any crits for this one at the moment. I am simply in love with its outfit and stick that it has, it works well with it.

- Yet another simple designed one, but not one of my favorites. I'm not a huge fan of the dotted pattern on it, but I love the moon on its forehead and the little star necklace it has.

- This was one I had to get used to, but I learned to love it. My only crit is the eyes, they take away from the appeal of the dog a bit for me. Other than that, the design is amazing.

- Another simple design, but this one just doesn't work for me because it is too simple for my tastes. I do like the three tails on it, but that is all that I honestly like about it.

- Another one of my favorites of the litter, I find it simply gorgeous. It's a tad simple, but it still looks amazing. I love the wisp going around it.

- Not one of my favorites, but I can find nothing wrong with its design. It is very pretty though.

- I like the winter theme for this one, it makes it very pretty. Not one of my favorites of the litter, but I still do like it.

- The design is just way too simple for my tastes. The circle on its face takes away the appeal of it for me as well. I do love the mismatched eye colors though. Had it not been for the circle on its face, I would have liked it more.

- My all time favorite of the litter, the whole dog is just simple beautiful! I love everything about this dog, no complaints about it (other than the fact that it is hard to dress up). I have a thing for very flashy designs, and this one definitely meets my approval.

- I'm 50/50 on this dog to be honest. I can't decide whether I like the design or not. I do like the spiked ears and the gorgeous eyes it has though, that's for sure.

- I'm not sure what to say about this one. I like it, but something seems... Off about it to me. I think it is the neck on it, it is just odd to me I think.

- Another one of my favorites, it is simple beautiful in both design and coloring. No complaints from me about this one.

- Love this one as well! Only complaint about it is the fact that it is hard to dress up (not that it really needs a dress up).

- This has a beauty all its own with its design. The only thing I dislike about it is the horn through its membrane. To me is sets it off balance a bit.

- This one has a beautiful design, it just isn't one of my favorites. I have no complaints about it though.

- Eh... I liked it at first, but then it started feeling off balance with me. I have no complaints about the design, but the wings make it unbalanced a bit. I think smaller wings would have been fine for this dog. I love the main body of it though.

- Not much I can say about a PPS, but this one is adorable. With its happy face and its pot-belly, it is simply cute. Just wish it had more of a design on it.

- I honestly didn't have much of an opinion on this one. Not one of my favorites, but I do like the design on it. If it weren't for the design extending around the dog, I wouldn't like it as much.

- This one took me a while to get used to, but I have learned to like it. Not one of my favorites, but it isn't that bad. I just wish its expression wasn't so sad.

- The only thing I don't like on this one is the wings. They take away the focus of the dog to be honest. The rest of the dog is great, I especially love the little hat it has. The spirit adds a nice balance to the overall dog.

- And now, for the final outcome. After studying it a bit, I do like it more. The only thing I dislike about it are the little ties on the antlers, the dog would have been perfectly fine without them. Though, I can see they add balance to the dog, but I still don't really like them.

Remember, these are my opinions.
All Steven Universe images made by moi.

ignite444

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dart » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:08 pm

ImageImage
These are my favorites. (: I like them because they aren't as dramatic looking
as some of the others, but lovely at the same time. c:
Dart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FreddyCenobite » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:10 pm

Uncreepified... it looks so cute now! Sorta..
Basic info:
Pet of the moment:

Disabled adult She/Her Dog mom Ex-retiree
Movie geek Horror fan Halloween lover
My hoards Trade thread Offsite thread
My FRHow close I am to a full CS set
RIP my little butthead ♥️
CS TikoMy Tiko

If I haven’t responded to offer(s), it means I’m thinking
Last half of my user: Sen-uh-bite (send without the “d”)
Prefer no random PMs unless it's about offers
FreddyCenobite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pluma » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:12 pm

Awwwwww I'm so pleased to see people liking the dog YvY~ Better go into some detail about the design etc. now that it's finally grown~

It was not meant to look like a specific animal, like a deer, jackalope, donkey or whatever. It was my plan at first to make a deer out of it, but I didn't felt my art skill was good enough to pull it off. Kinda like the Gryphon lines. I had big trouble making hooves too that looked good, so I only gave it some deer features, as the antlers for example.
Then I started going more for a "Forest Spirit" kinda theme. Therefore not making it look like a specific animal. It was fun to see all your guesses on what it was though :lol:
And about all the details on it, some sees an unnecessary for it... I can agree. I'm simply just a sucker for details, that's all, haha xD
Pluma

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me