Trade Rant Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Trade Rant Thread

Postby terris » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:32 am

I havent seen one of these, so thought i'd post one - basically, a place to rant about the trades people have offered you.

Few rules:

1: dont name names, we dont want anyone embarrassed here
2: if you happen to come here and see the offer you made, dont cry about it.

Thats about it...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

STOP SENDING ME TRADES ASKING FOR MY CANDIES! I need them as much as you need yours and they are NOT FOR TRADE
terris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Trade Rant Thread

Postby terris » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:35 am

Okay, I'll go first.
I get home from a gig, at which ive nearly broken my keyboard player's nose (dont ask, he just had a haircut and tackled me, i didnt realise it was him) - anyhow, i find a trade offer, thinking it may be something good I take a peek.

This person wanted about a dozen of my pets, including one august that was not in my trades list, my spare joker, and a bunch of RARE pets in my trade.

They wanted me to GIVE them away...not happy...needless to say I cancelled the trade...but seriously the nerve of some people.

YES i have a lot of pets in my trade section, but i am waiting to trade them for things i dont have, NOT to give them away to people who assume they can have them for nothing...

STOP SENDING ME TRADES ASKING FOR MY CANDIES! I need them as much as you need yours and they are NOT FOR TRADE
terris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Attic » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:36 am

I've always thought that there should be a "Worst Trade Ever?" thread.

Anyway, I trade one of my advent rats for the white clover rat, then I look through my pets the next day and realised I've already got one. >.<
Attic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby basti » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:25 am

I recieved a few trades from the same person today (after a severly stressful Math FCAT), the first trade:

Nothing for my Image

Then the Second Trade:

Nothing for my Spare Santa Rat

and then:

Nothing for my Image

And to top the cake, they didn't even follow my rules which CLEARLY state:
Hellllo! Sorry, Trades are currently closed! I will send the trade if I want to trade with you. If you are planning to send the trade, but are confronted with this, send me a PM.
basti

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:45 pm

Worst trade ever was when I traded away one of my mated Julys leaving me with one, so I did have one. One was fine at the time as I hadn't finished getting all the pairs yet.

Traded it for a set of the (then new) mid-month January newborns.

Was cool. New player has a July but none of the new pups, so I thought it was a fair trade and that I had made another player happy until I saw another trader with a very similar make the exact same offer the next day. (a set of the same 8 newborns for a July)

Put two and two together and you have a scammer that's getting Julys from other players and still getting a set of newborns for themselves. Oh man did I panic. Thankfully I did get the pet back. Needless to say, I'm never trading it again.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby terris » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:47 pm

Hey, no way are you gonna talk to me like that. I'm-a gettin' this one dog and give you a dog that may be out of your collection! I'm also gettin' four more dogs form the past trade! I'm thinkin' you'll be pleased with it... I hope you find the butterfly wolf cute... But I'm takin' two, cuz I sent two! Edit it! But don't cancel it yet!

i got the above note from the person i refused the trade on before, this time they had the decency to offer me a holly wolf (i am not sure i have it or not) and a butterfly wolf for one my my august wolves, and then my spare black advent wolf....i didnt consider it a fair trade, and even if i had, after the way they DEMANDED everything...i wouldnt have accepted if it was a sun wolf with shinies.

terris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gemini_girl » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:22 pm

I kept getting trades for pets outside of my trade group when I clearly stated I only trade pets in that group and they are not free, the only free ones are in my adoption group.....now all groups but those two have the trades disabled. :roll: I still hate getting trade offers for my trade group for nothing in return.
gemini_girl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jemma-Jo » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:08 am

I just got my first begging trade.

My advent butterfly wolf for free. No way. I just traded for that myself!

I don't even have a trade thread so why in the name of heck did she come to me?
“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it." (Terry Pratchett)

Jemma-Jo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby haylin » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:17 am

my worst trade ever get.Oh yeh this one:

galaxy normal,toxic green,some septembers,octobers,joker,and some other pets for:

A lot 2nd-gens,butterflywolfes,cats and horses,and some novemers.

Her/him send my a message That it was an fair trade.

I send some times offers for pets I miss.But with the masages that they can look in my trade group and that I will trade a lot.So that's not begging is it?
[right]
haylin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mausoleum » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:21 am

OH, where do I start?

A few weeks ago someone wanted to trade a January and an October for my 18th day galactic. I declined, pointing out that it didn't have the same rarity as other advents because it was a July.

She replied that in her mind, it was an advent and she'd treat it as such (and I suppose she thought her opinion counted above all others.)

I told her that it's generally accepted to be the same rarity as a July Galactic.

She told me I was rude and arrogant.

Not the best way to get on my good side, hmmmmm?
Kii Project + Lox Recolours + House of Snarkiness + Lackless Deviantart + Art competition = My Stuff.
If you'll excuse me, I'm going to lock myself in the pantry and drown my sorrows in bottled water and granola bars.
"I am an artist, not a printer" Remember that and heck yes, I said it first :U

Mausoleum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me