Trade Rant Thread v. 27 *new rules*

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Trade Rant Thread v. 27 *new rules*

Postby Hekomi » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:13 am

This thread is constantly used to break the rules.
We do not tolerate any kind of bullying or slander on our site so why do you think it would be okay to do it in this topic? We do not care if you post names or not, if you post mean things about another member here you are harassing them and we will not hesitate to give you a warning for it.

If this keeps going on, we will lock this thread because we are not willing to keep a topic for you just to bully others.

*This thread will now only be remade by a member of staff. The rule breaking in this topic has gotten out of hand, so maybe you guys will take them more seriously if the topic is more closely watched from now on.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please note that all spam will be reported as soon as it is seen.
This is for ranting, not for seeking trades. Don't ask for missed outcomes or offer pets to other people on this topic. Please PM them or send a trade offer instead.

other threads:
"Is this a fair trade?" Thread
The Good Trade Thread
Trading Forum
Auction Rant Thread

Tess wrote:Here's something to think about: Admins can see every trade message you've ever sent or received.

Lying about nasty trade messages to get attention on the trade rant thread is not a wise move.

When you 'refuse to report the bully' then we end up wasting a lot of valuable time searching through all your recent trade messages looking for a bully to warn. If the bully doesn't exist, congratulations, you've just wasted a bunch of staff time and we're not going to be happy with you.

Trade Rant Thread Rules

1. If someone sent you a bad trade it is NEVER acceptable to give out their username.
    We don't want anyone embarrassed on our thread. Naming the person you're ranting about is considered bullying or harassment. Additionally, if someone posts a trade here, do not PM them asking for the username of the person who sent the trade, as asking for usernames will earn you a board warning for bullying.

2. If you happen to come here and see an offer you made being ranted about, don't make a scene or reply.
    They have the right to rant and so do you, but we don't need an unnecessary fight breaking out. If they didn't like your trade offer, no big deal, trade with someone different next time. If they're lying about you, report it to staff.

3. No bad-talking "n00bs."

4. No name-calling and insults. If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

5. Please, don't post "Bookmarking", "marking", "saving", etc.
    This topic is really popular and it will always stay close to the front page. If you want to bookmark it, there is a button at the bottom of the page that will store all the threads you want easy access to.

6. No spamming.
    This means no chit-chat, no asking for stupid trades, and no SLANDER. Don't judge someone because of their grammar issues or their inability to read trade messages. There is always a chance that the person on the other side of the trade might not have your language as their first language, or they could even be dyslexic. Also, posts such as "-gives cookie-" is counted as spam. Unless you have a trade following after, do not post it. Please note that whenever you do not have a rant, it is considered spamming and it will be reported.

7. Do not bad mouth COPPA'd users.
    Do NOT come here to whine about how annoying it is that COPPA'd users cannot send trade messages, fail at rarities, are sending multiple trades/edits, or just being downright annoying.
    A COPPA'd user is a member under 13 years of age. They can't post in the forum, and they can't send PMs or trade messages. They can't set up trade rules. These users cannot defend themselves nor explain their trade offers and intentions. They can't ask for trade advice or ask what things are worth. Try and be understanding. c:

8. Do not complain about getting no trades.
    This is spam. If you want trades, visit the trades board.

9. DO NOT complain about receiving offers on pets that are 'not for trade'.
    If some of your pets are 'never for trade', lock the group they're in so people can't offer on them. Your group trade settings are found at the bottom of the pet group's page.

10. DO NOT post here to rant about others user's groups being open to trades even though the pets are not for trade.
    (This is in conjunction with rule 9)
    It's not your decision what other members choose to do with their group settings. It's gotten to the point where it's complained about so much, many users are just tired of seeing it. Not to mention it can, and has caused several page long arguments here.

11. This is NOT a place to badmouth and rant about hoarders.
    People are allowed to hoard whatever they want. You don't have a right to badmouth someone because of how they choose to run their pet collection.

12. Do NOT rant about how long it takes for someone to accept your trade!
    If you simply can't wait any longer for a response, cancel the trade and find someone else to trade with.

13. It is never acceptable to have death notes/threats in trade rules, group names, etc. It's also against the rules to have a public trading 'blacklist'.
    If you see something like this PLEASE report it to staff immediately.

14. Do not rant about being foe'd.
    If you were foe'd, then you should stop communicating with that player. If your rant doesn't have a bad trade attached to it then it doesn't belong here.

15. Do not talk about not being able to find/afford/etc. a pet.
    That is not a trade and is general frustration. It doesn't belong here.

16. Do not rant based on the year a member joined like "they joined in 09". They may have that join date, but that doesn't meant they know their rarities. They may have joined at that date, but never came back until now.

17. Including the phrase "I think I'll quit", "I might as well quit", or anything of the like has nothing to do with the trade and is spam.
    If you are thinking about quitting, then quit. If not, then it seems you are looking for attention or fishing for gifts. There is no need to state that you will quit the game just because a few trades are not going the way you like.

18. Do not rant about other threads.
    It's not ok to rant about other threads here. This is a trade rant, not a place to whine about a thread you don't like. Its not a threads fault if you have different beliefs about it or if you feel that you got bad trades from it. If you got bad advice from the FTT thread, that belongs in the "Things that annoy you" thread.

19. Do not re-rant!
    If you've already ranted about it, there's no reason to rant about it again, that's just spam. If you've already complained about x, don't complain about it again a few pages later.

Tess wrote:Just a reminder that being rude or abusive to other players is against the rules!

If you cancel a bad trade with a nasty message, you could get in trouble. So don't do it. If someone sends you a nasty message, you can report it, don't retaliate.

If someone tells you that your cancel message was a bit rude, don't get angry at THEM, just revise the way you cancel trades, and don't be such a bully in future.

If you sincerely can't think of a single nice word to say when canceling a trade, then cancel it without a message. There's no point getting yourself in trouble over someone else's bad trade offer.

Use some common sense, and don't throw a tantrum when other people advise you to tone it down. With their advice, you potentially avoid a board warning. Throwing their advice in their face, you encourage me to give you a board warning.

Think before you post, and think before you abuse someone for sending you a bad trade. I don't care if someone asked for 100 of your very best pets for free, if you turn around and abuse them I will still warn you for nastiness.

Difference between scamming and ninja-trading
Scamming is against the rules. It would be scamming if I sent someone a trade for their blue balloon, telling them their dog was only an uncommon, or that a trade was fair when it was obviously not. This behavior is reportable. Keep in mind not everyone knows their rarities though, but you can tell a scam easily from another trade.

Ninja-trading is sending a newbie a trade for a high rarity pet and either offering a bunch of WL, or asking "what would you like for it" and then they add, and both of you are happy with the trade. You get a good deal, but are both happy with it, and there is no lying involved. This is not against the rules, though it is frowned upon.
This thread tells you the difference between scamming an an unfair trade, make sure you check it out if you are still confused.

*Do not PM me for CS help. Send a ticket instead.*

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 53 people.
I have received 53 gifts.
Hekomi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Trade Rant Thread v. 27 *new rules*

Postby felix. » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:15 am

The demand of sunjewels...

http://www.chickensmoothie.com/trades/v ... UUKMA-zGKg

Cries

Edit: First post Wooo! ^^
Last edited by felix. on Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
quitting
see my thread here for rare pets and special groups.
felix.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby honee bee » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:15 am

ImageImage
call me bee.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

she/they | mostly inactive on here

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
deviantart | toyhou.se
honee bee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kazoo » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:16 am

I keep getting one sided suggestions for my items, first off I don't know item rarities seconf off, my rules say no one sided suggestions

☽═════════════════════════════════════☾

aislinn female its complicated supernatural

i am a canadian girl who is interested in film
and tv production. love the show supernatural.

☽═════════════════════════════════════☾

Kazoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Windi_1 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:16 am

Unfair trade sent to me. My stomach flipped when I saw it.

http://www.chickensmoothie.com/trades/v ... pAS49n-JJQ
Windi_1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RedAutumnLeaf » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:16 am

Ah...new thread!

Don't you hate it when someone's trade rules has something like...

1. Codeword is watermelon
4. Don't put watermelon, put orange
7. Dog is the Codeword
10. If you've read this fair, there is no Codeword.

...what? Also, how can you know if someone read through all those codewords if you told them not to put any? Confused Autumn is confused...
ImageImageImageImage
RedAutumnLeaf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 'Possum » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:18 am

Lycinthia wrote:The demand of sunjewels...

http://www.chickensmoothie.com/trades/v ... UUKMA-zGKg

Cries

Yeah, they can be very frustrating to try and trade off.

You've gotta just trade them down since when you've got the most valuable and rarest dog on the site, what are you gonna trade it for? But the hard part is finding someone with enough lower stuff to trade it down fairly.

Or be lucky enough to find someone willing to swap it for a UR Tiger which is nearly impossible. D:
'Possum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby plutonian » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:18 am

Some people just have to be trolls or don't bother to read my trade rules, people keep thinking I'm a mind reader! No suggestions without a message! : \
╔═━»━═╗
=
╚═━«━═╝
╔═══───══───═══╗
==
==
=====ImageImage⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
╚═══───══───═══╝
plutonian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HorseFan21♞ » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:18 am

RedAutumnLeaf wrote:
Ah...new thread!

Don't you hate it when someone's trade rules has something like...

1. Codeword is watermelon
4. Don't put watermelon, put orange
7. Dog is the Codeword
10. If you've read this fair, there is no Codeword.

...what? Also, how can you know if someone read through all those codewords if you told them not to put any? Confused Autumn is confused...

So basically people who arnt accustomed to reading rules will have it easy...

'cause people who remember to read the rules have to have the stamina for the very last one. :mrgreen:
Hoers wrote:Dang all the homework and activities are driving me CRAZY! >____>
HorseFan21♞

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me