September 2013 Discussion Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: September 2013 Discussion Thread

Postby vero. » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:50 am

Ahh, she is so beautiful! Whoever created the design, did a very good job.
𝔴𝔒'𝔯𝔒 𝔠𝔬𝔫𝔧𝔬𝔦𝔫𝔒𝔑. 𝔦'π”ͺ 𝔠𝔲𝔯𝔦𝔬𝔲𝔰 𝔴π”₯𝔒𝔱π”₯𝔒𝔯 𝔒𝔦𝔱π”₯𝔒𝔯 𝔬𝔣 𝔲𝔰 π” π”žπ”« 𝔰𝔲𝔯𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔒 π”°π”’π”­π”žπ”―π”žπ”±π”¦π”¬π”«.
vero.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sorren Fey » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:31 am

I saw only one person guessing my dog right when it was a pup but now that it has grown some more seem to agree with them. xD

It's pretty obvious but my dog is indeed inspired by Asian culture, mostly geisha; although it's not accurate.

Some members mentioned that they are bothered by the size of the dog and I must admit that I'm, too. I don't like pets that are overly huge, floating or just have unnecessary space around them. I have been struggling with an idea for my staff pet that I was equally happy and annoyed when I finally came up with this. But I guess you have to get over your own peeves sometimes. I don't think the concept of a painted-but-somehow-alive tree would have been as good if it was squeezed into a smaller canvas.

The tree is supposed to be an ink painting that comes alive. It's left for you to interpret if the tree grew with the dog or if her talents just ripened with her age and she was able to redraw a more impressive tree. ;)
Sorren Fey
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheUmbraSide » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:33 am

Sorren Fey wrote:I saw only one person guessing my dog right when it was a pup but now that it has grown some more seem to agree with them. xD

It's pretty obvious but my dog is indeed inspired by Asian culture, mostly geisha; although it's not accurate.

Some members mentioned that they are bothered by the size of the dog and I must admit that I'm, too. I don't like pets that are overly huge, floating or just have unnecessary space around them. I have been struggling with an idea for my staff pet that I was equally happy and annoyed when I finally came up with this. But I guess you have to get over your own peeves sometimes. I don't think the concept of a painted-but-somehow-alive tree would have been as good if it was squeezed into a smaller canvas.

The tree is supposed to be an ink painting that comes alive. It's left for you to interpret if the tree grew with the dog or if her talents just ripened with her age and she was able to redraw a more impressive tree. ;)

Oooh that's very deep :3

Please PM me if you would like to commission art :3 Thank you!

TheUmbraSide

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby obscure. » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:47 am

omg omg omg a dragon dog ;u; β™₯

He is just perfect! I might even hoard these but I don't know, I'm
    not a big hoarder and he is probably very difficult to trade for. :c
    Decisions, decisions. xD

Anyway, I absolutely love this dog/dragon, he's amazing! Easily
    one of my favourite pets on the entire site c: His design is just
    amazing, I especially love the pose, he looks so majestic. ;u;

The only thing that bothers me a little is that it looks like he only
    has one wing, but that's nothing major- it's easy to picture that
    it is behind the visible wing. c: He's absolutely gorgeous and
    CalicoTabby should be really proud! I just knew he would
    turn out to be fantastic. c:

Oh wow, she's absolutely beautiful! β™₯ One of my favourite staff dogs
    so far c: Sorren, you did an amazing job with her, she's gorgeous ;u;

I really love her eyes, but the only reason I covered them up was that
    with the contacts, it looks like she is wearing makeup ;u; I love how
    the tree comes from her tail- or does the dog come from the tree? I
    don't know. xD Either way, I really love her- she must have been really
    difficult and complex to design. c:

obscure.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ethulai » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:50 am

Sorren Fey wrote:I saw only one person guessing my dog right when it was a pup but now that it has grown some more seem to agree with them. xD

I just love your dog Sorren. Both the pup and adult stages are amazing. Your beauty is definitely my second Staff Hoard this year, after TheCalicoTabby's dragons. I like how your dog fits two per row quite nicely. How 'long' she is doesn't bother me at all and you are right, the effect wouldn't be the same if it was squeezed into a smaller space.

Stunning dog Sorren, you are an amazing artist, thank you for such a gorgeous Staff dog!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
β”Œβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚

πŸ’€ // πŸ’€ // πŸ’€ // πŸ’€
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Everyday is Halloween
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
"Hell is empty and all the devils are here."
- Shakespeare, The Tempest
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β””β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”˜
Ethulai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ☠>military brat. » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:08 am

Ethulai wrote:

I just love your dog Sorren. Both the pup and adult stages are amazing. Your beauty is definitely my second Staff Hoard this year, after TheCalicoTabby's dragons. I like how your dog fits two per row quite nicely. How 'long' she is doesn't bother me at all and you are right, the effect wouldn't be the same if it was squeezed into a smaller space.

Stunning dog Sorren, you are an amazing artist, thank you for such a gorgeous Staff dog!

XD personally I think the bigger the better with staff dogs :lol: it makes her that much more unique and unlike any other pet on CS, which I understand would be hard to do since there are so many pets on this site and more every month!
β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†
β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†β–†
featured pet wrote:Image

☠>military brat.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blacknuz » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:04 am

Well, this sucks. The two chickens I like the most, and maybe most of all we have gotten, are PPS:es. ._.
Blacknuz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chuhulil » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:07 am

Love this little chick! It's such an adorable PPS and it's got a fantastic color scheme. It's absolutely adorable.
chuhulil

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gigglebug » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:07 am

Gigglebug wrote:Is there a 21 day Image ?

Could anyone please answer this?

Last edited by Gigglebug on Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Pet's Spotlight wrote:Image

Missed/Wanted: Anything on my WL, also always looking for C$Image

Gigglebug stuck two wafer rolls in her mouth and pretended to be a walrus. It is unclear how this could help the current situation.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Gigglebug

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lufi » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:14 am