Dec. 18th 2013 Discussion **INFO ABOUT EQUI FOALS**

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Dec. 18th 2013 Discussion **INFO ABOUT EQUI FOALS**

Postby Hekomi » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:10 am

RE-RELEASE 2013 [December 18th] DISCUSSION

For those of you who are new to the site, on the 18th you get two adopt two pets; those two pets can be of any species from any year, and there is also the chance of adopting a never before released pet (known as un-released, or UR pets). The point of the 18th is to introduce more of the older pets into the CS economy and give people a better chance of obtaining them, and it is understandably a very exciting event. The pets will be released at rollover which is 00:00 GMT (midnight) on the 18th.

"Which pet is this?" topic [Dec 18th edition] - go here to ask which pets you got if you don't recognize them

Oh and one more thing...?

NO TRADE TALK.
Do not post asking for trades, offering trades, or discussing trades. The trade area is for that. Thanks.

NO SPAM.
This includes double posting, saying something completely unrelated, etc. These will be reported and/or deleted. If you want to spam use the xat chat.

CHECK YOUR TRADES BEFORE ACCEPTING AND USE YOUR RESOURCES.
Unfortunately the re-release often means that members will send out "ninja" trades to try to get pets for a cheap price from newbies. Be aware, and do not hesitate to seek help. There are various places to find out if a trade someone sent you is fair, or what your pet is.
The "Is This a Fair Trade" Thread
How Much Is my Pet Worth?
What Pet is This? or you can check The Archives
"The" Rares List
"Is This a Fair Trade?" Guide
Guide to Chicken Smoothie Scams
You can also PM myself and many other users to ask for trading help.

NO SCAMMING/NINJA TRADING TALK.
While it does happen, please do not drag it in here. Naming names is not fair for anyone, and just causes drama. If a user sends you an obviously unfair trade and states in their message that "THIS IS FAIR" please report them for scamming.

LOCK YOUR PETS IMMEDIATELY.
This gives you the opportunity to find out what the pet could be, and what its worth.

I will remake the thread if and when it reaches 900 pages. Anything less is not necessary.

Questions and Answers

What is the Dec. 18th/Re-release thing?
    On December 18th you will have the opportunity to adopt two pets that are very special. They are usually older pets, perhaps VR '08s or '09s. You also have a chance to adopt a UR, or un-released pet, and this is when new URs pop up. For more information on this please click here.

What is scamming/ninja trading?
    Unfortunately, what should be an exciting day for all members is often marred by the high levels of unfair trading that occurs as member scrabbling to get a hold of high value pets for as cheap a price as possible. The members more frequently targeted are COPPA users, new users and users who have few posts on the board, although anybody can be targeted if somebody thinks that they might be able to get a good deal.

A word frequently associated with the 18th re-release is “Ninja-trading”. Ninja trading involves a member sending a trade for a rare pet and offering wishlist pets or asking the other member to choose what they want for the pet. The other member may be happy with the trade, but they are usually unaware of the true value of their original rare pet. Ninja-trading is not against the rules, but it is morally questionable. It is different to scamming, where a member lies about the rarity of a pet or outright claiming a trade to be fair when it isn't.

What's adopting off account?
    When you log out of your account, you can also adopt from the box, and have a chance at getting pets as well. These don't factor into the on site rarities and you cannot get them moved onto your account. You can display them in your signature or a thread, but they remain "accountless", so they cannot be dressed up. You cannot auction or trade them either.

The site is being so slow!!!
    It usually is for the first little while, since MANY people are online and looking to trade. Just be patient and it should slowly become faster.

Which pets are the new URs? What is a UR?
    These are the new URs:ImageImageImage

A UR is an unreleased pet; it is only available on the 18th of December for adoption. It is usually quite rare and worth a lot!

I think I got the rainbow mane! How do I tell?
    This year, the entire rainbow mane litter (RBM) is in the re-release! It's not a guarantee that the horse you adopted will be the RBM, but it will be rare no matter what. :)

Someone is saying this cocoon is the UR bwolf... how do I know?
    The cocoon which belongs to the UR bwolf will have UR stamped on it. This is to ensure no one gets scammed thinking they are trading for a UR bwolf cocoon when it is not!

I think someone is trying to scam me... what do I do?!
    Take a look at the trade; scamming and ninja-trading are very different. If the user is simply offering an unfair trade and asking "trade?" or "swap?" then they may either not know their rarities (more often than not this is the case) or trying to "ninja" your pet. If they say "trade, your pet is only going to be uncommon" and you have a toxic pup that is a scam. If someone is lying about what your pet is or its worth DO NOT trade with them. Send a help ticket to the staff, linking them to the 'share trade' URL and the staff will handle it.

I think I have the PPS Cocoon!
    Make sure that it for sure says PPS; otherwise it's just another growing cocoon. If it's the VR PPS it will be clearly labelled. :)

*NEW*MY FOAL LOOKS DIFFERENT?!?!?!? D:
    The images are being updated, so your equimagine foal may be moved to knew lines as it grows. It's nothing to worry about, it's still the same pet. :)

Thank you millions Vampiric for letting me use your spifftactular layout, and Fiery Gatoh for the information on the re-release as well as ninja-trading.
*Do not PM me for CS help. Send a ticket instead.*

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 53 people.
I have received 53 gifts.
Hekomi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Advent Discussion Thread 2013

Postby benjiesoup » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:11 am

I can't wait for Tomorrow as I first joined in early 2011 and by the time I quit I had some pretty good pets but I gave them away. So last year I decided to join again but I joined on the 18th so I couldn't adopt them as it was highly likely that my account was fake but the curse has been lifted and I'm soo excited!
benjiesoup

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Dec. 18th 2013 Discussion **NEW INFO AT BOTTOM**

Postby Nyx-Nychta » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:12 am

are you able to get ur pets from previous years?
Nyx-Nychta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yoyce » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:13 am

This year, the entire rainbow mane litter (RBM) is in the re-release! It's not a guarantee that the horse you adopted will be the RBM, but it will be rare no matter what. :)

The cocoon which belongs to the UR bwolf will have UR stamped on it. This is to ensure no one gets scammed thinking they are trading for a UR bwolf cocoon when it is not!

Spoilers! 8-)

I'm happy to see how everyone are working together against ninja trading this year. We'll see how it will help!
Last edited by Yoyce on Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
After years of commitment to the site I was treated like a dirt, falsely accused and judged by almost everyone with no chance to explain. I do not see the point to stay here anymore, so it's a farewell!

Your life is important. Have a good one.

Contact the Raccoon Master:
>> FlightRising << >> deviantArt <<
Yoyce

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SunlightAura » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:13 am

Nyx-Nychta wrote:are you able to get ur pets from previous years?

Yes, you are C:
✢ ✢ ✢

✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧
✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧
- sᴜɴʟɪɢʜᴛᴡᴏʟꜰ -

ᴏᴠᴇʀᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ - ᴘɪsᴄᴇs - ʟᴇsʙɪᴀɴ

ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ᴄᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇ sᴜɴɴʏ!
ɪ ᴀᴍ ᴀ ꜰᴇᴍᴀʟᴇ ᴀʀᴛɪsᴛ ᴡʜᴏ
ʟᴏᴠᴇs ᴠɪᴅᴇᴏs.

ᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ : ۞
SunlightAura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LovelyRita » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:14 am

ok so when the pets the re-releases come out if I go right on the 18th I am guaranteed a special release or no or what like im sorta confused?

Hello! <3
Always looking for trades!
I also have fr for any offsite

LovelyRita

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tazzazi » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:15 am

Yoyce wrote:

Spoilers! 8-)

I'm happy to see how everyone are working together against ninja trading this year. We'll see how it will help!

I very much agree on this point :3 Stamp them out
tazzazi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Butterfly~kitten » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:15 am

I think i will have fun adopting logged out it will be sorta fun
I am probabley going to get uncommons on my account...
This is my first year so i hope for the best
Last edited by Butterfly~kitten on Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hi there, im Butterfly~kitten. I love drawing, though i'm not very good at it. I own an adoption center called snow katt tundra. I am an artist at thimble kitties, kettu kitties, and bitty kitties. I am one of the owners at bell kitties and starfish. I am also a moderator at kettu kitties. <3
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Butterfly~kitten

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hekomi » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:15 am

Bulldog405 wrote:ok so when the pets the re-releases come out if I go right on the 18th I am guaranteed a special release or no or what like im sorta confused?

No, you're not guaranteed a special release, but you are going to get an older pet. :)
*Do not PM me for CS help. Send a ticket instead.*

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 53 people.
I have received 53 gifts.
Hekomi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SunlightAura » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:15 am

Bulldog405 wrote:ok so when the pets the re-releases come out if I go right on the 18th I am guaranteed a special release or no or what like im sorta confused?

You are not guaranteed a special release (Main List, September List, Advent List, UR Pets)
However, you have a good chance at least getting one or two Rares from precious years :3
✢ ✢ ✢

✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧
✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧
- sᴜɴʟɪɢʜᴛᴡᴏʟꜰ -

ᴏᴠᴇʀᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ - ᴘɪsᴄᴇs - ʟᴇsʙɪᴀɴ

ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ᴄᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇ sᴜɴɴʏ!
ɪ ᴀᴍ ᴀ ꜰᴇᴍᴀʟᴇ ᴀʀᴛɪsᴛ ᴡʜᴏ
ʟᴏᴠᴇs ᴠɪᴅᴇᴏs.

ᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ : ۞
SunlightAura

My pets
My items