The CS Guide to 2nd and 3rd Gen Pets [updated 10-02-2019]

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

The CS Guide to 2nd and 3rd Gen Pets [updated 10-02-2019]

Postby DaDwarf » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:47 pm

Hello and welcome to the Beginner's Guide to Second and Third generation pets!

Second Generation pets or "2nd Gen" as they are almost always called, are the babies of certain adoptables on the site. They will usually have certain characteristic's from both of their parents and their colorings will greatly resemble that of their parents.

Third Generation pets or "3rd Gen's" are the offspring from a 2nd Gen pairing. Traits from the parents, and the grandparents are sometimes passed down to the puppies. 3rd Gens are located in the 2nd post of this thread :)

How do I identify a "2nd Gen" pet?
That's a very good question, and one we get a lot. To easily see what pet is a "2nd Gen" and which one is not, take a look at these two pets below.
You can easily see "2nd Gen" written in red under "www.chickensmoothie.com" on the first pet :).

A 3rd Gen pet will have "3rd Gen" on the pets tail in Blue :)
To see all 3rd Gens please click here

When you first adopt a 2nd Gen pet, they will have different colored blankets, but the same colored blanket, will grow up into the same adult, thought sometimes this isn't always the case. So make sure to pay double attention to the 2nd and 3rd Gens as they grow :)

How do I get these "2nd/3rd Gen" Pets?
Every now and again, the artists or guest artists on the site will decide that they want certain pets to have some babies :). They will then color the CS line-art and release them on the first of some months in this section of the Adoptables Page. New 2nd/3rd Gen's are placed beside a picture of the parents like the image below. Those two pets are the Parents of a specific litter :).

ImageImage

Find all the previous years in the wiki!

Click here for the following years!
2nd Gen Intro!
2008 2nd Gens
2009 2nd Gens
2010 2nd Gens
2011 2nd Gens
2012 2nd Gens
2013 2nd Gens
2014 2nd Gens
2015 2nd Gens
2016 2nd Gens
2017 2nd Gens
2018 2nd Gens

3rd Gen Intro!
All 3rd Gens

This guide was started by Chry in 2010
DaDwarf has been helping out since 2012 but officially took over the guide in 2014.
Last edited by DaDwarf on Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:40 am, edited 54 times in total.
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

2nd gen pets

Postby DaDwarf » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:36 pm

f3f1eb

January

ImageImageImageImage

February

ImageImageImageImageImage

Valentine's Day

ImageImageImageImage

March

April

Easter

May

Can I breed my own 2nd-Gens?
No. You can't. And you wont ever be able too. 2nd-Gens are created by the Chicken Smoothie Artists when they decide to release a new litter. But if you have an idea for a 2nd-Gen pairing, why don't you post your idea here :)

I really like a certain litter, but I can't adopt it. Why not?
Almost all of the 2nd-Gen pets have been taken down and probably wont ever be released again, outside of the Advent Calendar. You can still trade with other players who have spares in the trade section of the forums :)

If you have anymore questions about 2nd-Gen pets, Feel free to pm me!, and you should check out these other really informative guides here

Please ignore the names on the links, they are there for me to keep organization. They are not official names.
All charts were made by Chry, please do not use or edit.
If you find errors, please PM me.
Last edited by DaDwarf on Tue May 12, 2020 5:30 am, edited 26 times in total.
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

3rd gens

Postby DaDwarf » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:22 pm

How do I identify a "3rd Gen" pet?
To easily see what pet is a "3rd Gen" and which one is not, take a look at these two pets below.
You can easily see "3rd Gen" written in blue under "www.chickensmoothie.com" on the first pet :).

When you first adopt a 3rd Gen pet, they will have different coloured blankets, but the same coloured blanket, will grow up into the same adult, though sometimes this isn't always the case. So make sure to pay double attention to the 2nd and 3rd Gens as they grow :)

Valentines 2014
Parents:
ImageImage
Made by Sorren Fey

Parents:
ImageImage
Made by Sorren Fey

June 2015
Parents:
ImageImage

September 2016
Parents:
ImageImage
February 2010 - September 2014
Babies:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

August 2017
Parents:

Babies:

March 2018
Parents:

Babies:
ImageImageImageImage

June 2018

Parents:
ImageImage
January 2014 --- January 2017
Babies:

February 2019
Parents:
ImageImage
August 2008 --- January 2009
Babies:

March 2019
May 2019
october 2019
Last edited by DaDwarf on Sun May 17, 2020 2:58 am, edited 11 times in total.
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The NEW CS Guide to 2nd Gen Pets - Re-Vamped.

Postby DaDwarf » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:45 pm

Satamoru wrote:
Chry wrote:
Satamoru wrote:This guide is very pretty! ^___^ Nicely organized. Just a question..x: Will you be putting in the names of the litters/individual offspring, or leave that for the actual 'Dog Name' guide? I understand it's not really needed to put the names, since we do have a dog guide for it, but I know I for one would find it really helpful to have the names for the 2nd Gens actually listed on the Guide to 2nd Gens.... =3 Of course, I understand completely if you don't thing it necessary. I just thought it would give the guide a more..'complete' sort of feel, I guess...Anyways, it looks really nice =3!

I was going to yes :) . . . I'm going through guides and things and writing them down and then I will place the information on the images ^^ . . . hopefully I can get the names for the rat and b/wolf litters :)

Ah, goodie~! Yeah, when I was making groups for my 2nd Gen Butterfly Wolves and Rats, I noticed there wasn't any actual litter names for them...x: I call the Butterfly 2nd Gens the 'Swirl Bee's', and the first Rat 2nd Gens 'Striped Hearts' and the 2nd 'Spotted Pirates'....xD;; Those are just names I made up since I couldn't find any official names for them anywhere ^___^;;
Last edited by DaDwarf on Wed May 20, 2015 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rainbow Sherbet » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:53 pm

This is a great guide :D I'm sure it'll be very helpfull ^^. I thought I'd also note that the 2nd Gen suggestion topic nolonger exists *clicked on the link above*. Edit: The link to the Newbie Helpers is also not leading to anything.
Last edited by Rainbow Sherbet on Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I had the name Sherbet, please don't use it!
Rainbow Sherbet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chry » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:58 pm

Satamoru wrote:
Chry wrote:
Satamoru wrote:This guide is very pretty! ^___^ Nicely organized. Just a question..x: Will you be putting in the names of the litters/individual offspring, or leave that for the actual 'Dog Name' guide? I understand it's not really needed to put the names, since we do have a dog guide for it, but I know I for one would find it really helpful to have the names for the 2nd Gens actually listed on the Guide to 2nd Gens.... =3 Of course, I understand completely if you don't thing it necessary. I just thought it would give the guide a more..'complete' sort of feel, I guess...Anyways, it looks really nice =3!

I was going to yes :) . . . I'm going through guides and things and writing them down and then I will place the information on the images ^^ . . . hopefully I can get the names for the rat and b/wolf litters :)

Ah, goodie~! Yeah, when I was making groups for my 2nd Gen Butterfly Wolves and Rats, I noticed there wasn't any actual litter names for them...x: I call the Butterfly 2nd Gens the 'Swirl Bee's', and the first Rat 2nd Gens 'Striped Hearts' and the 2nd 'Spotted Pirates'....xD;; Those are just names I made up since I couldn't find any official names for them anywhere ^___^;;

Those are good names :) . . . I'll see what I can find. Hopefully the information is around xD

Sherbet wrote:This is a great guide :D I'm sure it'll be very helpfull ^^. I thought I'd also note that the 2nd Gen suggestion topic nolonger exists *clicked on the link above*.

Fixed ^^
Chry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nick » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:18 pm

The new guide looks great :)
Nick
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby qwertyuiop123 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:51 pm

ZOMG i looove this guide (: it really helps me see how each pup gets his/her markings from the parents as they are right under the other :P and this is really clear, I'm sure anybody would easily catch on with what's going on (:

༺༺༺༺༺༺༺༺༺༺ find me by the sea ༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻
ImageImage
My WishlistWant to chat? PM me! :)Send a trade? :3

༺༺༺༺༺༺༺༺༺ or swimming in the ocean ༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻
qwertyuiop123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chry » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:40 pm

Nick wrote:The new guide looks great :)

Awww shucks :P

qwertyuiop123 wrote:ZOMG i looove this guide (: it really helps me see how each pup gets his/her markings from the parents as they are right under the other :P and this is really clear, I'm sure anybody would easily catch on with what's going on (:

Thank you :) . . . I wanted to make it so that the green of the archive images wasn't obscuring anything. And i think its nicer, more organized this way :)
Chry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby legoless » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:11 pm

This guide is great. A lot more organised than some. :clap:
ImageImageImage Discord
CapriCoon wrote:AHH MY WORDS SUDDENLY POOFED INTO LEGO'S SIG.

legoless wrote:What sort of loser sig quotes himself?
legoless

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me