The Beginners Guide to Store Pets!

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

The Beginners Guide to Store Pets!

Postby huskynerd » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:39 am

Welcome to the Beginner's Guide to CS Store Pets! :) Inspired by the many other excellent guides we have, I figured a guide for our awesome store pets was in order. This guide will cover all adoptable pets that were available to be purchased with Chicken Dollars (C$). Knowing the history of our CS Store pets is an important factor in understanding how much they're worth. Let's begin, shall we?

-- 2009 Store Pets --

October 2009
In our celebrations of Chicken Smoothie's 2nd Halloween, we saw the first ever adoptable pet to grace the C$ Store! On the first day of the Halloween '09 Candy Hunt, we found this little guy in the Store:
Released on October 22nd, this Skeleton Bunny was designed by Vampiric and cost 35C$.

Soon more pets began to join the Skelebunny in the store!
Released on October 27th, the Halloween/Orange Cerberus - inspired by the 3-headed dog of Greek and Roman mythology - was created by Malk and cost 44 C$.
Fun fact: The Cerberus was the most expensive single store pet to date. Tess mentioned later that she originally hadn't thought of how much it'd work out to in real money!

ImageImage
Added to the store on October 27th, the Drink Me and Eat Me dogs were designed by Hoshiko (now known as Selcouth) in the theme of Alice in Wonderland. They cost 25 C$ each and were not available in a set, so they had to be bought seperately. The Drink Me was most popular, so more of those ended up being adopted.

This was the last of the Halloween releases. The Cerberus and Skeleton Bunny remained in the store until November 17th. The Drink Me and Eat Me dogs were left in the store until February 1st, 2010, which is why you see so many more of them around.

December 2009
On the 21st of December, we saw our very first growing litter in the store! Designed by Mausoleum, this litter is referred to as the Lion-tailed or Puff-tailed Store Dogs. They were available for 20 C$ each, and as a special offer you could buy all three in a set for 50 C$.
ImageImageImage
Individually referred to as the Green & Black Lion-tail, the Jewelry Lion-tail, and the Nonjewelry Lion-tail.

Their listing in the Store gave you a preview of the three different adult outcomes, but the newborns all appeared the same when you adopted them.
If you adopted in a set, you could only tell them apart once they reached their 2nd stage:
ImageImageImage
Fun Fact: The jewelry and claws appear on every puppy, but disappear from all but one when they fully mature. This was an intentional design choice by Mausoleum. :)

This set was available until February 1st, 2010. This information was placed in the news feed, along with an exciting announcement regarding future Store Pet releases:
We're going to be releasing new store pets every 2 months, which will only be available for 2 months each. Normally, we will be releasing them on the 15th of the month, but this time we'll be releasing the set a little early - the new set will be available on February 1st.
All us CS folk simultaneously jump for joy and bemoan our dwindling pocketbooks.

Miscellaneous Fun Facts for 2009:
1. When the C$ Store first opened in August, people glimpsed a mysterious dog that had never been released before. D: It was taken down quickly, but that December a few sharp-eyed users recognized the UR Dog as the newborn version of the dog that had been accidentally posted in the shop months before! This is why in the days following December 18th, people were seen referring to the UR Dog as the "Mystery Shop Dog". X3

2. Previous C$ store pets were also among the many pets re-released on December 18th, 2009.
Last edited by huskynerd on Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:58 am, edited 15 times in total.
huskynerd

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

--2010 Store Pets--

February 2010
On February 1st the previous pets were taken down and replaced with a new set. Similar to the Lion-tail set, this litter has 3 outcomes:
ImageImageImage
Called the Seal PPS pups or simply the Store PPS, this litter was designed by Mausoleum and cost 20 C$ each. Like their predecessors, you could save money by purchasing them in a set for 50 C$. The newborns looked like this:
Fact: So far we've been able to see the adult versions for every store pet. This is likely so users don't spend real money on pets they don't end up liking.

Because it was originally planned to release new store pets on the 15th of every other month, these pups were available until April 15th - two & a half months total.

April 2010
On April 2nd, the staff decided to be nice to us and release the next set of pets early. :)
Image Image
The 2010 Sleipnir and the 2010 (or Red) Cerberus were created by Malk in the same lineart as her Halloween pets. Unlike the past couple of store releases, these two weren't available in a set and came full-grown upon adoption. Each one cost 20 C$.

Fun fact: Both the Cerberus and the Sleipnir are mythological creatures that are associated with death and the underworld in some way. Though the Sleipnir of Norse mythology is eight-legged, Malk made her version with only six.

These two pets were available for two months from the day they came out. At this point I believe the CS staff gave up on the original plan to release pets on the 15th. From now on new store pets were released on the 1st of every other month.

June 2010
On June 1st, a set of peculiar new dogs designed by Vampiric appeared in the store!
ImageImage
ImageImage
The Blue, Red, and Yellow Androids could be bought seperately for 20 C$ each. The winged Green one, however, was only available if you purchased the whole set for 60 C$.

All of the Androids were full-grown upon adoption. Robot dogs don't grow, after all. :3

August 2010
On August 1st, the Androids disappeared and were replaced by a new spunky set of dogs.
Image Image
Image Image
The Punk Store dogs were designed by Sorren Fey. They could be purchased seperately for 20 C$ each or as a set for 60 C$. The newborns looked like this:
When they started growing, users were surprised to find that all of their coat colors remained white in the 2nd stage:
Image Image
Image Image
Luckily, each puppy could be identified by their eye color and ear/tail type.

These were available until October 1st, 2010.

October 2010
The next pets to grace the store were these two unique beauties, designed by Selcouth (formerly Hoshiko).
Image Image
The Halloween-inspired Raven Wolf and Patchwork Pup were full-grown upon adoption, and cost 25 C$ each. Unlike recent months, these two could only be purchased seperately. They were available through the end of November.

Fun fact: Due to the oddly frequent rarity updates during November, the Patchwork pup was Very Rare for only a brief period of time before downgrading to Rare. The Raven Wolf was Rare right away, likely from being adopted more due to it's popularity.

December 2010
During the excitement of the first day of the Advent Calendar, 2 new pets were released!
Image Image
Designed by Vampiric, the Marionette Dog and Clockwork Bunny were 25 C$ each and full-grown upon adoption. These pets were available until February 1st.

Note: Pets that were released via the shop but didn't cost C$ (like Nick's birthday eggs and the Mother's Day piggies) won't be on this list. Aside from their location, they're for all intents and purposes the same as any other Special adoptable - i.e. totally different release style than pets that cost C$.
Last edited by huskynerd on Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:47 am, edited 15 times in total.
huskynerd

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

-- 2011 Store Pets --

February 2011
On February 1st, the first ever Store horses by new equine artist Yulynh appeared!
ImageImage
ImageImage
The Clydesdale and three Arabian Store Horses were full grown upon adoption, and could be purchased seperately for 20 C$ each or all four in a set for 60 C$.

Fun fact: The Clydesdale is modeled after the traditional Budweiser horses, which have appeared in the beer company's commercials for decades.

April 2011
On the 1st of April, amid the April Fools chaos, three new curious creatures appeared in the Store.
ImageImageImage
The Basilisk Dogs could be bought seperately for 20 C$ each or as a set for 50 C$. These unique pets were made by Leurai and appear full-grown upon adoption.

June 2011
On June 1st, the Store was graced by these winged beauties.
ImageImage
ImageImage
The gorgeous Gryphon Dogs were available for 20 C$ each or as a set for 60 C$. These were the first store dogs we've gotten from bouquet blu, and as has been the trend, were fully grown upon adoption.

August 2011
On August 1st, the previous store pets were replaced by some curious aquatic equines.
ImageImage
ImageImage
The Hippocampus or Seahorse store pets were done by Tyr, and cost 20 C$ each or 60 C$ for a set.

October 2011
The 1st of October brought us 3 new lovely store pets.
ImageImageImage
These Kirin done by Ricorn cost 20 C$ each or could be purchased as a set for 50 C$.

December 2011
On December 1st, dogs were replaced by another set of beautiful horses from Yulynh.
ImageImage
ImageImage
The Carousel Horses cost 20 C$ each or 60 C$ for a set. They were available for the last month of 2011 through the first month of 2012.
Last edited by huskynerd on Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:42 am, edited 7 times in total.
huskynerd

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The Beginners Guide to Store Pets! - no posting yet plz

Postby huskynerd » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:40 am

-- 2012 Store Pets --

Since these releases have been regular for a while now, you can assume that all pets are full grown upon adoption. Prices are 20 C$ per individual purchased pet. Under Special Offers, you can always find the entire set available for a discount: Sets of three pets are 50 C$ total (you save 10), and sets of four are 60 C$ total (you save 20). New pets come out at the start of every other month, and remain for the duration of those 2 months until they are replaced by the next set.

February 2012
ImageImage
ImageImage
The first pets of 2012 seem to have come to us from another planet. o:These adorable Alien Dogs were done by Tyr.

April 2012
ImageImage
ImageImage
Called Fluffy Dogs for obvious reasons, these pups were made by Leurai.

June 2012
ImageImage
ImageImage
Revisiting a theme we saw in dog version in 2011, the Kirin Horses were made by Tyr.

August 2012
ImageImage
ImageImage
Called Fairy Goats, these beautiful dogs were done by Selcouth.

October 2012
ImageImageImage
In keeping with the spooky October spirit, three Jackalopes by Ricorn were released.

Fun fact: The name Jackalope comes from combining the words jackrabbit and antelope. There is quite a bit of strange myth surrounding these creatures, who are said to be quite dangerous if approached!
Last edited by huskynerd on Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
huskynerd

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The Beginners Guide to Store Pets! [WIP] Now open to pos

Postby huskynerd » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:33 am

Kay, feel free to post now. :) Any info you want to contribute is much appreciated.

I'm working on 2010 now, if anything I'm unsure of comes up I'll put it in red at the top of the first post. I already realized that the Eat Me/Drink Me dogs cost 25 C$ each, not 20. >_<
If anyone's doublechecking prices, you can go to your balance and all the transactions should be there. I didn't buy every set, but I think I have all the info...
huskynerd

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby blondbananamix » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:53 am

This is a great topic, Good job :)
blondbananamix

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DisabledLlama » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:31 am

Tess' Cerberus was adopted on the 27. Most of the first posts displaying a Cerberus have them adopted on the 27th, as well.
Same with the Alice dogs (they were released at the same time as the Cerberus from what I can remember).

Hope that helps. :)

Image Image
DisabledLlama

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Minimanta » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:04 am

Very neat guide =3

I yes, cerberus, drink me dog and eat me dog was all released on the 27. ^^
If you can dream it, you can do it ~~ Walter Elias Disney
ImageImageImage
For every one minute you don't smile, you lose 60 seconds of happiness
Minimanta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dozy » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:35 am

The Punk store dogs were released in August ;3
    Which means new pets come in October ^-^
Hi, I'm Elle!
{she/her - adult - ifsp}

I pop on a few times a year. Please be patient with me.

Always looking for trades that include PPS dogs - I collect them

Trading Thread || Offsite Trades

♥️
dozy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby huskynerd » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:41 am

Thanks guys! I'll put the date of the Eat Me/Drink Me release as the 27th. I was probably so excited about the Cerberus I didn't notice. XD

Elizabeth Rose wrote:
    The Punk store dogs were released in August ;3
    Which means new pets come in October ^-^

Oh yah you're right lol. Counting fail. *fixes*
Last edited by huskynerd on Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
huskynerd

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me