Ask the Staff!

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Ask the Staff!

Postby sun » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:23 am

Oppie; wrote:to anyone,

what’s your all time favorite store pet(s)?

The Succulent Queen wrote:Witch of you staffs are into makeup and if so what are your favorite brands/ dream makeup items? <3

i don't wear makeup all that often, but when i do it's usually from essence
xxx
x
sun/sol - enby he/they - minsexual - mentally disabled

x
sun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Seasonal » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:49 am

kara. wrote:
To anyone:
Is your interface (like the menu at the top of every page) modified with an added menu where the staff do.. their magic? If there is,
do you think you could post a screenshot of it?

Yes, staff have additional features. There is no reason to post screenshots, as the only people who need to see this feature are staff members.

CelticKitty wrote:This question is for the artist of the pps "deers"/"dragons" from the Halloween event, which are they intended to be, dragons or deers? I need to know so I can put them in the right group. Thank you for your time!:)

Not the artist, but they were created on the newborn deer lines so they are considered deer.

The Succulent Queen wrote:Witch of you staffs are into makeup and if so what are your favorite brands/ dream makeup items? <3

The only foundation pale enough for my face is Kat Von D, so I use that. uwu It's really hard for me to find nice makeup looks because everyone is relatively tan compared to me, and nothing ever matches my skin tone. I really want some higher-end eyeshadow palettes ;u;

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
about - characters - trades
need to contact CS staff?
submit a help ticket here!
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝
Seasonal
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CelticKitty » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:51 am

Thank you Seasonal! I appreciate the help!:)
xxImage
ImageImage
xxxxxxxxxxxxTrade | PM | WL | FR | Image
©
CelticKitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KireinaBunny » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:26 pm

Celozon wrote:
Yahtzee_RTD wrote:Just a quick question, is there a Thanksgiving event and when does it start?

We sometimes have a free pet or multiple free pets released for thanksgiving, but there is no event surrounding it. We've only done it 3 years; 2010, 2014, and 2015. It's not something we always get pets for, and it's just a small celebration when we do. The next event will be the advent calender during December, we get a new gift every day during the event, it starts on December 1st.

Thank you!
KireinaBunny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby firestar123456789 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:05 am

to Tess

will we ever see the cs buttons and stickers return? I never got to buy any last time they came out and ive been waiting awhile now, just curious :)
Image Image
firestar123456789

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby vixenmatch » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:57 pm

to: anyone

was this pet
inspired by primarina?
Image────────— ˗ˋ ୨୧ ˊ˗ —──────── Image
they/he
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
i:gosilverraven
─────────────────

vixenmatch

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cubiecommala » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:47 pm

To: anyone involved in Dec 18 decisions

Is the current rarity of the pets a factor in deciding how many of them can be released on Dec 18? Like, "there are (say) 120 sunjewels on active accounts, and (say) 150 would push them from OMGSR to VR, so we won't release more than 20 this year"?

Does anyone control which/how many pets are adoptable from the Dec 18th box? Or is it totally randomised?

thank you!
And will I tell you that these three lived happily ever after? I will not, for no one ever does. But there was happiness.
And they did live.
cubiecommala

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby steve rogers. » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:26 am

to anyone: do you know who dodie clark is? do you like her music
text text text text text text text text text text
steve rogers.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tess » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:24 am

cubiecommala wrote:To: anyone involved in Dec 18 decisions

Is the current rarity of the pets a factor in deciding how many of them can be released on Dec 18? Like, "there are (say) 120 sunjewels on active accounts, and (say) 150 would push them from OMGSR to VR, so we won't release more than 20 this year"?

Does anyone control which/how many pets are adoptable from the Dec 18th box? Or is it totally randomised?

thank you!

Interesting question, I don't think many people consider that :) it is almost completely random, but with a few exceptions

Instead of there being a hard limit (e.g. 20 sun jewels limit) it'll be a probability (so you might have a smaller chance of getting a sunjewel but you never lose the chance even if people have already adopted a bunch of them). We estimate how many people are likely to adopt and predict which pets will probably change in rarity as a result. We don't want pets to drop down in rarity too much. And for some extra rare pets we want more to be released so they're not impossible to collect. But about 95-99% of the pets in there have an equal probability of being adopted, we only have to tweak a few.

Usually the most probable outcomes are the brand new UR pets, since they would be SUPER rare if we didn't give out a bunch in their first year. It might not feel like it since URs are so rare, but when you adopt from the box you actually have about 4 - 8 times the chance of getting a new UR compared to any other outcome. That's why you sometimes see lucky people getting more than one UR at once

firestar123456789 wrote:to Tess

will we ever see the cs buttons and stickers return? I never got to buy any last time they came out and ive been waiting awhile now, just curious :)

probably yes, but not this year :( I don't know when they'll return, but we'll post in the news next time they're in stock
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dragonstars » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:27 am

To tess
Will there be any new species?
Like say snakes,Sharks,Whales,
I would really like to see snakes as a pet XD
But will there be any new species coming to chicken smoothie?
Please click these! Thank you! ^w ^

dragonstars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me