Trade Rant Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Trade Rant Thread

Postby Chry » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:37 am

Yep. . . Rant and Rave people ^^

Few rules:

1: Don't name names, we dont want anyone embarrassed here. Again DO NOT NAME NAMES!
2: If you happen to come here and see the offer you made, don't cry about it.
3: No bad talking "n00bs", as you are just as likely to be named one as the next person.
4: If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all. No more of this senseless name calling.
5: Please guys, don't post "Bookmarking" or "marking" or "saving" etc. This topic is really popular and it will always stay close to the front page. If you want to bookmark it, there is a button at the bottom of the page that will store all the threads you want easy access too...
6: No spamming. So no chit-chat, no asking for stupid trades and no SLANDER. That means you don't judge someone because of their grammar issues or their inability to read trade messages. There is always a chance that the person on the other side of the trade might not have your language as their first language or they could even be Dyslexic.
7: New - Do not bad mouth COPPA'd users - As this is getting out of hand, do NOT come here to whine about how annoying it is that COPPA'd Users cannot send trade messages, fail at rarities, or are sending multiple trades/edits, or just being downright annoying. You were once a newb yourself, you should remember this. The Trade Rant Thread is not a place to badmouth the COPPA'd users.
A COPPA'd user is a member under 13 years of age. They cannot send messages on the the forums or on the main site i.e. Trade messages. Yes, there are a large number of them who do not understand rarities, but then, neither did you when you started ;)
8: New - I see this everyday here, and its starting to become a bit of an issue. If you are continuously getting trades for your prized pet, and its annoying and you hate it, have you considered changing the trade settings on said group? If your problems can be fixed by this, I suggest doing so and not complaining over and over about it.

Tess wrote:Just a reminder that being rude or abusive to other players is against the rules.

If you cancel a bad trade with a nasty message, you could get in trouble. So don't do it. If someone sends you a nasty message, you can report it, don't retaliate.

If someone tells you that your cancel message was a bit rude, don't get angry at THEM, just revise the way you cancel trades, and don't be such a bully in future.

If you sincerely can't think of a single nice word to say when cancelling a trade, then cancel it without a message. There's no point getting yourself in trouble over someone else's bad trade offer.

Use some common sense, and don't throw a tantrum when other people advise you to tone it down. With their advice, you potentially avoid a board warning. Throwing their advice in their face, you encourage me to give you a board warning.

Think before you post, and think before you abuse someone for sending you a bad trade. I don't care if someone asked for 100 of your very best pets for free, if you turn around and abuse them I will still warn you for nastyness.
Last edited by Chry on Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Chry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Trade Rant Thread - Starting Anew :)

Postby Kites » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:39 am

Oh shiny!

Don't you hate it when you throw a trade back and forth, and the other user keeps on adding this pet that you don't want in the trade? Yeah, it went back and forth six times -.-
•Trying to find a username that fits me•

Back from spending the year travelling. ^^

Locations: South Africa, Swaziland, Mozambique, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Back to Thailand, Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, HOME

~I used to be Sherlock~
Kites

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sino » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:40 am

They cannot send and receive messages on the the forums or on the main site i.e. Trade messages. Yes, there are a large number of them who do not understand rarities, but then, neither did you when you started ;)

YES I DID.

Because I read the Trade Rant Thread. *gleam of brilliance*

--
Sino

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Orbitsy » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:41 am

Yey new thread ^-^~
I hate it when someone sends you a trade when they're online,
Then you edit and they go offline
And don't come back for months
...Dx
SUBETA
sign up to Subeta, another virtual pets website, please by clicking the above link!! <3
Orbitsy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Corporal Levi » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:41 am

Oooh, new thread! <3

Urg. Yes, it may be your dreampet, but my 08 rare isn't worth your 2010 uncommon D:
Corporal Levi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .:Haru:. » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:42 am

5th post. :D
@ LessThanThree oh yes that's really annoying o_x

I got offered a Target Dog and a hoard pet for my Blue Sorbet today. D:

ImageImage
.:Haru:.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby van » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:42 am

PEOPLE. SENDING. A. TRADE. WITHOUT. A. MESSAGE! ugh. i said in my rules i wanted a message! >> i especially hate it when they send a TRADE not a suggestion asking for one pet with no message. yeah, i will NOT accidentally accept, and it just gets on my nerves, really badly. ><
van

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chry » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:42 am

Sino wrote:
They cannot send and receive messages on the the forums or on the main site i.e. Trade messages. Yes, there are a large number of them who do not understand rarities, but then, neither did you when you started ;)

YES I DID.

Because I read the Trade Rant Thread. *gleam of brilliance*

rofl. . . i believe i was just pwn'd . . . so mean xD

And yes, the back and forth trading is incredibly irritating. I've had quite a few recently actually. People are obsessed with my rares, and im only seeking like 3 rares/VR's at the moment, so im not going to trade an 08 for a Mausaic PPS lol.
Chry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JamBlack » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:45 am

o.e asdfghjk
JamBlack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Orbitsy » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:46 am

Ven wrote:PEOPLE. SENDING. A. TRADE. WITHOUT. A. MESSAGE! ugh. i said in my rules i wanted a message! >> i especially hate it when they send a TRADE not a suggestion asking for one pet with no message. yeah, i will NOT accidentally accept, and it just gets on my nerves, really badly. ><

I find it kinda hilarious when people try to fake coppa just so they don't have to read rules. Luckily I don't have any rules really, so I don't get that sorta thing :3 but It's just the funniest thing ever when it happens to others xP
SUBETA
sign up to Subeta, another virtual pets website, please by clicking the above link!! <3
Orbitsy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me