{Guide} Creating the Perfect Trade Rules

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: {Guide} Creating the Perfect Trade Rules

Postby Takora Drakan » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:42 am

Felicette wrote:I disagree. So what, if I want to say plz? How does that make me immature? :(
And it is kind of hypocrite, if you say use correct capitalization, and then don't^^

Because it makes you appear immature and childish. When you don't bother to spell out please, why should the other person bother to consider your trade if the trade is that unimportant to you to spell out words or even write a normal sentence? It is just insulting to the other person.
Pet Spotlight:
Pet's name: Xylona
Trades - Looking for all kinds of Dragons!
Takora Drakan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:44 am

Felicette wrote:If I want my rules made on a picture, what exactly is wrong with that?
If the site goes down, your image will be lost and no one can view your rules!

You answered your own question.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Megannator » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:08 am

nickjr wrote:switching the topic a bit, I thought that proper capitalization and punctuation were part of English mechanics, not English grammar? O.o;

I'm a math/science girl.. so I may be wrong with the English mechanics/grammar. I'll look into that XD

Felicette wrote:I disagree. So what, if I want to say plz? How does that make me immature? :(
And it is kind of hypocrite, if you say use correct capitalization, and then don't^^

I disagree with this too.
You could just say not to make the rules too bright. If I want my rules made on a picture, what exactly is wrong with that?

Where did I not use correct capitalization? I may have capitalized extra words to add slight emphasis.

Also, you can have a picture.. just be aware that if it's too bright/glittery/annoying-to-the-eyes that no one will want to read it. Also, like mentioned, if the photo is lost on the website, your rules will be gone.

Please remember these are just strong suggestions. You don't have to follow them, but following these rules will encourage other players to read your rules ;)
Links wrote:Wishlist
Trade Thread
Hoards
FlightRising

Currently Seeking wrote:Image
"The Stars in the Sky"
Goal: 11/20

⯏⯍⯎⯌⯎⯍⯏
┌──────────┐
ηεvεr givε uρ oη your
Đrεαϻs

└──────────┘
⯏⯍⯎⯌⯎⯍⯏
Megannator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PeachFuzz » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:10 pm

Can someone look over my trade rules and tell me if they look ok?
Image Image Image
PeachFuzz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby odin » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:16 pm

Takora Drakan wrote:

Because it makes you appear immature and childish. When you don't bother to spell out please, why should the other person bother to consider your trade if the trade is that unimportant to you to spell out words or even write a normal sentence? It is just insulting to the other person.

That's why I just don't put messages. People are too strict with way they want you to say, blah, blah. I don't mess with it. I send what I think are fair trades, and if the other person doesn't like that I don't put a message, oh well for them.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

odin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CalicoWolf » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:15 pm

Cookie Jar wrote:Can someone look over my trade rules and tell me if they look ok?

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1021004&hilit=
May Odin give you knowledge on your path,
May Thor grant you strength and courage on your way,
and may Loki give you laughter as you go.
Discord name: RainbowWolf#4227
Three things cannot be long hidden:
the sun, the moon, and the truth Gautama Buddha.

Annual LOLO Player - Everyone Gets Something.

Treats - Wishlist and Tricks - Non-wishlist
Avi was made by Compumon.
ImageImage
CalicoWolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bibz » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:03 am

odin wrote:That's why I just don't put messages. People are too strict with way they want you to say, blah, blah. I don't mess with it. I send what I think are fair trades, and if the other person doesn't like that I don't put a message, oh well for them.

If somebody sends trade with no message for me it means: "that's my offer, I think it's fair" so I accept or cancel it without message. This should be clear and obvious, but often they send PMs with question "Why?". And that's an absurd, why should I cancel with explanations, when you didn't write a word and sent trade ready to accept.
That's why I like when people send messages. I'm not talking about "please?" or "trade?", but one-two sentences about what you're looking for or share your doubts. Usually I'm too busy to guess or ask, short message makes everything easier. And I always write a message in my reply.
However it's not in my rules and this shouldn't be a rule. What good is asking people to write something, when they don't see any need to. Just an unofficial convention which depends on individual users.
bibz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *JACKAL* » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:46 am

Do you know? I think Code words should be banned. Just what I think.

And for people to put "THERE IS NO CODE WORD" And then put one, and on top of that say "no code word, no trade", that's just beyond annoying.

█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌

▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█

Image..Image..Image..Image..Image..Image..Image..Image
*JACKAL*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cats omgg » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:36 am

Are my trading rules too long? o-o
cats omgg

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AgentWashingtub » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:29 am

tip: if you have a lot of pictures (although this guide only recommends one, it happens) or links or even if you just have a few but are running out of characters, use bit.ly or another url shortener! Links and image addresses are ridiculously long, and using bit.ly links for just 4 of the addresses in my rules opened up a whole 200-300 characters for me to work with. (I have... issues with keeping things brief...)
I LOVE AGENT WASHINGTON

(my name's réka [pronounced ray-kuh]. im very adhd. pls feel free to yell abt physics, space, and/or red vs blue with me at any time)

ADHD Army

AgentWashingtub

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me