▐ Staff Dog Resource Guide▐

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: ▐ Staff Dog Resource Guide▐

Postby Magpi3.14 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:25 am

Just in case you didn't want to dig through the staff pets thread for this month:

Wyvurn wrote:
Lounah wrote:I don't know if it's been asked yet, but who designed the newborn pup this year?

I designed this year’s newborn! =]
Magpi3.14

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Magen » Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:55 am

Magpi3.14 wrote:Just in case you didn't want to dig through the staff pets thread for this month:

Wyvurn wrote:
Lounah wrote:I don't know if it's been asked yet, but who designed the newborn pup this year?

I designed this year’s newborn! =]

Thank you!! That'll be helpful, one less thing to dig for for sure. ;)
It's always fun to see who makes the newborn each year.
I appreciate it! ❤
╔════════════════════╗

╚════════════════════╝
╔════════════════════╗

╚════════════════════╝
⇐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⇒

ImageImage

⇐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⇒
Magen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Staff Dog Resource Guide: 2022

Postby Magen » Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:51 pm

⇐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⇒

███ ███ ███ ███ ███

September Release
2022 Staff Litter Discussion Thread

27 Staff Members Participated:
Aaron✦ -●- Anover -●- AquilaFuga -●- Berricuda -●- Burrito Bunny -●- Celozon
Dama -●- Desmond -●- Dia. -●- Doglike -●- Emberwolf -●- Kazin
Koikee -●- Lacuna -●- Metallic Dragon -●- Nadine -●- Pi. -●- Raire -●- Saikiyo
Seasonal -●- Shy -●- Sixbane -●- Solloby -●- Vampiric -●- xem
Yağmur -●- Zeena

Berricuda designed the newborn this year.

Litters are in the same order as displayed in the Archives.

Artist:
Vampiric
ImageImage
Unnamed

"sry to disappoint, no name or story but i just wanted them to be happy-go-lucky personality hence the cheeky blep. Have fun making your own stories. Also I imagine he has webbed paws :]" (source)

Artist:
Yağmur
ImageImage
" Mariana "

"Her name is Mariana, after the Mariana Trench." (source)

● Yağmur answers some questions about their dog:

xxQ: "If your dog had an aura, what color would it be?"
    xxYağmur: "blue" (source)

xxQ: "Which season does your dog resonate with most?"
    xxYağmur: "probably summer" (source)

xxQ: "Would your dog prefer rainy or sunny weather?"
    xxYağmur: "sunny" (source)

xxQ: "Does your dog believe in ghosts/other supernatural beings?"
    xxYağmur: "yes" (source)

xxQ: "If your dog had the choice to explore a different planet, which would it choose?"
    xxYağmur: "neptune" (source)

xxQ: "What zodiac sign would you assign to your dog?"
    xxYağmur: "aquarius" (source)

xxQ: "Which genre of books/movies does your dog prefer?"
    xxYağmur: "fantasy" (source)

Artist:
Raire
ImageImage
" Ani "

"Ani says hello to all of you!

I had so many problems this year with both my physical and mental health, which also resulted in me heavily procrastinating this staff pup. And then I came up with designs which were oh so similar to Solloby and then Saikiyo, that I was almost at the point of not doing anything at all. :')

His fluttering self is (while not as obvious as Aaron's Stim) a nod towards my ADHD.
    The blue parts represent slate grey nevi.

Aaron and I will talk about our hints later as this post is just about Ani, but... did you find the hidden bunny? =)
    And do you know why 'Ani'? =P
    (No, it's not a Star Wars reference!)"
    (source)

"I think somebody got Anis name here, it comes from the infraorder 'Anisoptera' :>" (source)

● Raire answers some questions about their dog:

xxQ: "What season or festivity do they like the most? What's their favourite colour?"
    xxRaire: "My dog really enjoys the summer, with all of its bright days and colours!" (source)

xxQ: "How did you come up with the idea for your staff dog?"
    xxRaire: "Dreams" (source)

xxQ: "What's your pups favourite type of bird"
    xxRaire: "Wrens!" (source)

xxQ: "What is your dog's favorite TV show?"
    xxRaire: "David Attenborough" (source)

xxQ: "What is your dog's favorite color?"
    xxRaire: "Bright colours" (source)

xxQ: "If your dog could vacation anywhere, where would they choose to go?"
    xxRaire: "The Netherlands" (source)

xxQ: "What Disney/Pixar sidekick would your dog be best friends (or enemies) with?"
    xxRaire: "Oh, definitely little Flower!" (source)

xxRaire: "Red aura" (source)

xxRaire: "Sunny all the way" (source)

xxRaire: "Oh... definitely!" (source)

xxQ: "If your dog had the choice to explore a different planet, which would it choose?"
    xxRaire: "Tough choice, but my dog would love to visit Maridun!" (source)

xxRaire: "Aquarius" (source)

xxQ: "Does your pup have wings, or the ability to fly, or wish to fly?"
    xxRaire: "My pup wishes it could fly." (source)

xxQ: "Does your pup have symbolic meanings?"
    xxRaire: "YES!!" (source)

xxQ: "Does your pup have an interesting backstory? have they been through events that drastically changed their lives?"
    xxIs there lore behind them?"
    xxRaire: "Nothing interesting here this year." (source)

xxQ: "Do they have a theme song? Or just a song that really matches them? Or anything like that?"
    xxRaire: "No" (source)

xxQ: "What is their favorite shape?"
    xxRaire: "You could say a circle, but my dog really loves anything tear shaped." (source)

xxQ: "Do they have a favorite hobby? What is it?"
    xxRaire: "Gardening" (source)

xxQ: "Are any of your staff dogs friends with other staff dogs from the litter?"
    xxRaire: "My dog is obviously best friends with Aaron's, but also has more friends!
    xxThe pups of Anover, Burrito Bunny, Koikee, Lacuna, Solloby, xem and Yağmur." (source)

xxQ: "What school subject would your dog excel in most?"
    xxRaire: "Biology" (source)

xxQ: "What myth, fable, or fairytale resonates most with your dog?"
    xxRaire: "The Cat and Venus" (source)

xxQ: "Would your dog this year clash personality-wise with any of your previous year's staff dogs?"
    xxRaire: "Not at all" (source)

xxQ: "Which random door would your dog choose to open: a radiant golden door, a door that glows red,
    xxa decayed blue door, or a green door overrun by nature?"
    xxRaire: "Green door overrun by nature" (source)

xxQ: "Is your dog a glass-half-full or glass-half-empty kind of dog?"
    xxRaire: "Half empty - at the moment" (source)

xxQ: "How many tries did it take you to get the design down for your dog?"
    xxRaire: (*gif* Click link to see) (source)

Artist:
Aaron✦
ImageImage
" Stim "

"This is Stim :) I originally designed him for Autism Acceptance Month, but this worked out better! He's a representation of my own journey with being a repressed autistic kid diagnosed with allsorts that ended up being wrong. Now I'm a happy autistic adult with a loving accepting family around me. My beautiful autistic girlfriend doesn't just put up with my stims, but loves me for them - and I her!

I hope that our other neurodivergent stimmers can enjoy him, either from the perspective of being in a safe and happy situation, or taking solace in that there are people out there who will love you for exactly who you are. A friend showed me that a couple of people in discord recognised what Stim was up to immediately - this one's for you!! Flappy hands are happy hands <3

The pixel star is indeed the cs tag edit that I returned to this year - I left it out for a while for some reason, but it felt right to plop it in again. In my dream I painted a beautiful landscape of hydrangeas, but they did end up looking quite like alliums lol!"
    (source)

● Aaron✦ answers some questions about their dog:

xxQ: "What season or festivity do they like the most?"
    xxAaron✦: "My dog really enjoys the summer, with all of its bright days and colours!" (source)

xxAaron✦: "Dreams" (source)

xxQ: "What's your pups favourite type of bird"
    xxAaron✦: "Wrens!" (source)

xxAaron✦: David Attenborough" (source)

xxQ: "What is your dog's favorite color?"
    xxAaron✦: "Bright colours" (source)

xxAaron✦: "The Netherlands" (source)

xxQ: "What Disney/Pixar sidekick would your dog be best friends (or enemies) with?"
    xxAaron✦: "Oh, definitely little Flower!" (source)

xxQ: "if your dog had an aura, what color would it be?"
    xxAaron✦: "Red aura" (source)

xxAaron✦: "Summer" (source)

xxAaron✦: "Sunny all the way!" (source)

xxAaron✦: "Oh... definitely!" (source)

xxAaron✦: "Tough choice, but my dog would love to visit Maridun!" (source)

xxAaron✦: "Aquarius" (source)

xxAaron✦: "My pup wishes it could fly." (source)

xxQ: "Does your pup have an interesting backstory? have they been through events that drastically changed their lives?"
    xxAaron✦: "Nothing interesting here this year." (source)

xxAaron✦: "YES!!" (source)

xxQ: "Do they have a theme song? Or just a song that really matches them? Or anything like that?"
    xxAaron✦: "No" (source)

xxQ: "What is their favorite shape?"
    xxAaron✦: "You could say a circle, but my dog really loves anything tear shaped." (source)

xxQ: "Do they have a favorite hobby? What is it?"
    xxAaron✦: "Gardening" (source)

xxQ: " Are any of your staff dogs friends with other staff dogs from the litter?"
    xxAaron✦: "My dog is obviously best friends with Raire's, but also has more friends!
    xxThe pups of Emberwolf, Burrito Bunny, Koikee, Lacuna, Solloby, xem and Zeena." (source)

xxAaron✦: "Biology" (source)

xxQ: "What myth, fable, or fairytale resonates most with your dog?"
    xxAaron✦: "The Cat and Venus" (source)

xxQ: "Would your dog this year clash personality-wise with any of your previous year's staff dogs?"
    xxAaron✦: "Not at all" (source)

xxQ: "Which random door would your dog choose to open: a radiant golden door, a door that glows red,
    xxAaron✦: "Green door overrun by nature" (source)

xxAaron✦: "Half empty - at the moment" (source)

Artist:
Sixbane
ImageImage
" Neander "

"Yep! This guy is Neander, "Change", "A new man", or as someone had mentioned- also a crater on the moon

The color palette reminded me of a favorite short story of mine, "Color out of space",( in the eldritch horror genre); about a strange comet/ color coming from space and warping everything around where it landed (specifically, the palette made me think of the poster for the recent movie adaptation, though I've always found the story itself fascinating) So I used that as a rough inspiration for the meteor-changing-the-design

Though I took liberties of course, that Neander was near a meteor when it fell to earth, and instead of the bad outcome of the actual story
    it's given Neander a few cool new changes that gave him something he truly loved- the ability to fly; fulfilling his greatest dream that came from the stars;

He likes to say that he wished on a star for a set of wings and he "Didn't expect the star to land on him, but if it works- it works"

An interpretation that change isn't always scary, perhaps because ive been dealing with a lot of changes and it's a way of coping with them myself

Since
    my last staff pet, was also sci-fi inspired, I've been thinking of them as brothers
    (either in a literal or adopted family sense, Im not really sure, but a brotherly relationship between them)"
    (source)

● Sixbane answers some questions about their dog:

xxSixbane: "It's loosely inspired by a short story I enjoy and some scifi tropes I find fascinating!" (source)

xxQ: "Does your staff dog have a name?"
    xxSixbane: "Neander" (source)

xxQ: "Does your pup have an interesting backstory?"
    xxSixbane: "Their growth is more or less their backstory" (source)

Artist:
Celozon
ImageImage
Unnamed

● Celozon answers some questions about their dog:

xxQ: "Does your staff dog resemble you in any way?"
    xxCelozon: "Not really, mines a bit weird this year, little more outside my interests/aesthetics than normal,
    xxbut still a cutie pie c:" (source)

xxCelozon: " Like most years, just messing around with stuff until I settled on something I liked.
    xxI never have plans for these." (source)

xxCelozon: "No I'm very terrible choosing names" (source)

xxQ: "Does your dog prefer night or day?"
    xxCelozon: "Night!" (source)

xxQ: " If your dog had an aura, what color would it be?"
    xxCelozon: "Probably like, neon green or teal tbh" (source)

xxCelozon: "Fall" (source)

xxQ: " Does your dog believe in ghosts/other supernatural beings?"
    xxCelozon: "No" (source)

xxCelozon: "A planet in this solar system or....?" (source)

xxCelozon: "Sci-fi, but like the nerdy kind" (source)

xxQ: "Does your pup have an interesting backstory? Have they been through events that drastically changed their lives?
    xxCelozon: "I have no lore for them cause I'm lazy, but yeah probably" (source)

xxCelozon: "None of mine have symbolic meanings. I feel called out :C" (source)

Artist:
Desmond
ImageImage
" Senka "

"The old trick to a story, it’s said, is to start with “it was a dark and stormy night” - create suspense by drawing in the tension at the start, as many diurnal creatures cannot see well in the dark, and further amplify that with the violent nature of storms, putting them at the mercy of nature’s whims.

Well, it was dark. And it was stormy.

Caer, weakened though they were in these times, had a job to do.

There were flickers of familiar power here and there - Soláthraí, dutifully protecting the vulnerable from a flood. In the far distance, Lir, desperately rescuing the ones that slipped from high ground into the waters. The hollow presence of Aidan, leading away the ones neither could save.

None of it was Caer’s jurisdiction. Well-wishes and hope were left in the Dreamer’s wake, scattered with the spray of rain disrupted by the flight.

The flood was no accident. It couldn’t be. Water did not simply rise from the ocean and decide to take the land without cause or reason. Something was broken.

There.

A shadow ahead. Slinking and slipping through the darkness, pursuing a darker shape ahead of it. And well behind – Dorje’s sharp chatter and compact blur.

Caer had no weapons. Little strength. What power remained was still great, but… not enough to take on two shadows. The Creator’s faltering strength had left both of them struggling. But there were still duties.

Caer would perform them to the last.

The Dreamer charged forward just as the lagging shadow caught up to the other, striking out harshly – and together, they stopped. A poisonous flash of bright blue and inkwell purple caught in an errant flash of lightning as the creatures… fought. It was over quickly, the victor slipping back to leave the loser to Dorje’s mercies.

No honor among shadows. Caer carefully followed.

The hunt repeated itself several times. Each time, the pursuing shade, with its bright flash of blue, took out one of its own and left it, sometimes scrabbling away before the smaller chattering ball of anger and vengeance could catch up.

The storm moved on just before dawn broke. The shadow - which Caer had named Senka at some point during the night - retired for the day, having taken out a great many of its own.

But… why?

---
    Hints:
    Dorje/Mushroom Dressup references the "Badger Badger Mushroom Mushroom" meme song.
    The emerald tree boa stamp refers to... Snake. I was a bit blunt this year.
    2 and 4 -- 24. I said this was a very nerdy hint, it references the cobra Pokemon Arbok, who is #24 in the PokeDex, and is the first thing I thought of when I finished the lines for the cobra's hood and started messing with colors. This was the hint that didn't get found until a few hours ago, so it never got solved.
    I mentioned that my outcome would be in Slytherin, like me. Voila, snek.

Senka is a Slavic name meaning "Shadow" - the full story behind them is that they are a shadow that has started to hunt down their own kind, but it's not yet known if this is for good or evil. I originally did not want to lean into the snake motif for this idea, but given that the snake is also a symbol of rebirth/renewal, it seemed more appropriate than anything else I had considered."
    (source)

"They do have a cobra hood and I referenced Indian and King cobras' features and hood markings (so I personally see heavy cobra influence) but interpret how you will. C: I can certainly see where you're pulling monitor lizard!" (source)

● Desmond answers some questions about their dog:

xxQ: "What is your staff dog’s eye colour and/or nose colour?"
    xxDesmond: "Uhhh... Purple? Ish? Pinkish??
    xxI am partially colorblind, I don't always know exactly what I'm looking at lol" (source)

xxDesmond: "N... No? I don't--" (source)

xxDesmond: "The idea came to me as I was opening SAI to work on my outcome." (source)

xxQ: "Will your staff dog have line edits?"
    xxDesmond: "As of yet I have never done a staff litter outcome without edits.
    xxWill that pattern continue? Who knows." (source)

xxDesmond: "Orange? Maybe? But like a nice sunset orange, not hazard orange.
    xxBut it would be just as appropriate, maybe? I dunno." (source)

xxDesmond: " Anything but winter for sure." (source)

xxDesmond: "Clear" (source)

xxDesmond: "Yes" (source)

xxQ: "Does your pup have an interesting backstory? Have they been through events
    xxthat drastically changed their lives? Is there lore behind them?"
    xxDesmond: "Yes. All of mine have lore (even my alligator, though it ended up not really getting written)
    xxtaking place in the same universe." (source)

xxDesmond: "I get some songs stuck in my head when I see it, that count?" (source)

xxQ: "What Hogwarts house would your dog be in?"
    xxDesmond: "Slytherin, with me." (source)

xxQ: "Was this year's creature made by Dorje's creator?"
    xxDesmond: "They do share a lot of things, including the most basic roots/principles." (source)

Artist:
Dama
ImageImage
" Jules "

"So this pup is indeed mine - her name is Jules. And I hope you like her when she's grown up! ^.^
    She's a bit more simple compared to some of my previous pups but I still love her haha."
    (source)

Artist:
Koikee
ImageImage
" Poppy "

"Their name is Poppy" (source)

● Koikee answers some questions about their dog:

xxQ: "Does your dog have oldest child energy, middle child energy, youngest child energy, or only child energy?"
    xxKoikee: "Oldest child energy! My dog is a mediator when there's trouble and often looks out for others
    xxthey care about. They have a calm, caring nature." (source)

xxQ: "Does your dog have a dominant sense?"
    xxKoikee: "Smell" (source)

xxQ: "What kind of flowers are those?"
    xxKoikee: "Lavender and roses." (source)

Last edited by Magen on Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:53 pm, edited 24 times in total.
Magen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Staff Dog Resource Guide: 2022 Cont.

Postby Magen » Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:11 pm

2022 Continued

Artist:
Berricuda
ImageImage
" Wisp "

"Her name is Wisp and her growth is by far one of my favorites of the ones I've done!" (source)

● Berricuda answers some questions about their dog:

xxBerricuda: "Yes, she does in fact!" (source)

xxBerricuda: "My (preferred) name inspired this year's dog =)" (source)

xxBerricuda: "Purple or mint green :0" (source)

xxBerricuda: "Winter!" (source)

xxBerricuda: "Rainy!" (source)

xxBerricuda: "Yes, she absolutely does...
    xxwith Lemon from last year, she would have to x)" (source)

xxBerricuda: "Ooohh.... Jupiter !!" (source)

xxBerricuda: "Virgo, for sure!" (source)

xxBerricuda: "Horror/thriller orrrrrr.... hmm.... fantasy!" (source)

Artist:
Metallic Dragon
ImageImage
" Harper "

"Yes, this smol chunk boi is Harper. Stegosaurus, as y'all know, are here in the sense of having their fossils, but not here. I believe their noises would have been bellows similar to large herbivores of our time. They hatched from eggs. They're certainly chonks. And also I am obsessed with The Isle(game) and play stego 99% of the time.
    Stegos are actually my favorite dinosaurs in general c:

I hope y'all like him when he grows up. I struggled with the color palette this year, but ultimately I'm pretty happy with him"
    (source)

"I'll also mention that the name Harper doesn't really have anything to do with how my outcome looks/their theme, it was just the first name that popped into my head in the moment" (source)

● Metallic Dragon answers some questions about their dog:

xxMetallic Dragon: "I like it." (source)

xxMetallic Dragon: "It's an obsession" (source)

xxMetallic Dragon: "Ummmmmm...... Idk gonna throw out the name Harper I guess." (source)

xxMetallic Dragon: "Big chonk say no" (source)

xxQ: "Does your pup have an interesting backstory?"
    xxMetallic Dragon: "Not really" (source)

xxMetallic Dragon: " Nope" (source)

xxQ: "Do they have a theme song? or just a song that really matches them?"
    xxMetallic Dragon: "No" (source)

xxQ: "What is your dog's greatest fear?"
    xxMetallic Dragon: "Quick little buggers" (source)

xxQ: "What is your dog's current mood?"
    xxMetallic Dragon: "Hungry" (source)

Artist:
Dia.
ImageImage
Name N/A

"Officially claiming the cell puppy! I strayed from my theme this year, because it's been a big year for me. This dog is a celebration of what I've accomplished in school and now beyond. <3" (source)

● Dia. answers some questions about their dog:

xxDia.: "Bill Nye the Science Guy (bill! bill! bill! bill! bill! bill!)" (source)

xxDia.: "nope" (source)

xxDia.: "mars" (source)

xxDia.: "sci-fi" (source)

xxDia.: "in a way i guess heh" (source)

xxQ: "Where does your dog land on the lawful/neutral/chaotic chart?"
    xxDia.: "lawful neutral, I think" (source)

xxDia.: "biology, absolutely" (source)

xxDia.: "the green door" (source)

xxDia.: "half empty; you can only cope with so many failed experiments" (source)

Artist:
xem
ImageImage
" Cairos "

"yes, i figured my pup wouldn’t be to hard to figure out. went for a fantasy vibe for this guy. what can i say, i love stripes ^^" (source)

"Their name is Cairos!" (source)

Artist:
Zeena
ImageImage
" Persistence "

"Just wanted to pop in and say today's doggo is mine! <3
    Her name is Persistence with the theme of "reaching for the stars". This year has been quite hectic for me and there's been a few hurdles I've had to jump and some situations where I had to learn to adapt quickly. While drawing her, she was a good reminder that with some patience, determination and persistence you can truly get through anything.
    Hope you guys enjoy her! c:"
    (source)

● Zeena answers some questions about their dog:

xxZeena: "No wings, no flying ability, not really feeling a need to fly" (source)

xxZeena: "Possibly, depends on what each person thinks or wants her to symbolize!" (source)

xxQ: "Do they have a theme song? or just a song that really matches them?"
    xxZeena: " No specific theme song" (source)

xxQ: "What is your pup's patron arcana?"
    xxZeena: "The World tarot card" (source)

Artist:
Solloby
ImageImage
" Zephyr "

"I think I'll name him Zephyr." (source)

Artist:
Lacuna
ImageImage
" Cam "

"Not #deep, my dog LITERALLY resembles me." (source)

"Their name is Cam" (source)

(PHOTOS on post) "I do recall someone said it would look like my tattoos, but I didn’t respond because they were right. 😉 Sorry the pictures are a little weird; it’s hard to get a good representation of a tattoo that wraps around.

My tattoos are incredibly important to me; I have a lot of them and they are all unique custom designs made for me from my sketches or by me directly. For those of you who might not realize, my first name is Lydia and I always wanted to be Lydia the Tattooed Lady like the song, which people would sing to me as a kid after they found out my name. I even have a tattoo that’s loosely based on the song! I got my upper arms tattooed in the past year, and decided to base this year’s dog off of them (though I couldn’t find a good way to include the crystals or berries that I liked). The dog also has a flower crown of violets because I have a violet tattoo in the middle of my chest and I thought it fit in. I have one arm that I call my “nature” arm, and the other is my “magic” arm, and all all my arm tattoos have some kind of animal and geometric shapes in them so far that share the theme. (Bonus fun fact, I did leave the coloring on the crystals to a little bit of chance at my artist’s discretion, and he ended up giving me a genderqueer flag colored crystal by accident, which is my identity and kind of magical as a result.)

As for the name, the artist who did both these tattoos (and quite a few of my others) is named Cam, so is another artist who did an important tattoo for me (it was quite funny to find someone with the same name and same tattoo style across the country lol), and Cam is also the name of my first and one of my favorite Squishmallows, and my Squishmallow collection has been really important to me this year."
    (source)

● Lacuna answers some questions about their dog:

xxLacuna: "yes" (source)

xxLacuna: "you could say that" (source)

xxQ: "Lacuna...vegetable, mineral, or animal?"
    xxLacuna: "As far as the animal vegetable mineral question, funny story there were supposed to be minerals on my dog
    xxbut they ended up getting cut from the design. The rest, yes, plus something else entirely." (source)

Artist:
Kazin
ImageImage
Unnamed

"...my dog does not have a name ^^ his pattern was inspired by spots on frogs because I think they look cool and the crystals were inspired caves and pretty glowing rocks haha" (source)

● Kazin answers some questions about their dog:

xxKazin: "nah" (source)

xxKazin: "I don't even know... randomly xD" (source)

xxKazin: "They don't watch TV" (source)

xxQ: "What is your dog's favorite color, and does it appear on your dog at all?"
    xxKazin: "Unsure, they don't see much color" (source)

xxQ: "Does your dog prefer night or day?"
    xxKazin: "Night" (source)

xxKazin: "Probably South Dakota" (source)

xxKazin: "I'd like to think Abu!" (source)

Artist:
Nadine
ImageImage
Unnamed

"I knew that once the adult grew for my pup that she'd be easily identified as mine, so I'm not going to let the mystery stew any longer. I don't currently have a name for her but I'm happy to see that she's gotten some love <3" (source)

● Nadine answers some questions about their dog:

xxQ: "Does your pup like to swim?"
    xxNadine: "She's not the biggest fan of water." (source)

Artist:
Pi.
ImageImage
" Space Cadet "

"This years palette really made me think of space so thats the kind of theme I went for!!" (source)

"Not quite a name, but I think of them as Space Cadet like one of my favorite songs haha" (source)

Artist:
Shy
ImageImage
" Grove "

"their name is Grove." (source)

● Shy answers some questions about their dog:

xxShy: "I think mine would get along well with Dug from the movie Up!" (source)

xxQ: "Where does your dog land on the lawful/neutral/chaotic chart?"
    xxShy: "lawful good" (source)

xxQ: "Does your dog have a dominant sense?"
    xxShy: "Probably taste and hearing!" (source)

xxShy: "glass half full" (source)

xxQ: "Would your dog fear, befriend, or be indifferent toward snakes?"
    xxShy: "probably fear!" (source)

Artist:
Burrito Bunny
ImageImage
Unnamed

"The dog with the butterflies is mine, I hope you all enjoy! ❤️

You have no idea how long I spent trying to make the dog look like it was a statue made out of marble or stone or something, but it did NOT work out lol. But I do like the coat I gave it instead! No name or story this time around, but I hope you enjoy. c:"
    (source)

Artist:
Doglike
ImageImage
" Orchid "

"Say hello to Orchid
    He's a laid back guy who LOVES to sleep in and relax as much as he can!
    The sound of rain is his favorite thing and he has a soft, warm personality. :)"
    (source)

● Doglike answers some questions about their dog:

xxDoglike: "Probably fall." (source)

xxDoglike: "Rainy all the way!" (source)

xxDoglike: "They like to read all books, but slice of life books are probably the best to them." (source)

Artist:
EmberWolf
ImageImage
" Andromeda "

"Her name is Andromeda c:" (source)

● EmberWolf answers some questions about their dog:

xxQ: "Does your pup reflect your personality?"
    xxEmberWolf: "hmmm, I don't think so!" (source)

xxQ: "Would your pup like the song "Your Love (9pm)"?"
    xxEmberWolf: "definitely not their vibe" (source)

xxQ: "Does your pup live in the sky, ocean or on land?"
    xxEmberWolf: "I'm not sure, maybe it's a different plane of reality altogether?" (source)

xxQ: "Is your pup more on the nicer side or the ruder side?"
    xxEmberWolf: "they are very neutral, not nice or rude" (source)

xxQ: "What kind of place/world does your pup live in?"
    xxEmberWolf: "very far away, though seemingly close" (source)

xxQ: "What is your pup's favourite song?"
    xxEmberWolf: "not much of a music listener! they like silence" (source)

xxQ: "Is your pup a dog or another species?"
    xxEmberWolf: "yes? no? I'm not sure, really" (source)

xxQ: "How many tries did it take you to get the design down for your dog?"
    xxEmberWolf: "Usually it only takes me one try. I get an idea from the palette and it works out from there.
    xxMaybe two tries. This year though? Four or five. I'm happy with what I ended up with but boy, it was a struggle
    xxto get there! I have a totally different, completely done outcome for this litter that will never see the light of
    xxday because I just ended up not being happy with it lol. But I'm glad I ditched it and ended up with what I did c:"
    xx(source)

Artist:
Seasonal
ImageImage
" Blueberry "

"Hmm... how about Blueberry? :3" (source)

"No story or special meaning behind her, I'm just happy to be a part of the litter ;w; I'm not very good at art so I try to keep my designs simple. Maybe I'll go out of my comfort zone one of these days." (source)

Artist:
AquilaFuga
Unnamed

"No, I don't have a name for them. c:" (source)

"I’ve been super busy lately, so I kept it very simple this year and I’m so happy you guys enjoy it nonetheless. Thanks for the love. <3" (source)

Artist:
Saikiyo
Name N/A

"It was actually inspired by the Cheshire Cat, with the purple and stripes. It originally had an adult stage, however the 3/4 cat face was wonky and when I was making the pup lines I realized it looked so much better than the adult so I rolled with that and made a pps." (source)

Artist:
Anover
" Thistle "

"I'll tell you my pups name:
    Thistle! My favourite word :3
    No relation to the design so don't think too deeply into it, I guess they do both have a bit of a sting to them though 🤔"
    (source)

End of 2022 Staff Dogs

—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—

—•—•—•—•—

Continue Below to View 2023 Staff Dogs

Last edited by Magen on Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:37 pm, edited 25 times in total.
Magen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Staff Dog Resource Guide: 2023

Postby Magen » Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:25 am

███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███

September Release
2023 Staff Litter Discussion Thread

34 Staff Members Participated:
Aaron✦ -●- AquilaFuga -●- Burrito Bunny -●- castiian -●- Codex -●- Concept
Desmond -●- Doglike -●- dogtreat -●- Emberwolf -●- Fawnie -●- FleshCanvas
hellevi -●- June Bug -●- Kazin -●- Koikee -●- Lacuna -●- MissionFlight -●- Nadine
Raire -●- reynard -●- Saikiyo -●- Schuyler -●- Seasonal -●- Shy
Solloby -●- Spaceinmyhead -●- Vampiric -●- ~Trompy
winx -●- Wobbuffet -●- xem -●- Yağmur -●- Zeena

FleshCanvas designed the newborn this year.

Litters are in the same order as displayed in the Archives.

Artist:
castiiian
ImageImage
" Neko / Nekomata "

"i hate to disappoint lmao but i didn't really give their name much thought at all tee hee.
    i've just been calling it "neko" or "nekomata" since it's inspired by one!"
    (source)

● castiiian answers some questions about their dog:

xxQ: "Does your pup prefer fruits and veggies or is it a carnivore?"
    xxcastiiian: "carnivore" (source)

xxQ: "Is your pup a silly little guy?"
    xxcastiiian: "aren't we all? :3c" (source)

xxQ: "Is your dog very colorful or did you use one color as the main color and just used the others for smaller details?"
    xxcastiiian: "i used the entire palette!" (source)

xxQ: "Is your pup related to magical elements or do they have special magic powers?"
    xxcastiiian: "yawh! magic magic! :3c" (source)

xxQ: "Is there heavy lore / stories behind your pup?"
    xxcastiiian: "i dunno, sorta yes? depends on how much you want to read into it, i guess!" (source)

Artist:
Nadine
ImageImage
" Gracie "

"Thanks for the love on my pup, I've decided to name her Gracie!" (source)

"Sorry I was pretty silent this year, I've been extremely busy with life and other things, but I figured now is the time to reveal that this is my dog! I'm surprised that no one guessed this one as mine, but I figure at the same time that I threw everyone off by keeping it simple this year. If life hadn't gotten in the way I probably would have had more time to do more with it haha" (source)

Artist:
Aaron✦
ImageImage
Unknown

● Aaron✦ answers some questions about their dog:

xxQ: "Does your pup have personal meaning to you?"
    xxAaron✦: "kinda! I think all staff pets are a little bit personal. Not in a really profound way this time, though."
    xx(source)

xxQ: "Which category/categories does your pet fit into?"
    xxAaron✦: "terrestrial :)" (source)

xxQ: "What would your pups favorite song be?"
    xxAaron✦: "Team Me - Into the Wild" (source)

xxQ: "What is your pups favorite food?"
    xxAaron✦: "Mushrooms" (source)

Artist:
June Bug
ImageImage
" Baphomet "

"Very excited for my first staff pup, I'm very happy with how he came out ^^" (source)

● June Bug answers some questions about their dog:

xxQ: "Is your pet inspired by a specific animal?"
    xxJune Bug: "I took inspiration from two animals~" (source)

xxQ: "Does your pup prefer day or night?"
    xxJune Bug: "Tough question, but I think he'd lean towards night" (source)

xxQ: "Is your pet wearing "human" clothes (glasses, scarves, shorts, etc.)?"
    xxJune Bug: "Sadly no I wanted so badly to put a bowtie on him, but I just couldn't make it
    xxwork with the rest of his design ToT" (source)

xxJune Bug: "Omnivore~" (source)

xxQ: "If it had wings, where or what would it do or go?"
    xxJune Bug: "If? Hmmm All the better to reach those sweet, sweet tree-tops" (source)

xxQ: "Out of all the places one could go, where would your pup most likely end up?"
    xxJune Bug: "He prefers wooded mountains, I don't imagine he'd travel much" (source)

xxJune Bug: "Yes, but he can be a bit intimidating at first glance" (source)

xxQ: "Would your pup feel at place in the 90's? (Tamagotchi, furby, Pastel loving time)"
    xxJune Bug: "No, not at all :']" (source)

xxQ: "How would your pup feel about a birthday party?"
    xxJune Bug: "He doesn't seem much like the party type" (source)

xxQ: "What's their bedtime routine?"
    xxJune Bug: "I don't think he'd have much a routine aside from finding a comfy spot" (source)

xxQ: "What is your pup's favorite season/weather?"
    xxJune Bug: "Hmm, I'd think cooler/cold weather would be preferred, might get a bit too
    xxtoasty in the summer" (source)

xxQ: "What’s your pet’s favorite book?"
    xxJune Bug: "Fire Bringer by David Clement-Davies" (source)

xxQ: "Is your pup inspired by the scene/emo subculture?"
    xxJune Bug: "No~" (source)

xxQ: "Is your pup related to magical elements or do they have special magic powers?"
    xxJune Bug: "No magic or powers~" (source)

xxJune Bug: "Not a whole lot, I've never been good at lore, haha" (source)

xxQ: "Which of the Camp Smoothie houses would your pup most likely get sorted into?"
    xxJune Bug: "Hmmm, He'd probably be in Berry Cabin, or perhaps Vanilla" (source)

xxQ: "How would your pup feel about pink lemonade? And if they had a favourite beverage, what would it be? <3"
    xxJune Bug: "He'd like a pink lemonade, but I get the feeling his favorite beverage is coffee/espresso" (source)

xxQ: "Does your pet represent yourself and/or your interests?"
    xxJune Bug: "Yes" (source)

xxQ: "Does your pet have a favorite food?"
    xxJune Bug: "If it's edible, it's his favorite" (source)

xxQ: "What is your pet's final stage eye color? Is it even visible?"
    xxJune Bug: "His eyes are the color of when a soldier comes home from war and sees his dog
    xxfor the first time" (source)

xxQ: "If you can choose one category that would fit your pup what would it be"
    xxJune Bug: "Forest/Mountain" (source)

xxQ: "Does your pet have a name?"
    xxJune Bug: "Baphomet" (source)

xxQ: "Is your pup a traveler and by what means?"
    xxJune Bug: "I think he's a bit of a homebody, but considers a fairly large area to be his home.
    xxI imagine the extent of his travelling to be taking long casual flights to see some
    xxsights before returning home." (source)

xxQ: "Is your pup male, female or null? Null meaning players choose"
    xxJune Bug: "As I was deciding what to do for mine, I knew I wanted to do a combo of animals and
    xxsettled on Goat/Owl and then realized he would resemble Baphomet. Baphomet is a deity of
    xxbalance and so represents both male and female. I use 'He' because it's easiest for me,
    xxbut given the influence of Baphomet, I consider him to be any sex/gender/pronouns.
    xxSo, player choice I guess, haha" (source)

Artist:
hellevi
ImageImage
" Kali Kitsch "

" i'm very excited to have a dream come true today and i hope u guys like my outcome Hehehe. " (source)

"most, if not all, of my art has animals going :p
    xxi hope you guys like my first ever cs pet <3" (source)

"meet my scene queen, Kali Kitsch.
    surprisingly, this design came to me almost immediately. when i saw how bright the color palette was, the scene aesthetic immediately came to mind, especially since i have adored the scene style for a really long time. from there, it was just a matter of finding out where each color looked best. after that, it was just a matter of deciding on a name that was reminiscent of the early 2010s scene queens. i'm glad to hear that people recognized her style and that i managed to capture the scene essence while still being able to bring forth my own artistic style. it has been an absolute dream to be able to take part in the staff litter this year and i hope everything likes my girl <3"
    (source)

● hellevi answers some questions about their dog:

xxhellevi: "night for sure" (source)

xxhellevi: "yes.... :p" (source)

xxQ: "Does your pet represent yourself and/or your interests?
    xxDoes your pet have a favorite food?
    xxWhat is your pet's final stage eye color? Is it even visible?"
    xxhellevi: "yes yes (candy) and no!" (source)

Artist:
xem
ImageImage
" Kassia "

"My angel dog’s name is Kassia :) I hope you all enjoyed her." (source)

● xem answers some questions about their dog:

xxQ: "Would your pet feel at home in the 90's?"
    xxxem: "My pup would probably feel more at home in a time way before the 90’s.
    xxOr maybe in a time way beyond." (source)

xxQ: "If your pet had to pick one of the others to be friends with, who would they pick?"
    xxxem: "I think she would be friends with Solloby’s dog ^^" (source)

Artist:
reynard
ImageImage
" Nicke "

"I really tried something new this year so fingers crossed!" (source)

"There is also a 19 tucked on my 2021 pup for my favorite player, that silky Swede! Glad to meet another fan of the beloved nonsense that is the Caps, and a fellow Backstrom appreciator (seriously, there is not Ovi-close-to-record without Backy imo).

Ding ding ding - we have a winner! Decided to make my pup this year reflect my excitement for the budding season. I was struggling to get hit by the inspiration lightning bolt and my husband pointed out this would be a good thing to go with!

Hope you enjoy Nicke’s final form!"
    (source)

● reynard answers some questions about their dog:

xxQ: "Does your pet have a name?"
    xxreynard: "Nicke!" (source)

xxQ: "Does your pup share any intentional characteristics or themes with another staff member's pet
    xx(as in you worked together)?"
    xxreynard: "Nope.
    xxbut it does share something with year before last years pup." (source)(source)

xxreynard: "They all have a lot of meaning I think, but I would say this years is not as profound as my previous
    xxstaff pet though. It still will tell you a bit about me for sure though. I did try something new this year so that
    xxwas maybe the more "oh wow" part in terms of growth lol." (source)

xxQ: "What's your pet's element?"
    xxreynard: "Water." (source)

xxQ: "Are they wearing a hockey jersey?"
    xxreynard: "Yes it is :)
    xxGo smoothies!!! (Because CS needed a hockey team)" (source)

Artist:
Burrito Bunny
ImageImage
" Astra "

"I think I will name her Astra. I hope you like her c:" (source)

● Burrito Bunny answers some questions about their dog:

xxBurrito Bunny: "Night for sure!" (source)

xxBurrito Bunny: "Air!" (source)

xxBurrito Bunny: "None of the above, it's lonely :c" (source)

Artist:
Kazin
ImageImage
" Egg "

"I have named my dog Egg for no real reasoning other than my partner said it looked like a speckled egg, and also bird theme dog, so why not :D" (source)

● Kazin answers some questions about their dog:

xxKazin: "daytime!" (source)

xxKazin: "Definitely fruits/veggies, maybe bugs..." (source)

xxKazin: "I think loud noises would scare them..." (source)

xxQ: "Do they prefer to be alone, or in a group?"
    xxKazin: "Groups!" (source)

xxKazin: "A super early bedtime, and a super early riser - with the sun!" (source)

xxKazin: "Spring probably" (source)

Artist:
Schuyler
ImageImage
" Sprinkles "

"I really liked how the colors looked together and ended up going with a vague sort of tropical-camo theme. :D

As usual I'm not really one for coming up with names and backstories, but if anyone wants to suggest a name, feel free! :3"
    (source)

"Sprinkles. I like it! c:" (source)

● Schuyler answers some questions about their dog:

xxQ: "Does your pup hang out with any of the other pups?"
    xxSchuyler: "They aren't specifically paired with any other pups, but I imagine them being pretty chill
    xxhanging out with anyone." (source)

xxQ: "Does your pup prefer the beach, the mountains, the forest, or the desert?"
    xxSchuyler: "Definitely the beach!" (source)

Artist:
Wobbuffet
ImageImage
" Tammy "

"My dog was (as many people guessed)... the tamagotchi dog!!

I started with a Barbie-ish idea, then somehow ended up with more of a late 90s / early 2000s skater vibe! Her style was inspired by the glittery look of anime from around that time, particularly Sailor Moon. Her face was especially inspired by the cats from that series (pic for reference)! As Vampiric mentioned, it wasn't intentional, but I absolutely love how complimentary our dogs came out!!

Anyways, her name is Tammy :D"
    (source)

● Wobbuffet answers some questions about their dog:

xxQ: "Would your pup feel at place in the 90's? (Tamagotchi, furby, Pastel loving time 😆)"
    xxWobbuffet: "yes... :3c" (source)

Artist:
Zeena
ImageImage
" Bee "

"This is Bee, she flutters around and loves to enjoy all the sweeter things in life. My inspiration this year was from how I've recently entered my clinical year where working hard and being on top of things on a daily basis is critical for the health of your patients. I think Bee is a good reminder to work hard but also to enjoy the little things that happen along the way!" (source)

"Mine is indeed animal-related this year though! Might not be super easy to spot as a pup, but it'll become clear in their adult form c:" (source)

Artist:
Koikee
ImageImage
Unnamed

"I'm gonna throw it out there that I've decided to not name my pup this year." (source)

"I thought I would've been much more predictable than that, especially with how I place down blocks of color, but this left me surprised. I really thought this dog litter would've given me away sooner, but I guess not! Either way, you guys figured it out." (source)

"..my dog does NOT use all 6 colors" (source)

● Koikee answers some questions about their dog:

xxQ: "Are there any lineart edits?"
    xxKoikee: "Yeah. I think this has to be my most edited dog so far" (source)

xxKoikee: "Night 100%. How else would they get their time to shine?" (source)

xxKoikee: "To the skies, obviously! Though, they don't really seem to need them anyways.." (source)

xxKoikee: "Absolutely" (source)

xxKoikee: "I don't see a need for seasons here" (source)

xxKoikee: "Yes" (source)

xxKoikee: "Absolutely! It's the one thing they spend most of their time doing. There's so many new things to see,
    xxthe universe is so unique and has endless possibilities and adventures!" (source)

xxQ: "Is your pup inspired by mythology?"
    xxKoikee: "No" (source)

xxKoikee: "I'm thinkin' strawberries.." (source)

Artist:
AquilaFuga
ImageImage
" Flora "

"Yes ;D Sorry I didn't really play the game with y'all this year, I've seen lots of posts getting this correct so I should probably claim at last. I named her Flora!" (source)

Last edited by Magen on Mon Nov 06, 2023 1:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Magen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Staff Dog Resource Guide: 2023 Cont.

Postby Magen » Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:51 pm

2023 Continued

Artist:
winx
ImageImage
" Marguerite "

"Hi there everyone -- the big reveal... this is Marguerite!

I went back and forth with a bunch of different concepts as I was making my staff pet. The idea for Marguerite slowly grew through trial and error... I mean, originally I was half-tempted to straight up do a Barbie dog and leave it at that oop (which explains the light pink base layer). The one thing I knew I wanted to do for sure is add long hair. This ties in to this statement here: "a part of myself that I’m protective of". I have waist length hair in real life that I'm quite attached to. Growing up, I always thought of it as the only part of myself that made me unique from my peers. Not to mention I could hide behind it when needed lol. I just wanted a unique part of me to be on my first staff pet. (:

Once the adult dog stage was complete, the next step was coming up with lore and hints. I figured I could use my Swedish and Danish roots to come up with a story for them so I did some research and came across this poem.

[translated to english]
    A Flower Opens…

A flower opens in the cold of night.
    A bird of fire is rising to the sky.
    The flight of such a bird is fleeting.
    Gardens of light quickly wither.

The life of things that burn is fleeting.
    Wings over dark houses soon will dim.
    The roses soon will dim in night’s garden.
    But the yearning for light will never dim.
    -- Stig Dagerman

This is what prompted me to add the flower in the puppy stage with a slight glow behind it as well! I needed to decide what flower to have it grow into... so I went with the national flower of Denmark -- the marguerite (also how she got her name) daisy. It worked out because these daisies also close up their petals at night.

Overall, not a lot of edits for my first year! I wanted to channel old CS vibes given I've been lurking here since '09. Huge shoutout to everyone who figured out the hints and pieced them together.

I hope ya'll enjoy them as much as I do. ♡ Thank you for reading."
    (source)

● winx answers some questions about their dog:

xxwinx: "Nope! (:" (source)

xxwinx: "sunrise." (source)

xxQ: "Does your pet have any props (tools, instruments, etc.)?"
    xxwinx: "Depends what counts as a tool or instrument I suppose" (source)

xxwinx: "No human clothes… but there’s something strangely human about them" (source)

xxwinx: "Fruits!" (source)

xxwinx: "No wings — they’d prefer to stay grounded I think." (source)

xxQ: "Out of all the places one could go, where would your pup most likely end up?"
    xxwinx: "Their dream trip would be to visit the Danish countryside in the summer." (source)

xxQ: "Would your pup feel at place in the 90's? (Tamagotchi, furby, Pastel loving time)"
    xxwinx: "I think they’d enjoy it! I envision them more-so loving the 70s." (source)

xxwinx: "I’m not sure if they’d be very comfortable with a large birthday party, but a small one with a
    xxclose circle of friends would be fine." (source)

xxwinx: "I think they like a little bit of both. They can get a bit drained with too much interaction though."
    xx(source)

xxwinx: "They’ll bundle themselves up in case it gets a little chilly during the night. Lots of blankies.
    xxThey go to bed pretty early to wake up with the sun." (source)

xxQ: "How would your pup feel about pink lemonade? And if they had a favourite beverage, what would it be? <3"
    xxwinx: "I’d like to think they prefer tea and water — but they’d never turn down a tasty pink lemonade." (source)

xxwinx: "Spring and summer for sure." (source)

xxwinx: "The Secret Life of Bees." (source)

xxQ: "Is your pup inspired by the scene/emo subculture?"
    xxwinx: "I wouldn’t say so! I think they could pull off a pastel goth look though. (;" (source)

xxQ: "Is your pup related to magical elements or do they have special magic powers"
    xxwinx: "I’d like to think they have magical elements!" (source)

xxwinx: "I didn’t as I was making the pup, but I’ve tied in some background when I was coming up with hints."
    xx(source)

xxQ: "Which of the Camp Smoothie houses would your pup most likely get sorted into?"
    xxwinx: "Chocolate" (source)

xxwinx: "I think their final stage represents a part of myself that I’m protective of." (source)

xxwinx: "Their favorite food would be spiced apple-filled ebelskivers" (source)

xxQ: "What is your pet's final stage eye color?"
    xxwinx: "Their eyes are a shade of calm and serenity." (source)

xxQ: "If there was one animal you could choose to represent your pup, what would it be?"
    xxwinx: "I see them as a mythical being/creature more-so than a real life animal" (source)

xxQ: "If you can choose one category that would fit your pup what would it be"
    xxwinx: "90% water, 4% Air, 4% Climate, 2% Crazy (always gotta be a little crazy)" (source)

xxQ: "Does your pup share any intentional characteristics or themes with another staff member's pet
    xx(as in you worked together)?"
    xxwinx: "Didn’t work together with anyone, but I will say that my pup shares themes/characteristics
    xxwith a handful of other outcomes." (source)

xxQ: "How do you feel about medieval castles and/or 1950s films?"
    xxwinx: "...As for my pup’s opinion, I think they’d be indifferent to the subjects."
    xx(source)

Artist:
EmberWolf
ImageImage
" Strawberry Lemonade "

"Thanks for all the kind words on my pup! I struggled with the palette a lot and scrapped quite a few ideas and designs. I wasn't super pleased with the final outcome at first but she's grown on me, so it also warms my heart to know people like her ♥

I didn't have a name going into the month but I was inspired from questions earlier - her name is Strawberry Lemonade! ♥"
    (source)

● EmberWolf answers some questions about their dog:

xxEmberWolf: "Daytime for sure!" (source)

xxEmberWolf: "Honestly? Their favorite would probably be pink lemonade!" (source)

xxEmberWolf: "Toss up between summer and fall. Late summer specifically, maybe?" (source)

xxEmberWolf: "Nope c:" (source)

xxEmberWolf: " Probably some sappy romancey country song" (source)

xxEmberWolf: "Baked goods. Fresh-baked. Any kind." (source)

xxQ: "Does anyone have any more lore they would like to share about their pup?
    xxQuirks? Personality? Origin?"
    xxEmberWolf: "I also have some non-lore-ish but a fun fact about mine. The edits I used were actually
    xxmy own personal reject from last year's staff litter. It was originally designed for that palette, but I
    xxended up scrapping the idea entirely and ending up with my actual pup for that year, Andromeda.
    xxComing into this year, I had zero ideas with the palette so I thought maybe I'd dust off those unused
    xxlines and see how it worked with these colors, tried a few alternative designs, and settled on
    xxStrawberry Lemonade's rather simple design with little hearts. Now the edits weren't wasted, so that was nice!" xx(source)

xxQ: "Did you have a dog breed in mind for this cutie? Or just fluffy dog?"
    xxEmberWolf: "No breed, just fluff :-)" (source)

Artist:
Raire
ImageImage
" Bubbles "

"Hello Bubbles!

I trolled really hard this year, because I knew he would grow up early. :'D
    He's indeed a heavy weight, have you ever looked up how much dolphins or whales weigh? Or bigger fishes? Yeah, you wouldn't wanna throw those around!

Bubbles doesn't have any magical powers, but he is physically quite magical and uh, kinda an animal, being a merdog. Mermaid. Mer-being? I don't know what to call him, really.
    He mostly eats fish and other sea food and occasionally some sea weed or algae (the 'salad' I mentioned).

When you live in the ocean, you don't really care about seasons! But he travels through the ocean, it's very big after all and there are so many beautiful fish schools to follow and play with ;>
    His unintentional cousin is the one pup with another fishy tail, Codex's! But this one got some tentacles, so my headcanon is that Codex's pup lives more on deep sea / ocean ground level (hi Codex, try to change my mind, you can't) and they don't meet that often. But Koikees pup sometimes nyooms through the night sky and they meet Bubbles."
    (source)

"The guess was that my pup is the ocean, but it isn't! It just lives in the ocean, but he's a mermaid. Merman. Merdog... :what:" (source)

"Guess it's a merpup now XD" (source)

● Raire answers some questions about their dog:

xxQ: "How many bunnies or birds did you include in your outcome this year?"
    xxRaire: "Sorry, my pup doesn't have any bunny or bird friends! :c" (source)

xxRaire: "Oh boy, it's way too heavy for wings. But if they actually worked, they would love to
    xxvisit the countryside." (source)

xxRaire: "My pup mostly eats a lot of protein, but includes some uh, I guess "salad" from time to time." (source)

xxRaire: "Somewhere you can't be. =)" (source)

xxRaire: "Of course they do play with their friends and it can get quite silly then. But if you see them alone,
    xxyou would describe them as more serious than silly." (source)

xxQ: "How many bunnies or birds did you include in your outcome this year?"
    xxRaire: "Sorry, my pup doesn't have any bunny or bird friends! :c" (source)

xxRaire: "I wouldn't say... animal..." (source)

xxRaire: "No magic involved, all natural =) although physically..." (source)

xxRaire: "Light-medium lore it definitely has meaning but no huge backstory" (source)

xxRaire: "Absolutely! It's the one thing they spend most of their time doing. There's so many new things to see,
    xxtheir world is so unique and has endless possibilities and adventures!" (source)

xxQ: "If your pup could be best friends with another CS pet, which would it be?"
    xxRaire: "This year's pup doesn't have many friends, but it does greet Koikee's pup whenever it sees them."
    xx(source)

xxQ: "Pups favourite season?"
    xxRaire: "No favourites, they like all seasons." (source)

xxQ: "Does your pup like school, dislike school or have no opinion on it?"
    xxRaire: "Oh, they really love schools!! So much fun!!" (source)

xxQ: "What does your pup usually dream about? Do they remember their dreams?"
    xxRaire: "Same as all puppies do - about playing and hunting, probably." (source)

xxQ: "Does your pup share any intentional characteristics or themes with another staff
    xxmember's pet (as in you worked together)?"
    xxRaire: "Nothing intentional, but definitely looks like my dog has a cousin this year." (source)

xxRaire: "Water." (source)

xxQ: "If your pup was a Pokemon Gym Leader, what type(s) would they use?"
    xxRaire: "Water type gym leader, with all of them (except Gyarados) also frequently using Fairy type moves.
    xxThe full team would be Primarina, Azumarill, Vaporeon, Milotic, Gyarados and Finizen.
    xxIf we're talking Gen9, Primarinas Tera type would obviously be Fairy." (source)

xxQ: "Did Raire NOT do a pixel pup this year??? the OUTRAGE!!!"
    xxRaire: "I know, right?! How rude! ;D
    xxAnd not even using the up ear/long tail middle stage, how dare! >:)" (source)

xxQ: "THERE IS A BUNNY!!!!!!!!!!! It is above the PPS signature in the space between
    xxthe tail and the body. "Hi!" plus a cute lil guy."
    xxRaire: "To be fair, I said 'my pup' (middle stage) and uh, 'no bunny friend', because this is like...
    xxa stamp? a sticker? a signature? It's only a head! It has no body!!!!" (source)

Artist:
dogtreat
ImageImage
" Mr Sunglasses Guy "

""Mr. Sunglasses" as the clue hunting discord dubbed him, is indeed mine! He isn't so much a hippie as... well... you'll see when he grows. California stylin tho." (source)

"oh sunglasses grew! he had a name, once, but im very forgetful. so... crowning him Mr Sunglasses Guy. similar to the name the discord gave him. im glad he seems so well received!! this palette was challenging to work with but really screamed cali vaporwave vibes from the moment i saw it. i gave him sunglasses originally because i couldnt decide on an eye color LOL." (source)

"oh yeah no those are meant to be monstera leaves haha" (source)

● dogtreat answers some questions about their dog:

xxdogtreat: "nope!" (source)

xxdogtreat: "night but you'd never guess it" (source)

xxdogtreat: "balanced diet i think!" (source)

xx"Out of all the places one could go, where would your pup most likely end up?"
    xxdogtreat: " some place warm and sunny, i think! time for hanging out on the beach or playing in the sand."
    xx(source)

xxdogtreat: "sure! and the 80s too. and the 70s. and the 60s. and the 00s too.. hmm. seems like
    xxthey feel at place in all sorts of decades. maybe time is cyclical." (source)

xxdogtreat: "party? where the party at!! look at em all dressed up for fun." (source)

xxdogtreat: "they love being in groups but also enjoy their own time." (source)

xxdogtreat: "oh you know. brush their teeth. stare out at the stars. the usual." (source)

xxQ: "how would your pup feel about pink lemonade? And if they had a
    xxfavourite beverage, what would it be? <3"
    xxdogtreat: "pink lemonade! nice and tasty and refreshing. not their favorite beverage but it sure is up there :>
    xxoh what is their favourite beverage? hmm. well. ask another time perhaps." (source)

xxdogtreat: "summer bayyybbbbeeeyyyyy!!" (source)

Artist:
Fawnie
ImageImage
" flambo "

"hellevi helped me a LOT with my pet despite this also being their first time making a CS pet <333 so everyone give them lots of pats for being an amazing human and artist <3 <3 <3

also id like to think our pets would be good friends"
    (source)

"a little about my doggie...

this is my FIRST cs pet and im still so excited i got to make one, i had butterflies in my stomach at rollover when my dog dropped. ive been crazy nostaglic since this is my first pet and ive been on cs for so long i decided to tie in some of my favorite nostaglic themes!

the flames are very hotwheels inspired ! when i was a kid i doodled these hotwheel flames on EVERYTHING i got my hands on.

the smile comes from my favorite game I played as a kid, ty the tiger :) this little fella right here

i am a scrunchie fiend and i went back and forth about how to do the adult flame hair, but left the scrunchie to kind of tie the whole 90s/early 2000s vibe. same with the airbrushed gradient look on the dog's body. the mention of the bob tail being like a deer tail is very clever and i wish i would have thought of that lol but i am always a fan of short tails

i loved watching your guesses, and ive been very fond of all the nicknames 'flame dude' 'fire guy' 'hot cheetos pup' etc all made me laugh! as far as a name goes, i just finished binge watching adventure time and in the spirit of nostalgia im fine to dub this fella 'flambo' but i do enjoy all the little names this dog has acquired along the way hehe.

flambo is very fiesty and fun, they have learned to embrace their inner fire ! at the pup stage a lot of you noticed they looked a little tired, and i agree! it can be exhausting for a little flame to burn so bright and fast - growing up amirite??? but now they are confident in who they are, and excited to hang out with everyone! i hope u all enjoy them :)"
    (source)

● Fawnie answers some questions about their dog:

xxFawnie: "yes" (source)

xxFawnie: "pssshhhh as if!!! (yes)" (source)

xxFawnie: "hehehe yes in a way" (source)

xxFawnie: "yes !" (source)

xxFawnie: "summer 8-)" (source)

xxQ: "What's your pup's aesthetic?"
    xxFawnie: "very me" (source)

xxFawnie: "yes ! excited to share" (source)

xxQ: "If your pet could play a game would it play: A video game, A card game, An rpg, A children's game, Other?"
    xxFawnie: "a video game !! but you might understand that more when they grow" (source)

xxQ: "If your pet could play a game would it play: A video game, A card game, An rpg, A children's game, Other?"
    xxFawnie: "a video game !! but you might understand that more when they grow" (source)

Artist:
Lacuna
ImageImage
" Sappho "

"Random note of the day: I decided on my outcome's name; I think it's only fitting she be called Sappho." (source)

"Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue…

Celebrating 10 years of my staff dogs and 15 years with my wife (our 10 year wedding anniversary)! The puppy had 5 hearts (the fifth is on the chest) one for each year before we got married, and now she has 15, gaining one for each year. The puppy also has the nose coloration and spots on the chest from my first dog. As you can see, the adult has design elements from all of my previous dogs! Can you spot them all? I also used my personal favorite lineart (curly tail) and something I’ve not used before (the original flop ear lines are the base for the hair)."
    (source)

"Yup it’s an infinity symbol! For cheesy forever love or whatever, lol." (source)

● Lacuna answers some questions about their dog:

xxQ: "Is your dog very colorful or did you use one color as the main color-?"
    xxLacuna: "As usual, my outcome uses all the colors." (source)

xxLacuna: "Anything by Tamora Pierce." (source)

xxLacuna: "Apple" (source)

xxQ: "If there was one animal you could choose to represent your pup, what would it be?"
    xxLacuna: "Cat" (source)

xxLacuna: "She's a 90s kid." (source)

xxQ: "Pup's favourite season?"
    xxLacuna: "summer" (source)

xxLacuna: "she loved school for the most part" (source)

xxQ: "What does your pup usually dream about? do they remember their dreams?"
    xxLacuna: "she does not usually remember her dreams, but when she does
    xxthey are very long and detailed and seem like they could be real" (source)

Artist:
Solloby
ImageImage
" Fyre "

"You won't need hints to work out which dog is mine, I have become a very repetitive person it seems.
    Although I will say that I didn't do pebbly toes this year."
    (source)

"His name is Fyre, because I couldn't come up with anything better ^^" (source)

Artist:
Shy
ImageImage
" suraka "

"their name is suraka" (source)

● Shy answers some questions about their dog:

xxQ: "As in the butterfly Suraka? :o"
    xxShy: "I think it fits quite well with the palette, don't you? 👀" (source)

Last edited by Magen on Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Magen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Magen » Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:16 am

2023 Continued

Artist:
Spaceinmyhead
ImageImage
" Dianthe "

"Her name is Dianthe, which means "Flower of the Gods"! She loves her name, and she's so happy people have figured it out!" (source)

"...She spends most of her day in her nice warm field, running around with the bees and the butterflies. Her life may be a bit simple, but she enjoys the small things in life even more! Her best friend is the family of doves that lives in the trees around her field, who visit her everyday." (source)

"Specifically, this bromeliad I saw in a conservatory a few months back: (pic)

When I saw the colors for this year I knew I had to do some type of flower/plant! I was actually going to have some pink and yellow hibiscus' on her as well, but the lines on that version were so scuffed that I wound up totally restarting haha. I had a ton of fun making her, even though it took me quite literally 50 tries to get it right. Thank you so much to the rest of the staff for putting up with my constant questions and edits hahaha. I'm glad y'all enjoy her as much as I do!"
    (source)

● Spaceinmyhead answers some questions about their dog:

xxSpaceinmyhead: "Day time 100%! Its where she thrives!" (source)

xxSpaceinmyhead: "Fruits and veggies! The sweeter the better!" (source)

xxSpaceinmyhead: "Hmm, she'd probably just travel to the cool areas near her. She loves to see the world,
    xxand meeting different people would be so much easier with wings!" (source)

xxSpaceinmyhead: "A nice grassy field, that has plenty of room to cloud watch!" (source)

xxSpaceinmyhead: "The silliest. She goes through life so confused but she enjoys the vibes!" (source)

xxSpaceinmyhead: "She doesn't quite know what the 90's means, though she thinks that she could have
    xxfun given the right environment!" (source)

xxQ: "How would your pup feel about a birthday party? Do they prefer to be alone, or in a group?"
    xxSpaceinmyhead: "She doesn't think she has a birth day, but if she did she'd love to
    xxhang out with all her friends! She does best in a group after all!" (source)

xxSpaceinmyhead: "She tends to just fall asleep when the sun goes down, so there's not much of a routine to it..."
    xx(source)

xxSpaceinmyhead: "She's never had it, but she bets she'd love it! As for favorite drink,
    xxa nice cold glass of water can never be beat!" (source)

xxQ: "Is your dog very colorful or did you use one color as the main color?"
    xxSpaceinmyhead: "All the colors!" (source)

xxSpaceinmyhead: "Spring! She thrives in the nice and warm weather, and the spring rain makes her so happy!"
    xx(source)

xxSpaceinmyhead: "Hmm, she cant say she does a lot of reading, but she greatly enjoys books with
    xxlots of pictures. She does remember seeing a book with a cute bee on the front and
    xxthought it looked like one of her friends though!" (source)

xxQ: "Is your pup related to magical elements or do they have special magic powers?
    xxIs there heavy lore / stories behind your pup?
    xxWhich of the Camp Smoothie houses would your pup most likely get sorted into?"
    xxSpaceinmyhead: "Nope, nope, and probably creamsicle just like her creator :)" (source)

xxSpaceinmyhead: "Nope! Though she's not the biggest fan of salty foods....
    xxAnything sweet really! Though she's partial to a nice slice of vanilla cake!" (source)(source)

xxSpaceinmyhead: "Hmm probably a butterfly. She'd love to flutter around just like them!" (source)

xxQ: "If you can choose one category that would fit your pup what would it be?"
    xxSpaceinmyhead: "20% Climate/weather, 40% sea/water, 40% air/atmosphere" (source)

xxSpaceinmyhead: "As much as she'd love to see the world, she actually prefers her home!
    xxThough she loves hearing tales of distant lands" (source)

xxQ: "Easy question... is your pup male, female or null? Null meaning players choose."
    xxSpaceinmyhead: "She is a female! Though gender doesn't matter so much to her." (source)

xxQ: "If your pup could be best friends with another cs pet, which would it be?"
    xxSpaceinmyhead: "The UR Bee! He looks so friendly, and she'd love to get to know him!" (source)

xxQ: "Pup's favourite season?"
    xxSpaceinmyhead: "Spring!" (source)

xxSpaceinmyhead: "No opinion!" (source)

xxSpaceinmyhead: "She dreams about sunny spring days, running around with her friends in a warm field!"
    xx(source)

xxQ: "Does your pup have a bad past or a good one?"
    xxSpaceinmyhead: "Oh a great past! Sure, there’s always some stormy days, but she lives a simple
    xxlife that she loves, and always has. She wouldn’t trade it for the world." (source)

xxSpaceinmyhead: "Yes!" (source)

xxQ: "How did your pup come into existence lore-wise? Where did she originate?"
    xxSpaceinmyhead: "I love story telling and writing, so being able to create something and then give it a
    xxbackstory and a name is so much fun to me. Honestly, I just took the vibes I got while I was making
    xxher and spun a cool story around her. I'll share where she came from more when she's grown and
    xxy'all have guessed her though!" (source)

xxQ: "On a scale of: Droll, intriguing, outlandish... where-abouts does your creation check in?"
    xxSpaceinmyhead: "Mine is more on the droll side of the scale, though shes also a little bit towards intriguing too!"
    xx(source)

xxQ: "Did a recent event outside of Chicken Smoothie, inspire your creation's design?"
    xxSpaceinmyhead: "Yep!" (source)

xxQ: "Does your creation think: inside, outside, or on, the box?"
    xxSpaceinmyhead: "Inside the box. Shes got a simple life and tends to just go with the flow, rather than
    xxchallenge the system haha!" (source)

xxSpaceinmyhead: "A Sky Full of Stars by Coldplay (made me look through my playlists for that one haha)" (source)

xxSpaceinmyhead: "Earth!" (source)

xxSpaceinmyhead: "Terrestrial!" (source)

xxQ: "Does your pet have a favorite sport? Would they be good at sports?"
    xxSpaceinmyhead: "No and no!" (source)

xxQ: "If your pup was a Pokemon Gym Leader, what type(s) would they use?"
    xxSpaceinmyhead: "She'd totally be a grass type!" (source)

xxQ: "Does your pet have a favorite sport? Would they be good at sports?"
    xxSpaceinmyhead: "No and no!" (source)

Artist:
Vampiric
ImageImage
Unnamed

● Vampiric answers some questions about their dog:

xxVampiric: "1000% :)" (source)

xxQ: "Does anyone have any more lore they would like to share about their pup? Quirks? Personality? Origin?"
    xxVampiric: "The palette gave me the idea. It's very much a nostalgia design for me.
    xxI tried to make them androgynous so you can call them anything and give them your own personality.
    xxI was super happy to see the complimentary dog with the tamagotchi which had the same vibe so I did
    xxdraw art of them together already. They look cool together." (source)

Artist:
FleshCanvas
ImageImage
" Europa and Io "

"Introducing Europa and Io !!!
    Europa being the pup, Io being the snake 😁
    This has been a dream come true and SO much fun, I hope y’all enjoy them 😁😁😁"
    (source)

"I believe a lot of humans would have an unreasonable fear to Europa when they're actually harmless, or, 50% of her is. Or wait, maybe 33.3% of them are, mildly dangerous? Hm, maybe there is SOME reasonable fear :lol:" (source)

● FleshCanvas answers some questions about their dog:

xxFleshCanvas: "Hm, I would say 50% of them love the night while the other 50% prefer the day :)" (source)

xxFleshCanvas: "33.3% yes, 66.6% no :)" (source)

xxFleshCanvas: "Huh I would say it's a carnivore 100% buuuttt it does LOVE to bunch on some berries" (source)

xxFleshCanvas: "I think if my pup ever took flight they would play dead immediately and
    xxpass out, they would never have wings given the opportunity" (source)

xxFleshCanvas: "Very likely in a Forrest-ey area, with ponds especially, and with
    xxlots of bushes, very North America/Canada 😊" (source)

xxFleshCanvas: "Oh absoLUTELY definitely 100% silly little guy" (source)

xxFleshCanvas: "Hm, I feel like they would 100% be life of the party 😁" (source)

xxFleshCanvas: "Groups, but not huge groups, like small - medium sized hangouts with closer people" (source)

xxFleshCanvas: "I don't think they're organised enough to have an actual routine" (source)

xxFleshCanvas: "This is a hard one, I believe they would be better suited to the colder months but they
    xxreally love the warmer months vibes" (source)

xxFleshCanvas: "No magic involved, all natural :) although physically..." (source)

xxFleshCanvas: "Light-medium lore it definitely has meaning but no huge backstory" (source)

xxFleshCanvas: "OH I LOVE THIS QUESTION - 50% Creamsicle Smoothie Cabin, 50% Green Smoothie Cabin"
    xx(house descriptions - source)

xxFleshCanvas: "HM, probably 66.6% Land/nature but 33.3% Sea/water
    xxEdit: Actually yeah I'm with winx on this one, also 0.1% crazy" (source)

xxFleshCanvas: "Yes" (source)

xxFleshCanvas: "Hmm.. I'm not sure they'd be able to sit for long enough for any of these - Perhaps something
    xxlike an RPG to let out their creative side but I still, idk, too much energy and chaos inside them for it" (source)

xxFleshCanvas: "Here's a little mix tape I put together for Europa :) ;
    xxPure Shores - All Saints
    xxBird Machine - DJ snake
    xxYou're my best friend - Queen
    xxFireflies - Faith Hill
    xxDrops of Jupiter - Train
    xxYou make my dreams come true - Daryl Hall & John Oates
    xxGolden Slumbers - The Beatles" (source)

xxFleshCanvas: "Water & nature" (source)

xxQ: "Does your pet have a favorite sport? - Would they be good at sports?"
    xxFleshCanvas: "For playing; swimming - For watching; ice hockey (so much energy!)" (source)

xxFleshCanvas: "Technically, 33.3% aquatic 33.3% arboreal and 33.3% terrestrial
    xxOverall though, I would describe them as semi-aquatic and terrestrial" (source)

xxQ: "Does your pup hang out with any of the other pups?"
    xxFleshCanvas: "I don't have confirmation from the other artists if they agree or if it would be
    xxCanon/in character for their pup BUT- in my mind I think Europa would **want to*** to
    xxhang out with Koikees, Raires, Dogtreats, Saiks, Doglikes (and maybe codex's but they might
    xxbe a little intimidated 😳😳) outcomes 😀 ((((obviously any winged pups are OUT OF THE QUESTION))))"
    xx(source)

xxQ: "Does your pup prefer the beach, the mountains, the forest, or the desert?"
    xxFleshCanvas: "Forest 🌱🌿🌱🌿" (source)

xxQ: "How do you feel about space exploration?"
    xxFleshCanvas: "Europa doesn't think they would fare well travelling into space
    xxwith the heights, but they do feel some kind of connection to the universe out there." (source)

xxQ: "1. Does your pup think birds are dangerous?
    xx2. Is your pup afraid of heights?
    xx3. Does your pup like blueberries?
    xx4. Will your pup have more than one head when it grows?
    xx5. Is your pup based on more than one kind of animal?"
    xxFleshCanvas: "1. Yes birds are dangerous 😳😳
    xx2. Hm, I think it really depends on what it is, something like climbing a tree would be okay but like
    xxlooking down in a skyscraper wouldn't be
    xx3. Not a fan of blue berries
    xx4. The pup has one head
    xx5. The pup is kind of more of a wolf than a dog in my head 😁" (source)

Artist:
Yağmur
ImageImage
" Pie Face "

"Yes! I will confirm that Pie Face (that's their name!) is mine! 🤡" (source)

Artist:
Doglike
ImageImage
" Icarus "

"Say hello to Icarus! A loyal maildragon for his clan, he has always dreamt of flying, but was born without the ability to do so.
    His profession still lets him travel far and wide, however! Flying is great, but he'd tell you you just don't meet as many neat people in the air as you do on the ground. :)"
    (source)

● Doglike answers some questions about their dog:

xxDoglike: "Yes" (source)

xxDoglike: "Sun - Love Supreme" (source)

xxDoglike: "Pull-apart licorice" (source)

Artist:
MissionFlight
ImageImage
" Zen "

"You guys got it! This is my first ever staff pet!

Meet Zen!
    Now that he is fully recharged he is ready to take on any challenge that comes his way.

There isn't a lot of background or story with his design other than that it is a little bit of a love letter to outrun/synthwave and also that really cool futuristic tech-y style (like from Tron) that I love.
    From the moment I saw the palette I knew I wanted to do a helmet of some kind because I thought the reflections could look neat and I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out! I've always really liked sharp geometrical designs and of course all things that are glowy and I'm glad I was able to fit all my ideas into one pet.

I had so much fun designing my first staff pet and working with this color palette.
    I hope everyone enjoys him as much as I do!"
    (source)

● MissionFlight answers some questions about their dog:

xxMissionFlight: "I would say mine is a bit more serious rather than silly!" (source)

xxMissionFlight: "Ooh great question! Probably somewhere around there!" (source)

xxMissionFlight: "Definitely a traveler! Probably would travel by something cool, possibly a motorcycle?" (source)

xxQ: "Is your pup male, female or null? Null meaning players choose."
    xxMissionFlight: "I think of them as male, but you’re welcome to think of them however you see fit!" (source)

xxQ: "What colour eyes does your pup have or do they prefer them closed?"
    xxMissionFlight: "His eyes are bright pink! He usually keeps his eyes open, so he can see
    xxwhat lies ahead. Unless he’s just completely out of energy he is always ready to go!" (source)

xxMissionFlight: "Hmm probably something like Zombie Hyperdrive- Red Eyes" (source)

xxMissionFlight: "Fast food" (source)

xxQ: "Does your pet have a favorite a favorite sport? Would they be good at sports?"
    xxMissionFlight: "Racing! I bet he would be pretty good!" (source)

Artist:
~Trompy
ImageImage
" Kody "

""But I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell
    I know, right now you can't tell
    But stay a while and maybe then you'll see
    A different side of me"

I know everyone was able to figure out my pet pretty easily based on my hints (and my art style that I didn't even realize I had) but I am so happy that you like them! Not only inspired by my favorite song but also named after another MB20 song, Kody was the result of many hours sketching ideas and trying to come up with something dramatic and unique only to be thrown out the window when I came back to the basics, deciding that I wanted my first staff pet to be a visual story of, well, me.

Kody's adolescent stage reflects most of my youth. Always feeling like I needed to hide away to avoid "being a burden" and being near constantly in tears for never understanding why I couldn't just have fun or make friends or understand simple instructions. Life (and my own mind) was too loud to handle on a good day, and I never knew why.

Jump forward to now, the adult stage where I now know I am ADHD and Autistic, learning to love my differences and accept that I simply face unique challenges to life and that it's okay. Music has always been an escape for me, and I have been allowing myself to lean further into that as I learn to navigate life as an invisibly disabled person. Just as I leaned into music to help inspire this adopt for you all. I wanted it to reflect my journey and inspire others who may face similar challenges. Sometimes you just gotta tune out the world and lean into yourself for support, and that is 100% valid <3

Thank you all for the continued support, I love being an artist for CS so much!! I hope I can continue to create adopts you love!!"
    (source)

"I just wanted to answer a couple of the posted questions as hints for mine <3

My pet definitely reflects myself, in many ways! It kind of represents my life journey up until now...
    Mine was aimed at being nonbinary/null gender
    Has lineart edits, big surprise xD
    I used all the palette colors

Definitely a night lover
    Would love being in the 80's or 90's
    Their name is Kody <3"
    (source)

● ~Trompy answers some questions about their dog:

xx~Trompy: "Unwell, Matchbox 20" (source)

xx~Trompy: "Toaster Strudels!" (source)

Last edited by Magen on Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Magen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Magen » Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:17 pm

2023 Continued

Artist:
Concept
ImageImage
" Hymn "

"I started work on my staff dog on April 15th, before we even knew what colors they were going to be! I had it finished in grayscale before that, too!" (source)

"Fun little tidbit: insects also smell with their antennae! So you could bee Hymn's nose as being the front of her face, OR the dark magenta antennae!" (source)

"I still want to give you all something fun based on the lore and clues I gave out before! So without further ado, I'll start some little story entries!" (see writing here)

"Thank you all so much!! This has been my first staff pet so I'm just blown away by the support and how much you all enjoyed her! I meant to have some more ready for her reveal, including a larger story with more pictures, but that fell to the wayside since the last few weeks have been VERY busy XD

Instead, I want to tell you a little about her!

-the story for Hymn is that she's a space alien who came to CS universe Earth after sneaking out of her mothership. She didn't know ANYTHING about Earth, or living on a planet, since she grew up in space! So everything was new for her! For a long time, she was scared that her appearance was going to make people afraid of her; she's a little intimidating, after all! But over time, she started to come out of her shell and be more open about who she was and try to live life to the fullest on Earth.

-When she was a pup, she would hide her claws, but now that she's older, she isn't as afraid of letting them be seen!

-She eats meat but she likes it cooked first, don't worry!

-EVERYTHING fascinates her.

-Her name is Hymn because she's based from a praying mantis! Specifically, an orchid mantis. That was also where several of my clues came from, specifically the "Courage and Persistence, Patience and Perseverance." which are parts of mantis symbolism. They're also uh... part of symbolism from a ton of other animals, so it was a pretty broad clue XDD

-She's not based on me or anything, but she embodies a lot of the things I love deeply and wanted to share. Bugs, space, aliens, the sheer love of life and the joy of learning and experiencing the world out there, even if it can be scary sometimes. After all, just being here and being able to do this is a result of trying something new and scary!

I'm so grateful to everyone who exists here. Thank you again for an amazing year <3"
    (source)

"Oh yeah the fun little sidenote on my dog, not really personality related or anything, was that the first draft was too much and I had the reel myself back haha. I went too ambitious and had to make her a little more like her pup stage which is why the pup stage was so detailed! At first, the pup stage would have been very uh... not actually indicative of how far I went; the original idea was more like a bug centaur and trust me it was a lot XD This version is MUCH more compact and a bit cuter (the original was cute too though!)

part of the origin story of my work here is a callback too. Back when I was much younger, I started out on horror themed art and over time, and because of how I used to suffer from incredible nightmares because of being shown horror movies from a young age XD, I learned to see personality and even things to relate to in what has been considered scary in movie monsters. Part of my personal mission as an artist is to be able to depict things that are sometimes scary, things that I have come to like and be inspired by (like bugs), in a way that is easily digestible and not as frightening as they would be otherwise! Obviously it's not a catch all but... it's worth it to be mindful! Plus I used to hang out with praying mantis as a kid while I was searching the yard for lizards. They make me think of good memories <33"
    (source)

● Concept answers some questions about their dog:

xxConcept: "She prefers the daytime! All the better to see you." (source)

xxConcept: "Protein is where it's at! Meat, fish, bugs, you name it. Also a fan of
    xxsweets but just as a treat! She'd get sick really easy off too much sugar." (source)(source)

xxConcept: "I can't imagine she'd go to more places than she already does XD" (source)

xxConcept: "Somewhere warm, with plenty of evening crickets, a relaxed place with a
    xxchill vibe where nothing ever feels out of place." (source)

xxConcept: "Nah I'd say more sweet than silly" (source)

xxConcept: "Loaded question! I'm sure she'd LOVE the vibe, but...." (source)

xxConcept: "Spring and Summer! They like it warm." (source)

xxConcept: "Watership Down. She loves the rabbits <3" (source)

xxConcept: "She doesn't THINK so. You can never be sure though!" (source)

xxConcept: "Chocolate!" (source)

xxConcept: "If we were going with my interests, it could be anything I'm interested in
    xxEVERYTHING XD She doesn't represent myself, though." (source)

xxConcept: "I think she'd be a bit afraid of traveling actually! Not against it, but guarded.
    xxThat said if she did travel she'd love to go by subway to see what it was like!
    xxHer second choice would be by hot air balloon or glider! She'd generally avoid traveling by foot." (source)

xxConcept: "Hymn is female in my canon! If someone wants to consider them
    xxmale though (or anything else!), they're absolutely free to." (source)

xxQ: "If your pup could be best friends with another cs pet, which would it be?"
    xxConcept: "I think my pet would love hanging out with the forest friends from the latest event!" (source)

xxConcept: "I think Hymn would be very shy at school and have a hard time coming out of her
    xxshell with so many people around." (source)

xxConcept: "I think Hymn suffers from nightmares a lot! She's pretty good at dealing with them
    xxbut when those don't occur she enjoys vividly beautiful dreams and tries to document a dream journal!"
    xx(source)

xxConcept: "Personal meaning is subjective. It's stuff I enjoy or want to show to the world,
    xxwith a few added touches, but by that logic every pet I've ever made has personal meaning to me, too XD
    xxit's not wrong, tho. It's just not a HUGE part of it. She's a lot her own deal." (source)

xxConcept: "I don't know enough music to really answer the music question sorry XD all I can run on
    xxis vibes, and I think she would like the piano vibes. Something haunting but beautiful." (source)

Artist:
Codex
ImageImage
" Norway "

"They don’t have a fixed name but I’d like them to be named after memories of sunsets and oceans. If you remember a place like that, that’ll be their name.

I’d love to know what everyone named this pupper & I hope such memories were fond to think of while naming them."
    (source)

"On the day I claimed my pup I mentioned I’d like their name to be based on memories of sunset and oceans.

This was inspired by a sunset I saw at a pier while I was in Norway— first time I saw an emerald drop too it was awesome. Norway is a bit of an unusual name but that’s my only reference of this memory. Sometimes Florence if I think back to other pretty sunsets I’ve seen.

Artistically uh— I just like playing with designs on ears and tails and thought multiplying them would make something interesting LOL Also I love the ocean/sea/beach and this palette really gave me sunset beach vibes— then suddenly— nostalgia"
    (source)

● Codex answers some questions about their dog:

xxCodex: "It wasn't inspired by an animal but it does sorta have vague edits of other animal features" (source)

xxCodex: "Closer to night but not when it's dark" (source)

xxCodex: "Fruits, their very fav would be pomegranate" (source)

xxCodex: "No wings, but if it did then on the back and bum, I like multiple wings" (source)

xxCodex: "The seaside" (source)

xxCodex: "Sadly not!" (source)

xxCodex: "They'd feel very very lost" (source)

xxCodex: "Never had one, they'd be surprised when given one" (source)

xxCodex: "Alone but visitations would be nice" (source)

xxCodex: "Grab something to hide under so they can't be found" (source)

xxQ: "How would your pup feel about pink lemonade?
    xxAnd if they had a favourite beverage, what would it be? <3"
    xxCodex: "A pleasantly different flavour, they'll love it" (source)

xxCodex: "Winter, it makes the seaside look more vibrant at sunset" (source)

xxCodex: "Any book with lots of pictures or illustrations" (source)

xxCodex: "I'd say based off their bedtime routine they probably have a bit of magic" (source)

xxCodex: "Not really, their adult form is the limit of what I made of their lore" (source)

xxCodex: "Not myself but it is one of my interest!" (source)

xxCodex: "Seaweed probably" (source)

xxCodex: "Some sort of fish maybe" (source)

xxCodex: "Sea/water" (source)

xxQ: " Is your pup a traveler and by what means?"
    xxCodex: "They are a traveler through land and sea" (source)

xxCodex: "Null" (source)

xxCodex: "Based on my previous answers it’s definitely something related to the sea" (source)

xxCodex: "Not really, they’re inspired by a few places I’ve been to during my travels.
    xxA lot of the details on my pup is just added flair and my main inspiration is what the adult is wearing" (source)

Artist:
Saikiyo
ImageImage
" Cerbi "

"I figured out a name for my pup this year, Cerbi. Thought it was cute" (source)

● Saikiyo answers some questions about their dog:

xxSaikiyo: "Fairly clean and simple. I kept their markings fairly downplayed so they wouldn't dominate the design.
    xxOne think I can say is they're extra "me" flavored, if that makes sense. (Now comes with 3 times the Saik)" (source)

xxSaikiyo: "Not really. I suppose I've been playing a lot of this one game so that might have influenced me" (source)

Artist:
Desmond
ImageImage
" The Omen "

"The Omen is based off of an Oarfish (not a dragon) in the mane and markings, with admittedly a little frilled lizard, bat, and owl going on with the “winglike structures”. The Omen cannot necessarily fly… but it can travel through shadows, as it is a shade/being of fear and dread. They are instead used to make itself look bigger and more fearsome, like a startled frilled lizard or owl (which, many owls and other birds use their wings in a similar manner to accomplish this). Adapting the oarfish idea to the dog lines without losing too much of the dog and forcing me to start over was very tricky, so… I know it’s not as obvious as my others but it did allow me to stretch beyond the habitat restrictions of the oarfish and work in things that inspire some level of fear in nature, so I can’t be too upset. The end result reminded me of Caer – so this outcome really ended up being a very well-fitting opposite for the little Dreamer. They’re perfect opposites in nature but their goals run parallel. Appropriate, too, that this is my tenth staff litter outcome." (source: clues AND STORY!)

● Desmond answers some questions about their dog:

xxDesmond: "Dark." (source)

xxDesmond: "As always, yes." (source)

xxQ: "I wonder if there’s any dragon themed pups this year? "
    xxDesmond: "I do not make dragon themed staff pets. ^^;; You can count me out of that one." (source)

xxDesmond: "??? Does not apply to the story" (source)

xxDesmond: "Never considered it" (source)

xxQ: "Is your pup related to magical elements or do they have special magic powers?
    xxIs there heavy lore / stories behind your pup?"
    xxDesmond: "Their powers/possibly lack thereof suit the story that I have been working with since 2014.
    xxI am reluctant to call it magic but for lack of a more appropriate one we'll go with it for now." (source)

xxQ: "Pups favourite season?"
    xxDesmond: "Doesn't matter" (source)

xx"What does your pup usually dream about? do they remember their dreams?"
    xxDesmond: "Does not apply to canon. And also does not apply to canon" (source)

xxDesmond: "??? Depends on where you draw the line on that." (source)

xxDesmond: "Probably Linkin Park's "Iridescent"." (source)

xxDesmond: "Not relevant to canon." (source)

xxQ: "It's name is The Omen, right?"
    xxDesmond: "For lack of proper name, yes. C:" (source)

Artist:
Seasonal
" Mellie "

"this gal is mine! She is supposed to be a watermelon. This palette gave me fruit/sorbet vibes." (source)

"How about Mellie? (short for watermelon)" (source)

End of 2023 Staff Dogs

—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—

—•—•—•—•—

Click Here to View 2024 Staff Dogs

Last edited by Magen on Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:40 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Magen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Magen » Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:27 pm

Up ♥
╔════════════════════╗