▐ Staff Dog Resource Guide▐

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Staff Dog Resource Guide: 2019

Postby Magen » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:43 am

⇐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⇒

███ ███ ███ ███ ███

September Release
2019 Staff Litter Discussion Thread

28 Staff Members Participated:
Aquila Fuga -●- Bernouli -●- Coalchaser -●- Dama -●- Desmond -●- Dia.
dysania. -●- EmberWolf -●- Fiery Gatoh -●- katsue -●- Lacuna -●- Metallic Dragon
meveh -●- Nadine -●- Pi. -●- Raire -●- Saikiyo -●- Schuyler -●- Seasonal
Simon -●- Solloby -●- tarkeli -●- Tea.Time -●- Vampiric -●- Yağmur -●- Yugi -●- Zeena -●- ɀelda

Lacuna designed the newborn this year.

Litters are in the same order as displayed in the Archives.

Artist:
Simon
*newborn*
N/A

● Simon's Interests: "Boop-boo-ba-doo-ba-doop"
    Simon's Siganture: "Ring ring ring ring ring ring ring"
    (source)

● Simon answers a question about their dog:

xxQ: "Perhaps a reference to the banana pup?
    xxThere's a song that goes "ring ring ring ring ring ring ring, banana phone""

xxSimon: "Yup you guys got it! The banana pup is mine c:
    xxHope he was a fun little surprise for everyone." (source)

Artist:
Lacuna
ImageImage
" Agent JX512A / Jax "

● Lacuna confirms their dog's name is JX512A, or nicknamed Jax. (source)

"She is based on my character Jax and I challenged myself to make the outcome without actually editing the outer lineart of the dog." (source)

Artist:
Schuyler
ImageImage
" Picasso "

● Schuyler confirms their dog's name is Picasso. (source)

"I was kind of stumped for ideas this time and finally decided to try something a bit different. As I said, I had a lot of fun coloring this boy in and not having to fret about staying perfectly inside the lines for once! c:" (source)

Artist:
Fiery Gatoh
ImageImage
" Brindabella "

● Fiery Gatoh confirms their dog's name is Brindabella. (source)

"I love the fact that you guys looked at my dog and thought of fizzy things!... Her pattern is an adaption of a piece of art I recently did :3 " (source)

"The name comes from the Brindabella Mountains, which incidentally is a beautiful place to visit if you ever take a trip to Australia ;) The style of the original art piece was influenced by my indigenous heritage, so it felt appropriate to give her a name connected to the land." (source)

Artist:
Seasonal
ImageImage
" Cici "

● Seasonal confirms their dog's name is Cici. (source)

"Fun fact: My staff pup also grew on day 2 and 22 last year. September 23rd is my CS anniversary, so today marks my 11th year with the site. c:" (source)

Artist:
ɀelda
ImageImage
" Tom Minion "

● ɀelda confirms their dog's name is Tom Minion. (source)

"So what do the Pythagorean theorem, hypotenuse & trig identities have in common? hmm" (source)

Artist:
Pi.
ImageImage
N/A

No information available at this time.
(Able to fill in some blanks?)

Artist:
milkshxke
ImageImage
" Cernunnos "

● milkshxke confirms their dog's name is Cernunnos. (source)

"Hmmmm.." (source)

"my pup seems to think he is an anchor to his littermates. what a good boy." (source)

Artist:
Dia.
ImageImage
" Chestnut "

● Dia. confirms their dog's name is Chestnut. (source)

"There's a bit of a ruckus coming from the other room. I hope my pup isn't getting in trouble." (source)

"Early claim from me this year. c: ... Chestnut was just really eager to get to know everyone and share all the holes and stuff he's been making in trees lately." (source)

Artist:
Dama
ImageImage
" Nova "

● Dama confirms their dog's name is Nova. (source)

"She is kinda based on a species I'm creating for a fantasy novel so for obvious reasons I'm not going to go too in-depth with her story here ^^

'Similar to other dogs like her, Nova's task is to return stars to the sky when they have fallen to Earth.

When Nova was a pup, one particular star fell from the sky. Unfortunately, this star could not be easily returned to its home.

Nova was still too young to fulfill her tasks, and other complications meant she was the only one of the star-dogs left on Earth. She promised to help the star get back home as soon as she was able to. Since then, the two became inseperable.

Nova and the star developed a companionship; so much so that when Nova finally became an adult and could help the star get home, it chose to stay with her instead.

For many years after, the two worked together to return more and more stars than any star-dog before. All the while, Nova's promise to the star remained unfullfilled (a fact that she continued reminding it of as the years went by).

Eventually though, the star did agree to let Nova help it return home; with the promise that they would find each other again one day. With the star safely returned, the two parted ways knowing that they would eventually reunite.'

Nova went through so many design changes over the time that I was creating her that it started getting ridiculous lol. There were about 3 or 4 different versions that got more and more wacky each time. Eventually I decided on a more 'simple but effective' approach. With that in mind, this Nova was born c:" (source)

Artist:
Desmond
ImageImage
" Munin "

● Desmond confirms their dog's name is Munin. (source)

"Some things cannot be healed by dreams. Some things, hope cannot yet touch, because the healing needs to begin in the memory.

Within the changing world, wounds ran deeper into the souls and minds of mortals. They actively hurt one another, in ways that only they could invent, with intent to cause as much harm as possible. Caer and the Dream Carriers had tried for so long to help tend to the masses, but success had become a rare and precious event. So many had fallen, and so many would fall, still, if nothing changed.

Lir protected those who ventured into the deep, but had no presence on land. Soláthraí held to the ever-shrinking wilderness, but could only shield, not heal. Aidan cared for the dead, and the strange-but-sharp little Dorje prevented the manipulation of minds - including the hope borne of Carried Dreams.

Introducing hope where none remains would not work; like transplanting a lily into barren soil, the flower would die or be destroyed. But heal the earth, mend and nurture what is already there, and a seed could take root, and grow stronger and hardier, acclimated to the only conditions it knew.

Caer turned to The Creator, questioning, and received no answer.

Yet another worrying trend.

Forgotten deities faded in a very peculiar fashion, and Caer had watched others falter. Loss of power and influence tumbled into the loss of their voice within the realms of existence. They would then lose insight, blind to the mortal world, and then deafened by the silence of those who once exalted their names. And then, one day, their light would finally go out.

And with the Lord of Dreams darkened, fear and despair would flare.

Life would devolve into a period of suffering for the mortal coil.

Unsettled, Caer dreamed.

---

The sea roiled with the storm’s winds, waves biting at the coast as if trying to take a bite from the rock and sand. The sky flashed with lightning, and the clouds churned, threatening to spiral. White spray rose as if trying to meet the impending water spouts, meeting the torrential rain in a haze of confused water. Undeterred, a large, dark fin rose from the depths, then smoothly returned to the turbulent water, unremarkable were it not for the calm, steady nature of the motion within the chaos.

The storm was temporary, after all. Others would come just like it, but in the end, the clouds would pass, and the winds would die down. The water would calm under the clear sky, and life would go on. Peace was not a thing of the past. Remember?

The winds picked up as hail fell, the lightning branching down and striking at the waves, as if to further incite them into violence, and drown out memories of the serene coastline. Much longer, and the coast that remained would no longer be the same; the new beach would have only ever known the tempest.

A splash - controlled, commanding attention. Focus.

But no. No. There would always be something that remained. Nothing was ever truly destroyed, only displaced, or changed. Physical aspects do not, by themselves, create an identity.

And nothing is ever truly lost as long as it is never forgotten.

As if badly wounded, the storm’s intensity sharply fell, the winds reeling back from some unseen impact. The sky lightened, and the vast downpour became a squall.

A squall that would, given time, give way to a beautiful sunrise.

---

The worry within Caer did not recede, but hope had started to reawaken.

But the key wasn’t hope. Not this time. It was memory.

Caer turned to The Creator, even as the ancient being turned its attention to the Dreamer, radiating pride. Only one thing was said, a name that echoed in the Dream Realm:

Munin."
    (source)

Artist:
tarkeli
ImageImage
" Ahi Tipua "

● tarkeli confirms their dog's name is Ahi Tipua. (source)

"Clue #7(?): I'm from the south, but I'm not upside down. I do like fish, but they don't like my fiery crown." (source)

"...despite the name, his design concept didn't really have a whole lot to do with a volcano itself. Those hints were to help you get to the name. But, as he is from an island country, he loves the sea/nature, and islands are generally born from volcanic activity (or, earthquakes/geological things)..." (source)

Artist:
Tea.Time
ImageImage
" Terrion "

● Tea.Time confirms their dog's name is Terrion. (source)

"Terrion was the name i chose, but as far as back story, he doesnt really have one, he's just here to look pretty and be floofy" (source)

Artist:
Metallic Dragon
ImageImage
" Kobi "

● Metallic Dragon confirms their dog's name is Kobi. (source)

"This is Kobi, he is an Alaskan Klee Kai, and colored based on my dream pup. The AKK is often mistaken for a pomsky due to similarities in appearance, but the AKK breed is recognized by the UKC and breeds true as a pure breed.
    They come in three sizes: toy, mini, and standard and look like miniature Siberian huskies. (Hence why his pup stage was smaller than normal middle stage puppies)

I don't yet have an AKK of my own, I was planning on one next summer but then my Siberian husky Zyka kind of fell into our laps as a rescue, so my dream of owning one is back on hold for a few more years.

Anyway, my first thought when I saw the palette this year was to make a red klee kai since I'd been doing nothing for months but researching the breed and contacting recognized breeders. So within a few weeks, Kobi was born!
    I hope you all like him!"
    (source)

● Metallic Dragon answers a question about their dog:

xxQ: "If your outcome was a pokemon - what type would they be?"
    xxMetallic Dragon: "Fairy" (source)

Last edited by Magen on Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:16 am, edited 19 times in total.
Magen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Staff Dog Resource Guide: 2019 Cont.

Postby Magen » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:44 am

2019 Continued

Artist:
Nadine
ImageImage
" Lyra "

● Nadine confirms their dog's name is Lyra. (source)

"This is Lyra and she loves the stars. I enjoyed working with the palette this year and being able to try something new for this pup. I certainly strayed from my usual dog designs for some elements, while still using the same lineart I've used the last couple of years. I do hope you love her as much as I do!" (source)

Artist:
AquilaFuga
ImageImage
N/A

"Nyehehe y’all guessed it, today’s outcome is mine!

Apologies for not having more hints - I really am not as clever as all the other fiendish members of staff. My interests were indeed a lil’ pointer..."
    (source) Interests: "upping my eyeliner game"

Artist:
Raire
ImageImage
" Morn "

● Raire confirms their dog's name is Morn. (source)

● "A land of war.

Seemingly endless wastelands of scorched earth, with just hints of burned tree trunks - black and crisp, so the wind can chip away at them and the last memories of a home were soon be forgotten.

The land of war could barely remember what it felt like to feel cold and happy and sated and safe.

Sitting on top of a hill, Morn looked down at her home and made a promise right then and there to end this war and return peace to her land.

~

After years of endless sieges, ruthless attacks and more battles than a single soul can count, Morn got struck by their enemy and lost her sight.

With no chances of returning to the battlefield ever again, guilt and shame built up inside her.

It was then, that a soft whisper from above the clouds or below the sea or maybe within her soul told her to follow the scent of hope.

~

After going through barren wasteland for a seemingly endless amount of time, Morn immediately noticed once she was close to something else.
    It smelled almost wet and fresh - two smells that she didn't think would still exist in this world.

She almost got lost in the forest, tripping over plants and rocks, but found help in a little creature named Nyr who became her guide towards hope.

~

Her hope seemed to be a little dragon druid who managed to heal her battle wounds, but her hope was soon shattered, as they couldn't restore her sight.

What good did it do to keep on hoping now?
    Morn gave up.
    And then darkness consumed her.

~

Little did Morn know that the little dragon lived next to a god's shrine.
    A god who heard her heart's plea and cured all the darkness in return for a sacrifice.

Once she awoke, she could feel a sliver of magic remaining inside her as she looked around and could finally see again.

The sacrifice she had to give was to fulfill a promise.
    A promise to end this war and return peace to her land.

And as Morn returned to the land of war, her eyes burned as bright as her will to make this happen."
    (source)

● Raire answers some questions about their dog:

xxQ: "Does your pup have any worries? If so, what does it worry about?"
    xxRaire: "Finding a safe place and staying alive." (source)

xxQ: "If your pup had to choose from night or day, which would it pick?"
    xxRaire: "She is more of a night persona, that's when she truly shines." (source)

xxRaire: "My pup would be Ice/Fighting and surprise everyone by turning into Fire/Ghost." (source)

"Someone named my pup "Edgeworth" and I promised to explain why I thought it is fitting. I do know about the games, although I haven't played them myself and looked up this character again: "[Edgeworth] will fight tooth and nail for what he believes is the right thing to do" - this is Morn and this is why it fits" (source)

"My dog did have purple eyes (before she got the fire magicks, this was a troll hint)" (source)

"Someone found out about me saying last year that I'd like to make a multitailed dog. I neither confirmed not denied it, but instead trolled them with a story about how my plans backfired this year. I indeed planned a nine-tailed fox, but started my staff dog too late and couldn't pull it off. I am a bit sorry about this, but then again it is trolltember. >:3c" (source)

Artist:
Yugi
ImageImage
" Mariko "

● Yugi confirms their dog's name is Mariko.

"Mariko was my grandmother's name, and seeing that she was one of the first people to really encourage me to become an artist and overcome the "waterfall" that comes with learning how to draw, I think it would be lovely to name my first staff pet after her!"
    (source)

"I do want to encourage there to be more focus on the song Obstacles by Syd Matters, especially the lyrics present in it." (source)

"...it is true that my hints were also playing on the Japanese waterfall koi to dragon legend! It's a tale that I've been told by my own family when I was younger, and it's certainly a story that I hold close to my heart to this day..." (source)

"And in all, the analysis you provided for the second clue in the hidden image of Nishiki was a fantastic attempt; I was surprised at how much you researched into it! Unfortunately, the exact clue that's present in the image still has not been discovered yet and that pup isn't my outcome either.

I will say that it's definitely not character specific; while I'm a big fan of the Yakuza series, Nishiki's character/personality does not influence my dog's design ^o^ It's something that's purely visual and doesn't require research into anything else be put forth into it!"
    (source)

" (art) Yes! The little speckled pup that grew up into a koi princess is indeed my pup! ... The extra hint present in the image of Nishiki was primarily based on the positioning of his tattoo; most of the design present on my staff dog was predominantly featured on her back/backside! I am, however, very much amazed at how in depth many of you detectives went in discovering the additional hint; to be quite honest, a few discovered hints that were sent my way were absolutely phenomenal in their analysis of the image and gathered multiple other connections that I had not even thought about. Major kudos to all of the hard work you all have put into your detective work!" (source)

Artist:
katsue
ImageImage
" Rook "

● katsue confirms their dog's name is Rook. (source)

"So the first hint threw some people off, but it was a reference to the stories of the cryptid-ish creature called the Black Shuck, which is a large black dog with white (or red) eyes that is said to roam East Anglia in England. Most of you got the second hint correct; it was definitely leading you to Sirius, otherwise known as the Grim (hence the title of the chapter, "Grim Defeat"), another version of the Black Shuck creature. And lastly, Pavlov and the bell was a reference to this pups drooly look, which most of you connected quickly!" (source)

"I'm glad to see that some of you guys love my outcome as much as I do! He was super fun to make-- my main sources of inspo came from classic portrayals of cryptids like the Black Shuck and also a bit from my favorite pokemon, smeargle (hence the tail!)

also, his name is Rook!"
    (source)

Artist:
Saikiyo
ImageImage
N/A

● Saikiyo has not confirmed a name for their dog this year.

"I will say that my outcome isn't a tiger or any cat for that matter"
    (source)

● Saikiyo answers some questions about their dog:

xxQ: "Sakiyo, Does your pup have its head in the clouds, or on the ground?"
    xxSaikiyo: "Feet on the ground and eyes on the prize." (source)

xxQ: "What 3 words best describe your pups personality?"
    xxSaikiyo: "Curious, cunning and mischievous" (source)

xxQ: "Saikiyo, If your pup had to choose between chocolate or vanilla, which one would they choose and why?"
    xxSaikiyo: "Vanilla because chocolate is poisonous to dogs" (source)

Artist:
Solloby
ImageImage
" Casey "

● Solloby confirms their dog's name is Casey. (source)

● Solloby answers some questions about their dog:

xxQ: "Hmm....maybe if you tell us about pup's personality..."
    xxSolloby: "Well, my puppy is really adventurous and loves discovering secrets. They want to prove themselves because others did not believe in them. But soon they will succeed, I'm sure of it." (source)

Artist:
Bernouli
ImageImage
" Faraal "

● Bernouli confirms their dog's name is Faraal.
    "My dog's name is Faraal in case you guys wanted to know :U Also he can fly"
    (source)

"Mine is based on my three favorite things in Breath of the Wild, but mine is like a fan addition as a fourth thing if there were to be 4 things." (source)

"No story, he eastern dragon, he fly around, he be cool lol" (source)

Artist:
Vampiric
ImageImage
" O-Merus Advena "

● Vampiric confirms their dog's name is O-Merus Advena. "The name translates to 'Beach Stranger'." (source)

● Vampiric gradually leaves clues in their signature gifs, showing as a tech device sharing Log IDs, that form a story:
    xxFirst Log ID: 109066 -- ""The Beginning"" - post.
    xxSecond Log ID: 1973409 -- ""The Sky"" - post.
    xxThird Log ID: 116678394 -- ""Mishaps"" - post.
    xxFourth Log ID: 3652632 -- ""Passing the time"" - post.
    xxFifth Log ID: 102508764 -- ""Investigations"" - post.
    xxSixth Log ID: 17274761 -- ""The descent"" - post.
    xxSeventh Log ID: 2184503 -- ""One small step!"" - post.
    xxEighth Log ID: 10501258 -- ""Actual life!"" - post.
    xxNinth Log ID: 9199685 -- ""The Grove"" - post.
    xxTenth Log ID: 75630759 -- ""Something new"" - post.
    xxEleventh Log ID: 37830463 -- ""Immerse"" - post.
    xxTwelfth Log ID: 103594827 -- ""The herd"" - post.
    xxThirtenth Log ID: 126779621 -- ""Dinner time"" - post.
    xxFourteenth Log ID: 54804248 -- ""How to make friends"" - post.
    xxFifteenth Log ID: 90252471 -- ""To swim or not to swim"" - post.
    xxSixteenth Log ID: 127093480 -- ""The Beach Stranger"" - post.

"Also the whole pet is actually based on the crab existing. Interesting! Perhaps you should ask me why the crab is even there?" (source)

● Vampiric answers a question about their dog:

xxQ: "So... Why's the crab there?"
    xxVampiric: "December 10th, 2018
    I had a weird cs dream (nightmare really) In the dream, I had made my staff pet.

It was a crab.

But when the staff blanket released, my pet wasn't in it. It wasn't even set up as a growth in the blanket.
    I was furious, and I started berating Sorren about it in my dream. I then continued to be furious and yelled I was going to find Tess to fix it.

I then woke up.

Yes this genuinely happened. It's the sort of thing that I would have posted on the CS Dream/Nightmare thread but this was a year in preparation staff pet idea to include the crab purely for this reason and couldn't spoil it. I tried several designs incorporating crabs in some way before settling on an alien planet with crab-like creatures as part of the fauna. The staff pet became a predator of the crab-thing. The story you've been reading was mostly just for my own amusement and hopeful enjoyment of others :)"
    (source)

Artist:
EmberWolf
ImageImage
" Gailen "

"Its name is Gailen and it's a little shy!" (source)

● EmberWolf answers some questions about their dog:

xxQ: "Does your pup prefer the day or the nighttime?"
    xxEmberWolf: "I'd say the nighttime." (source)

xxQ: "Is it the cutest bestest pup in the world?"
    xxEmberWolf: "You're making him blush...." (source)

Artist:
Yağmur
ImageImage
N/A

Artist:
Zeena
ImageImage
" Scruffy "

"This is Scruffy, my mix-mash pupper. c:" (source)

"The facial markings don't really have any significance, I just thought he needed something on his face. xD
    Originally he was based off a fox and still has characteristics of fox-like markings so that's where the inspiration came from."
    (source)

Artist:
Coalchaser
N/A

Artist:
meveh
" Sesame "

meveh: "the lil shibe boi is indeed mine! I have named him Sesame. hope you guys like him, i had a blast participating in my first staff litter :D" (source)

● meveh answers some questions about their dog:

xxmeveh: (art) (source)

End of 2019 Staff Dogs

—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—

—•—•—•—•—

Continue Below to 2020 Staff Dogs

Last edited by Magen on Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:33 am, edited 24 times in total.
Magen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Staff Dog Resource Guide: 2020

Postby Magen » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:45 am

███ ███ ███ ███ ███

September Release
2020 Staff Litter Discussion Thread

33 Staff Members Participated:
Anouki -●- Anover -●- AquilaFuga -●- Bernouli -●- Berricuda -●- Burrito Bunny
Celozon -●- chevreuil -●- Dama -●- Desmond -●- Dia. -●- EmberWolf
Fiery Gatoh -●- katsue -●- Lacuna -●- Metallic Dragon -●- meveh -●- Nadine -●- paopu
Pi. -●- Raire -●- Saikiyo -●- Schuyler -●- Seasonal -●- Sixbane -●- Solloby
Vampiric -●- wolfbane. -●- WolfTales -●- Yağmur -●- Yugi -●- Zeena -●- Zelery

EmberWolf designed the newborn this year.

Artist:
Zeena
ImageImage
" Atlantica "

"Ahh you guys caught me! This is my dog Atlantica!

She's based on where the Atlantic and Indian ocean meet at the tip of South Africa. Most of my hints were hinting at the ocean in general, the lotus flower hint was more towards the Indian ocean since they're native to Asia (plus if I said she loves coral or seaweed, that would give her away very easily!)
    I really enjoyed making her this year and I hope you guys like her too! <3"
    (source)

● Zeena answers some questions about their dog:

xxQ: "If your pup could be friends with another animal (that isn't a dog), what would they pick?"
    xxZeena: "They would love to be friends with a jellyfish!" (source)

xxQ: "What’s your pup’s favourite flower?"
    xxZeena: "Probably a lotus c:" (source)

xxQ: "What does your pup smell like/of?"
    xxZeena: "Smells kinda like damp salty air." (source)

Artist:
Fiery Gatoh
ImageImage
" Cally Co "

"I've nicknamed her Cally Co :)" (source)

Artist:
Zelery
ImageImage
Name N/A

Artist:
katsue
ImageImage
" Crocus "

"I will reveal that my pups name is Crocus. As many have mentioned, they are themed after a poison dart frog! I had a lot of fun working with the palette this year. Thanks to all who found my hints! <3" (source)

● katsue answers some questions about their dog:

xxQ: "Does your dog go off of an animal of some sort like an "otter" or something?"
    xxkatsue: "it does have attributes from a different animal!" (source)

xxQ: "If your pup could be friends with another animal (that isn't a dog), what would they pick?"
    xxkatsue: "a pig :')" (source)

xxQ: "If your pup was a villain/antagonist, would they have a redemption arc?"
    xxkatsue: "No redemption arc. Their villainy would have started as self-defense or revenge and would not intend
    xxany real harm, but eventually, my pup would not be able to separate their villainous tendencies from their
    xxidentity." (source)

xxQ: "What kind of cheese do they like?"
    xxkatsue: "bleu cheese! yummm moldy cheese" (source)

xxQ: "Sooo would he be a fan of caves or dig sites?"
    xxkatsue: "hummm...i think they'd prefer to be above ground" (source)

Artist:
Anouki
ImageImage
" Keya "

"Aaah my first staff litter!
    I'm super excited ^-^"
    (source)

"My pup is called Keya!" (source)

"Keya is not a griffin tho, they are a peacock!
    This is why I had the ID of the UR peas in my team bio, because... peacock you know lol sorry
    The butterfly hint also led you to the peacock butterfly and lastly the aristotle quote as well.
    Peacocks have some feathers on their head which looks like a crown, which is why my puppy is wearing one!
    And since peacocks are native in India I decided to give them an Indian name and chose flowers native in India (Lotus, Lilies and Jasmine) as their favourite flowers.

Did you know peacock chicks are brown? Kind of like the pet I had in my signature for a few days 👀"
    (source)

● Anouki answers some questions about their dog:

xxQ: "What sort of role/archetype do you think your pup would take in a fantasy or sci-fi story?"
    xxAnouki: "I could see my pup as a Paladin, so a cross between a warrior and cleric! It would be actively defending
    xxthe weak by actively fighting using their sharp weapons, but would also have magical abbilities to heal others."
    xx(source)

xxQ: "What are your pups' favorite season?"
    xxAnouki: "I think my pup would enjoy spring and summer!" (source)

xxQ: "What mood/vibe do you get from this year’s colours?"
    xxAnouki: "An elegant summer evening." (source)

xxQ: "What kind of music would your pup listen to?"
    xxAnouki: "I feel like my pup would be into classical music, especially peaceful piano pieces." (source)

xxAnouki: "My pup would be friends with a butterfly!" (source)
    xxAnouki: "My pup's friend would indeed be a peacock butterfly!" (source)

xxAnouki: "Mine loves roses the most!
    xxLilies, Lotus flowers and Jasmine belong to their favorites as well tho!"(source)

Artist:
Schuyler
ImageImage
Unnamed

"Thank you! I really loved the palette this year and had so much fun playing around with it. <3

I'm not so much into the naming tradition. Sometimes names come to me, but this time I didn't think of one. So feel free to come up with your own name for them! c: Totally not going to name the one I own Usain Bolt now *shifty eyes*"
    (source)

"The game I was talking about was actually Okami. I don't think that really came across at all in the design, though, so I would have been extremely impressed if anyone had been able to make that connection, haha. The color hint that went along with that was for the eyes: red and white!

The other hints were referencing the stripes, which with how they came out ended up making me think of electricity / lightning bolts:
    Firefly = lightning bug
    Swimming would probably be a bad idea because, well, electricity
    Sprinting lightning fast
    Fire because I'm hopelessly obsessed with ATLA, which means lightning = fire in my mind
    Climbing the mountain because I have this image in mind of them just zipping straight to the peak like a bolt of lightning
    Lapis lazuli because ... honestly mostly just because it's my own favorite. :lol: But also the stripes and light patches reminded me a bit of the pyrite and calcite veins in lapis"
    (source)

● Schuyler answers some questions about their dog:

xxSchuyler: "I think mine would enjoy hanging out with a firefly." (source)

xxQ: "How would your pet like going swimming?"
    xxSchuyler: "I'm not sure swimming would be a great idea for them." (source)

xxQ: "What would your pups talent be?"
    xxSchuyler: "Sprinting super fast!" (source)

xxQ: "Which natural element would your pups most likely belong to?"
    xxSchuyler: "Probably fire" (source)

xxQ: "There's a piece of yummy food at the end of a tunnel and there are 3 ways to get to it.
    xx1. Would your pup travel through a dense, jungly undergrowth-like tunnel with lots of vines and plants and trees?
    xx2. Would they travel through a barren, icy tundra with cold, refreshing water and a LOT of snow?
    xx3. Would they travel up a jagged, steep mountain? (I mean that could be the easiest option if your pup could,
    xx ya know, fly?)"
    xxSchuyler: "I imagine they'd tackle the mountain." (source)

xxQ: "What’s their favourite gemstone?"
    xxSchuyler: "Gonna hijack this question and say my dog loves lapis lazuli.
    xxAnd totally not just because it's my own favorite stone." (source)

Artist:
AquilaFuga
ImageImage
Unnamed

"131 is actually my dog's age c;" (source)

"Yep, The Starry Night doggo is mine! I'm so so thrilled you guys like them as much as I do. Out of all my staff/gh litter designs, this is my favourite by a long shot!
    The palette screamed Starry Night at me from the beginning so I had to go with it. Well done to those of you who put my hints together, and also props to the people who guessed Starry Night based on the middle stage before I got a lot of my hints out! Although most of this has been commented on already, a quick run down:

• The tree featured is a cypress, painted by van Gogh during his time in France. The fact that I used a colour supposedly named Cyprus to point this hint out was a total coincidence!

• My group was supposed to indicate that my dog this year would have line edits like my cats - it was fun to try edits again after a few years without! A few of you noted the pointed ears v flops and the black/white CS tag which I suppose are also true.

• The Starry Night was painted in 1889, 131 years ago, hence my dog's "age".

• And lastly, this dog I posted a few hours ago was indeed dressed like the man himself ;D

Thanks so much for all your kind words and joining in with my hints! It’s been a blast :>"
    (source)

"I actually did not name them. I thought about it, but I can't personify them like that in my head. When I look at them, I just get unidentified/mysterious entity vibes...if that makes any sense. Perhaps it better fits the spirit of art and interpretation to let everyone come up with their own name anyways!" (source)

● AquilaFuga answers a question about their dog:

xxAquilaFuga: "A crow, perhaps." (source)

Artist:
paopu
ImageImage
" Puck "

"I'm so excited for you guys to see my first ever staff kid! Make sure to keep a close eye on them though - they can be a bit slippery!" (source)

"Good detective work! I didn't even have to make any Perry references. Yes this kiddos mine! Can't wait for you guys to see Puck's final form!" (source)

● paopu answers some questions about their dog:

xxQ: "What sort of role/archetype do you think your pup would take in a fantasy or sci-fi story?"
    xxpaopu: "To put it in ttrpg terms they'd be an alchemist that thinks they're a bard. They'd definitely be a comic
    xxrelief character type." (source)

xxQ: "Will you be using all of the colors in the palette for your pup?"
    xxpaopu: "They're all there - although you might think one is missing." (source)

xxpaopu: "Summer! They definitely prefer it warm." (source)

xxQ: "Is it a dog?"
    xxpaopu: "Not other than their original lines." (source)

xxQ: "Does your pup prefer rain or sun?"
    xxpaopu: "They prefer sun - rain always has a chance of lightning after all!" (source)

xxQ: "What pokemon type you think your puppy would be?"
    xxpaopu: "Poison/Psychic" (source)

xxpaopu: "They love it." (source)

xxpaopu: "Oh most certainly." (source)

xxQ: "If your pet were to choose a place to live where would they choose?"
    xxpaopu: "Somewhere warm, where it's summer all the time!" (source)

xxQ: "If your pet was an item of garbage what would they be and why?"
    xxpaopu: "An old hat! Hats can say a lot about a person after all!" (source)

xxpaopu: "Steven" (source)

xxQ: "How is your pup feeling, like, right now? right this second?"
    xxpaopu: "mischievous" (source)

Artist:
Dama
ImageImage
" Autumna "

"Her name is Autumna and she took a long time to make haha. I was originally quite stumped with the palette but also always knew I wanted to do something more autumn / wintery. Eventually she was born alongside a very small amount of info for a new canine-like species (which was my last hint). It grew on me a lot so I’d like to flesh it out more in the future ^^

Funnily enough yes my own pup, by pure coincidence, ended up in my signature. It’s the only outcome that grew into mine too so what are the odds? Haha. I knew as soon as it grew that I couldn’t change it without looking suspicious so she stayed!

I do hope you like her ^.^ <3"
    (source)

● Dama answers a question about their dog:

xxDama: "mine would smell musky, perhaps like damp earth after it’s been raining." (source)

Artist:
Berricuda
ImageImage
" Apricot "

"This little lady here is my pup! Her name is Apricot (which I believe someone did find the hint for that somewhere!)
    She does get more fluffy in her final form and I'm excited for you all to see her when she does. Her shoulder marking does change too, which is where the Flying half of her Pokemon type comes from even tho they .. aren't actual wings LOL"
    (source)

● Berricuda answers some questions about their dog:

xxBerricuda: "All colors are present on my outcome!
    xxThough, the blues may seem too hard to distinguish..." (source)

xxBerricuda: "Summer for sure." (source)

xxQ: "Is it a dog?"
    xxBerricuda: "Nope. Definitely not a squirrel in a trench coat... not at all......" (source)

xxBerricuda: "Sun! Rain only weighs her tail down" (source)

xxBerricuda: "Grass / Flying, for sure! Grass / Dark would be a close second.
    xx But she would definitely be some sort of Flying-type." (source)

xxBerricuda: "Not necessarily music, but mine definitely likes to listen to ambient sounds, like forests at night or
    xxwaterfalls." (source)

xxBerricuda: "Maybe a chipmunk ... or a squirrel ...." (source)

xxBerricuda: "Sunflowers!" (source)

xxQ: "If your pup could go into any "biome" on earth where would it be? (eg. mountains, rivers, plains, sky)"
    xxBerricuda: "Some sort of forest" (source)

xxQ: "If your pup could go back in time and change the past without any consequences, would they?
    xxIf so, what would they change?
    xxOne more: What is your pup’s favorite cartoon and character?"
    xxBerricuda: "Well, honestly... never thought that too far into her character
    xxso I can't properly answer the first one :")
    xxSecond one is definitely, 100% without a doubt,
    xx Squarepants & Sandy from Spongebob Squarepants" (source)

xxBerricuda: "I saw this question, had a good laugh to myself about my answer, and proceeded to get distracted.
    xxEither way. No. She wouldn't. Her motto for that would be:
    xxif you're gonna be the villain of a story, you better go all in.
    xxSure, she's typically the softy of the litter, but man, if she were the villain... there'd be a bunch of trouble...
    xxIt'd be funny because they wouldn't be the big "mad scientist" type traps or tricks, but things like...
    xxpeanut butter in your shoe." (source)

xxQ: "What kind of wings were you thinking of when you designed the dog, Berricuda?"
    xxBerricuda: "I have a bad habit of thinking of Katniss's mockingjay dress whenever I have to draw wings.
    xxSo I usually tend to try and do a similar shape, I guess lol. "Sharper" and thinner style, sleeker." (source)

Artist:
Raire
ImageImage
" Urbina & Valenti "

"Pretty sure Juniper and my pup are friends! <3" (source)

"Urbina is the pup and cheeky Valenti the bunny ^^
    This year I don't have a written story, just lots of lore in my head about those two."
    (source)

"I named my puppy and its bunny companion after Gabriel Urbina & Zach Valenti." (source: direct pm)

xxRaire: "Ice/Psychic" (source)

xxQ: "Does your pup like lots of hugs and love?"
    xxRaire: "Yes, he totally would. Grab a brush and have lots of patience, you'll need it." (source)

xxQ: "Does your pup have a favourite constellation?"
    xxRaire: "Alpha Leporis is amongst his favourites, also it is really hard to pick for him." (source)
    xxxxRaire: "I just mentioned "Alpha Leporis" as my pups' favourite, because this is the star & its constellation I
    xxxx used on my first staff dog. It was a nod back to the beginning, but my hints weren't supposed to lead to
    xxxx Phaer. Most of the hints were just generally galaxy themed." (source)

xxQ: "What is your pup's favorite color?
    xxWhat HP house would they be sorted into?
    xxWhat is their favorite shape?
    xxWhat do they do to relax?"
    xxRaire: "His favourite colour is in fact all the colours, how they blend together and create a
    xxwhole other universe.
    xxRavenclaw.
    xxSpheres.
    xxWaiting for nightfall and watching."(source)
    xxxxRaire: "Way simpler. What colour is the universe? All of them. :P
    xxxxI thought about telling you my pups' favourite gemstone (opal) for the same reason,
    xxxxbut decided against it." (source)
    xxxxRaire: "Ravenclaw wasn't meant to lead to anything really, I just picked it, because a galaxy theme with
    xxxxastrology/divination lessons in mind fits the best for Ravenclaw students.
    xxxxIntelligence, creativity, wit and I actually thought about mentioning that my puppy likes
    xxxxastrology/divination the most, but thought it would be a bit too obvious back then." (source)
    xxxxRaire: "Planets are spherical, that is why my puppy likes spherical shapes the most." (source)

xxRaire: "Seems like he already got a furry friend. Has even longer ears, but thinner,
    xxand the nose is wiggling all the time. :)" (source)

xxRaire: "Tufted saxifrage" (source)

xxQ: "If your pup could go into any "biome" on earth where would it be? (eg. mountains, rivers, plains, sky)"
    xxRaire: "Wherever his favourite flower grows." (source)

xxRaire: "Very bad idea." (source)

xxRaire: "Like raspberry and rum." (source)
    xxxxRaire: "The smell hint was directly about the Milky Way itself, not the chocolate bar, haha.
    xxxx(Basically, the Milky Way smells of rum and tastes like raspberries due to a chemical
    xxxxcalled ethyl formate)" (source)

xxQ: "Hey Raire... that a cup bunny?"
    xxRaire: "Not quite, I did change it slightly, but it is in fact a nod to the start of my pixel adventure.
    xxHm yes, they might look slightly more interesting on a darker background. ;)" (source)

"I don't think I mentioned it yet, but I wanted to say 'thank you' to EmberWolf for letting me use the newborn blanket design for my staff pup. <3" (source)

"it's no secret that every pet I ever designed has a bunny somewhere." (source)

Artist:
Solloby
ImageImage
" Elora "

"I think I'll name my puppy "Elora"." (source)

"Elora is Flutter's cousin and they live in the forest together c:" (source)

Artist:
Lacuna
ImageImage
" Nerine "

"I love Juniper! A friend to my outcome, but not what you'd expect." (source)

"I'm not sure I ever released this name (Nerine) before now, but here it is! My most edited pet ever, and quite a challenge. I'm proud of it though!" (source)

Artist:
Seasonal
ImageImage
" Cheyenne "

"Her name is Cheyenne. c:

And I guess I'll post my hints as well for those who followed them! I try to keep them relatively simple so that you guys can narrow down the choices. I'm also not very creative and I'd probably make something more confusing than fun.

On my trading thread I wrote, "I think I'll do something different this year!" This referred to my pup having a long tail; I've done curly tails every year before. I had it there for a few days but no one seemed to notice, so I added another hint, "It's right under your noses" because I have a link to my trade thread in my signature, right under my post. Then I said that my pup was either teal or light blue as its base color. I like to try and pick a base color that other artists haven't used as much because I think it's really cool to see how many different things can come out of the same palette. Sarluna did a great job at narrowing my pup down.

I don't usually do edits - I'm not really an artist, so I try to stay within my limits. I have to say that I am really happy with how my outcome turned out this year; it's definitely the one I'm most proud of. I'm so happy that you guys like her ♥"
    (source)

Artist:
Nadine
ImageImage
" Stella "

"Hmm, I wonder if my pup can go stargazing tonight? I’ll have to check if the skies will be clear." (source)

"You've caught me, this is indeed my dog! I loved working with this palette and the tail edit has to be one of my favorites out of any that I've done in the past, I'm so glad to see others really like the tail too." (source)

● Nadine answers a question about their dog:

xxQ: "Fantasy / sci-fi / rpg archetype of your pup? Or really, any archetype in general?"
    xxNadine: "I don't really have an archetype for my dog. But I will say that it might share one or more
    xxcharacteristics from my previous dogs." (source)

● Nadine named their pup Stella. (source)

Last edited by Magen on Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:18 pm, edited 38 times in total.
Magen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Staff Dog Resource Guide: 2020 Cont.

Postby Magen » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:45 am

2020 Continued

Artist:
chevreuil
ImageImage
" Pella "

"That's my pup. :) Their (they/them) name is Pella." (source)

● chevreuil answers some questions about their dog:

xxchevreuil: "A temperate forest." (source)

xxchevreuil: "Cornflowers" (source)

xxQ: "How does your pup sleep at night?"
    xxchevreuil: "In an upright position." (source)

xxQ: "How would your puppy react to going on a camping trip?"
    xxchevreuil: "They would blend in with their surroundings." (source)

xxchevreuil: "They cannot swim. :(" (source)

xxQ: "How does your pup smell?"
    xxchevreuil: "My pup may have a nose, but they don't need it to "smell". ; D" (source)

Artist:
Dia.
ImageImage
" Juniper "

"I do really hate to be late. :/
    Maybe my pup would too...."
    (source)

"Juniper is my fifth(!) staff litter outcome. Hope you all like her <3" (source)

Artist:
WolfTales
ImageImage
" Ichabod "

"Thank you! I'm glad people enjoy them!
    As for their name it's Ichabod!"
    (source)

Artist:
Yağmur
ImageImage
" Sin "

"This is my dog! I didn't drop any hints this time mostly because I didn't have anything and I figured most people could kinda tell from the puppy stage.

I don't have a name for them yet, if anyone has any suggestions I am all ears."
    (source)

"I really like Sin, makes me think of Spirited Away!

Thanks everyone for the names!"
    (source)

Artist:
meveh
ImageImage
" Layl & Uri "

"This one is indeed mine! c: Meet Layl (Lynx) and Uri (Bird).

Layl's name means "Night". They are a mix between an Iberian and Eurasian Lynx.They're quite shy and enjoyed a life of solitude before they made friends with Uri.
    (image) x (image)

Uri's name means "my flame, my light". He is a serin.
    (image)

I had such a nice time participating this year. Thanks everyone for playing along and guessing!! <3"
    (source)

● meveh answers some questions about their dog:

xxmeveh: "Mage, mysterious quiet type" (source)

xxmeveh: "Mage, mysterious quiet type" (source)

xxmeveh: "Mine does not use all of the colors" (source)

xxmeveh: "Winter" (source)

xxmeveh: "They prefer a balance of both!" (source)

xxmeveh: "Ghost/Ice" (source)

xxmeveh: "Nope" (source)

xxmeveh: "mine would be friends with a bird!" (source)

xxmeveh: "Amber! Beautiful little time capsules" (source)

xxQ: "Who's the goodest boye?"
    xxmeveh: "My pup would say, "Uri"!" (source)

Artist:
Desmond
ImageImage
" Rian "

"Rian is based off of the vaquita, the world’s smallest and rarest porpoise, living only in the Sea of Cortez in Baja California. There’s less than two dozen left, by most estimates, because they get caught in fishing nets as by-catch for shrimp and the similarly threatened totoaba fish. The Mexican government has protections in place for the vaquita, but they tend to go unenforced.

This year, we lost one of the leading conservationists protecting the vaquita to the virus, Paco Valverde. It’s a big loss and honestly pushed me to go this route with my pet this year, despite having already done a cetacean last year.

The only hints that probably need explaining are “To catch glimpse of the future, look to the past. But take care, for it may soon be gone forever.” and DISAPPEARING - both reference to how we are within months or years of losing the vaquita forever, and the first one also points to Munin… a fellow cetacean-type."
    (source)

Every once in a while, a dream - well-loved and nurtured, and with a little spark of power - can go beyond the realm of dreams, and enter reality. Mortals tend to bring forth actions; lifestyles, new homes, places visited and activities enjoyed. The power of the Dreamer, however, has unusual reaches... (read whole story here)

"I'd already done an adult cetacean, and size-wise... Rian is about 4.5-5' long, compared to Munin's 21'+. It makes more sense, lol.
    I do prefer to use the adult lines for the staff litter, but if it makes more sense to stop at the pup lines, I'm not going to argue with the art and end up with an outcome I don't like. ^^;"
    (source)

● Desmond answers some questions about their dog:

xxQ: "What kind of dessert does your pup like? What's their favorite movie?"
    xxDesmond: "Frozen berries - or just slightly defrosted, I think, would suit them,
    xxthough they're not much of a dessert-eater.
    xxAs for movies... uh, I haven't seen a movie in a long time. So I don't know an answer for that one." (source)

xxQ: "What’s the one (or more?) thing your pup would bring to a deserted island?"
    xxDesmond: "There'd honestly be no need for anything. I guess rope might be helpful? But... not necessary." (source)

xxQ: "If you woke up in the body of your pup tomorrow, how long would it take to get the hang of walking normally?
    xxHow often would you bump into things? :)"
    xxDesmond: "... I run into doors and counters regularly as it is. It'd be a "please send help" kind of situation." (source)

xxQ: "What is your pup's favorite color?
    xxWhat HP house would they be sorted into?
    xxWhat is their favorite shape?
    xxWhat do they do to relax?"
    xxDesmond: "1. Grey/silver.
    xx2. Probably Gryffindor, but not out of foolish bravery - mainly selflessness and courage.
    xx3. Oval
    xx4. Uh. Hang out in the water...? I guess...? I didn't think about that. ID" (source)

xxQ: "How tall is your pup irl?"
    xxDesmond: "I won't give exact measurements... But small. A strong human would probably be able to
    xxcarry them, if both parties were willing." (source)

xxDesmond: "General approval." (source)

Artist:
Metallic Dragon
ImageImage
" Amalthea "

"I think this one is my favorite staff pet I've ever made tbh. I hope they're loved by y'all as much as I love them." (source)

"Mine is quite solitary" (source)

● ""I have been mortal, and some part of me is mortal yet. I am full of tears and hunger and the fear of death, although I cannot weep, and I want nothing, and I cannot die. I am not like the others now, for no unicorn was ever born who could regret, but I do. I regret."

Indeed the unicorn is my pup! I had a lot of fun with this palette and she truly is my favorite staff dog I've ever made! I hope that you all enjoy her and that you're excited to see her grow!" (source)

"She's Amalthea, named after the sweet Lady Amalthea from The Last Unicorn" (source)

● Metallic Dragon answers some questions about their dog:

xxMetallic Dragon: "Old stuff, like gregorian chant kind of old. And occasionally dubstep" (source)

xxMetallic Dragon: "No" (source)

xxQ: "If you woke up in the body of your pup tomorrow, how long would it take to get the hang of walking normally?
    xxHow often would you bump into things? :)"
    xxMetallic Dragon: "I'd probably trip a lot and also might cause some serious injuries to others if I wasn't careful" (source)

xxMetallic Dragon: "A butterfly
    xxMaybe a cat too" (source)

Artist:
Saikiyo
ImageImage
" Actaeon "

● User investigator: "On Discord, I stated that I thought this was Saikiyo’s dog, and Saikiyo responded:"

"I call him Actaeon"

I did a bit more research and came up with this:

this is probably what the tie in is - An element of the earlier myth made Actaeon the familiar hunting companion of Artemis

He fell to the fatal wrath of Artemis,[3] but the surviving details of his transgression vary: "the only certainty is in what Aktaion suffered, his pathos, and what Artemis did: the hunter became the hunted; he was transformed into a stag, and his raging hounds, struck with a 'wolf's frenzy' (Lyssa), tore him apart as they would a stag

Saikiyo’s response:
    "Yep, you got it"
    (source)

"Who here likes mythology? I sure do" (source)

"While Loki is my favorite mythical deity he is from the wrong pantheon ;0" (source)

Artist:
Bernouli
ImageImage
Name N/A

● Bernouli answers some questions about their dog:

xxQ: "What would your pups talent be?"
    xxBernouli: "Eat fifty eggs. Did you ever eat fifty eggs? Nobody ever eat fifty eggs.
    xxMy boy says he can eat fifty eggs, he can eat fifty eggs. A hour." (source)

xxBernouli: "Fresh dirt and incense" (source)

Artist:
Celozon
ImageImage
Unnamed

"I don't normally name mine but feel free to name them yourself.

I had a bit of a tough time deciding what I wanted to do for this pallet, and eventually settled on this. This whole design idea was not something I've ever done before, so I probably worked on this twice as long just trying to make it exactly right. Anyway, what I'm trying to say is, I'm glad you all like it!

I did briefly mention in the discord, but not as an official hint so I never posted it here, that technically it was sort of inspired by a game (someone asked if it was based off of a game since I tend to do pixel). And yes, I did get some inspiration from the Waterfall location in Undertale! Thats my absolute favorite location in the game and while I was messing around with ideas I realized the pallet fit it very well and went with it <3"
    (source)

● Celozon answers some questions about their dog:

xxQ: "Is your pup big on accessories?"
    xxCelozon: "Not particularly. They prefer to keep things pretty basic." (source)

xxQ: "Hmm is your pup closely related to another animal? :o"
    xxCelozon: "They are not related to another animal themself, but they do have at least one animal friend." (source)

xxQ: "What’s the one (or more?) thing your pup would bring to a deserted island?"
    xxCelozon: "Probably fresh water or something to filter water with." (source)

xxQ: "How does your pup defend itself from predators?"
    xxCelozon: "Camouflage. Not really the type to fight." (source)

xxQ: "Which natural element would your pups most likely belong to??"
    xxCelozon: "Definitely earth." (source)

xxQ: "There's a piece of yummy food at the end of a tunnel and there are 3 ways to get to it.
    xx1. Would your pup travel through a dense, jungly undergrowth-like tunnel with lots of vines and plants and trees?
    xx2. Would they travel through a barren, icy tundra with cold, refreshing water and a LOT of snow?
    xx3. Would they travel up a jagged, steep mountain? (i mean that could be the easiest option if your pup could,
    xxya know, fly?)"
    xxCelozon: "The first one! Very aesthetic." (source)

Artist:
Yugi
ImageImage
" Kaoru "

"They were heavily inspired by my family, similarly to my staff dog, Mariko, from last year. Growing up in a Japanese-American household, both the Western and Chinese Zodiacs played a big role for my family. It was difficult to combine all of the numerous zodiacs that made up my family into a singular pet's design, so I decided to pick a couple to focus on. Her base design is inspired by the Rooster and Aries signs, with a Taurus/Ox and Dragon/Pisces inspired masks.

Her name is Kaoru, after my late grandfather, who was quite the stubborn Rooster himself ^^ Though, her nickname is Ai, which roughly translates to affection in Japanese!"
    (source)

"...the lucky number 3 does play a role in my outcome! However, their eyes does not symbolize it." (source)

● Yugi answers some questions about their dog:

xxYugi: "Winter, as it's the best time to see the stars" (source)

xxYugi: "She would likely prefer the rain, at least as long as it doesn't continue late into the night" (source)

xxYugi: "Mmmm, probably a dual-typing like Fairy/Dark!" (source)

xxYugi: "Honeysuckle" (source)

xxYugi: "She would likely prefer to be in the sky so she could be closer to the stars and constellations" (source)

xxYugi: "It'd be a difficult choice, but she'd likely choose to befriend an ox." (source)

xxYugi: "I don't think she'd be all that great at it unfortunately. Either way, she wouldn't want to accidentally get her
    xxfur dirtied!" (source)

Artist:
Sixbane
ImageImage
" Eridanus "

"Her name is Eridanus, the constellation of the celestial river
    Ancient and wise, she's seen many powerful come and go in her time, from empires to gods and much in between. She's ever hopeful for the future, and what experiences it may bring."
    (source)

"They always have dreams about falling!" (source)

● Sixbane answers some questions about their dog:

xxSixbane: "Also a mage of some sort! Perhaps healer..." (source)

xxQ: "What's your pups' favorite season?"
    xxSixbane: "Spring" (source)

xxSixbane: "Sun!" (source)

xxSixbane: "Water" (source)

xxSixbane: "No, probably not" (source)

Artist:
Anover
ImageImage
" Fen "

"I've been calling them Fen ^^" (source)

"Glad you guys like Fen I had a lot of fun designing them!! They weren't based on anything in particular I just fancied making a pet with a water feature so they don't have a backstory I'm afraid, feel free to make something up if you'd like though! c:" (source)

Artist:
EmberWolf
ImageImage
" Rodney "

"Hey y'all, this is Rodney!

Some of you did great linking my hints to this guy. I am officially claiming this as mine! He's a very fancy lad and obviously enjoys gold and shiny. And it's gotta be real gold - if there isn't real gold woven into that fabric, he doesn't want it. Nothing but the best for Rodney!

This was a very fun color palette to work with this year :^)"
    (source)

Artist:
Burrito Bunny
ImageImage
" Caspian "

"This is indeed my dog! His name is Caspian.

I'm glad people seem to like him! ^^"
    (source)

● Burrito Bunny answers some questions about their dog:

xxCaspian: "Hey! It's not nice to judge - oh, it's just a hypothetical. Hmph. Well, yes I'd like to think so. I'm pretty
    xxreasonable. But ya know. Villains usually depends on your perspective. I don't see eye to eye with many."
    (source)

xxQ: "What would your pups zodiac sign be?"
    xxBurrito Bunny: "Pisces!" (source)

xxQ: "How does your pup defend itself from predators?"
    xxBurrito Bunny: "I don't think my pup would be very good at that. Must be why he makes a change..." (source)

xxCaspian: "Hmmm... pearls! They're so smooth! Do those count?" (source)

Artist:
Pi.
Name N/A

Artist:
Vampiric
Name N/A

Artist:
Doglike
" Yu Wenlan! (余文兰) "

"Everyone, please say hello to Yu Wenlan! (余文兰)

[Yu is a common Chinese surname, and Wenlan means cultured flower / cultured orchid!]
    This little eastern dragon stems from my love and experience with the Chinese culture, albeit a very limited experience. I had taken quite a few Chinese courses during high school and this is what my teacher named me: Yu Wenlan.

I don't have much lore around surrounding this little friend so feel free to conjure up your own.

Here's my analysis of all the hints gathered! I hope you all had fun figuring this little friend out!"
    (source with hints)

● Doglike answers some questions about their dog:

xxQ: "What would your pups zodiac sign be?"
    xxDoglike: "Probably a Capricorn, or Capricorn-Aquarius cusp!" (source)

xxQ: "1. Does your pup have anything in common with fruit, vegetable or mineral?
    xx2. Does your pup have a sordid past with others or is he/she fairly easy to get along with?
    xx3. If your pup could be considered "human", what job would it have, if any?"
    xxDoglike: "1. Not particularly, no!
    xx2. I would like to say they're an amicable pup to get along with, if perhaps a bit shy.
    xx3. Something that involves doing a lot of tasks quickly and well, perhaps something akin to an accountant :)" (source)

xxDoglike: "Incense!" (source)

End of 2020 Staff Dogs

—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—

—•—•—•—•—

Continue Below to 2021 Staff Dogs

Last edited by Magen on Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:02 pm, edited 32 times in total.
Magen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Staff Dog Resource Guide: 2021

Postby Magen » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:46 am

███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███

September Release
2021 Staff Litter Discussion Thread

33 Staff Members Participated:
Aaron✦ -●- Anouki -●- Anover -●- AquilaFuga -●- Berricuda -●- Burrito Bunny
Celozon -●- Dama -●- Desmond -●- Dia. -●- Doglike -●- EmberWolf
Fiery Gatoh -●- Kazin -●- Koikee -●- Lacuna -●- Metallic Dragon -●- Nadine -●- Pi.
Raire -●- reynard -●- Saikiyo -●- Schnuffel Bunny -●- Schuyler -●- Seasonal -●- Shy
Sixbane -●- Solloby -●- Vampiric -●- xem -●- Yağmur -●- Yugi -●- Zeena

Koikee designed the newborn this year.

Artist:
Zeena
ImageImage
" Queen Azra "

"This is Azra (or Queen Azra if you prefer). c:

I love big cats so I've adored The Lion King for as long as I can remember. Seeing the palette I was inspired from the movie (or in this case also from the TV show) to add a little royalty mark. I had a lot of fun creating her this year so I hope you guys enjoy her! <3"
    (source)

● Zeena answers some questions about their dog:

xxQ: "Does your pup remind you of yourself?"
    xxZeena: "I guess in a way? I always add something to my staff dogs that are hints of things I enjoy, and this year
    xxprobably has a slightly heavier hint to it c:" (source)

xxQ: "How old is your outcome? Either in years or just general age-range?"
    xxZeena: "Very old :p" (source)

xxQ: "How would other people, who don't know them, describe your outcome's personality?"
    xxZeena: "Might appear a bit cold at first but they're super relaxed and really enjoy being social with others since
    xxthey generally don't get a lot of social time" (source)

xxQ: "What's their favourite food / drink / consumable?"
    xxZeena: "Has a preference for exotic fruits" (source)

xxQ: "Do they have a prefered piece of clothing? Something they really enjoy wearing (even if it's not depicted on your
    xxactual outcome)."
    xxZeena: "They adore shawls and gowns" (source)

Artist:
Sixbane
ImageImage
" Xeno "

"For my last staff pup I mostly just did my favorite design elements, for this kid I wanted to do something near and dear to my heart instead- so I took some inspiration from the old sci-fi horror genre (Since that was where my love of scary movies/games today started!) Mixing bio-mechanical themes, otherworldly beings, and traditional space/spaceship vibes.

IN homage to that era I've been calling him Xeno (Why should be pretty straightforward); He's a bit of a loner who can be pretty putoffish, but he loves to discover new things and learn, and probably is secretly a bit of a softy."
    (source)

● Sixbane answers some questions about their dog:

xxQ: "Have you ever done a design similar to this one?"
    xxSixbane: "Don't think so! The inspiration for it is something I haven't done before, though it wont be out of line
    xx with one of my theme vibes" (source)

xxQ: "How would you describe the personality of your outcome?"
    xxSixbane: "He's pretty grouchy! Probably because he's not really from around here, but he's certainly got some
    xxsharp edges" (source)

Artist:
reynard
ImageImage
N/A

"You’re right: this year, I gave you my heart! This dog is full of things that I enjoy or are personal to me.
    Some of the things are easier than others, so I’ll go through quick, from head to toe.

The face marking: it’s the pattern of the stones on my grandmothers ring. My grandma also used to teach me to doodle lines like this when I was feeling the need to fidget.
    horseshoe: I grew up working with horses, used to own, and still love them a lot.
    crown: my favorite band, Fall Out Boy. Their symbol is a crowned volcano.
    gavel: a symbol often associated with my profession!
    shamrock: im of strong irish descent, and lived in Ireland for a few months.
    I <3 NY: as mentioned, I am from NY.
    Cancer symbol: I am in fact a Cancer.
    19: my favorite athletes number (also my favorite sport)
    Paw print: not only does it match Nads and Berri, it represents my wonderful pup.
    Card suit: I do in fact collect decks of cards!
    Three Stars and Two Strips: the flag of my favorite city in the world, Washington DC.

The date is also meaningful. This pup grew on my wedding anniversary. :)"
    (source)

"I actually used all the colors this year lol." (source)

"I picked my outcomes growth date." (source)

● reynard answers some questions about their dog:

xxreynard: "Heart on its sleeve." (source)

xxQ: "How long did it take you to design yours?"
    xxreynard: "I had it in mind for a few months and consulted some friends about my idea, but actually put thoughts
    xxand concepts to paper in early August and was able to finish over two drawing sessions." (source)

xxreynard: "You could say that." (source)

xxreynard: "Bright-eyed and fresh to the real world." (source)

xxQ: "How would other people, who don't know them, describe your outcome's personality?"
    xxreynard: "Not sure actually. Chaotic?" (source)

xxreynard: "Artichokes or Blue Claw Crab." (source)

xxQ: "Do they have a prefered piece of clothing? Something they really enjoy wearing (even if it's not depicted on your
    xxactual outcome)."
    xxreynard: "Band Merch, quarter zips, and cozy hooded sweatshirts. Also rocks the backward baseball cap a lot."
    xx(source)

xxQ: "Can someone refresh me on how they're all connected?"
    xxreynard: "all of them have pawprints as a tribute to our RL pets :)" (source)

Artist:
AquilaFuga
ImageImage
Unnamed

"Glad you guys like ‘em! I went for something simple but fun this year." (source)

● AquilaFuga answers a question about their dog:

xxQ: "Does your pup have a name?"
    xxAquilaFuga: "No, I didn't name my outcome. ^^" (source)

Artist:
Aaron✦
ImageImage
" Four "

"This is indeed my pet, and its' name is Four!
    I wasn't attempting to obfuscate with my style, so I'm kind of surprised you find it to be totally different, haha.

30ish years really just refers to the fact that the monitor is a 90s style monitor, so, 30ish years old.

I don't have a whole lot to say about it to be honest, but thank you all for the compliments! I'm glad you like it. I saw Cyrinus say it reminded them of Saga, and that was absolutely an inspiration lol."
    (source)

● Aaron✦ answers some questions about their dog:

xxAaron✦: "No, this is my first... "dog" >:)" (source)

xxAaron✦: "I posted my first draft in April, and my final at the end of August. I knew what I wanted to do quite
    xxquickly, it was just a case of getting it down!" (source)

xxAaron✦: "30ish" (source)

xxAaron✦: "None, please don't offer it any D:" (source)

● Just a cool little extra bit about Aaron✦'s dog is the adult line didn't grow on rollover (on time) but rather a little bit later than expected. (source) Users referred to this as a happy glitchy accident to match the theme.

Artist:
Shy
ImageImage
" Mirrix "

"first time on the other side of the fence, I will be leaving hints B)" (source)

"This is Mirrix (a translation of "Mars"), but you can call them whatever you want. Thanks for playing along with my hints! 👽" (source)

"first time on the other side of the fence, I will be leaving hints B)" (source)

● Shy answers some questions about their dog:

xxShy: "It took me an unnecessarily long time to decide how to use the colors in the palette... so definitely a few
    xxhours." (source)

xxShy: "I'd have to say no on this one :')" (source)

xxQ: "Which season is your dogs favorite?"
    xxShy: "they definitely prefer winter, most temperatures are too warm for them." (source)

Artist:
Pi.
ImageImage
Unnamed

"My pup does not have a name! Feel free to call them whatever you want haha" (source)

Artist:
Metallic Dragon
ImageImage
Unnamed

"Mine can be named whatever you all choose. I haven't named it personally" (source)

"...thank you everyone for your kind words c: I struggled with how I wanted to incorporate the bright colors this year as, while I immediately thought of doing a snow leopard, I still wanted to include a touch of color.
    At first she had just a sheer scarf and her flower that contained the colors, but I wasn't very happy with it. I tried removing the scarf, but then she was just so very grey. So I decided to give her those bright colors in her spots which I feel bright her some life and tied in her flower nicely.

She doesn't have a name, but I imagine her having decided that the cold mountainous tundra where she was born was too dull, so she up and headed somewhere tropical and probably is good friends with my tiger as a result of her adventures"
    (source)

"...you guys are more than welcome to name her whatever you'd like C: I personally called the one in my collection Florence" (source)

● Metallic Dragon answers some questions about their dog:

xxQ: "Does your pup prefer daytime or nighttime?"
    xxMetallic Dragon: "I'll answer this one for my outcome c: mine prefers neither c:" (source)

xxQ: "How many days ago did you guys finish your pup & fully grown outcome designs?"
    xxMetallic Dragon: "My pup was done in April. Adult was mostly done then too, but I updated some stuff on it last
    xxmonth because I didn't like it" (source)

xxMetallic Dragon: "About 8 years old." (source)

xxMetallic Dragon: "A little chilly, decisive, but also can be fun to be around." (source)

xxMetallic Dragon: "If they can find it, they will try to eat it" (source)

xxQ: "Do they have a preferred piece of clothing?"
    xxMetallic Dragon: "Yes." (source)

xxMetallic Dragon: "Not long, as soon as I saw the palette I knew what I wanted to do" (source)

xxMetallic Dragon: "I mean sort of but not really" (source)

xxQ: "What is your pup’s favorite holiday?"
    xxMetallic Dragon: "Is there a holiday where everyone brings them snacks?" (source)

xxQ: "Does your outcome have great eyesight? Can they see better during the day or at night?"
    xxMetallic Dragon: "Yeah pretty good, and no" (source)

Artist:
Doglike
ImageImage
Unnamed

"So it looks like my hint is still a little obscure, so I have written a riddle for you!

My siblings think thrice, or sometimes forever
    But we prefer to depend on two
    The Illiad, Prometheus, heroic endeavors
    Scales of magenta, viridescent, and robin egg blues
    " (source)

"I don't have one of my own that's grown just yet, and I don't have a name or dress-up to suit them yet either,
    but I will provide that here once I do!

As for the analysis of my riddle, some of you did well, others were a bit off... that's the fun of it :)

My siblings think thrice, or sometimes forever
    Referring to the fact that the chimera is related to Cerberus (three heads) and the Hydra (multiple heads/infinite heads)

But we prefer to depend on two
    Even though the snake is technically a third head, I like to think it's just using the two

The Illiad, Prometheus, heroic endeavors
    The Illiad is where the chimera hails from, and Prometheus is referencing the fact that the chimera breathes
    fire--threw you for a loop with that one ;)
    Heroic endeavors ties back to the mythological roots

Scales of magenta, viridescent, and robin egg blues
    Refers to the wings of the adult growth and the snake on the pup!

Thank you all for participating in guessing this friend!"
    (source)

Artist:
Dama
ImageImage
" Rune "

"She’s fittingly named Rune. She’s a quiet dog but jumps at every opportunity to explore - particularly old and ancient buildings and structures.
    Admittedly I struggled for a concept this time, so she’s quite simple in comparison to previous years - but I still love her :D"
    (source)

Artist:
Anouki
ImageImage
N/A

Artist:
Nadine
ImageImage
" Pear "

● Nadine answers some questions about their dog:

xxNadine: "Probably fall, the spookiest time of year" (source)

xxQ: "Is your pup full of energy or has a more mellow personality?"
    xxNadine: "I'd say pretty mellow, though I guess it really depends on what's going on." (source)

xxQ: "Is your pup an omnivore, carnivore, or herbivore?"
    xxNadine: "My pup likes anything tasty" (source)

xxQ: "Does your pup like to cuddle or prefer to be left alone more?"
    xxNadine: "Cuddling, definitely cuddling" (source)

Artist:
Lacuna
ImageImage
" Iyleen "

"Jax and Iyleen are two humanoid characters I created several years ago and built a sci-fi world for where humans had stolen alien nano-tech, used it to make cyborgs, and then had to send out explorers to beg forgiveness and ask for help when it started poisoning them. Jax is a cyborg, and Iyleen is a humanoid construct made by the aliens, neither responsible for what transpired but both affected by it. They fall in love in love (as I am a sap) and eventually do end up saving the world and all that good stuff. I am not sharing the full story here because it’s not written yet, but I do have this piece I wrote which was intended to be set in the darkest time in their relationship, where they were separated and hopeless.

The reflection of the planets on the pup (Jax’s) helmet while the adult outcome is integrated with them indicates the distance between them, and their hope to someday be reunited across space and time. My hint with the negative number was Iyleen and two years ago (in days) to mean my dog from two years ago and their distance as well. The code could be solved to be a Spotify link to the song Ghost Assassin by Maduk ft. Veela (which I know is about a video game or something but I love it very much without that context and have always associated it with this story)."
    (source)

● Lacuna answers some questions about their dog:

xxLacuna: "What are seasons?" (source)

xxQ: "Is Lyleen your pup’s name?"
    xxLacuna: "It's actually Iyleen (with an i) pronounced like Eileen. I didn't realize CS's font would make it so hard to
    xxread, lol." (source)

xxQ: "Does your pup use all the colors in the palette?"
    xxLacuna: "Technically, yes." (source)

Artist:
Kazin
ImageImage
N/A

Artist:
Desmond
ImageImage
Unnamed

"I do like aquatic animals, yes. C: And I've done a few shark petting pools in the past, they are rather sweet animals when happy, fed, and not in frenzy mode.
    I do not think I know how my outcome's skin would feel like, though."
    (source)

"There is one actual hint:
    The first day echoed around the world. The second was important only to me.
    It has a clarification:
    What kind of event reverberates (echoes)?

So we know that there are two days. One was an event that reverberated/echoed around the world. It happened recent-ish - much less than 100 years. (It's also not referring to 9/11). The second is something that means anything really only to me. We also know that this second date has not passed yet, and that it does refer to when my outcome grows.

If the second date refers to when my outcome grows, there is a logical conclusion about what the first date may indicate.

And then here's something new: I'm careful with my diction. I used 'echo' very purposefully, because it's one of my favorite words to indicate a desolate mood."
    (source)

"Happy birthday, grandma. <3
    Today is the day that means something only to me.

I've had an awful time of it since July, so forgive a lack of story this year, there's just been no spark in me. But, yes, tonight's outcome - which, he's a gator - is mine.
    I requested that he grow on the anniversary of Steve Irwin's death as a nod to a root of what has made me today. Animals and conservation - if it isn't obvious - has been incredibly important to me, and he's part of what helped that grow.

I chose an alligator for a couple of reasons. I saw a bunch in Texas, and thought it'd be a neat experiment to make one for CS. I also watched a video of Robert Irwin feeding the gators, and he mentioned that his dad described them as "frogs with teeth" so long as they're well-fed. His eyes are a stark red, not because of any hint of evil, but that's quite literally the color that they glow in the dark. He also has a little bit of "swamp stink", which... In my story, he protects the bogs from contamination or development. That's his camouflage, but it gets perceived the wrong way.

He also... Doesn't really have a name this year. I wasn't creative enough to come up with one, I'm sorry. Maybe you guys can name him?"
    (source)

"He is an alligator. You can tell by the teeth - the ones showing are all top-jaw teeth, which is an alligator thing. Crocs show a big tooth from the lower jaw about four teeth from the tip of their snout, give or take." (source)

● Desmond answers some questions about their dog:

xxQ: "Does your outcome have great eyesight?"
    xxDesmond: "Yes." (source)

xxQ: "Can they see better during the day or at night?"
    xxDesmond: "Either. C;" (source)

Artist:
Berricuda
ImageImage
" Lemon "

"My boy is named Lemon! c:
    He had the code name of Shampoo but Lemon as his name grew on me hehe"
    (source)

"Yes! It is Phasmophobia C:
    My pup's adult's ghost is based off of how Nadine would play the game, whereas Nadine's adult's is based off of how I would!

[ edit: aka, i would bully the ghost (so nadine made her ghost angry), whereas nadine would sit in the van all the time LMAO.. and I would also target Nads in staff among us games B) ]"
    (source)

"Fun fact, we just decided the names today bc I was singing the "we're half way there ooohoh, lemon and a pear" version of the song haha" (source)

"The paw prints on his shoulders are the outlines of my cats' pawprints!
    They are two cats who meant the world to me and I miss them both dearly."
    (source)

● Berricuda answers some questions about their dog:

xxQ: "How many days ago did you guys finish your pup & fully grown outcome designs?"
    xxBerricuda: "I finished mine in April, with final tweaks made in August haha
    xxI get vry excited with staff litter and like to finish it asap" (source)

xxBerricuda: "Depends on who you ask lol, but in my opinion: nope, I haven't!
    xxI personally think my pup is unique to what I've done previously but tbh, it might look similar to the others
    xxhaha" (source)

xxBerricuda: "Stoic and brave are my two top choices to describe them!
    xxThey'd def be the "ugh, do I have to do everything around here???" type but lowkey loves helping." (source)

xxBerricuda: "A few days... probably like two or three? Followed up by a few hours of me making final tweaks last
    xxmonth lol" (source)

xxBerricuda: "Mine was actually based off of how I play a certain game with Nadine 👀
    xxSo yes, it does remind me of myself a little haha" (source)

xxQ: "What would your pups favorite word be?"
    xxBerricuda: ""Away" :) " (source)

xxQ: "Favorite month?"
    xxBerricuda: "October! December would be a close second but October fits well..." (source)

xxQ: "Favorite Weather?"
    xxBerricuda: "Colder weather without a doubt. My pup can't stand hot/warm weather!" (source)

xxQ: "Which pup from this litter would be your pups best friend?"
    xxBerricuda: "Nads' pup :)" (source)

Artist:
Vampiric
ImageImage
" Hush "

Last edited by Magen on Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:24 am, edited 50 times in total.
Magen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Staff Dog Resource Guide: 2021 Cont.

Postby Magen » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:46 am

2021 Continued

Artist:
xem
ImageImage
" Ransom "

"thank you guys for all the love on my pup <3 and you guys are right, 182 is referring to blink-182! mark hoppus, blink-182’s bass guitarist, has been a role model for me for a long time. the first songs i learned to play on my bass guitar were mostly blink songs, because i loved them so much, and because all of their songs were in EADG tuning lol. mark just overcame cancer recently, and he is still i sometime i greatly look up to ^^

their name is ransom!"
    (source)

● xem answers some questions about their dog:

xxxem: "“Spotlight”" (source)

xxxem: "December" (source)

xxxem: "Light rainy days" (source)

xxQ: "Favorite color from this years palette?"
    xxxem: "Gray" (source)

xxQ: "What’s your favourite thing about your pup or final outcome?"
    xxxem: "probably their expression, and something else that will blatantly stick out in their adult growth that will
    xxconfirm it’s mine lol" (source)

Artist:
Fiery Gatoh
ImageImage
N/A

Artist:
Dia.
ImageImage
" Forest "

"I never touch the CS tag. ^^" (source)

● User comment: "Dia has a deer in her signature"
    Dia.: "Caught like a deer in your headlights (per usual, I'm never subtle about the creature that inspired my outcome)."
    (source)

"They're ready to see you now. Visit forest and take a look. You'll find them." (source)

● Dia. answers some questions about their dog:

xxQ: "What would be your outcome's favourite food and hobby?"
    xxDia.: "My outcome's favorite food often seems to be found in people's garden." (source)

xxDia.: "No lol" (source)

xxQ: "How many days ago did you guys finish your pup & fully grown outcome designs."
    xxDia.: "My outcome's been done for months haha I don't like submitting them under the wire." (source)

Artist:
Raire
ImageImage
" Molly / Mollymauk and the Mighty Nine "

"Hello Molly!" (source)

"Welcome Mollymauk and the Mighty Nine =D
    Jayfrost jokingly asked which names I'd give the birds and once I realised that I have eight birds plus a pup, there really was no choice. And since Molly is the one who... technically isn't there anymore, it was just fitting to name the pup after him. Long may he reign. y_y
    (This is a reference to Critical Role's second campaign, The Mighty Nein)
    ((Yes, one of the birds is Essek, he totally counts.))"
    (source)

"The birds are Cad, Fjord, Jester, Veth, Caleb, Essek, Beau and Yasha respectively." (source)

"Mollys birds are Eurasian bullfinches." (source)

xxRaire: "Faithful and calm, a very friendly and trusting soul." (source)

xxRaire: "Couldn't pull off my first idea, so I had to switch it... most of the design stayed, but I had to think
    xxabout some other details and it took me quite long to decide what to do. Let's just stay I started back in
    xxApril und only finished it shortly before the deadline. OTL" (source)

xxRaire: "In some ways, maybe." (source)

xxRaire: "Old, so very old... hundreds of years..." (source)

xxRaire: "They simply... don't." (source)

xxQ: "Do they have a prefered piece of clothing?"
    xxRaire: "No clothes at all, that just looks silly." (source)

xxQ: "What are your pup’s favourite hobbies?"
    xxRaire: "Listening to music" (source)

xxQ: "Do they collect/hoard any items?"
    xxRaire: "I guess you could say that my dog hoards friends" (source)

xxQ: "What/who holds the most significance for them?"
    xxRaire: "Peace" (source)

xxQ: "Do they have any powers?"
    xxRaire: "None at all, which is quite frustrating sometimes" (source)

xxQ: "Where do they live?"
    xxRaire: "Outside" (source)

xxQ: "Are they friends with any previous staff dogs you’ve created?"
    xxRaire: "Hm, they could be... Might have been friends with Morn and Urbina ages ago if I put them in the
    xxsame universe... definitely not with Phaer and Kirej, those are too "modern"." (source)

xxQ: "Does your outcome have great eyesight? Can they see better during the day or at night?"
    xxRaire: "Totally not. No, they simply don't." (source)

xxQ: "Is this your favorite staff pet or is one from the past your favorite?"
    xxRaire: "Not my favourite =/" (source)

xxQ: "Is the cs tag on your outcome black and white or colored?"
    xxRaire: "I always mess with the tag for my dogs. =)" (source)

xxRaire: "Anything with mild weather.
    xxStrong wind, harsh sun light, rain or even snow/ice aren't fun at all." (source)

xxRaire: "My dog is very mellow, my pup just a little less." (source)

xxQ: "Is your pup an omnivore, carnivore, or herbivore?"
    xxRaire: "Please stay away with any kind of food." (source)

xxRaire: "My dog likes company, but cuddling is not an option." (source)

xxQ: "What's one of the most interesting things about your pup?"
    xxRaire: "Not the pup." (source)

xxRaire: "Peace" (source)

xxRaire: "My dog really loves some hints of red." (source)

xxQ: "Which pup from this litter would be your pups best friend?"
    xxRaire: "Not sure my dog would be friends with any of them, but I guess Anovers knows how to be gentle.
    xxNot that they would come visit mine though." (source)

Artist:
Yugi
ImageImage
" Nova "

"Though, some may say my dog's a pretty skilled techie!" (source)

"You got me! I'm glad you all like her as much as I do >w<

Her name is Nova! She's a punk techie who enjoys working on cars, robots, and body augments B)

I decided to do something a little bit different this year and focus her design inspiration primarily on myself. With that said though, she still admittedly does have a little bit of influence from my love and care for my family, friends, and girlfriend sprinkled throughout her design lol <<;

She primarily represents my tendency to communicate with emoji, my rekindled love for cyberpunk, and my childhood interest in mechanics that I've been able to recently revisit! ^U^"
    (source)

● Yugi answers some questions about their dog:

xxQ: "What would be your outcome's favourite food and hobby?"
    xxYugi: "Her favorite food would have to be instant shrimp ramen while her favorite hobby is mechanics" (source)

xxYugi: "I finished them back in April. I was actually very excited about this year's color palette lol, I had already
    xxjotted down some design ideas >m<" (source)

xxYugi: "She's pretty shy, but once she grows on you, she definitely radiates confidence. Overall, she's a go getter,
    xxand will stop at nothing to get what she sets her mind to!" (source)

xxYugi: "Well uh, she's repping my current hairstyle if that counts? B)" (source)

xxQ: "How old is your outcome?"
    xxYugi: "She's an adult" (source)

xxYugi: "Based on her appearance, people would probably think that she's bubbly and naïve" (source)

xxYugi: "I have already mentioned her favorite food in a previous post, so I'll answer for her drink.
    xxIt's instant coffee with cream" (source)

xxQ: "Do they have a preferred piece of clothing?"
    xxYugi: "Mechanic jumpsuits, as she appreciates the extra pockets to store her many tools :,)" (source)

xxYugi: "She hoards snack packets unknowingly B,) She tends to do work at home, whether it be at her desk
    xxor her small "workshop" area, so she often snacks when she's working on projects which leads to packets
    xxaccumulating. She could be a whole lot better at keeping tidy, but she gets too tied up in
    xxfocusing on her work to really mind it lol" (source)

xxYugi: "Mmmm.... perhaps not powers in the sense that most people often think? She's got a bit more strength
    xxin her limbs than what the average person is born with." (source)

xxYugi: "She lives in the city!" (source)

xxYugi: "While not exactly the absolute best, she does have the ability to zoom in.
    xxShe can see better during the day!" (source)

xxYugi: "Hope" (source)

xxYugi: " April" (source)

xxYugi: "Warm breezes and overcast skies" (source)

xxYugi: "My absolute favorite has to be the teal, though my outcome would probably enjoy all of the
    xxbright colors present lol" (source)

Artist:
Seasonal
ImageImage
N/A

Artist:
Saikiyo
ImageImage
" House "

"I was going to say at some point that 'when mine grows you'll know immediately' and I wasn't wrong" (source)

Artist:
Yağmur
ImageImage
" Gorgandr "

"This year I designed my pup differently from how I did my pups from the last few years." (source)

"This is my dog dragon!" (source)

"I thouhgt I should finally announce my dragon's name! Pet's name: Gorgandr" (source)

● Yağmur answers some questions about their dog:

xxYağmur: "Princess" (source)

xxYağmur: "Any warm month" (source)

xxQ: "Favorite Accessory/Body Part(horns, wings, etc)?"
    xxYağmur: "Tail" (source)

xxYağmur: "red/magenta" (source)

Artist:
Schuyler
ImageImage
" Komorebi "

"Alright, you got me. This is mine. ^^

The yellow and black(ish) in the palette made me think of the radioactive symbol, which is why the puppy looks like that. Those were the base colors of the adult and I originally tried making a design without the green and red. But when it wasn't turning out the way I wanted, I tried playing around with the other colors and it started making me think of sunlight filtering through the trees in the fall. So I went with that idea and left the pup as it was for a surprise!

The theme was (autumn) leaves and the intended 8 things in the scene were: Tree +, Foliage, Leaf pile under tree, Autumn butterfly wolf, Leaf on grill, Leaf next to ball, Leaf next to PPS dragon, The pup itself!"
    (source)

● Schuyler answers some questions about their dog:

xxSchuyler: "A few hours a day/night over 2-3 days. My usual design process is "try something random, don't
    xxlike it, undo, try something random, don't like it, undo ..." Rinse and repeat until I accidentally myself into
    xxsomething I think looks cool and roll with that. :'D" (source)

xxSchuyler: "Nah, not really." (source)

xxSchuyler: "Definitely fall!" (source)

xxSchuyler: "More mellow and serene for sure." (source)

xxSchuyler: "I think they'd love to cuddle." (source)

xxSchuyler: "They have one, but they made me promise not to tell. :c" (source)

xxSchuyler: "Cool and sunny or partly cloudy" (source)

xxSchuyler: "I like the blue-green." (source)

Artist:
Schnuffel Bunny
ImageImage
" Kevin "

"Im happy that you guys love them so much! Meet Kevin, he's based on my two favorite things in the world. Bunnies and fluffiness. ❤" (source)

"making my first staff litter pet is so exciting! can't to see everyone's grow up soon (★ ω ★)" (source)

Artist:
EmberWolf
ImageImage
N/A

"The color palette just made me think tropical bird so that's what I went with. It was a fun outcome to make and I'm glad people like it ^u^" (source)

● EmberWolf answers some questions about their dog:

xxQ: "Is your pup based on another animal?"
    xxEmberWolf: "There are features based on other critters" (source)

Artist:
Burrito Bunny
" Malachi "

"My outcome will have one trait very similar to another pup." (source)

● Burrito Bunny answers some questions about their dog:

xxQ: "Is this your favorite staff pet or is one from the past your favorite? :>"
    xxBurrito Bunny: "This isn't my favorite, but the design has grown on me. I wish I had more story behind it but
    xxunfortunately I don't this year." (source)

Artist:
Solloby
" Ai "

"My puppy's name is Ai :)
    He's very happy to meet everyone!"
    (source)

"0100100001100101011011000110110001101111001000000101011101101111011100100110110001100100" (source) = " Hello World "

"0101101001111010011110100111101001111010" (source) = " Zzzzz "

"0100001101101000011000010111001001100111011010010110111001100111001011100010111000101110" (source) = " Charging... "

Artist:
Koikee
" Bubbles "

"I'm very happy to participate for the first time! I can't wait to see what everyone everyone thinks once the litter has finished growing \o/" (source)

"For a name, I'd have to go with Bubbles, lol" (source)

● Koikee answers some questions about their dog:

xxKoikee: "For myself? Yeah. For CS, no. Regarding the colors? No, not at all. But it was fun to work with such a
    xxdifferent palette!" (source)

xxKoikee: "Hmm, I'd have to say bubbly and fun!" (source)

xxKoikee: "Around the end of April, then I changed my mind completely around the middle of July. Completed the
    xxidea around the time, and finished adding little tweaks right before September."(source)

xxKoikee: "Uhh.. maybe a little? I always love fluffy things, so yeah. I guess so!"(source)

xxKoikee: "Yes to both"(source)

Artist:
Celozon
" Boletus "

"I just draw what I think looks cool and don't actually have a background or story for them" (source)

"Yup, not hard to guess which is mine! I'm glad you all like them!

I had a lot of fun with this one, I've been wanting to do a pixel skull on a staff pet for a while now and I like how it came together, hopefully didn't have you all chasing your tail too much with the hints, it was mostly just hinting at the skel+fungi theme going on, since it is pps and you all wouldn't be able to tell which was mine till it grew anyway.

I don't really have a set backstory or anything, or even a name, so feel free to come up with your own! (@catmother456 suggested Boletus, latin for mushroom, which I like so feel free to go with that)

Just to cover some of my hints and question answers, I do imagine them as and ageless and probably having some kind of magic powers given the smoke/mist that follows them around. They can eat and drink but don't need to, and its not really the same for them as it is for the living. The sticker bit was more a just a joke cause its totally not their vibe and I have terrible humor lol. Just personally I headcanon (is it s headcanon if its my own creation?) them as being pretty enigmatic and not very open towards others in general, and they would not talk very much and just be very intimidating staring at you with those eyes, but really they just got tired of trying to keep up with modern things and ways of talking and cause it was too much work so they don't really know how to act 'normal'. So if they were to hang with any of my staff pets it would probably be the first two cause fellow skel bud and magic user and they'd have things in common to talk about at least (and totally have late night potion brewing sessions together). I do also imagine them as gendervoid/without gender, but any pronouns are fine really, so use whatever. And honestly, feel free to imagine them however you want, this is just what personally went through my head.

Oh and the mentioned repeating themes were magic, skeleton, and fungi. And as mentioned, a lot of the time I just draw what I think looks cool and stuff I like, and I really like that combo, so, thats what I ended up with. My current profile was 100% hint towards all of that.

You all kept asking about the nose color and I didn't know how to answer that cause they don't really,,,,have a nose. I went with the skull color, but yeah. And just for the record, I was very obvious about my outcome, even know no one would know till it grew Cx I actually considered making it more obvious by adding mushrooms and smoke but didn't want to go overboard.

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks for participating in my ridiculous hints and it makes me very happy to see others enjoy my outcome as well! <3"
    (source)

● Celozon answers some questions about their dog:

xxCelozon: "Night" (source)

xxCelozon: "Enigmatic" (source)

xxCelozon: "I had the idea since we got the pallet, but as the master procrastinator I am I didn't actually finish till
    xxlike, right before the deadline. not a good idea I know but I never learn." (source)

xxCelozon: "idk man I was just like, 'this would be cool' and then I drew it." (source)

xxQ: "How old is your outcome?"
    xxCelozon: "Age isn't really a concept they understand" (source)

xxCelozon: "They have no opinion on food in general" (source)

xxQ: "Do they have a prefered piece of clothing?"
    xxCelozon: "They also have no opinion on clothing. Personally though I think some sparkly stickers are just
    xxwhat they need C:" (source)

xxCelozon: "Probably like, collecting the bones of their enemies? (jkjk, but really they pretty minimalist and don't
    xxreally collect things they don't have a direct use for)" (source)

xxCelozon: "Probably, but they refuse to show me :C" (source)

xxCelozon: "I'm also not invited to their house :C" (source)

xxQ: "Are they friends with any previous staff dogs you’ve created?"
    xxCelozon: "They hang with at least a couple of my previous staff pets. They do fun bonding stuff, but I'm never
    xxinvited :C (starting to think they did not appreciate that sparkly sticker I put on their face)" (source)

xxQ: "Does your puppy like Halloween? Would they venture out into scary places without fear, or would they be ducking
    xxbehind the nearest convenient body or large piece of furniture to stay safe?"
    xxCelozon: "I'd say they would like Halloween, an definitely no fear." (source)

Artist:
Anover
" Beetle "

"Takes a fair bit of time to pupate you know! My pup was busy conserving energy but here they are, as most people have already guessed this one is mine! They’re called Beetle :]" (source)

End of 2021 Staff Dogs

—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—

—•—•—•—•—

Last edited by Magen on Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:41 pm, edited 31 times in total.
Magen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ▐ Staff Dog Resource Guide▐ - NEW!

Postby Magen » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:54 am

-.-.-.-.-
Posting is now Welcome!
-.-.-.-.-
╔════════════════════╗

╚════════════════════╝
╔════════════════════╗

╚════════════════════╝
⇐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⇒

ImageImage

⇐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⇒
Magen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Brenton » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:28 pm

I love the guide! Its been one of those things that I think we as a community will benefit from in our collection endeavors. Thank you for taking the time to put it together! I know how much time and effort you put into this! <3

ImageImage

╔════════════════════╗
• Xanje Supporter
• Pokemon Master
• Check Out Magen
• Ravenclaw
• CS Member Since 2011

╚════════════════════╝
╔════════════════════╗

╚════════════════════╝
Brenton

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bark » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:16 am

This is amazing, beautiful work magen! :clap:
bark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vampiric » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:49 am

Thought i'd come and contribute some info for my stupid dogs, especially with the older ones.

2009: It's based on tattoo designs.
2010: It's based on filigree designs. This was also my first meek attempt at editing the lines, as indicated by only a tiny hair edit. I was too nervous to edit and didn't want to be too crazy.
2011: Ignore anything I said in 2010 about editing. I clearly went crazy. I was proud of the adult, but when I tried to replicate the colours on the pup I forgot how I did it in the first place xD Vamp = dumb. Learned from mistakes.
2012: I suppose I always imagined her as some sort of fallen/sealed archangel, hence the runed cuffs. A sad doggo. Clearly learning how to do wings right here, coulda been better.
2017: I laughed a lot drawing this. What does happen to those toys who get loved then left behind? The face turn factor was definitely the reason I did the whole pet in the first place.
2018: I hated this palette and everything it stood for. I can't do pink/pastel, my brain doesn't function this way.
@ @ @ @ @
Vampiric
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me