Current Demand Guide (Please Read First Post)

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Current Demand Guide (Please Read First Post)

Postby King Andre » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:58 pm

──────────────────────────────────────────────────

DISCLAIMER(S)
    If you want to find the worth of a single or a few individual pets, there are other threads for that.
    --> How Much Is This Pet Worth? Thread
    This thread itself is essentially data based upon a compilation of recent trades intended to help EVERYONE.
    Constellation. wrote:
    this guide is based purely on demand, and therefore users looking to trade by popular demand can actually follow the guide and not try to overshoot could be helpful.

This guide reflects what a pet goes for currently via trade evidence. You CANNOT tack on even MORE demand on-top of what is already shown, if you do you MAY find it difficult to trade said pet. However, everyone is encouraged to value their pets in whatever way they see fit. This guide tells you what you can reasonably expect to get for a pet, it does not tell you to ask for or pay a certain amount for anything, ultimately, how you choose to value and trade pets is up to you.
    Do not fight or argue. When posting is allowed, you are free to offer advice and or constructive criticism about the list itself, however arguing is prohibited, the thread has been recreated with staff approval. (Note cs staff does not officially endorse any list or guide)
    When posting is available feel free to post trade evidence when asked. We want the community to be involved with helping make sure this is an accurate reflection of what pets are going for :).

Mission Statement:
    Hello, welcome to the demand guide. This guide takes a look at some of the most sought after pets on cs and organizes of them based purely upon trades for them and popular demand, listing trades along with them. This is in no way affiliated with the cs rares list or rarity guides, and is solely demand based. This list seeks to help users, especially returning older users and newer users, have a general idea of what pets might be going for and what has changed since their time here.

Due to the nature of demand this guide will be updated constantly in order to accurately reflect what pets are currently being most commonly traded for in terms of value.

──────────────────────────────────────────────────

Always seeking trade evidence for 2008 vr's and omgsrs, older store pets and anything with high rarity/demand. These pets are the first ones that will be included in this guide.
--
Alright, good news, I have quite a bit of trade evidence to the point where i think i could start putting down pets. However, I'd like to know how you guys think I should put pets. Originally I planned on listing pets based on their "trade value" however, with a pets value being as subjective as it is, I realize this could cause controversy, and I don't want anyone to think any pet has an objective value. However again, it would be dishonest to not say that some pets are largely agreed up on to be able to trade for "more", example, most people would trade "more" for a skelebun than a 2018 rat for example, even though neither has an objective value. So vote on the poll or PM me if you have an idea how i should structure the guide itself.

Voting for demands that the pet's "value" will be determined by their trades and they'll be listed by that, this was my original intention for this guide. This option basically lists pets in terms of what they're "going for". This option implies that the guide will order pets from highest demand and community given value and then descending. If you vote this there will be a future discussion far as how to go about interpretation the trade data and listing the pets in that fashion in terms of their "value". Example (not set in stone)

Skelebun = orange cerb
or
ur b-wolf, any zebra = any non
The "=" sign would imply that said pets are commonly traded for each other.

This option won ^

in the case i, andreas, become inactive without warning, without using cs for 5 months, unless stated otherwise, the users dtsuga and cyberlife. may request ownership of this thread until i return.
Last edited by King Andre on Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:46 pm, edited 33 times in total.
King Andre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Q&A

Postby King Andre » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:58 pm

What is demand? Isn't demand subjective?

Demand is the overall desire the community has for a certain pet at a given time.

Yes, demand is subjective. However, it would be dishonest to say that certain pets are not usually traded for x value. This guide just intends to show that. Some pets have more overall demand than others simply because more people find them appealing, for example, dogs in general have more demand than rats, even though many people also love rats, and this transfers into their ability to be traded for or off, especially when you're talking about the highest rarity dogs/rats.

Some pets of the same species have lower or higher overall demand than their counterparts as-well. For example, the BA (black advent) dog has more overall demand than most other dogs.

Many factors go into deciding how a pets common demand is, and that is usually how it looks, the rarity and the age of the pet. All of those accumulate into how much a certain pet is desired overall.

What is the purpose of this guide?

To help others. There are a lot of unspoken rules about pets who, may be technically "worth" one thing based upon one set of values, but trade for either far more or far less commonly in the active trading community. Newer users or older returning users are often out of the loop and may take far less for their pets than they could get. This guide simply showcases some of the most high demand pets and what value they are most commonly traded for in an effort

Can X pet be added?

Maybe! The focus right now is the highest demand pets on the site, however eventually we want to include as many of the miscellaneous high demand pets as possible. If you think a pet, regardless of rarity, has significant demand that goes beyond date swaps, feel free to post evidence. However be sure to check it isn't already talked about!

thank you anyone and everyone for support. I plan to be working on getting this up soon but school is starting and i may be busy. In the meantime, please do not post until i make it clear the thread is open, thank you very much.
Last edited by King Andre on Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:45 pm, edited 7 times in total.
King Andre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Highest Demand Pets here

Postby King Andre » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:25 am

Pets here will be the oldest and rarest pets as-well as the highest demand pets among them and the not necessarily oldest pets but pets that trade for these older and rarer pets.

skelebun
    orange cerberus
    eat me, drink me, lion-tails
    wip
Last edited by King Andre on Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:45 pm, edited 6 times in total.
King Andre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

mid demand?

Postby King Andre » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:25 am

reserved
King Andre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Miscellaneous Pets

Postby King Andre » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:26 am

this is where the not necessarily rarest/highest demand pets go.
Last edited by King Andre on Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
King Andre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Trade Evidence Links (dont post yet still)

Postby King Andre » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:39 am

King Andre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

thank you (wip do not post)

Postby King Andre » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:00 am

reserved
King Andre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Don't post yet

Postby King Andre » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:57 pm

I want to get the first guide/list up with the highest demand pets before i open the thread to posting. For that reason, please PM me if you'd like to be able to contribute to the google spreadsheets document. Trade evidence should ideally be no older than a year if trades for a specific pet are very scarce.
King Andre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Don't Post Yet X2 But vote on poll

Postby King Andre » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:57 pm

Alright, good news, I have quite a bit of trade evidence to the point where i think i could start putting down pets. However, I'd like to know how you guys think I should put pets. Originally I planned on listing pets based on their "trade value" however, with a pets value being as subjective as it is, I realize this could cause controversy, and I don't want anyone to think any pet has an objective value. However again, it would be dishonest to not say that some pets are largely agreed up on to be able to trade for "more", example, most people would trade "more" for a skelebun than a 2018 rat for example, even though neither has an objective value. So vote on the poll or PM me if you have an idea how i should structure the guide itself.

Still always seeking trade evidence : )
King Andre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Res

Postby King Andre » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:15 pm

Reserved