▐ GH Cat Resource Guide▐

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

▐ GH Cat Resource Guide▐

Postby Magen » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:53 pm

⇐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⇒

Welcome to the

General Helper Cat Resource Guide!

—Please note this guide has a LOT of pictures, text, and hyperlinks.
Also, this guide’s format may look odd on a phone screen—

Introduction:

xxThis guide has been made to host as a convenient place to share information relating to Chickensmoothie General Helper Litter cats! The GH Litter Discussion threads have a lot of fun conversation, witty banter, and past-hinting... but if you’re someone who just wants to find info on specific GH Cats, it can get a little hectic sorting through all the posts. GH Cat backstory, inspiration, names, and fun tips and facts, that are given by the artists of GH Cats can be found here. However, not every cat has special information. Some General Helpers prefer for the users to imagine purpose and names for their cats. But if the artist has given information on their cats, this is the place to find it easily.

xxThis guide mainly focuses on ‘official’ information given about GH Litter cats by their very own GH artists. This includes names, stories, poems, art and other relating information. Fanart and stories/theories provided by users other than a cat’s specific artist is not really largely focused on here; however if this infomation exists, it can be found on the yearly GH Litter Discussion Threads (which you can find in the next post). Here, we will give special attention to the General Helpers and their unique perspective on their own GH Litter creations!

Rules:

● All site rules apply! See them here.

● No spamming; this is a place to discuss information regarding General Helper Litter pets, and conversations regarding this guide in specific. No posting “bookmarking” or similar, use the bookmark function at the bottom of this page in order to bookmark.

● Feel free to openly discuss any presented ideas/information relating to the GH cats or their respective artists! It would be great to hear about if anything here inspired you, felt relatable, reminded you of something else, etc as long as it pertains to GH cat(s)! Show the GH cat artists some love if you feel like sharing! :)

● Please contribute any missing information by PM’ing me with links etc, or by replying in this thread.

● Constructive criticism is welcome; no rude comments.

● No mini-modding; posting that someone broke a rule is spam. Replying to broken rules is spam. Please, simply report any rule-breaking posts.

● If this thread ever needs to be remade after 900 pages, I will do so.

⇐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⇒

Jump to Year:

2016 -·- 2017 -·- 2018 -·- 2019 -·- 2020
2021 -·- 2022 -·- 2023

—•— Overall General Helper Litter Information —•—

● We have had a General Helper Cat Litter each year since 2016. The GH Litter has been hosted in June and is a welcome and fun distraction from waiting for the upcoming Summer Event each year.

● Anyone from the CS General Helper team can make a cat each year, or they can choose not to participate if they wish. General helpers are not technically full CS staff members. However, they are extremely helpful and assist in making the site run more smoothly for everyone.

● General Helpers have full creative freedom when making GH Litter Cats; the only set theme is the color palette! GHs are also free to use any color they wish for their cat's eyes and noses. General Helpers pick color palettes and then vote on the most liked palette as a group to pick the colors each year! "A lot of times the artists may choose to alter the colour or opacity of the shading layer to match the base colour better." - ZEL

● GH Cats are not put in the archives until their respective artist (GH) choose to publicly claim them. Only the GH who makes a cat can reveal which cat is theirs. GHs are not allowed to share who made which cat if it is not their own cat.

● Many General Helpers like to make it a fun game with CS users to have everyone guess which cat is theirs each year, and may provide puzzles, hints, and other entertaining ideas to lead everyone in the right direction! Some GHs like to provide names, stories, and other information about their cat(s), but it’s not required. Some GHs prefer to keep it simple and let the community come up with that info on their own.

● There is not always a PPS Cat every year, and there can be more than one PPS cat each year! The GHs get to choose whether or not they want to make a PPS outcome.

● Each staff member can pick the dates their cat grows, but it is not required. If they choose not to pick dates, there is a staff member who arranges all the grow dates for the cats as a whole throughout the month(s). Some GHs prefer not to choose so they can be surprised when cats grow, just like the rest of the community!

● Some GHs collaborate and get advice on their cats from other GHs during the creation period; others are more reserved and keep their cat on the down low.

● GH Cats in each litter all have the same probability to show up when adopted. All GH cats in each litter are very close in rarity, but can sometimes be slightly different. GH Litter outcomes never have splits.

Special Thank Yous:

Thank you to the CS General Helpers for providing us with beautiful cats each year!

Thank you to my close friends for assisting me in making this thread happen:
Brenton - Brad

And thank you to anyone who helps provide additional information for this guide! <3

Note to GH Cat Artists:
If anyone would like information removed/changed/added,
please feel free to post here in the thread or PM me about it! :)

Last edited by Magen on Sun Jul 09, 2023 4:46 am, edited 21 times in total.
Magen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Quick References

Postby Magen » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:54 pm

Jump to Year:

2016 -·- 2017 -·- 2018 -·- 2019 -·- 2020
2021 -·- 2022 -·- 2023

2016 Image
2017 Image
2018 Image
2019 Image
2020 Image
2021 Image
2022 Image
2023 Image

Color Palette by Year

███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███

███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███

███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███

███ ███ ███ ███ ███

███ ███ ███ ███ ███

███ ███ ███ ███ ███

███ ███ ███ ███ ███

███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███

Some General Helpers (both current or retired) have the ability to change their username whenever they wish, just like any other user. ^^ This can make GH cats a little confusing. So hopefully this can be helpful to myself and anyone else. I've attempted to make a list of these changes; if anyone can help provide any corrections/information, that would be wonderful.

blaine >>>>> ashki
☆αℓρнαƒιяєωⓞℓƒ☆ >>>>> Eagle's Eye
rockruff >>>>> Aaron✦
Orchid Sprig >>>>> | Aloy |

Last edited by Magen on Sun Jul 09, 2023 4:52 am, edited 17 times in total.
Magen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

GH Cat's Linearts Used for Other Pets

Postby Magen » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:54 pm

If / When Applicable
Magen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

GH Cat Resource Guide: 2016

Postby Magen » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:55 pm

███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███

June Release
2016 GH Litter & Salmon Festival Discussion Thread

12 General Helpers Participated:
AquilaFuga -●- Blaine/Ashki -●- Celozon
Aaron✦ -●- Kyar -●- Lady Masquerade
lucky333123 -●- Orchid Sprig -●- Seasonal
Simon -●- Wesley -●- ZEL

Kyar designed the newborn this year.

Litters are in the same order as displayed in the Archives.

This litter, the discussion, art, etc were all-together playfully referred to as the Salmon Festival, in honor of the color of the GH tags, as well as the main palette color for the first GH litter kittens.

"Salmon Squad is kinda just this affectionate nickname we've given to the GH team because
of our name colour (which, as you can see, is also in the palette)."
-
ZEL

"we wanted something to represent our salmon coloration,
thus a salmon color pallet was used for our litter." -
lucky333123

Artist:
ZEL
ImageImage
" Mitch "

"My cat's name is Mitch." (source)

● User Question: "How long did it take y'all to create and draw the designs, seeing as most of you probably don't do the pet designs often"

ZEL: "I worked on my cat in shifts throughout the last month. It took me a day to get comfortable with the lineart, but after that, things actually went smoothly. I took lots of breaks as I tried to work out minor design things, but if you take out the breaks, maybe a week?"
    (source)

● In response to a user's guess: (wiki link)
    "Guys
    did you know
    that I am a bird nerd"
    (source)

"I even reblogged a picture of a Major Mitchell's not too long before the kittens were released."
    (source)

"Lil' Mitch is indeed inspired by a Major Mitchell's Cockatoo.
    I say inspired, because in the real bird, the crest is the only part of their plumage to sport the vibrant red and peach colours that I liked so much about the palette.
    I originally intended to make a Salmon-crested cockatoo, y'know, just for the joke. But when we settled on our palette, I decided to go with this one instead.

I know that this outcome is definitely not going to live up to everybody's expectations.
    I'll confess: I oftentimes find myself disliking the heavily edited staff litter outcomes. I appreciate nicely executed edits, but more often than not the extreme edits aren't my cup of tea.
    I did not add wings to this cat for the simple reason that I don't care for wing edits. There are a few pets on this site (bar actual birds/dragons) where I do like 'em: pets like last Christmas' dove dogs, Chia's 2013 staff dog, or the 2011 gryffin store dogs.
    But yeah, I'm just personally kind of tired of wing edits and did not want them on my cat.

Mitch is not supposed to be a bird, he's really just a feathered cat^^
    I did try to add feathers or fluffy edits to the tail. I had several sketches with completely edited tails. They all looked way too crowded to me, I didn't enjoy them. So I settled for colouring the tail a bit, and it immediately made me happier.
    (Seriously, at one point I ended up loudly cursing at the tail, it just wouldn't look nice to me.)

I'm really happy that so many of you do enjoy the final design, and I'm sorry for those who I'll inevitably let down. There are lots of cute birdy pets out there, though <3"
    (source)

● ZEL adopted the first pet of the month, which happened to be a GH cat; the first ever GH cat! However, it did not turn out to be ZEL's outcome from the litter. (source)

Artist:
Ashki
ImageImage
" Koda "

"Ahh, I sure hope you guys won't be disappointed with mine! >w< I'm not really an artist but I tried my best!" (source)

● User Question: "To the GH: What was it like finding out that you were going to create some kitten adopts? :D"

"Oh my gosh, I was so excited! I never dreamed of the possibility that I would be able to create my own pet that would actually be on the site, that people would adopt, that people might dress up or even hoard if they like it enough! (Which I honestly doubt, but hey it's a cool thought!) It still hasn't quite sunk in yet."
    (source)

"And you're right - my favorite animal is a red panda!" (source)

"The tail and the facial markings are similar to those of a red panda - I'm so sorry some of you were disappointed that it didn't resemble one more, I'm really not an artist but I tried my best! I also didn't want to make it exactly like a red panda because we already have a couple red panda-based pets.

My kitty is a PPS because I adore PPS pets; I've been hoarding them since I joined and have over 30,000 of them now - and PPS cats have my favorite lines!

The marking on the chin is indeed a tongue! I didn't want to mess with lines because again, not an artist haha, but I hoped it would be recognizable as a tongue. The eyes are orange and green (and the nose is both of those colors) because my favorite color is orange and my boyfriend's favorite color is green. Red pandas are our favorite animal!

My kitty is a boy, and his name is Koda, after my first cat. I sure hope you guys like him, and I'm sorry again if some of you are disappointed! <3"
    (source)

Artist:
Orchid Sprig
ImageImage
Unnamed

"I really enjoy that people have noticed how much I loved purple eyes on my staff dogs xD Working on the cat lines brought me back to my first staff dog. It was a lot of fun to use new lines." (source)

● ^ "But it refers to the dot pattern I used on both the cat and my first staff dog. I'm glad it was well received with its simplicity." (source)

"Thank you so much <3 Nope, mine does not have a name. Just like with my staff dogs, I don't like naming the pets I make. I rarely base if off of anything specific, and it makes me much happier to see what other people name it and the stories they come up with for it.

I really considered giving it a fluffy tail. I was under a bit of a time strain though (similar reasons to why I moved from being a mod back to a GH), so I made the design and never went back to add in the tail after I thought about it. It would have been neat, but I'm also not sure how well it would have looked on these lines. The dog lines I could 'cheat' and use the 3-tailed lines and shading to make the edits look nicer than I could draw them. :') Also, thank you for all the kind words. They mean a lot <3"
    (source)

Artist:
lucky333123
ImageImage
" Auroria "

● User Question: "To the GH: What was it like finding out that you were going to create some kitten adopts? :D"

"I still remember my reaction. I literally went into overdrive and I'm pretty sure some of the other GHs remember my reaction xD

I was so startled and happily surprised when we were told we could make a litter. I never thought it would be a possibility and I was able to do it with the whole Salmon Squad <3

I was so excited that I had way to many ideas to do but finally narrowed it down to the one that I did. I was also super excited for June to the point that I was mentally jumping off walls, etc. I'm more than sure that the other GHs were annoyed at my antics but they could have easily been amused.

Right now, I'm super nervous of what everyone is going to think of my little kitty. I'm glad that most of the reactions were positive about the litter as a whole."
    (source)

● User Question: "How long did it take y'all to create and draw the designs, seeing as most of you probably don't do the pet designs often"

"I actually injured my hand (got a lovely infection....) thus it was actually pretty hard to draw. It was extremely hard for me to hold a pen. I'm also not a really great drawer or at least in my opinion. I think I spent a bit more than a week and a half to come up with the idea, draw, and color my little kitty. Hopefully you'll like my kitty."
    (source)

"You see, my kitty is related to Harry Potter but not through design. It is related to HP through dates. CS time is ahead of the West Coast of the US, thus my kitty grew on June 6th and June 24th.

June 6th: On June 6th, 1994, "Peter Pettigrew is exposed as Scabbers the rat and is cornered by Sirius Black and Remus Lupin in the Shrieking Shack. He escapes in the chaos that followed Remus transforming into a werewolf and Sirius protecting Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, and Hermione Granger in his Animagus form of a dog. Harry and Hermione then use Hermione's Time-Turner to rescue Sirius from the Dementor's Kiss and Buckbeak the Hippogriff from his scheduled execution at sundown."

June 24th: On June 24th, 1995, "The Third Task of the Triwizard Tournament takes place in the Hogwarts Quidditch pitch. Harry Potter and Cedric Diggory are transported to Little Hangleton Graveyard, where Lord Voldemort regains a body of his own. Cedric is killed and Harry manages to return to Hogwarts with Cedric's body. The Second Wizarding War begins, although the Ministry of Magic does not admit this until the next year."

A simply Google search of Harry Potter dates in June would allow you to see the dates and see how they are related to my kitty.

So meet, Auroria:

Growing up in the fairy realm, Auroria was always the odd-ball due to her odd wings and strange antennas. As a young fairy kitten, she was often tormented and teased. Often to the point of being bullied by her fellow peers. It didn't help that her name was so pretty, yet to her peers, she was too ugly to bear such a beautiful name. Even though Auroria remained teased and tormented, she had a hidden secret -- a secret that could change the lives of those around her.

You see, she was born a princess of the realm. Her mother had hidden her away from the world to protect her. Very few knew of her existence, thus when she grew up, those who teased and tormented her were completely shocked. They never expected her to turn out to be royalty, not to mention her strange antennas had disappeared. Instead, she looked like she belonged among her peers. Those who bullied her, vowed never to treat another being the way they did for they had learned their lesson the hard way when they bullied Auroria.
    -
    I'm not the greatest storyteller, but this is Auroria's mini-story :)"
    (source)

"I named my kitty, Auroria before creating her. I already knew what I wanted to make when I found out that we were going to be creating our own litter." (source)

"A cool little piece of trivia about my first GH cat is that her design also represents her final growth day. June 24th is also known as International Fairy Day. She is a fairy, hence that day fits her perfectly <3" (source)

Artist:
Simon
ImageImage
" Elliot "

"My cat's name is Elliot c:" (source)

"E.T. was never directly mentioned. That's it! c:

Elliot is the alien dweeb, named after the boy in E.T. "
    (source)

"The ear floof was very hard to get right it took me about 3 tries." (source)

● Some of Elliot's story:

"A salmon streak of light flies across the air. Elliot stares from down bellow in awe peering through his telescope and following the the falling asteroid’s decent. It’s headed for the woods beyond his house. He hears the sound as the rock hits the ground. It sounds like glass shattering.

The kitten looks around his room. Posters of space plaster the walls. Mini glow in the dark stars stick to his ceiling glimmering to comfort him every night while he sleeps and imagines the vast world beyond earth.

Elliot takes a deep breath, slips his headband on and quietly tip toes out of his house. Step by step he makes his way through the dark eerie woodland.

The trees are black and pointy. Animals rustle in the night. Elliot is terrified but his curiosity for all things space urges him forward. How could he pass up on this opportunity?

Finally, he sees the glowing salmon color in the distance. Elliot sprints towards it..."
    (see full first part of story here) - (and full second part of story here)

"Regarding the drastic change from kitten to adult with my outcome:

I have to be honest, I made the adult first. Then I was really struggling with what to make for kitten stage so I just kind of scribbled and wrote aliens as a joke and sent it to the other GHs. They all seemed to think it was cute so I went with it lol. It wasn't really my intention to use it for real. I actually thought you all might hate it and not find it silly or cute haha. I wouldn't really want what could possibly be my only CS pet be something that took me 5 seconds to make haha.

Overall I'm pretty happy with the adult. I can see how you could argue there is a lot going on but that's kind of what I was going for. Comes down to preference I guess ^.^

I was never going for a "UFO" theme. I was more just trying to make a cool alien creature thing and Elliot's story kind of evolved later on.

I can't quote all the sweet messages but thanks again for all the sweet things you guys have said about my cat. I've been a bit down recently so reading them has really warmed my heart <3"
    (source)

"At first I was just super excited because I honestly never even thought about the possibility of making a CS pet. After the initial shock I got kind of nervous knowing that so many people would own my cat and see it. It's a pretty intimidating thought cx

Overall I was very thrilled though c:"
    (source)

Artist:
Kyar
ImageImage
" Zalma "

"Mine didn't actually take me as long as I thought it would. I use a mouse so progress is always pretty slow but I pretty much knew what I was doing with at least part of the design. For those of you who might've seen my gallery you've probably noticed I tend to draw with really thick lines - and the CS pets aren't like that lol. It was certainly a challenge but a lot of fun!"
    (source)

● User Question: "What was it like finding out that you were going to create some kitten adopts? :D"

"I knew that it had been discussed and that it was a vague possibility but when we actually got the go-ahead I was VERY excited and definitely nervous too. I feel a lot the same way as ZEL does - I was kind of afraid I was overstepping my bounds but Tess has been incredible and I can't thank her enough for letting us do this. It was so much fun to get to play around with the cat lines and see what I could come up with - but I think the most fun part of it all was getting to see what my team members were doing with the same lines and palette and just how different each of our ideas were. :)"
    (source)

● Some of Zalma's story:

"My name is Zalma.
    You probably noticed I don't exactly fit in with other cats. They noticed too.
    I knew I was adopted pretty early on. My mom was a tabby housecat and my sister looked just like her. Me… I was named after my salmon color. As I got older, I realized it made a lot of sense. I don't think even my mom realized I was a fox when she adopted me, but even for a fox, my red color wasn't exactly… "red." They still accepted me, and I love my family a lot, but it was impossible to hide the fact that… I didn't really belong.

It wasn't like I was teased that much by the other cats. They were mostly pretty nice, but every once in a while they'd have to say something—either my coat made it way too hard to play hide and seek or I was asked, "Are you sure you can eat salmon?" every time we caught fish down by the river. I know they didn't mean to hurt me, but it did. And back then, I was too afraid to say anything about it. If it weren't for my sister, I don't know if I ever would have changed..."
    (see full story here)

"When we were first starting to come up with our designs I know Iri had been thinking about doing a fox too - and I'm really glad that we both decided to go for it! I love how different our foxes are even starting with the same lineart and color scheme. To see just how many possibilities there are for the same very basic concept is why I think this has to be one of the coolest outcomes - at least for me personally. It was fun to drop the cousin hint on you guys too. :)

And I can't thank you all enough for all your wonderful compliments and your great reception of our little festival. I think I can speak for all of us in saying that it was a blast to plan but so much more fun to put in action. You all made it a really fantastic "event" that we definitely couldn't have done without all you awesome people. So thank you for letting us be a little silly this month and for celebrating with a squad of silly salmon. :)"
    (source)

Artist:
Aaron✦
ImageImage
" Acatalepsy "

"Thank you guys so much for your compliments on Acatalepsy! Unfortunately I can't really go through and quote them all, but know that I read them all and I really appreciate every one.

Of course my hints weren't particularly creative - you guys can see they have face edits haha. I'm also really predictable as you all found out I love stars and foxes. I decided to keep the teenager's eyes closed to keep that as a bit of a surprise.
    And indeed, that's exactly what Kyar meant by there being a cousin - ours are both foxes! Though I loved seeing you guys trying to find out what a fox's genetic cousin might be haha!

As for Acatalepsy them self, they are, simply put, an embodiment of a galaxy; ageless, genderless, almost lifeless even (or maybe you could say one of every gender and one of every age, depending how you look at it) - they are all of the knowledge and emotion and sense within that galaxy. They're the feeling of the void. They're a little difficult to explain haha! I'm not old enough to know about their creation (; but they're definitely not rabid, I'll give you that haha."
    (source)

"My first GH cat for example was very much a representation of my disassociation, for me (:" (stated in 2018 GH thread)

Artist:
Wesley
ImageImage
" Sam "

"Thank you all (and many more) very much for your kind comments! It has been an... awful week to say the least, and I was very anxious about my kitty growing tonight. Today's growth date holds special meaning for me - I chose it because it was my late mother's birthday. Emotions are running very high for me right now and seeing all of your kind compliments has me tearing up. *u* I am excited to see how this kid is dressed up. I tried myself but, eh, I am not sure how I feel about the dress-up yet. ovo

I am sorry to anyone who I disappointed with my adult outcome, but there is bound to be some differing opinions with such a large user base. I made some artistic decisions in designing this fellow - namely, the tongue is modeled after an actual giraffe tongue, and the lopsided ears are intentional. It's sort of a trademark of my art style. This being said, I have of course never made a pet before and by no means consider myself an artist, so I am very proud of pulling this off, personally!

I have dubbed the darling Sam, after a giraffe that I fed in a little zoo a few years ago! He licked my face 'v'"
    (source)

"It was so exciting! This year (specifically August 26) is my 4th year anniversary of becoming a General Helper! Crazy to believe that I've been one since 2012! I could not have asked for a higher honor; I am so grateful for having the opportunity to design a kitty and simply hope that the public enjoys mine. I have gotten a lot of positive feedback from my all-too-kind coworkers c:"
    (source)

Artist:
Seasonal
ImageImage
" Annabelle "

"I love gradients, I don't think I could create a design without one! I also made this group two days ago as a small joke.

I'd like to apologize for the lack of excitement, but I'm content with my final design. I'm not an artist by any means, and I felt that it would be inappropriate for me to attempt edits when I know that I'm not capable of doing so. I do wish that I could have done some edits but in the end, I don't really mind not having any, and I didn't want to submit anything that I wasn't proud of. I'm happy with the "pop" that the eyes have and I've always been a fan of light underbelly markings.

I decided to name this cat Annabelle (no relation to the horror film, I promise). When I first posted my cat, another GH said it was "simple, yet elegant," and I feel that Annabelle fits that description."
    (source)

Artist:
Celozon
ImageImage
Name N/A

"Jelly zombie cat" (source)

"Late to the party but I thought I'd answer this, mine didn't really take as long to draw the cat itself, but I just moved and between all the trouble that causes it was difficult for me to find time to actually sit down and do my cat. But on the time actually spent drawing my cat, probably a good two days. I'm a huge perfectionist with my art and I had tons of worries about mine. But I'm really happy how they came out, I can't wait to see them grow ;u;"
    (source)

"Yes pixel kitty is mine <3 I'm a huge pixel nerd and I could not pass up the chance to do mine as an actual pixel pet.

Also I know someone mentioned the whiskers earlier, so I'll let you in on a tiny secret. I hate doing whiskers in pixel format I never like how they come out, so I just didn't do them when I did the lineart c': BUT my adult does have some in the way of actual lineart edits.

And can I just say I'm so happy everyone loves the freckles, I love doing pixel freckles they are my favorite thing!"
    (source)

"It might be the fluff I added on the cheeks. It bothered me how un-fluffy the cat lineart is so I added fluff c': Even if actual cats aren't that fluffy, mine needed at least a bit of fluff. Also the eyes are a bit different from the original lineart which might be contributing." (source)

" I took partial inspiration from one of my favorite characters, the colors ended up being closer than I originally intended (they are also pink, originally I had imagined light blue or light green), but it still turned out perfect ;u;" (source)

Artist:
AquilaFuga
ImageImage
" Catradiction "

"It didn't take me too long to come up with the little concept for my cat's design. I'd say it was a few hours of experimenting with the lines before I figured out what I wanted to do.
    Actually doing it was harder because I've never done any serious digital drawing, so I was pretty much teaching myself GIMP the whole time. That and the fact that I designed my cat entirely with a macbook touchpad made progress pretty slow. cx"
    (source)

"I've been referring to them fondly as Catradiction, which is the closest this outcome has to a real name.

All these different ideas of a feral/war-like backstory are rad - although I'm afraid I don't have such a story to tell! In hindsight I wish I had gone with something with more depth, but I'm so glad people liked the outcome enough to hope it did have a story to go along with it anyways!

As for my creation process...
    I wouldn't have been able to pull of an elaborate concept like some of my teammates - so instead as I was doodling I decided to challenge myself to try and piece together different features and attributes which otherwise might have contradicted each other in some way. That heart-covered fur wouldn't match those sharp-looking claws in a conventional design, or that torn-off ear (which I suppose also contradicts the other ear?), and clearly the eyes themselves don't match up, where one is light and the other dark.
    The yellow-y eye also actually comes from my fursona! Linus shares the same eye colour - I always knew I wanted to put a bit of him in there somewhere. He's a dog too, so we have a hidden cat =/= dog contradiction going on as well.

Hence, Catradiction. Puns, amirite? 8D

Either way, I'm so glad to have come home to all these lovely comments about my kitty! Thank you everyone <3"
    (source)

Artist:
Lady Masquerade
" Kippo "

"The name of my cat is Kippo <3 " (source)

"And finally, the name of my cat, Kippo, was the largest hint. A lot of you guys all went on Google or different search engines to figure out the meaning, but I didn't see a post from anyone saying that they actually looked up the name in my personal posts! If you did so, you'd probably come across a post or two where I address a user by the nickname Kippo, which is short for their CS username, Kipposaur. If you went to Kipposaur's profile, you'd see "My birthday is June 15th!" in her signature.
    And what occured on that day?
    Why, this cat grew, of course!

So there you go, a breakdown of hints that should've pointed you in the direction of my cat much sooner. Kippo is named after my best friend, who of course, is Kipposaur. I had this cat grow on her birthday as a gift because of how much she means to me. Besides that, I really have no background information or unique story written about my cat. I hope you guys all liked her though, she was a lot of fun to make!<3"
    (source)

End of 2016 GH Cats

—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—

—•—•—•—•—

Continue Below to 2017 GH Cats

Last edited by Magen on Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:52 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Magen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

GH Cat Resource Guide: 2017

Postby Magen » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:56 pm

███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███

June Release
(2017) GH Litter Discussion Thread

10 General Helpers Participated:
AquilaFuga -●- Ashki -●- Celozon
Aaron✦ -●- Kyar -●- Lady Masquerade
lucky333123 -●- Orchid Sprig -●- Wesley -●- ZΕL

Aaron✦ designed the newborn this year.

Artist:
Orchid Sprig
ImageImage
Unnamed

"Correct! I didn't want to claim it until someone pointed out the similarity to my first staff dog :') But this is, indeed, my cat. I really like how it came out. And no, I don't have a name for it. And as far as the sig message, I just meant don't look at it too deeply. What you see is what you get. Purple eyes and crescent moon? Yeah, that has me written all over it." (source)

Artist:
AquilaFuga
ImageImage
" Hopper "

"Yes, if you'd seen my favourite video, you pretty much knew by now, but for those who missed it: enjoy.

He's called Hopper!

He's a little more simple than last year's cat, but let me tell you, getting the tail just right was a challenge in itself for me. Thankfully the fluffy butt on the teen worked well on its own so I didn't have to worry about that. |D

I don't have any story or the like for him, but I'm so glad to wake up to such lovely comments about him. You all get a cookie from me <3"
    (source)

Artist:
Lady Masquerade
ImageImage
" Bea "

"You guys got me - this is my cat! <3
    The Bee Egg hiding behind my flowerpot pet was the hint towards my growth. n v n As soon as I saw the dark blues/black/yellow, I knew I had to make a bee inspired cat! I guess if I had to name it, I'd call her Bea. c:
    I hope you all liked her !"
    (source)

Artist:
Aaron✦
ImageImage
" Lucy & Seline "

"Yeah, you guys got it!
    The windy parts of the lyrics were indeed reference to the clouds on the tabby, but really to get you to the other lyrics (the "friction" and "burning sun" stuff!)
    The lyrics being about choices was also a bit of an inside joke with myself since this design was a combination of a few that I couldn't choose between!!

The space related stuff was moreso hinting at the stars that you can see on these ladies when they're on a dark background. The July 2010 bwolves have sort of sparkly stars outside of the pets, and the one hint I mentioned you guys having missed was the items of July 2010 - suns, moons and stars. Then of course there's the two-tone CS tags that I did both this year and last year that Wolven Girl and Raire mentioned! Hopefully you guys will forget about that by next year! cx

For those interested in the backstory behind them, these two girls are separate deities and entities of the moon and sun, night and day, dark and light, all that jazz, who got stuck together when Lucy's shadow, Seline, was brought to "life". They didn't get on well at all to begin with, but eventually they fell in love and now... well, they're inseparable (; there's this adorable dressup that I'd be evil not to mention that has the two of them being all lovey 8D I'm glad you guys like them as much as you do, I read every post and I'm so flattered!! I hope you like them as much as I liked working on 'em~

As for the suspicions that I did the kitten, you guys were right about that too! ^^ I'm sorry some of you felt that it was misleading - quite a few of us initially planned on doing designs with the yellow but it's a lot harder to make something out of one yellow colour versus three blue colours haha - but as Raire said, and as with staff litters, the newborn stages never have any bearing on the outcomes themselves. That being said I loved the Pikachu speculations at the start of the month!!"
    (source)

Artist:
Wesley
ImageImage
" Indy "

"- My kitty is probably very tall...because they are covered in skyscrapers!
    - Indiana word scramble + (Marco) POLO = Indianapolis! In fact, all of the buildings in my kitty's skyline are from the Indianapolis skyline. I have so much love for that city!"
    (source)

"To be honest, I did not name them or give them a gender; in fact, I was thinking agender? But I guess I could call them 'Indy,' short for Indianapolis? c:" (source)

Artist:
Celozon
ImageImage
Unnamed

"ah you caught me! I'm 100% pixel nerd I don't think I'd be able to handle doing a non-pixel cat ;o;

I also like to think I can use this opportunity to show off some of the really cool things you can do with pixel art that just doesn't work the same with with non-pixel. I guess its part of my way of sharing how much I love pixel art or its just an excuse to draw more pixels lol"
    (source)

"Freckles are super cute and I wasn't able to resist giving them to my cat again this year ;w;" (source)

"My adult has fur lineart edits! I actually wanted to do a fluffy cat last year but it didn't really work with the rest of the cat c':" (source)

"My cats design is most definitely inspired by Dustil. When I did that particular piece, I was really concerned about butchering his markings because of all the blended, but once I figured out what I was doing it was actually pretty fun, and I wanted to get and do that sort of thing again. Its not quite as obvious on the teen, but you'll see it clearer on the adult." (source)

"So as was probably guessed by now, the theme was magic! Halloween related in a sense (though not necessarily), and my hint here was somewhat alluding to that fact with the smoke (which is really just visually similar, but I thought linking here would be too obvious)

I don't have a name for my cat, I prefer to let you all choose to see them in your own way, but I did prepare a short bit, just as the way I'd imagine they'd be (also bonus tie-in to my cat last year)"

Sometimes things go exactly as you plan..aand sometimes they go a little haywire. But thats the beauty of magic. One day your spell goes exactly as planned and the next day all you get is a pile of goo. What caused it? Were the conditions different, or did you pronounce something wrong? There are a million things that can go wrong with a spell, but sometimes it doesn't matter how many go wrong as long as you preform the handwork correctly. It doesn't make any sense, not logical sense anyway. The true heart of a spell is knowing exactly what you want. Unfortunately, people rarely know what they want. When raising the dead always ask this important question; Undead zombie or skeleton warrior? Make sure you have a clear goal in mind. Thats how you end up with zombie skeleton jelly cats people.
    (source)

"I'm really glad you all like my cat! I had a lot of fun making it. I actually really want to do a spotted design! Unfortunately with the magic on the feet, the design looked too busy with bunch of spots on it and took attention away from the magic. So I decided to do more of a glow design. In the end, I think it worked better with them ^^" (source)

"Seems like everyone else went so all-out that mine looks too plain this year (I tend to be minimalist though so thats not a surprise). I always get really happy when I hear that someone enjoys my outcome! ;w;" (source)

Artist:
lucky333123
ImageImage
" Isbjørn "

"...My kitty this year is a male named Isbjørn. Isbjørn means Ice Bear and in the Norweigan story, there is a white bear/polar bear in it, thus I used the concept with a bit of a twist." (source)

"Great job with figuring out my hints! I was trying to make them tricky this year, but maybe I made them slightly too tricky. Out of all the lyrics, only the Disney/Pixar lyric ones held any clues.

♫Just keep swimming♫ (Finding Nemo/Dory) <-- I was trying to give the hint about the color blue being a primary color in my kitty.
    ♫And at last I see the light, And it's like the sky is new, And it's warm and real and bright♫ (Tangled) <--- Supposed to represent the little lights in the cloud and can mean day
    ♫Have you ever heard the wolf cry to the blue corn moon♫ (Pocahontas) <-- Represents night
    ♫'Cause you'll be in my heart, Yes, you'll be in my heart♫ (Tarzan) <-- Representing love
    ♫Chase the wind and touch the sky I will fly♫ (Brave) <--- The tail of the kitty looks like clouds
    ♫They can't tell me who to be, Cause I'm not what they see, Yeah, the world is still sleeping, While I keep on dreaming for me♫ (Treasure Planet) <-- Appearances can be deceiving
    ♫All those days in the sun, What I'd give to relive just one, Undo what's done, And bring back the light♫ (Beauty and the Beast) <-- This one was the key hint. My kitty is somewhat based off of a Norwegian fairy tale called "East of the Sun and West of the Moon". I purposely choose a song that was from a live action movie because the Norwegian fairy tale is relate-able to Beauty and the Beast.

The picture of the butterfly was mostly just a troll hint, but it was also to give you an idea that my cat will have to do something with the sky.

You all did an amazing job figuring out my kitty."
    (source)

Artist:
Kyar
ImageImage
Unnamed

"My cat doesn't have a name - sorry! She's rather meaningful to me and pulls in a lot of inspiration from people in my life so rather than naming her I figured I'd just let you all choose your own path/names for her. :)" (source)

"yes the yawning kitty is mine. :) Sorry for those who thought it had a hairball - I also love the sneeze interpretation - but it's a kitty yawn. :) Inspired by my own very yawn-prone cats at home. :) If you look carefully when my kitty grows you'll be able to find "sweet dreams" somewhere. :)" (source)

"I'm so glad to see the positive reactions to my final stage! :) I'm sorry for those of you who liked the sleeping kitty but I'm glad the final outcome is something many of you seem to be happy with. :) I've read all the comments and they've all been wonderfully kind. I'll admit I used a program I had never worked with before this year and I was a little nervous about the outcome. But it seems it paid off!

As I know at least a couple people noticed the cat I've been calling a she ended up growing into a male-styled lion. I know there was a question about the pronouns and gender of the cat and some speculation as to whether or not they are intended to be a transgender but in reality there are a LOT of personal factors going into this cat that led to the confusion of gender.

This cat means MANY things to me and I could go on for a long time about all of the motivations and inspirations and intentions behind them - but in the end I wanted to leave the interpretation completely up to each of you. :) You can make them a he, a she, or neither - and their transformation can be real or imagined or anything you want. Primarily the idea came from two things I think are very important in life - staying true to yourself and never getting too old to dream. :)"
    (source)

"I had a lot of fun trying to perfect this pose - with the help of my fellow GHs and a few former salmon squad members. :)
    Can you find the "sweet dreams" on her? :)"
    (source)

Artist:
Ashki
" Penelope "

"You guys are correct, this little one is my cat! The second stage cat lines are my favorite on CS, so I couldn't help making mine a PPS again. x) It also is pretty similar to last year's cat, which was pointed out already!

My cat's name is Penelope, who is also my kitty in real life—click for a picture. Her eye are orange because that's my favorite color, and my real life Penelope is a ball of sunshine so I figured the yellow/white design was fitting! (Here we are again holding hands)"
    (source)

Artist:
ZEL
" Blue "

"As mentioned at the beginning of the month, I didn't give my kitty a name. I just didn't find anything that seemed fitting, I dunno.
    But yes, it is a blue jay, indeed. It doesn't have a backstory per se, unless you count, well...

I had a really hard time settling on a design this year. I considered a lot of different ones, some more random than others, and even when I definitely decided I wanted to do a bird again, it was hard to choose.

What I settled with eventually was the Steller's jay.
    Shoutout to pigeon who correctly guessed that my hint was referring to this bird! You were so close to figuring out the whole thing, but I worried that if I had told you that you were heading in the right direction, it'd have been too easy :c
    That said: It's not actually 'stellar's' jay. And that's possibly what ruined my hint a bit, haha. Because y'see... my cat's prior version was almost stellar because it was... steller... I will escort myself out, please don't hurt me...
    And the reason my cat and its predecessor are 'obviously similar' is because Steller's jay and the blue jay share a genus - Cyanocitta - they are closely related to each other!

The reason I changed the design is that I noticed while working on colouring my kitty that a lot of the other kitties that had been finished already were mostly dark-based. A lot of us used the darker colours as a base this year, and I felt like you might find it a little monotonous. So I decided to switch the design to the Steller's jay's lighter-coloured relative.

That wing caused me so much despair - those kitty lines are small.
    I'm so glad you seem to like this baby ;A; <3"
    (source)

"Hahaha, I love the aesthetic of altricial baby birds, but I'm afraid I couldn't slip in a nestling stage since our palette didn't allow for featherless pink baby dinosaurs. If there's one thing I kinda regret about last year's cat it's that I didn't make use of our pink-based palette to deliver an actual baby cockatoo design as a growing stage :'D
    Cute ugly baby birds are good.

That said, while I firmly planned on using the adult colouration for my cat, blue jay fledglings' wings are actually noteworthy because they're the first part of their plumage that starts resembling their adult pattern. Here's one, merely missing the barred pattern, and this little one is already looking pretty close. In conclusion the wings on my baby kitty make more sense than the blue on the rest of the body xD

I hope we can pretend that I take compliments with dignity and didn't blush at all :')
    ...Jokes aside, I'm so happy to see you're liking the little one <3 Thank you so much for all the kind comments!"
    (source)

"Meanwhile I've had so many different ideas for what to do with my cat that I had a hard time deciding, pfft. Still slightly sad about two of the dropped ideas, but there's just no releasing three cats xD" (source)

"A'ight, you know what? I'll tell you a bit about my cat.
    I mentioned already that there were quite a few ideas I had before making the outcome that I submitted for the litter.
    Some of them are not at all related to each other and were discarded out of frustration for a lack of good results, or because on a second thought, the concept didn't seem all that great any more.
    The last version before the one I ended up using, however, was an almost stellar design.
    It only had one flaw (in my opinion), which led me to instead creating the cat you're gonna end up owning (that is, if you get the outcome :'3), but you'll find that they are very obviously similar."
    (source)

"Last year I recall many people expressing they wished my cat had grown wings - something I shied away from since it was my very first time working with the CS lines and I didn't think I could pull of such a big edit.
    I took the risk this year, and I'm really glad it came out good enough to appeal to people."
    (source)

"...in fact I was so clueless on what to name the little bugger that I just kinda gave up on brainstorming and named the one in my faves group 'Blue'... because... it's blue...
    I did try to come up with a name, but nope, my mind blanked on that.
    Though, I guess if we have Mitch the Major Mitchell's Cockatoo, we may as well have Blue the Blue Jay.
    That's how creative I am."
    (source)

● ZEL grabbed the first pet of the month again, another GH cat. ^^ But again, not their own outcome this year! (source)

End of 2017 GH Cats

—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—

—•—•—•—•—

Continue Below to 2018 GH Cats

Last edited by Magen on Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Magen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

GH Cat Resource Guide: 2018

Postby Magen » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:56 pm

███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███

June Release

GH Litter Discussion Thread 2018

Ashki -●- Burrito Bunny -●- Celozon -●- Eagle's Eye
Aaron✦ -●- Kyar -●- lucky333123
Orchid Sprig -●- Wobbuffet -●- ZEL

Burrito Bunny designed the newborn this year.

Artist:
Burrito Bunny
ImageImage
" Espoir "

"😿 my kitty doesn't like violence" (source)

● User Question: "Does your kitty like to be cuddled and receive lots of attention?"
    "Cuddles? Yes. Attention? Not necessarily. She's found that sometimes attention can be a bad thing. "

User Question: "Does your kitty associate more with bunnies or cats?"
    "In appearance she looks more like a cat. However, she finds that bunnies tend to be sweeter creatures."

User Question: "Does your kitty like spooky things?"
    "No! She doesn't like to feel scared."
    (source)

"Little caracal kitty is mine. Her name is Espoir and she's very glad that you all have been so nice to her. Maybe she can grow up happy now, just as she had hoped <3" (source)

"Espoir - it is french for hope :3" (source)

"Ah she grew up today <3
    I'm glad people seem to like her. Today's the anniversary of a huge moment to me: actually being asked to join the team. It was a huge changing point in my life. I've been in and out of major struggles and depressions for the past few years, and CS was very much a way for me to just relax. The only life line sometimes as strange as it sounds. By joining the CS team, I finally found a supportive home where I felt I truly mattered and belonged and was wanted. It's been the best year imaginable, and I'm so happy things turned out the way it did. Even when life's demons beat me down and sucked the brights out of my world, I've found platforms to come springing back up. Thank you CS, thank you to my friends the Salmon Squad (once a salmon always a salmon), and thank you to the community as a whole <3"
    (source)

● User Question: "... what was the point of the 3rd stage if its not even hinted at in the final stage :^? As far as I can tell there's not even a hint of it, a healed up spot where the transparent heart was would have tied them together nicely"
    "It was more of a poetic choice really. In the future those who casually glance will never know anything was amiss, they will not understand the torment the kitty had endured. Only those who watched her grow will know her struggle, and think about how the shadows may be lurking for her again, seeing as their first appearance was so sudden. The only other group who will notice anything was ever wrong in her world are those who go back to scrutinize the archive, or rather her past.

It's never obvious what struggles people have gone through, and you will likely not realize what demons they've faced until you truly know them."
    (source)

● User Comment: "I know it's confirmed that this cutie's a caracal, i see a little la perm cat in the fur"
    "Ah yeah - she's not truly 100% Caracal, but a Caracal was part of the inspiration and that's what everyone agreed on so I started thinking about her that way too haha. I actually referenced a lot of different cats - both wild and domestic - while drawing. I started with a lynx, but didn't like the short tail, so I looked at caracals, but wanted more markings, and so on and so forth through a mixing pot of kitties until I hot a combination of traits I liked! Good eye for picking one of them out :D"
    (source)

Artist:
Ashki
ImageImage
” Ellie ”

No information available at this time.
(Able to fill in some blanks?)

Artist:
Kyar
ImageImage
" Belle "

"Last year, I was so nervous about the sleeping stage. I got a lot of help from the team to improve it from my original attempt at the lines, but I was still afraid it wasn’t enough - I thought no one would like it.

I was so shocked to see how many people loved it, and when you all said you wished it could stay that way, I felt so relieved and amazed and overjoyed! Because of that, and all the support I got from the community and my team, I brought back the same sleeping lineart from last year. I thought about trying to touch it up, but I realized that it was exactly the way it should be - maybe not perfect - but just the perfect way to remind me that I don’t have to be perfect.

This year’s kitty is named Belle, after my wonderful little niece who loves the colors purple and yellow - and who isn’t too bad a fisherman for a four-year-old girl. :)

((And yes, the whole cat is slightly transparent!))"
    (source)

"My outcome will be a glass animal!" (source)

Artist:
ZΕL
ImageImage
" Jasper "

"I miss you." (image) (source)

"He is mine, yes.
    Jasper was one of our cats. My sister adopted him and his sister, Laika, twelve years ago when they were abandoned at a shelter she volunteered at. They have been with our family ever since, and are incredibly precious to me.

Originally I wanted to make a different cat, based off a bird as usual. However, unfortunately Jasper passed away last month. I'm heartbroken to have lost my darling boy, and felt it was only right to create something to remember him.

The colour palette wasn't quite ideal for the task, but I like to think I made the most of it.
    I've recently re-read the warriors series, so I've given him a bit of a StarClan touch, thought it might make a nice addition.

And yeah, he did have a slightly stumpy tail :')

I'm very glad you like him <3"
    (source)

"I set dates for my growths in the past two years.
    My first cat grew into an adult at 21 days of age (22nd), my second cat grew on the 21st, because 21 is my lucky number~ (Together with 3. You'll notice my first cat reached its teen stage on the 3rd.)
    I didn't choose a date this year, however, so my cat's growth is a surprise."
    (source)

Artist:
Eagle's Eye
ImageImage
“ 暖暖 ”

"She's female"

User Question: "is your kitten a night owl or early riser?"
    "She's a night owl most of the time"
    (source)

Artist:
lucky333123
ImageImage
" Taqlikic "

"My inspiration for Taqlikic is based on Native American myth for Raven, the Trickster. Raven goes by a lot of different names depending on the location. I really wanted to create a mischievous cat, thus why Cel actually has a mischievous dress up of my cat. In addition, tricksters are known for being sly, but gender may not be what you would think. Taqlikic identifies as male, but is biologically is female.

My main reason for choosing to do my cat this year is for the fact that we go through similar experiences in real life. Though we obviously do not mean to cause chaos, we can through simple words and actions. Some of these actions and words can lead to positive results while others might not be so favorable. I feel like life is an adventure and you never know where it will lead you next. My GH family and my close online friends have helped me so much in finding myself, but also allowing me to learn and grow. If it wasn’t for some of my close friends, I wouldn’t have tried to become a GH. It was them convincing me to apply that made me even closer to the CS community. Taqlikic represents the portion of our community where we help each other through gifting, words, and actions.

I’m super happy that everyone has enjoyed my cat this year <3"
    (source)

"*high fives Irisid* They are definitely trans bros and I would like to think that they are very good friends with each other :D" (source)

Artist:
Orchid Sprig
ImageImage
Unnamed

"...Nope, no name. I never really name my pets. I considered making one just for the sake of it, but I couldn't think of one that really fits so I'd rather see what everyone else comes up with." (source)

"So first I decided to make a fluffy tail because I hadn't done it since my staff dogs, and I enjoy how they look. I referenced the tail off of the squirrels I made a few years ago since I thought it would look cool having that big of a tail curled over the back of the cat line art.

I actually had a different design before this one that was 100% done. Then I decided I wanted to pay homage both to my older pets, and to a special event that happened in my life. I actually got married at the end of May! And we had a galaxy inspired wedding (check out our cake). I thought it would be cool to tie in the idea of galaxy theme into my cat with the stars and moon. And thus after some tweaking here and there, my squirrel kitty was born!

A fun fact though about me; my husband and I have animal nicknames for each other. For example, I call him a goose frequently because he acts like a 'silly goose'. Well, he likes to refer to me as a squirrel because I squirrel away chocolate in various places (I love it but it takes me a long time to eat it), and I have an appetite that is more fitting to the size of a squirrel's stomach."
    (source)

Artist:
Celozon
ImageImage
Unnamed

"No name or defined gender, so go with what you want! Same as all my cats really totally not cause I'm bad at coming up with good names." (source)

"And someone recognizes that the little buddy there is in fact as skink! A blue-tounged skink to be specific." (source)

"Guess I should say a little about the inspiration behind mine as well! I suppose to put it simply, I've really fallen in love with reptiles over the past years. I mean, I've always liked them, but I just really started to appreciate them and realize how awesome they are more and more over the years. One thing I've really set my heart on is eventually getting a lizard. Unfortunately, not something I can do in my current situation, but something I hope can happen in the near future.

So, my cat was really meant as an expression of my love of reptiles. My cat isn't meant to be any specific reptile, just reptilian in nature, using a few aspects of different reptiles. Particularly, the tail is based off of an alligator tail, and the eye is based off of eyes like this one (warning that this is a close-up of a lizard eye, for those not keen on seeing that type of thing)

And as for the little guy sitting on their back, for those who may not recognize it, thats a blue-tounged skink! Its actually the type of lizard I want to get, to be specific, it is the northern variety. When I saw how well the pallet reflected the coloring of a northern blue-tounged skink, I knew I needed to include it (and hopefully I did it justice!).

But mostly, I wanted this cat to share something I enjoy with you guys ^^

Also, have a bonus sketch I made earlier ouo/ (pic)"
    (source)

● User Question: "Is that a Tokay Gecko?!?!"
    "Not entirely sure, but it does look like that species does have eyes like that so I'd say it probably is aha"
    (source)

Artist:
Wobbuffet
ImageImage
" M30W "

"My cat’s name is M30W! (Without the exclamation point.) Yes, I know it’s a bad pun but I couldn’t resist" (source)

"YES!! That one is mine! I'm very impressed that you figured it out so quickly!! When I tried to reverse-translate it myself, it took me way longer. A lot of you pretty much figured out that mine was the Loading cat when I gave out previous hints, but I didn't want to reveal it yet. I probably should have planned my hints better so you guys could have gradually figured it out, and I'm planning on planning better next year.

I tried to keep my edits simple because I'm not the most talented artist. I'm a total sucker for mechs/robots/sci-fi and all that other cool stuff so I had to do a cat that was at least semi-robotic. Anyways, I can't wait until you guys get to see my cat's fully grown form because I had a lot of fun designing it!"
    (source)

● User Question: "What's your cat's favorite food?"
    "To be honest, my cat isn't a big fan of eating and has other ways of getting energy, but they would never turn down a request to grab ice cream with a friend!"

User Question: "What are three adjectives that describe your cat ? :0"
    "Outgoing, energetic, and curious! My cat loves going new places and meeting new people and animals."

User Question: "What is the main achievement(s) or goal(s) that your cat works towards, Wobbuffet?"
    "My cat wants to meet as many people and animals as possible! They love learning about different cultures and helping others."
    (source)

Artist:
Aaron✦
*newborn*
" Wodwo "

"Oh yeah! His name is Wodwo <: (and he grew on father's day, for anyone wondering!)" (source)

"Although not based on any existing cryptids, this was definitely a vibe I was going for so I'm glad that came across! All of my GH cats so far have been deities - of space, time and now earth respectively - hence Keeper of Space and Mothers Time. They're not based on any preexisting deities and are just of my own creation but obviously other tropes bleed into my ideas - since I did the two time mums last year, I really wanted to toy with the idea of a Father Earth this year. With his long leggies, horns, face shape, deer spots and eyes he's supposed to resemble a hooven mammal, but I also wanted the horns, tail and stump leg to give the impression that he and the tree are in some kind of symbiotic relationship wherein parts of him are literally made from the tree.

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for all your kind words and nicely worded criticisms (which I'll definitely take to heart in future years!). And also a big thank you to all the artists who've drawn him - we both appreciate it! :3<"
    (source)

"I guess I'll go through some of the hints that I left first:
    • "Conspiracy theory: one has 3 legs" "Wouldn't that be cool?" He only has three legs!
    • "Y'all know I love drawing my stars." The little symbol next to the cs tag is a little sparkle or star (;
    • :3< ZEL pointed out that that's how my cat would make the ":3c" face, given his little stump leg
    • "I don't think it's too much of a spoiler to say that this wasn't my first choice palette, so pulling off what I wanted to do took a bit more.. thinking outside the box. But it all worked out, and that process was a lot of fun. (:"
    As you can probably tell, I was hoping for a more nature-y palette to pull this guy off - and I almost didn't attempt to do him after we ended up with this palette, but in the end I'm really happy with what all the colours were used for in his design.
    • "He's very grounded" He's a literal embodiment of earth, so. Very grounded. See below haha
    • "Okay okay, I'll go ahead and give y'all one thing: my cat does not have any stars on him." The lighter dots on his back half are actually supposed to be reminiscent of deer spots and not stars at all!
    • "Aye! Yellow!" Was supposed to be read phonetically to give you the hint that the eyes are yellow - well done to ElijahWilkes for getting that one
    • ?????? ????? did indeed stand for Father Earth (Mai-Ling you were so quick)
    • And all the earth emojis and symbolism was again because he's Earth. Well done to atychiphobia for picking up on much of that."
    (source)

End of 2018 GH Cats

—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—

—•—•—•—•—

Continue Below to 2019 GH Cats

Last edited by Magen on Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:53 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Magen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

GH Cat Resource Guide: 2019

Postby Magen » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:58 pm

███ ███ ███ ███ ███

June Release

GH Litter Discussion Thread 2019

Ashki -●- Burrito Bunny -●- Celozon -●- Eagle's Eye
Aaron✦ -●- Kyar -●- lucky333123
Orchid Sprig -●- Wobbuffet -●- ZEL

Burrito Bunny designed the newborn this year.

Artist:
Ashki
ImageImage
" Evie "

"It's true, this little one is mine! This is Evie, who has short legs just like my Corgi (whose name is Mochi) in real life. Once I get a female Corgi her name will be Evie, hence my kitty's name this year!

There were 2 clues on my profile; My interests (Corgis!) and a link in my signature (), which shows a picture of my Corgi. They weren't too obvious, but it looks like some of you figured out the first one!

This is the first year I did line edits. The second stage PPS cat lineart is my favorite lineart on the whole site, and I've always wanted to attempt a munchkin kitten. I hope you guys like her! I absolutely love how everyone's cats turned out this year. n_n"
    (source)

Artist:
Eagle's Eye
ImageImage
Name N/A

Artist:
Orchid Sprig
ImageImage
Unnamed

● User Question: "Ya got a name for them, or is the name up to us user's?"
    "Totally up to you guys. I'm not one for thinking of names, haha. I prefer seeing other people's creativity."
    (source)

"I used the same final line art that I used last year because I liked it so much (and I'm bad at art so I am not one to do line edits anyway)" (source)

Artist:
Wobbuffet
ImageImage
" Andromeda "

"Meet Andromeda!

As you've already figured out, this "cat-ronaut" (or "space cat-det" if you prefer) is my kitty! As soon as the palette was decided, I knew that I had to make some kind of space-themed design. To clarify, Andromeda is not based on Elton John, but if you'd like to think of her as being his representative cs pet, go ahead! (A pet based on him would be a really cool idea for possible future litters... 👀)

As for my hints, I regret not doing more, but I hope you liked my secret-text-image hint and my answers to your questions about Andromeda! (I admit, the purple eyes hint could have been better because her eyes are a bit hard to see through her helmet... oops)

I stayed pretty minimal with my line-edits this year and had a lot of fun designing her! I had a bit of trouble with the line-edits at first, but after much trial and error, I think they came out pretty well and I like the resulting effect on her overall lineart!"
    (source)

● User Question: "Does your cat prefer KFC or McDonalds?"
    "McDonalds! McDonalds! McDonalds! My kitty prefers McDonalds simply because she likes the toys :P"

User Question: "Is your kitty vegan or vegetarian?"
    "She is not vegan or vegetarian, but is open to eating all sorts of things!"

User Question: "Is your kitty friends with another GH's kitty?"
    "Hmm... I haven't actually thought about this one. She would probably want to befriend them if she met them on her travels!"

User Question: "Is your kitty bearing line-edits?"
    "Yes, my kitty has line-edits!"

User Question: "Does your kitty have a favourite thing to do?"
    "She loves traveling!"

User Question: "What does your kitty dislike the least?"
    "Hmm... She's not a big fan of being bored or waiting around for something to happen. She likes action!"
    (source)

Artist:
lucky333123
ImageImage
" Tsovinar "

"Tsovinar, who also goes by Nar, is based off of the Armenian goddess of water, sea, and rain with a slight twist. In the ancient myths, she would unleash horrible rain storms; however, I have a different interpretation of her. Nar controls the seas through her mischievous ways. She can be helpful to those who are lost; however, anyone who purposely does wrong will suffer her wrath. Overfishing, pollution, throwing toxic waste in the water, and capturing marine mammals are some of the worst crimes one can do in Nar's eyes. She will throw storm after storm on you if you step onto any sort of water, hence teaching those to not harm the environment. When she evokes her powers, her eyes and nose change color bringing fear to those who know better.

However, Nar is a very sweet cat who loves to make new friends and personally I would say that she is good friends with a few of the other GH cats. She loves to play pranks and loves to play with the water creatures. To her friends, she is known to disappear in an second and blend directly into the ocean, hence making her extremely, if not impossible to find!"
    (source)

● User Question: "Does you kitty enjoy bananas?"
    "I would say that my kitty does enjoy bananas, but there is one fruit that beats them all ^.^" (source)

● User Question: "Does your kitty like the daytime or nighttime?"
    "I would say my kitty loves both because both times bring new experiences. There is so much that goes on during both times, but you have to be aware to witness it." (source)

● User Question: "What are your kitty’s top five favourite foods/drinks?"
    "Oooo that is a good question. My kitty loves ice cream, mango, cookies, ginger ale, and hot chocolate." (source)

● User Question: "What would your cat/ kittens play as if they played G&G?"
    "Hmm I think mine would be a magician!" (source)

● User Question: "Is your kitty a good swimmer?"
    "Why yes, she is an amazing swimmer ^.^ She loves to swim and splash in the water." (source)

● User Question: "What kind of games does your kitty like to play?"
    "My kitty sadly doesn’t know many games other than she loves to play tag." (source)

● User Question: "Which cat is she most protective of?"
    "I would most likely say rockruff's Selkie one would be the one she is most protective of; however she is also protective of the owl-looking one."
    (source)

● User Question: "I’d like to know about her growth, where the purple on her tail appears to dissolve into the water and the clouds become bigger. What does that represent?

And do the two tails have a meaning, or are they just there because they’re cool?"
    "The area where it dissolves it is a transition to a wave being formed. The two tails are basically like a wave that is starting to crash. I did the transition to make it more seemless, but to also show that the wave is starting to crash. (image reference)"
    (source)

Artist:
Celozon
ImageImage
" Q "

"Ah I knew it would be pretty obvious once they grew, yup, this one is mine! They look especially awesome on a dark background fyi. (You would not believe how much work it was making sure those wings were visible to matter which CS theme you are using, so your welcome people who use obscure themes, I checked it on all of them, no invisible wings for you. Thats partly why the colors are mixed, but also cause it looks cool)

Get ready for a massive post (sorry)

Some basic facts since I can't story right now: Their name is Q, or Cue (pronounced the same). You're free to view them as whatever gender you like, as for me I personally view them as non-gendered/gendervoid/agender (Depending on how you define/interpret those). They are a fully robot/android cat, the liquid in their belly flows throughout their body and keeps them running, it also forms the pixelated wings and 'leaks'. Its also thicker than water, think like, hydraulic fluid. I see them as a kind of mix between physical and virtualization, perhaps with the use of holographic technology? Feel free to create your own idea of what they are exactly.

They were not based on anything specific, though the name, Q, is a nod at the Star Trek series. I watched it a lot (especially TNG) as a kid and still enjoy it today (I also enjoy DS9 and Voyager!). So while not specifically named after the character Q from the series, or being anything like him for that matter, I felt the name really fit for the sci-fi vibe.

I have very much wanted to try doing some form of robo-cat since, probably the first litter, but worried in part that it is common with staff litters, and my own uncertainty of doing something so complex, I hadn't done one yet. I was able to form a much better idea of what I wanted them to look like in the past year though, and wanted to bring a mix on pixel and non-pixel in way that still flowed and looked natural, try and bring something new to the group of robo-pets already on the site. And I also enjoy getting to use pixel art in my cat as a way to show some of the unique aspects that pixel art can have (not last year's cat as much admittedly, but it was something I worked towards strongly in the first two). But also just wanted to make a super cool robo-cat, cause robots are awesome right? Yeah.

I struggled a lot with this cat's design, way more than I did on any other cat. Doing non-pixel art is not something I'd super confident in and trying to emulate the original lineart is not easy for me aha. Special thanks to the GH team for helping me out with getting the design just right, I made so many changes, probably really annoying asking them every time I made a tiny tweak if it looked better or not lol. But I'm really happy with how it came out in the end and really proud that I actually did this design that I've been wanting to do for so long. All my cats are special to me in their own way, but this one especially.

A little backstory if you will; My cat was originally born with a biological body (thus, the teen stage), being especially scientifically and logically minded, they ended up falling into the fields of robotics & all things computer (both working with physical computer parts and with coding). One thing leads to another, at a certain point they create a fully-functioning robotic body that can be used just as a biological body could be, and eventually they move in c: Thats just my own interpretation anyway, feel free to interpret them and the details however you like.

I designed the teen stage to show hints to the final stage, without being overly obvious that it would end up being robotics, or what they would eventually become, but still enough that it could be easily interpreted (I know at least one person mentioned it looked like they were building something). Since their body would eventually be replaced, the markings on the teen didn't matter too much, but I wanted to give some hints in reference to my previous cats so it could potentially be connected back to me if you look hard enough. The back markings are similar to 2016 skel-kitty's spine, the upper arm and leg markings like the freckles on 2017 space/magic kitty, and the lower arm/leg markings like 2018 lizard-kitty's scales (at least that one was pointed out). I also added very faint cheek freckles, which should have made it painfully obvious it was mine (I made them faint cause I was worried about them being too obvious). I absolutely love freckles and I put them on my cats whenever I can, I mentioned my love for freckles with the first two cats at least, and the second one has arm and leg freckles as well."
    (source)

"Answerqs from my cat, as promised!"

User Question: "Sweet, sour, or savory food?"
    Q: "I am a sugar fiend :3"
    (source)

User Question: "Favorite Book Genre?"
    Q: "I like adventure books, the idea of exploring new places and opening new frontiers ^w^" (source)
    Celozon, later: "New frontiers -> Star Trek reference (specifically, 'the final frontier' quote from TNG theme) -> referencing the sci-fi vibe, Q name, etc."
    (source)

User Question: "Can you jump high?"
    Q: "I'm not very good at athletics >: But being high is scary so thats fine."
    (source)

User Question: "Does your kitty like the ocean?"
    Q: "The ocean holds a number of untold possibilities, I'm sure there is something in it that I would like :3c"
    (source)
    Celozon, later: "Both of these references my cat's inclination to think scientifically/logically, the first in line with the 'new frontiers' answer earlier, and the second specifically referencing how they'd eventually be willing to give up their biological body and move into a robotic one (remember I was answering these from the cats point of view as a child/teen, so they didn't yet have a robo body)." (source)

User Question: "Does your cat have a friend or item that it keeps with it at all times?"
    Q: "No, I don't have anything I'm particularly attached to, I suppose I prefer to look forward than back."
    (source)
    Celozon, later: "Both of these references my cat's inclination to think scientifically/logically, the first in line with the 'new frontiers' answer earlier, and the second specifically referencing how they'd eventually be willing to give up their biological body and move into a robotic one (remember I was answering these from the cats point of view as a child/teen, so they didn't yet have a robo body)." (source)

User Question: "Is your kitty a dreamer?"
    "Definitely!"
    (source)
    Celozon, later: "Considering they made an entire new body for themselves, that would be a requirement (and I kinda see all scientists as dreamers in one way or another, working to discover something new and unknown)." (source)

● On why Celozon's kitty is less pixelated in earlier stages this year:
    "...And its true, I used a pixel lineart for the teen the first year and since I wasn't well known for pixel art except by people who actually knew me, it wasn't immediately obvious it was mine (as it would be if I tried that now)."
    (source)

"And thank you all so much! I'm really happy you like my cat! <3 Probably made it obvious in my other post, but I'm 100% fine with you deciding for yourself how you interpret them, so if it resembles a specific character or idea, etc. to you, go for it. I like to leave them pretty open-ended for each person to decide for themselves, especially with a concept like this which could be seen a lot of different ways. " (source)

Artist:
Aaron✦
ImageImage
" Itâra "

● rockruff confirmed their kittie's name was Itâra! (source)

"She is indeed a Selkie (good job on the silkie hint. It wasn't just that they were one vowel away, but the mythological creature is also sometimes called a silkie!)" (source)

● User Question: "What would your cat/ kittens play as if they played G&G?"
    "Druid! The species would give her away, though..."
    (source)

● User Question: "Would your kitty prefer sweet or salty foods? Any specific reason why?"
    "Absolutely salty foods. There is a specific reason why, yes."

User Question: "What season does your cat remind you most of/which would be their favorite?"
    "I think most people would be reminded of winter by her due to the landscape of place she comes from, but its iconically colourful houses actually makes me think of summer."
    (source)

Artist:
Kyar
ImageImage
Unnamed

"They're certainly a nocturnal creature, between the owl face and glowing markings I think the nighttime suits them well. :) They're much more of a loner, and perhaps wouldn't get along well with other cats - but I do think it's more that they spend their time hidden away than out of fear of being eaten. But who knows!

The "V" hint was connected to my original spell hint, which yes, referenced Faerie Fire! If you look at the faerie fire spell page, the only component for the spell is "v" (verbal), which was supposed to point you in that direction. I chose this spell as a hint partially because the colors described fit the palette and my personal color choices well, but also because my cat was inspired by a more fae-like world!

And yes - the "K" is a dead giveaway. ;) Lol."
    (source)

"...Anyway - my cat this year doesn't have a name, and I guess doesn't really much count as a cat, do they?
    This year I decided to go back to some of my favorite things - I'm a sucker for fantasy and anything related to the fae, so as soon as we decided on this color scheme I knew I was going to do something fairylike.
    I knew going into this litter that it would be my last run with the salmon squad, and I know I'll miss it dearly, but I thought that choosing a fantasy, dreamlike design would really embody the wonderful time I've had as part of the team on this site. Amazingly, I've been a GH longer than a regular member - by quite a lot! I'll never forget how amazing it's been, and it really was a kind of dream come true. Much like my kitty here.

They might not have a story of their own, but their story comes out of the dreams and exciting memories we've all had. They're a spirit of sorts, an embodiment of joy and excitement, wonder, and never giving up on dreams.

I had fun putting together all the features of this kitty, and as someone pointed out, they do have both a bit of a muzzle and a beak - strange as it is, I left the mouth ambiguous partially because I liked the look of it, but also because I love seeing how different people can start with the same thing and find something unique in it. Whatever you see is up to your own imagination, they're a creature of magic and perhaps a little bit of mischief - so you're free to interpret any part of the design as anything you'd like!

I just wanted to say one last thank you to all of you who've made my time as a part of this team so, so wonderful. I'll miss it, no doubt, and I wouldn't trade it for the world. Thank you all for all your support and best wishes for a bright future!"
    (source)

● User Question: "Does your kitty like the night or day?"
    "They certainly thrive in the nighttime, I think. :)"
    (source)

● User Question: "Is your kitty fond of bigger cats?"
    "I don't think my cat hangs around big cats very often - they're much more of a loner."
    (source)

Artist:
Burrito Bunny
" Malo "

The only person you are destined to become,
    is the person who you decide to be.

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

All the courage in the world cannot truly prepare you for the major steps that happen between the stages of your life. Even with a heart filled to the brim with adventure, sometimes you just want to retreat back to your childhood and snuggle up when things were simpler and safe. The world tries its best to batter that warmth from our memories though, with countless set backs and challenges at every point.

Keep your eyes open, and always get back to your feet. We are who we are because of our youth, and your inner child never needs to die. Just hold their hand when the going gets rough, and make sure they bounce back with you."
    (source)

● User Question: "Burr, how does your kitty feel about bunnies?"
    "He's pretty neutral about em. He judges individuals not species."
    (source)

● User Question: "Do you like the outdoors?"
    Malo: "Yes! I spend most of my time outside!"

User Question: "Cold colors or warm colors? Which do you prefer?"
    Malo: "Cold colors would match my fur better but I still prefer warm ones. Reminds me of my home; it rarely snows there."

User Question: "Do kitties say you're cute?"
    Malo: "They think I’m very cute but I’d prefer a more threatening image."

User Question: "Would you call yourself more relaxed or active?"
    Malo: "Active! I’m always up for a good adventure!"
    (source)

"Agree, had ice cream cake earlier today, it is the best invention yet in the culinary world.

I think my kitty would like it too. It gets a bit hot where he's from."
    (source)

● User Question: "Is your kitty best friends with one of this year's other GH kittens?"
    "He isn't very close to any of them yet, but he enjoys being part of a squad so he hopes they can all get along. He especially admires Celozon's kitty - maybe they can be buds someday?"

● User Questions: "Is your kitty fast on its feet? Can they hide well? What weather best suits them?"
    "Very fast! He's an agile little scamp. He can also hide pretty well, he isn't noticed all too often on a normal basis, so it's even more effective when he's trying.

He likes it sunny and warm, but he is resilient enough to go through most types of weather. With his favorite interests in mind it's no wonder; the wind can be so cold, even under a summer sun!"
    (source)

Artist:
ZΕL
" Lumi "

"My cat's name is Lumi. She's named after my boyfriend's OC, because she reminded me of her. No point reading into it as a hint, though - the actual meaning of the name itself only applies to the character, not my cat. I just joked at one point that my cat looks like she could be Lumi's fursona, and the joke stuck, lol." (source)

"As I've said in the name reveal post, there is no further connection between cat Lumi and human Lumi besides my silly joke about fursonas.
    That said, if you're really curious, here she is as drawn by two of my friends and a boredom-motivated sprite edit I made a while ago.
    The sprite uses her default outfit, so yeah it's really just colour palette resemblances :'D (Though I do also think that Lumi would like what my cat is based on. Not that it's much of a clue. She is a pokemon animal person pffft.)
    (source)

"Yep, that's Lumi!
    The nectar-sipping, flower loving girl who is a bit intimidated by other cats because she is very tiny.

She's based off a white-necked jacobin hummingbird, with some artistic liberty taken to match the colour palette.
    ImageImage

I'm glad you like her! <3
    She was a challenge for sure. Shading and lighting has always been a bit of a weak point for me previously, so I wasn't confident at first if I'd be able to make an outcome based off such a shiny bird :'D I think I learned a lot from it! In hindsight I think I could've pushed the colouring even further, but I'll just experiment more with that the next time, and stay satisfied for now."
    (source)

"I wonder what my cat likes to eat. Something tells me she enjoys sweet things, too..." (source)

"It would be interesting to find out if Lumi likes catnip. She has quite the strange diet, wouldn't touch a mouse with a ten foot pole. But catnip might be fine, it's not meat so it could be worth a try!
    I also get the impression that she seems to actually be a bit scared of other cats..."
    (source)

"It's kind of difficult, she seems to be a very picky eater. Maybe I will return here and share my research with you guys when I find out more c: Perhaps if people have some ideas I could give her more food to try out. I'll let you know how it goes, maybe we can pinpoint her favourite treat! " (source)

"(art)Lumi refuses to eat chicken, and thinks salmon smells so terrible it can't possibly be worth tasting. She does like ice cream a bit, but she didn't finish her portion because she said it was too much.
    Hmmmm"
    (source)

● User comment: "I think your cat is either a vegetarian or a chicken."
    User comment: "Have her try Oat, Trout, eggs, cucumber, cheese, and some cantaloupe. this mystery shall not go unsolved!"
    "It doesn't look like Lumi is particularly interested in these types of foods, huh.
    I was curious to investigate the vegetarian idea, but as far as our test foods went, she was just trying to push the cantaloupe around like a toy.
    I've been continuing to feed her ice cream, since that's the only thing she's been willingly consuming from our list of foods so far.
    But I sure hope we'll find the right treat soon, so she can have an appropriate diet. I'd hate for her sweet tooth to go rotten :P"
    (source)

"Who doesn't like pasta? She sure is one confusing dinner guest." (source)

● User question: "How about strawberries?"
    "She seems to really appreciate these, though she doesn't exactly eat them! She keeps licking them with much enthusiasm, haha."
    (source)

End of 2019 GH Cats

—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—

—•—•—•—•—

Continue Below to 2020 GH Cats

Last edited by Magen on Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:53 pm, edited 23 times in total.
Magen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

GH Cat Resource Guide: 2020

Postby Magen » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:59 pm

███ ███ ███ ███ ███

June Release

GH Litter Discussion Thread 2020

8 General Helpers Participated:
Eagle's Eye -●- lucky333123 -●- Orchid Sprig -●- popping star
Aaron✦ -●- Swishy & Broken -●- Wobbuffet -●- ZΕL

lucky333123 designed the newborn this year.

Artist:
Aaron✦
ImageImage
ImageImage
" Mango "

"Those of you that mentioned the ripening of the stages akin to a mango were spot on, and everyone saying lovebird is completely correct too. This is my little Mango! ...If you know much about me you'll know that I, too, am a lover of birds - no doubt inherited from ZEL's encylopaedic knowledge lol. As soon as I saw the palette I knew that a lovebird was the direction I wanted to go in... If any of you are curious as to where Mango fits in with my constructed GH mythos, this one is a deity of Summer. Mango is very close to its adoptive mothers, the goddesses of time Lucy and Seline (Lucy in particular - it needs the sun to grow)! Mango is associated with the happy glow of making sunny memories with people you love. I know that's not possible for all of us right now, but I hope it can at least bring a smile to your face in its silliness!" (source)

"Give me some questions about my cat personally (not about their design!) and I'll give you some clues. Also, if you can guess what their favourite food is, I'll give you a hint." (source)

User Question: "What kind of games does your kitty play if they do play? My guess is pizza."
    "Hide and seek, and fetch! No, my kitty is absolutely not allowed pizza." (source)

User Question: "Does your cat like being in nature? And my guess is ice cream!"
    "Yes, very much!! Especially in wooded areas with trees. I'm sure they like a couple of licks of ice cream, but they're lactose intolerant so they shouldn't have any more than that." (source)

User Question: "What Warrior Cats Clan would your kitty be in? My guess for favorite food is spaghetti!"
    "Skyclan! Spaghetti isn't their favourite, but they do like it - uncooked!" (source)

User Question: "Is your kitty's favourite food melon?"
    "Again, not a favourite, but the seeds are the best part." (source)

User Question: "Would your kitty be an earth bender too?"
    "Nope! They're definitely an air bender."
    (source)

Artist:
Eagle's Eye
ImageImage
Name N/A

● User Comment: "The underbelly of the new kitty, to me, looks like an outline of a little person wishing on the star overhead. Idk if it means anything, I just thought it was cute."
    "It is a little person standing on a grassy slope and looking at a star shooting by. :P"
    (source)

User Comment: "That made me think about Le Petit Prince. I could see the colour palette fitting too..."
    "I wasn't thinking of The Little Prince when drawing it, but now that you mentioned it I can see why you think that way"
    (source)

Artist:
Wobbuffet
ImageImage
" Cocomero "

"Meet Cocomero the playful explorer!

This year’s palette immediately made me think of a watermelon, so I knew I wanted to include one in the design somehow. Aside from the watermelon, I ended up just adding some features that I thought would be fun! Although I wasn’t initially going for this look, her design reminds me of a musketeer! or should I say a mus-cat-eer? ;D"
    (source)

Artist:
Orchid Sprig
ImageImage
Unnamed

"My cat also does not have an official name c:" (source)

"Thank you everyone for all the nice words <3

To be honest, the markings aren't really based on anything. I do like both Zelda and Celtic designs, so the fact that both of those things were mentioned, makes me quite happy! I may have been subconsciously biased towards those kinds of designs, but it wasn't purposeful. I just went with some whimsy and put together two of the designs I liked from my first draft stage."
    (source)

Artist:
ZΕL
ImageImage
" Starfruit "

"Their name is Starfruit c:" (source)

● User Question: "It's a starfruit, right Zel?"
    "yes it is" (source)

User Comment: "I really hope the last sleeping kitty that hasn't grown yet is Zel's because that would make me laugh."
    "What I said was true, I did in fact not have a growth stage of my cat finished by the time the litter released. But as funny as it would be to me if that resulted in an eternally slumbering kitten, I think the Admins would've found it substantially less funny :P" (source)

Artist:
lucky333123
" Akhet "

"Meet Akhet!

She is based off of the Aset (Isis is Greek name for her) whose parents are Geb and Nut. Her origin first comes from the myth of Geb and Nut who were forced to separated since Ra, the sun god was afraid of anyone taking his thrown. Geb being stuck on the earth while Nut was stuck in the sky. Nut found a loophole which meant if she could hold onto some moonlight, she could create a day that was not on the official calendar. Due to this loophole, she ended up getting enough moonlight with a help of Thoth, the god of wisdom to create 5 extra days to which she could be with Geb. She has 5 children with Aset being one of them. Aset is the goddess of healing and magic.

For her markings, the marking on her forehead means "sun" in Egyptian. The double circle on her chest was also to represent the word "sun". I was trying to make a reference to Horus who is her son and the ruler of the sky. The division of her coloring between her legs and main body were to represent the division between Geb and Nut. The tail was supposed to give you the idea of sunset which is where her name, Akhet is derived from."
    (source)

● User Question: "Do they have a favourite book/movie? If so, what is it?"
    "Hmm I would say one of their favorite books is The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan." (source)

User Question: "Does your kitty enjoy mysteries?"
    "My kitty likes reading about mysteries especially things about the past." (source)

User Question: "What's up with Akhet having three legs?"
    "I thought it would be neat to have a kitty that wasn't the typical 4 legged cat." (source)

Artist:
Swishy & Broken
Unnamed

"The little dinosaur cat is indeed mine, I never gave him an official name or anything but I had a ton of fun designing him! It was honestly so much fun to participate in the GH litter this year and I am in love with my fellow GH's cats!" (source)

"Actually, my cat would probably hate any socks..." (source)

Artist:
popping star
" Akane "

"Their name's Akane. Rockruff inspired me to name them something apple-related, and Akane is a type of apple! They really like sweet foods/fruits, which is another reason why I decided to name them after a type of apple. My cat also goes by any pronouns.

As for the song title/artist name hints, As a star, Red Moon, Which Star (by Black6ix), and I'M A STAR were the important songs. The titles with 'Star' in the name and the stars I placed on the cats' foreheads were there to signal the importance of the word 'star', a portion of my username. To add on to this, two at the time ungrown kittens had names including 'Star'. This was to try to point out the significance of the ungrown kitten. 'Red' in Red Moon was a reference to my cat's main base color, and the '6' portion of Black6ix referenced the 6 legs. I wanted the song hints to be fairly tricky since I had narrowed my cat down very quickly. ^^;"
    (source)

End of 2020 GH Cats

—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—

—•—•—•—•—

Continue Below to 2021 GH Cats

Last edited by Magen on Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:54 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Magen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

GH Cat Resource Guide: 2021

Postby Magen » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:00 pm

███ ███ ███ ███ ███

June Release

GH Litter Discussion Thread 2021

6 General Helpers Participated:
| Aloy | -●- Eagle's Eye -●- lucky333123
Swishy & Broken -●- Wobbuffet -●- ZΕL

Swishy & Broken designed the newborn this year.

Artist:
Wobbuffet
ImageImage
" Mario "

"...my cat is the bunny magician! His official name is Mario, named after the magic shop owner in my favorite movie, Pee-Wee's Big Adventure!" (source)

Artist:
Eagle's Eye
ImageImage
Name N/A

Artist:
| Aloy |
ImageImage
" Aloy "

"I think naming the kitty Aloy would make sense! And it still works for anyone who likes naming the cats after the person who made them lol. So for the first time, my outcome will have an actual name too. Thank you!" (source)

"My cat is based on my Airedale puppy. She is about 10 months old now and she is such a happy puppy I had to use her as inspiration for my cat this year. My puppy's name is Aloy after the main character of the video game Horizon Zero Dawn." (source)

User Question: "What is your kitty's least favorite season?"
    "Ooh that's a good question. Well the fall has leaves to play in, and winter has snow to play in... I'll say summer is her least favorite because thunderstorms are scary and hot weather!"
    (source)

User Question: "Some thought that crossed your mind while you were working on your kitty? :)
    What's the kitty's fave activity/hobby/food/book/music or something like that, like some interest of the kitty..."
    "My kitty makes me think of something I love a lot, so I thought about that a lot. And for an interest? It has got to be squirrels!"
    (source)

"I just realized I didn't do one of my typical characteristics this year. >.>" (source)

Artist:
Swishy & Broken
ImageImage
Name N/A

"I suppose now is as good a time as any to confirm that Moth-Kitty is indeed my outcome this year !

There are actually way more similarities than two between my outcomes, you guys really listed so many more than even I was aware of tbh! (:

The scenes are totally hints, not only for this year but possibly for future years! I thought it would be super cute to have a little story of my kitties meeting!! I really wanted to focus on the eyes hints, especially with the "am i being watched?" and "i can see your.. eyes?" The pink/red wisps where totally meant to allude to the eyes being pink- so you all hit that right on the head.

My "Greatest Treasure" pet group is the final hint, I dressed (most of) my pets up with wings and 'M' names (M for Moth). I didn't specifically have any moths in mind when I started making the cat, but I did totally fall in love with the Rosy Maple Moth and Polyphemus Moth. I think the cat having multiple eyes and being a little inspired by the Polyphemus Moth is more-so a happy coincidence in this case! ^^ Spork and Egg are just.. my favorite dressups I couldn't touch while leaving hints in the group tbh.. :p

I thought it was super cute that you guys brought up my Lightning Mcqueen TV, I love that darn thing with my whole heart (and so does my cat, he sleeps on it sometimes!). If you have any questions about my kitty or wanna know anything else just poke me <3"
    (source)

Artist:
ZΕL
ImageImage
" Myra "

"My kitty's name is Myra
    I guess you could use that as a hint if you think around a corner or two? Or three. Or in hindsight when you see her final stage. I named her when I sketched out my first concept and I did change some things in between, including the thing that made me call her this, but... [throws up hands] I GUESS?
    You'd get a virtual cookie from me in either case because it's just a silly nickname that stuck lol"
    (source)

"Actually Starfruit's kitty stage is the only cat I made that didn't have any line edits :D All the adults have some - Jasper's tail is shorter than the regular cat lineart on both the kitty and the adult stage" (source)

"I think my middle stage this year is atypical for me in terms of design. At the same time, though, I also think that if you were to look at all our kittens lined up, you'd be able to point out mine in a split second anyway." (source)

"Can confirm that my kitty likes water! :3" (source)

"Myra's parents are flamingos!
    They've been worrying a little about her, though, because the bratty lil' kid doesn't like any of their favourite foods at all.
    What a dilemma - to want to be pretty and pink like mom and dad, but being told she'll have to eat what's on her plate!
    She thought she was being clever with her plan. See, maybe if you eat lots of birdseed, you grow into a bigger bird! But what can I say? She's starting to feel like it's flamingone rather wrong :P
    Or has it? Her parents swear she's been getting a little bigger lately..."
    (source)

User Comment: "I believe she is a Hawaiian Anthurium."
    "I didn't have a species in mind, but yes, anthurium is correct! Because, yknow... they're also called f...fl.. it's a fla- /escorts self out"
    (source)

"I originally meant to make a flamingo cat when we settled on the palette. It seemed like a perfect palette for it and I like 'mingos, so it seemed like a no-brainer.
    Then I thought it'd be cool to make a hybrid - flamingo bird x flamingo flower. I sketched out some ideas, and they looked neat - until I tried to actually put them on the cat linearts.
    I couldn't get the lineart edits to look as #aesthetic as I'd imagined, and the flamingo colouring kinda didn't read well on its own without them - it just looked like a random pink and white cat.

So I figured that if I couldn't get it to look like the bird anyway, I may as well just drop that part and give myself more freedom with the design^^
    Her middle stage was just a little nod towards my original plans, because I thought it was funny.

She got nicknamed Myra during her 'just a flamingo' stage of creation, after Myradrosh from FFXIV. It actually sounded pretty, so I never bothered coming up with a different name for her.

I like to think she smells very nice and gets along really well with Lumi, my hummingbird kitty."
    (source)

Artist:
lucky333123
" Taji "

"I want you to officially meet Taji who is based off of the Chilean mythology of Alicanto. They are very elusive and those who are "good heart" can seek great rewards from following them in the mines due to them shining in the dark. In Taji's case, you will find something you need without realizing that is what you seek; however, if you are not "pure of heart" misfortune will fall upon you. If Taji happens to see you, they will simply disappear without warning, so tread lightly for they are extremely shy.

catmother got all of my hints correct though one of them wasn't perfect. The only hint that was not perfectly solved was the date one. She got some of it, but not all. My cat grew on Day 16 which corresponds to Chilean silver rush that happened May 16, 1832.

Hint 3 was not actually a hint - I just wanted to simply point out that not all of my middle stages have spots/dots.

I hope you enjoy Taji and I hope good fortune lights your way."
    (source)

"The name Taji means silver and yellow color, so referencing silver and gold." (source)

User Question: "What's your kitty's personality like?"
    "My kitty can be vindictive, but only to those that do not have a "good heart"."
    (source)

User Question: "Does your kitty have line edits?"
    "All of my kitties have line edits, so the answer is yes to this year's kitty."
    (source)

End of 2021 GH Cats

—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—

—•—•—•—•—

Continue Below to 2022 GH Cats

Last edited by Magen on Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:49 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Magen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

GH Cat Resource Guide: 2022

Postby Magen » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:00 pm

███ ███ ███ ███ ███

June Release

GH Litter Discussion 2022

9 General Helpers Participated:
Aurora Storm -●- axelandria -●- Eagle's Eye
Lennie -●- lucky333123 -●- Oddity-Lad
Swishy & Broken -●- Wobbuffet -●- |Aloy|

Oddity-Lad designed the newborn this year.

Artist:
Oddity-Lad
ImageImage
" Oozrook "

"Of the nine General helpers, this is the first time FOUR of us have participated. Like half of the cats!

For me personally, I was really motivated by the fact that this is going to be my first pet in the archive, and of course that it's going to be referenced each year going forward when trying to figure out whose GH cats are whose, so I really wanted to make sure that they not only represent me, but represent how I want to do cats in the future."
    (source)

"I will say again that I want my cat to represent me. So beyond just the hints think about who I am, my aesthetics, my interests. And finally don't always look at cats for what they are but what they could be..." (source)

"The palette was so beautiful that I had to absolutely use every single colour for mine!" (source)

"*exhale* Deep breaths *inhale* I'm rather nervous for this, I actually applied to be an artist on CS a while ago and evidently didn't make it so there are a ton of mixed emotions being able to participate in this and seeing a pet that I designed being ON THE SITE, like for real life. This has been a very exciting few months, and I'm honored to have been able to participate! I'm already brain storming for next year lol

With that out of the way I'm never one to prolong the inevitable :lol: So NOOOOW I have some things to say to the class :D And UMMM sorry it's a bit of a read. It's strange, when you're given simply a palette to work with, how much of yourself accidentally falls into your work.

They have been sleeping in their dungeon for a very long time but you, an adventuring party have just woken them up! I’d love to introduce everyone to Oozrook! Before I release some backstory tying them into my lil personal CS lore universe (might be a couple days, still working on it, I’m making a little virtual “choose your own adventure” book) I’m going to go over my hints, inspirations, and process! (ref image)

The initial inspiration was of course my tattoo! I really wanted my cat to represent me, and what better way to do that than draw inspiration from what’s permanently on my body lol. I knew I wanted to do a two faced cat WELL before planning started. I didn’t refine my ideas until after the palette was decided when I actually sat down to teach myself the art program but I had A LOT of ideas and they kinda all rapid fire chained together. As I was drawing out the double heads I realized I kinda made the eye look like it was separating into two, which bam threw me into mitosis (Mintosis, yeah I saw that) and Reuniclus (who’s inspired by cells splitting), I’m a big Pokémon fan, and commonly use psychic types in my playthroughs so that kinda clicked into place. I also haven’t played DnD in a while but it was a common game night activity before my siblings and I all started leaving the nest. I was a wood elf druid who dedicated their life to the study and preservation of poisonous plants, animals, and fungi and preferred to live in swampy areas or basement dungeons of the castle my party acquired. Both common areas you’d find slimes, oozes, and puddings (ice creams???). (As a side note, oozes are also common in MTG as well, which I used to play with my step dad, but him and my step mom moved a few hours away from the city where I currently am so it’s going to be much harder to see them) This got me to a cell splitting slime cat with links to me and both sides of my split family (OMG the layers go deeper than even I thought) I still needed a body however, and the beautiful browns seemed very “rope wrapped terracotta” to me. I’m a plant dad (and an Elder scrolls enjoyer) so I’m no stranger to terracotta pots lol. I wanted it cracked and worn of course, as this is a kitten that lives in a dungeon and being a creature that grows it would make sense that its shell would start cracking off. Obviously I’m also a big Halloween fan and I make it known so taking a spooky route was always in my cards. I don’t do a lot of art on CS (okay I don’t do any, used to post a lot on DA though) but I’m very conceptual and I never want to JUST present things as what they are, which is why I primarily work with character design, creatures have so much depth potential and so few rules. I’m still the GH baby, and I’m still rather shy but over the past year I’ve been coming out of my shell, and it’s okay if coming out of your shell takes almost the whole month or however long you need (Honestly I just wanted to torment people by being the first to grow and then making people wait a long time lol, but the metaphors are unintentionally really good) No life or death theming however It is fascinating to note that as a slime Oozrook isn’t really either?? Name inspiration came from a fantasy name unsurprisingly. I wanted names that tied in Ooze or slime, and the name "Rook" popped up and it was meant to be.

Okay, with that out of the way time for hints! My “Where were you November 19th, 2021? Where was I???” was actually planted all the way back in December, along with “It’s dangerous to go alone, take this”. Which contains nods to most of my tattoos though I do have a few more to add (Keep an eye on this?? While I’m typing this up I’m realizing it’d be super cool if my tattoos are what tie my cats together and like I include elements of one in each of my cats??). These were of course meant to reveal the two faced aspect which is what I’m most proud of. “Here’s a clue, you’ve Urn-ed it” and “get your D20’s ready” weren’t planned ahead of time. I didn’t actually know how to do transparent text until I saw other GH using it and figured it’d be fun to tease little components like the DnD inspiration and them breaking out of their urn. The dressup with the kitty getting poked is going to tie into the backstory but essentially I’ve held a circus theme during my time on CS and have gotten further into it since becoming a GH lol. So I wanted to tie it into my lore, “the Curator” You’ll see I improved the dressup and posted it in the “beach day” category (along with a couple of my other circus members) So that I can maybe use him more. He’s a villain who’s kinda taken over the circus in Madame von Raven’s absence (okay, okay, so her shop was locked because of inactivity and I haven’t bothered remaking it yet since I don’t have enough extra pets to give away), where she used to give pets out to people who’ve wandered into the forest, the Curator is more interested in turning them into roadshow exhibits. The urn in his dressup was absolutely a hint, the one in the Trader’s picture was not, though it still led people through my circus and to some hints. It’s funny how often I use them in dressups. A link that wasn’t found was actually that my signature scene on my profile, has THE SAME DOG as the curator so for the longest time clicking on that pet would’ve revealed his true identity. (Unintentional as well but the raven and the fortune teller stuff in my signature scene belonging to a dog who’s given pets away, being used as a cover for his true intentions is rather neat) Ahh gosh, sidetracked. The dressup was a hint towards several things, the urn, the primarily green cat, and the bubbly slimy green potion! I think that’s all of the hints I hid though admittedly I wouldn’t be surprised if I accidentally hid more.

I do apologize if this is hard to follow, unfortunately this is how it came out of my head and revising my thoughts is not an easy task :lol:"
    (source)

● User Question: "When designing Oozrook, what was the most challenging part of figuring out their design? And whats your favorite part of their design?"

Oddity-Lad: "Most difficult part would've been the number of layers I needed to use and managing them lol. Oozrook is "transparent" able to see into them but not through them. So I needed to have "front" and "back" versions of my lineart, urn, goo, and spot layers in order to create the depth I was going for. Favourite part would be the heads! It's a full grown adult and teen head smooshed together (part of the reason why I didn't have a teen stage) but it was really fun to see it come together."
    (source)

● User Comment: "While it's really cool that the ice cream cat is so deeply personal and meaningful to the artist, I actually really struggle with looking at it because to my brain it is essentially body horror."

Oddity-Lad: "I do appreciate this being brought up. I did however thoroughly confirm with admin that Oozrook didn't break any CS art rules in regards to body horror and just generally being frightening and they did pass every time.

For me personally they fall into a category of natural deformities much like the two faced cow or any animal or even human with extra limbs. Which though can be frightening, largely comes from a place of being uncomfortable over something we don't understand and isn't really body horror. I can imagine a person with six fingers being classified as body horror would be rather upsetting to that person. I remember seeing a kitten with four ears on Instagram that was probably the cutest cat I've ever seen. They are also heavily inspired by cells splitting which is a constantly occurring within our own bodies, perhaps They're just splitting in two? I will also add that Oozrook has no body, no bones, no muscles, and can therefore take on whatever shape they wish, a cat with ten legs, sure. A biblically accurate cat that's just a mass of eyes and wings, not out of the realm of possibility.

As a queer man I have also grown up knowing my very existence disturbs people and makes them uncomfortable so I do try to be wholly myself whenever I can and introducing my first pet to Chicken Smoothie is such a symbolic point in my life I really didn't want to do what I thought people would find comfortable, I wanted to do something that would show people who I am, and I do apologize if that isn't palettable."
    (source)

● User Comment: "I think it's rlly pretty! I'm not too big a fan of body horror stuff, but it looks really nice.

My only complaint is that it's not transparent enough to look good with terrarium stuff. Oh well. Still amazing how much you were able to put into it!"

Oddity-Lad: "I had considered going for more transparency and just not including the back layer of the body but I decided to favor vibrancy. If there was an easy way to have the super vibrant mint and still have them be see through I totally would've taken that route."
    (source)

Artist:
lucky333123
ImageImage
" Koḷa "

"...themes are important EXCEPT this year’s does not follow my typical themes." (source)

"I will say that catmother456 is correct about my kitty not going with my typical theme of mythology and folklore." (source)

"Meet my kitty, Koḷa which means leaf. A couple of special friends helped me name her. The reason for her name is because she is actually based off of the rusty spotted cat. It is often known as the leaf leopard in Sri Lanka and are called, ‘Koḷa Diviya’ or ‘Handun Diviya’.

Date-wise, my kitty grew on June 5th since that World Environment Day and its final growth happened on World Rainforest Day (June 22nd). The rusty spotted cat is currently near threatened due to loss of its habitat in India and Sri Lanka and it lives in deciduous forests which can be tropical. It is one of the smallest wild cats (and might be the smallest) in the world and can fit in the size of your palm. An adult rusty spotted cat weighs in at a mere 2.2 – 3.5 pounds!

To learn more about them, check out these video and link.

Due to the color theme this year, I choose to forgo from usual theme of mythology and folklore to do a unique wild cat. I love wild animals especially wild cats, so thought the rusty spotted cat was perfect for this year's cat. The teen stage is of her slightly jumping while the adult stage is actually her slightly pouncing. You might not notice, but both stages do have an lineart edits for the tail, legs, ears, and parts of the body."
    (source)

Artist:
Aurora Storm
ImageImage
" Karri "

"I'm so excited for you all to see this litter!! It feels so surreal creating a pet for this site that's held a special place in my heart for so long ♡" (source)

"My cat definitely loves the sunlight - they particularly enjoy showing off at sunrise and sunset ^^" (source)

"Bingpot! This is indeed my kitty! She is based on eucalyptus trees, more specifically eucalyptus diversicolor which is found in my home in Western Australia. My kitty's name comes from the more common name for these trees: Karri.

Her tail is meant to represent fog through the forest in the early hours of the morning, where sunlight makes the golden tree bark look like its almost glowing. I had tried to use the rainbow lorikeet feather to create the connection that my kitty was related to Australia, but can see that leap was a bit too far to make without some more obvious hints haha ^^" I'll be sure to plan my hints better next year!

I wanted my first GH kitty to represent me in some way, and as soon as this palette was chosen it reminded me of the beautiful karri forest in my home state - and one of my favourite places in the world ♡ I hope you like her!" (image)
    (source)

"Aah thank you guys, I'm glad you like my lil' foggy forest dweller! It really means a lot ♡" (source)

Artist:
axelandria
ImageImage
" iliad "

"I'm so so excited for my first actual pet designed by ME on this site I've loved for years. I'm really happy with how my kitty turned out, and I hope you guys enjoy it too!" (source)

"...Their name is iliad and my favourite part is the tail!

this baby was super fun to make, but i'm not sure why they're floating? hahaha"
    (source)

Artist:
Swishy & Broken
ImageImage
Name N/A

● User Question: "Whats your kitties fave hobby? :D
    is there any similarity between any previous kitty/pet of yours and the current one?"

Swishy & Broken: "Their favorite hobby.. probably brushing their fur after a long day. I would imagine it can get pretty knotted ^w^

I'm certain there are a ton of similarities between this years cat and my past cats, from an artistic perspective. Both my cat from the first year and the second year have some pretty clearly indistinguishable 'Swishy' traits that are shared with this years!"
    (source)

"Thanks for the hype you guys !! I really did a self indulgent design this time around and ended up super happy with the outcome! They don't necessarily have a name, as none of my past out comes have either, unfortunately ;w;

I was a little worried about giving out too many hints as I thought it would be fairly obvious which one is mine once it grew tbh. TwT
    The ones I did give were hidden in transparent text, found by Catmother <3 and that bit I hid in this chat !
    Looking at my gallery there are a lot of Stars cats with fur edits and I even drew some pretty similar wings on my Keldine MYO on the 1st! The litters I posted before the start of the month had a number of kittens hidden under blankets too, which my friend Chime pointed out as soon as he saw the outcome (and totally told the whole Stars server that it was mine, hardly batting an eye).

I also included another heart in the grown version of the kitty because.. well I couldn't stop myself. Maybe one year I'll have a kitty without a heart somewhere yall, but not this one :sob:
    When we all voted on the baby kitten for this year I made a mad dash for Oddity's DMs to see if I could steal the blanket on my lil guy! I wanted the wings to be a fun surprise and splash of color ^w^
    I'm glad everyone seems to enjoy them just as much as I do !!"
    (source)

Artist:
| Aloy |
ImageImage
Name N/A

"I told you guys that you would know which one was mine when it grew up xD I had to bring back the line art!" (source)

Artist:
Lennie
" Ama (天) "

"The space kitty is indeed mine and I'm so glad to see people enjoyed how it turned out ♥

Their name is Ama (天) - going off of one of the Japanese readings of the kanji - short for 天の川 or 'Ama no Gawa' (Heavenly River), which is the Milky Way in Japanese!"
    (source)

Artist:
Eagle's Eye
Name N/A

Artist:
Wobbuffet
" Myrtle "

"Ding ding ding! It's been almost a week since mine grew, so I figured I should claim! Especially after most of the kittens had grown and been claimed, a good number of people figured out that my hint was referring to my cats' aptitude for magic.

My cat's official name is Myrtle (though you are free to call her by whatever name or pronouns you prefer of course)! She's a young witch who wants to become one of the best spellcasters in the land, though that hasn't been going too well for her so far... She only knows one spell (Fireball!) and uses it a bit too often, and thus has been banned from quite a few local restaurants and libraries for causing more than a few fire-hazards... She's bright, peppy, and a bit naïve, but she always tries to look out for those around her and is more than eager to make new friends!

Design-wise, I knew I needed to make sure her ears were poking through her hat! I chose the dark purple / black color as a base because witches are commonly associated with black cats, and the green dots on her limbs and tail are meant to resemble green bubbles rising from a witch's cauldron.

Anyways, I hope you all like my cat! <3"
    (source)

End of 2022 GH Cats

—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—

—•—•—•—•—

Last edited by Magen on Sun Jul 09, 2023 4:43 am, edited 23 times in total.
Magen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me