▐ GH Cat Resource Guide▐

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: ▐ GH Cat Resource Guide▐

Postby Magen » Fri Jun 02, 2023 6:35 pm

Oddity-Lad wrote:2023's Palette for you!

███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███

#0A4C68, #038081, #9BEAB6, #32CD32, #77EB2C, #BEFF00

Bless you, you're amazing, thank you! :D
╔════════════════════╗

╚════════════════════╝
╔════════════════════╗

╚════════════════════╝
⇐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⇒

ImageImage

Magen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Oddity-Lad » Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:09 pm

Magen wrote:
Oddity-Lad wrote:2023's Palette for you!

███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███

#0A4C68, #038081, #9BEAB6, #32CD32, #77EB2C, #BEFF00

Bless you, you're amazing, thank you! :D

No problem at all! If you need anything else, let me know!
Signature art by Batman

Oddity-Lad

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lounah » Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:48 pm

Aurora Storm Designed the newborn stage this year..
Lounah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Magen » Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:09 pm

Lounah wrote:Aurora Storm Designed the newborn stage this year..

Thank you for grabbin' that! ^-^
Y'all are so kind <3
I always appreciate the extra eyes and ears, it helps so much :3
╔════════════════════╗

╚════════════════════╝
╔════════════════════╗

╚════════════════════╝

ImageImage

Magen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

GH Cat Resource Guide: 2023

Postby Magen » Sun Jul 09, 2023 4:42 am

⇐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⇒

███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███

June Release

GH Litter Discussion 2023

8 General Helpers Participated:
Ashki -●- Aurora Storm -●- axelandria
Dama -●- Eagle's Eye -●- Lennie
Oddity-Lad -●- Swishy & Broken

Aurora Storm designed the newborn this year.

Litters are in the same order as displayed in the Archives.

Artist:
Dama
ImageImage
" Mer "

"Very excited to have done my first cat ^^" (source)

"Haha yes I can confirm this one is mine ^^ Her name is Mer, which is just simply 'sea' in French. I was trying to make a seafoam or some kind of sea wave pattern on her body and tail - it didn't quite end up as I wanted, but I am quite happy with her nonetheless!" (source)

● User Question: "Will your cat be based on something in the natural world or in the mythological realm?"
    Dama: "The natural world."
    (source)

● User Question: "Will your kitty have line edits?"
    Dama: "No, she doesn’t have any line edits."
    (source)

● User Question: "Will your kitty use all the colors in the palette?"
    Dama: "Some colours are used less than others but yes."
    (source)

● User Question: "Does your kitty prefer quiet activities like snuggles or prefers to be more active?"
    Dama: "I would say both."
    (source)

● User Question: "Will your cat have similarities to your Staff dogs?"
    Dama: "I think there are some small similarities but not anything significant."
    (source)

Artist:
Aurora Storm
ImageImage
" Blume "

"I designed the kitten this year! This palette was a bit of a challenge for me, despite it being one of my top picks early on lol. I took a break on the design of my kitty to play around with a concept for the newborn and that's what I came up with ^^" (source)

"...I can't deny any longer that this is indeed my kitty. Their name is Blume, a play-on-words for bioluminescent algae blooms which as General Chaos guessed, is the inspiration behind their design. I knew I wanted to use bioluminescence in some way since I felt the palette worked so well for it! And as others have mentioned, these colours are also perfect for marine themes (like Dama's beautiful seafoam kitty) so algae seemed like a good choice and an excuse for another tail edit lol..." (source)

● User Question: "What is your kitties favourite snack/treat?"
    Aurora Storm: "My kitty doesn't eat anything!"
    (source)

● User Question: "Would your cat prefer the mountains or the beach?"
    Aurora Storm: "Definitely the beach."
    (source)

● User Question: "Can I ask if your pet is based off of a living thing (plant, animal, fungus, etc.)?"
    Aurora Storm: "Yes! More than one c;"
    (source)

Artist:
Oddity-Lad
ImageImage
" Pro-Spr "

"Can't remember if I mentioned it anywhere but my first growth happened on World Environment Day which was very much intentional!

2nd growth was also intentionally right at the end of the month. Date wasn't of any importance though. After last year I felt incredibly bad that another artist's claim post and the celebration around that was over shadowed by Oozrook's controversy. This year I didn't want to take any risks so I put it after everyone else's just in case, so everyone genuinely got their time.

I've also been Big BIG into plant parenting this year, having got a $90 Monstera Thai Constellation among other plants. Monstera's and other tropical plants have also been something I wanted to pursue but I never had the space or the motivation to give them the care they need. Ironically it was the seeing the Thai Constellation that made something click and now my bedroom is affectionately called "the jungle" due to the smart humidifier and other things I've bought to maintain them.

Pro-Spr was heavily inspired by this venture. I did my best to make some of the leaves look Monstera-ish and everything. I was initially just going to do a sea glass terrarium with plants bursting out but then robot legs got stuck in my head and they refused to leave."
    (source)

"(Also adding on because I'm always chatty when it comes to the process behind my children, I went through about five concepts before deciding on the one I actually went with this year, one that I mentioned to the other GH when we first decided on the palette, another two that I never shared, almost completely finished the final form of the fourth, realized I liked it but didn't love it so I reconceptualized (WHILE AT WORK) and then started arting out and stuck with the fifth version. Unlike last year where I actually stuck with my first concept!" (source)

—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—

"Captains Log, Day 12, 3053

I- I don't know what to do.... Pro-Spr was doing fine but we can't find them anywhere. I noticed they've been getting a bit restless but we've been adapting as needed. Just yesterday we installed grow lights in new hiding spaces they've been observed resting in, and all of the readings were within range. As the leader of this mission everyone expects me to have a solution but I don't. We've checked EVERYWHERE in here, unless.... Surely they didn't manage to escape the lab.... Well, I suppose if the grow lights weren't enough Pro-Spr's programming would require it to seek out a better source of light to better enhance the conditions. But we haven't been above in so long, and in an environment of unlimited variables I can't even begin to imagine how the Project will overcome obstacles. This was designed for a lab where we could control and limit everything the plant, the cat, and the mechanics could require. Out there I just don't know. We only have enough equipment for a small group to go to the surface so I'm going to lead a search party out there in a couple hours to find them. I hope. Now more than ever we can't lose hope. Surely they'll be sunbathing just outside the door and this will be the shortest rescue mission humanity has ever recorded. Pro-Spr is supposed to save the world and I've messed this up. Gosh I hope they're okay out there. Pro-Spr you better be okay...

I'll update when we find something, Captain Odd signing off, again
    (source)

"Captains Log, Day 25, 3053

It has been.... Almost two weeks since I lost Pro-Spr and left the comfort of the lab to find them. The rest of my search party gave up and turned back a few days ago which has worked in my favour as I no longer need to divide stuff I have scavenged and I'm able to dedicate longer periods of time to finding them.

I haven't had much of a trail to follow. Occasionally I'll find a clump of fur which reassures me I'm still headed the right direction. Yesterday, along with some fur, I found some glass shards as well, which I fear may mean the dome has been compromised. The program as I've stated in the past is designed to control the environment within it's contained space. If the contained space is no longer functioning I am admittedly unsure how the system would proceed. My best guess, with external variables playing into the readings is that Pro-Spr would enter a state of overdrive, constantly producing high levels of humidity, oxygen, water; absorbing astronomical amounts of light.

hmmm....

That's an idea....

I may not be able to find Pro-Spr as is, but if my thinking is right... If I can track the area of highest humidity, Pro-Spr may be there.

I've gotta go."
    (source)

"Captains Log, Day 27, 3053

Two days after theorizing I'm happy to say I think it's worked!

Fortunately there's nothing but sand and rock so it's made it really easy to pick up anomalies. In this case it wasn't humidity that I was able to find like I thought, but I was able to pick up ground water behind a rock face. We've been under the presumption that all of the springs have dried up so It was my belief that this was worthy of investigation.

After a few hours of searching I was able to find a cave leading within the earth. As I stood within the mouth I felt it. Damp air. The cool stone along the walls sweating as the air from within pushed against the scorching heat that flowed past me. I removed my boots and sunk my feet into sand wet with perspiration. My skin stung and tingled with this sensation as it's been weeks since I've felt water. Even then the lab water will never compare to water created by the earth.

I'm going to prepare myself here, collect and filter this water. Rest. I'll head in tonight. I can't think of anything beyond Pro-Spr that could be causing this so I can only assume they're in there somewhere."
    (source)

"Captains Log, Day 28, 3053

I've made it through the cave system.

It took me longer than I would've liked but I hadn't anticipated umm plants. They umm started sparse, some moss lining the walls, or the occasional fern but the deeper I travelled the denser they grew and ummm well I wasn't really equipped for jungle exploration and THE LAST thing I wanted to do is harm what could very well be the only lush eco system on Earth.

Once the tunnel opened up into bigger rooms I had started to notice ruins built into the rock. The structures don't match anything I've ever seen so I can only assume they're not from our time. Unfortunately they stopped teaching about the ancient civilizations centuries ago when they realized temples and statues were much more useful as natural resources than monuments to the past so I'm not the most knowledgeable on the subject. Most of my light reading and education was dedicated to robotics and computer sciences, as is everyone's. However I needed more. I started with learning philosophy online, which lead to more theoretical thinking. From there, history, biology, agriculture. In the past they would've been taught as fact, but learning them as theories and combining them with what I knew lead to ideas, which lead to science, which lead me to that lab as the leader of Pro-Spr.

It was around then that I heard the faint sound of flowing water hitting stone. As much I wanted to stay in that room admiring the architecture I pushed forward. The path started to descend and seemed to go on forever. the sound turning into a thundering. After what felt like an hour I saw a light. After a while longer, the light opened into a large round space. A looooong dormant volcano I think. The sunlight coming in from a large hole above. The thundering, a water fall. After centuries the underground springs must have eroded through the lava rock and started spilling through the cracks where it falls into a lake scattered with shimmering fish and vibrant crabs. The most gorgeous plants I have ever seen are everywhere, butterflies and bees bouncing among the flowers. Frogs chasing ants through the grass...

I no longer think Pro-Spr created this. These trees are older than I am. This water has likely always been here. These animal species no doubt have been living here since before everything dried up. Signs that the government didn't try as hard as they said they did to find a fresh beginning. If they knew about it there's no way this place would still be here.

I know Pro-Spr likes to curl up in warm places so I'm going to search the ring of rocks that have fallen from above. It's possible when the dome broke Pro-Spr's systems didn't go into overdrive and they instead sought out this cave to fulfill their mission and ensure permanent sustainability for both the cat and the plant.

Aha. I see a glint not far from here, perhaps sunlight off glass...

IT IS! Pro-Spr looks a little worse for wear. but I'm happy to see the programming held firm. I haven't the faintest idea whether they managed to give themself the prosthetic legs or if they found someone out there in the wasteland that was able to create and install them. The craftmanship is rough but functional, tapping into the dome's air supply to power hydraulic joints. The eye is also a nice touch. It seems to have telescopic sight, night vision, and cavity detection, among other things which is likely how they found the cave. Either way I'm glad.

With the damage to the dome however and the plant now spilling out of it I can't safely take Pro-Spr back to the lab. I also do not believe that I, myself can go back. I realize now that this is too precious of an ecosystem and I don't trust myself to be able to keep it a secret. If they didn't care enough to find it when it mattered I do not imagine they have the best interests for the planet."
    (source)

● User Question: "If your cat had to spend a day in nature, where would they spend it?"
    Oddity-Lad: "Oouu..... Ideally they'd spend it somewhere jungly, but reality and ideals don't always align"
    (source)

● User Question: "Oddity-Lad, I love your story about Pro-Spr! Science fiction is my favorite genre. Your story is awesome! <3 Have you written anymore stories? I'd love to read them!"
    Oddity-Lad: "I haven't since I was in school! Historically I've been more of a fantasy fan, however I really enjoy combining elements of both. I used to RP on here back in the day, but I haven't in years! Along with visual arts I'll attempt to make a goal to get more involved with writing on here!!"
    (source)

Artist:
Ashki
ImageImage
" Bec "

"Excellent sleuthing, everyone! This little one is indeed my kitty :) Their name is Bec, which is based on becquerel, a unit of radioactivity - it was also my old username for quite some time. I loved reading your theories, and had a blast participating in the litter this year. I think this is my favorite kitten that I’ve made, and I’m so so glad that you guys like them too!" (source)

● User Question: "What is your cat's favorite activity?"
    Ashki: "Rock collecting!"
    (source)

Artist:
axelandria
ImageImage
" boba "

"this is in fact my kitty! their name is boba :)

the hint was my birthday, 7/13 or july 13. this kitty grew on day 7 and then day 13!"
    (source)

axelandria: "beach for sure!"
    (source)

Artist:
Eagle's Eye
" 滋易 "

"This is 滋易~ (zī yì)
    滋 can mean to grow or to nourish, it can also be used as a sound word for electricity crackling
    易 can mean easy or amiable, it's also a character from one of my favorite singer's names whom I finally got to see in person this year after fangirling for 4 years

The left and right side of his body are the inverse of each other in terms of color (so the right side of his body, which is hidden from view, is mostly neon green with dark blue lines). I aimed for an energetic/athletic vibe because this year I finally got to finish a stage in my life which I've utterly despised, and being able to move on from it makes me feel more alive. The lines on his body are meant to VAAAAGUELY resemble lightning and the lines on a heartbeat graph. His tail is short like lyxnes', which are really cool hunters. The 2 colors from the palette that I used are quite similar to the 2 main colors on a pair of walking/running shoes that my dad used to wear (unfortunately I don't have a photo)
    "
    (source)

Eagle's Eye: "Mountains"
    (source)

Artist:
Lennie
" Kai (海) "

"This little alien is Kai (海) - his name is taken from the Japanese name for the planet Neptune, Kaiosei (海王星)!

I knew I wanted to keep up the space theme this year, maybe make a friend for Ama to be visiting in their travels in space, and the color palette this year happened to be adjacent to that of one of my favorite planets. Kai has six total rings of color around him, four on his torso and two on his ankle, to represent the six rings of Neptune.

All of my hints were found I also know I'm not particularly subtle in my hints and the meanings are as follows:
    This dress-up (which actually ended up growing into the outcome!) was to allude to the space and alien theming of the outcome, with the 🪐 name being a direct reference to the rings on Kai.

The 星 symbol in the text of the dress-up is taken from Kai's "full name". The later added "𝄆?" was in reference to repeat of theme, though I loved the analysis that General Chaos brought in, as the idea of a repeating radio signal aligns well for how Kai may communicate with Ama while the latter is traveling about~
    As for the pet group "スターライト宇宙旅団", I love the connections that you drew! It wasn't a direct inspiration, as the group has had that name for quite a while, but it is another example of my apparent consistent theming around space and stars ^^;

My final hint was my oldest hint, which was just this emoji in my interests - 👽. This one feels relatively self explanatory in the context of everything lol.

I'm so glad people like the outcome and I have loved reading the theories! c:"
    (source)

● User Question: "What is your kitties favourite snack/treat?"
    Lennie: "Konpeito! Specifically the pink colored ones~"
    (source)

Artist:
Swishy & Broken
Unnamed

"He doesn't have an official name, but I love him anyways :3" (source)

● User Question: "Does your kitty prefer day over night?"
    Swishy & Broken: "Probably! I imagine night can get a little lonely for them, especially around bed time )):"
    (source)

● User Question: "What is your cat's favorite activity?"
    Swishy & Broken: "Shenanigans! They loooove pranks and fun c: !!"
    (source)

End of 2023 GH Cats

—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—

—•—•—•—•—

Continue to 2024 GH Cats

Last edited by Magen on Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Magen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Magen » Sun Jul 09, 2023 6:17 am

Alrighty, I think I've gotten the 2023 GH kitties all posted up!
If I've missed anything substantial or made any errors, feel free to PM me or post here so I can fix it. :D
And of course, posting at this point is fine! I'll just post future GH Litter years anywhere else as they pop up in time. :)
Thank you staff for all the beautiful kitties once again this year.
And also a big thank you to those who have pointed out and contributed some information to help me out this year. <3
╔════════════════════╗

╚════════════════════╝
╔════════════════════╗

╚════════════════════╝

ImageImage

Magen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery