A Community Pet Guide - Coontail Placed!

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Where should the Coontail be placed on the OMGSR list?

Poll ended at Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:12 am

Tier 10
6%
Tier 9
No votes
Tier 8
No votes
Tier 7
26%
Tier 6
46%
Tier 5
No votes
Tier 4
3%
Tier 3
3%
Tier 2
3%
Tier 1
14%

Total votes : 35

A Community Pet Guide - Coontail Placed!

Postby EmberzTale » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:38 am

Welcome to A Community Pet Guide!

Please note that this is just one of many trading guides we have here on CS. It is up to you as a user which guide, if any, you would like to use and nohing makes this guide more or less superior to any other list.

Do not remake this thread. EmberzTale will remake thread when needed.

Current Discussion wrote:
-Coontail Placement
OMG So Rare - July 2008

These pets are sorted into 4 seperate lists: The OMGSR list, the VR list, the UR list, and the Store Pet list.

The OMGSR list consists of all regular release adoptables that have the rarity tag 'OMG So Rare'. This list does not consist of any VR, UR, or Store Pets as they have seperate lists. All the pets on this list are seperated into several tiers. There are 10 tiers. Sometimes tiers will be empty, as pet placements are decided by the community, and this is nothing to worry about. The higher the tier number, the higher on the list the pet.

The VR list consists of many regular release adoptables that have the rarity tag 'Very Rare'. None of the pets on this list are UR or Store Pets as they have seperate lists. Not all very rare pets are on this list; only the very rare pets that the community has determined should be on this list are on here. All the pets on this list are seperated into several tiers. There are 10 tiers. Sometimes tiers will be empty, as pet placements are decided by the community, and this is nothing to worry about. The higher the tier number, the higher on the list the pet.

The UR list consists of all un-released pets found in the archive under 'Special Release'. You can read more about UR pets here: help/pets#ur All UR pets are found here as they are all OMGSR or believed to be a high enough VR to be close in rarity to OMGSR. If a UR pet ever lowers below VR, this will be reconsidered. You can find the OMGSR UR pets closer to the top. All the pets on this list are seperated into several tiers. There are 10 tiers. Sometimes tiers will be empty, as pet placements are decided by the community, and this is nothing to worry about. The higher the tier number, the higher on the list the pet.

The Store Pet list consists of many VR store pets and all OMGSR store pets. All OMGSR store pets can be found towards the top of this list along with some VR pets along the bottom that the community has determined should be on this list. All the pets on this list are seperated into several tiers. There are 10 tiers. Sometimes tiers will be empty, as pet placements are decided by the community, and this is nothing to worry about. The higher the tier number, the higher on the list the pet.

This guide is not official!

This guide is unofficial and is not endorsed by CS staff or admins. All the pet placements on this guide are decided by users of the community that choose to participate in discussions and polls here! Anyone is welcome to participate regardless of trading knowledge. Following this guide is optional and nothing on this guide is meant to be forced upon you in any way. It is up to you, as a user, if you'd like to participate in this project or not.
Last edited by EmberzTale on Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:57 am, edited 11 times in total.
EmberzTale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules

Postby EmberzTale » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:39 am

As with any well-run thread, this thread has rules. These rules are meant to keep things here calm, collected, and as friendly as possible. We want everyone to feel welcome here. If you are caught not following the rules, you will recieve a warning via PM. If you consistently do not follow or break the rules, you will be reported and dealt with at discression of the mods.

Rules:
-All Tess's rules apply. Do not go against any site rules on this thread.
-Do not bash other users. Friendly and healthy debate is alright, but do not be rude or flame other users.
-Do not make anyone feel unwelcome. This includes but is not limited to name-calling, opinion bashing, or calling one uneducated.
-Do not intentionally post false or misleading information.
-Do not correct anyone posting false or misleading information. Instead, PM them letting them know to change the post. If the problem persists, report their posts.
-Do not bump the thread! This isn't necessary and can create unnecessary and unwanted spam.
Last edited by EmberzTale on Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EmberzTale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Adding, Moving, and/or Removing Pets

Postby EmberzTale » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:40 am

With any list, there comes a time when pets need to be added, moved, or removed. These instructions will help you when it comes to how to suggest adding, moving, or removing pets.

Suggesting Pets: A Step-by-Step Guide

1. Does the pet meet the criteria to be added to one of the lists? Check the "Introduction" post to see. If not, there is no need to suggest the pet as it does not meet the needed criteria to become part of the list.

2. Check "Future Discussion" post to see if the pet is under the pets for future discussion. If it is, there is no need to suggest the pet as discussion on this pet will begin soon.

3. Check "Recent Changes" post to see if the pet has recently been denied addition to the list. If it has, there is no need to suggest the pet as it has previously been denied by the community within the past year; feel free to suggest again when the pet has been removed from this post.

4. If you have followed through with steps 1-3 and everything is looking great, you are welcome to suggest the pet! First, you need to determine what list the pet would be added to. Check the "Introduction" post to determine this.

5. Now, you need to gather reasons and/or trade evidence to support why you think this pet should be added. This is very important as you need to convince the community as to why this pet should be added.

6. Once you have completed all the steps, and you feel the pet should be added to the list, fill out and post the form below on this topic!

Code: Select all
[center][b][u][size=150]I would like to suggest a pet be added to the list![/size][/u][/b]

[b]Which list will this pet be added to?[/b]
[answer here]
[b]Insert an image of the pet below:[/b]
[insert pet image here]
[b]Where can the pet be found in the archive:[/b]
[insert archive link here]
[b]What is the pet's original release date?:[/b]
[answer here]
[b]Why should this pet be added to this list?:[/b]
[answer here]
[b]Do you have any trade evidence to support this?:[/b]
[answer here & insert links if neccessary)
[b]Is there anything else you would like the community to know?[/b]
[answer here][/center]

Moving Pets: A Step-by-Step Guide

1. Check "Future Discussion" post to see if the pet is under the pets for future discussion. If it is, there is no need to suggest moving the pet as this discussion will begin soon.

2. Check "Recent Changes" post to see if the pet being moved has been recently denied. If it has, there is no need to suggest moving this pet as it has been denied being moved by the community recently. Feel free to suggest moving this pet when it is removed from this post.

3. Check "Recently Changes" post to see if the pet has recently been added to a list. If it has, there is no need to suggest moving this pet as it has recently been placed by the community and isn't eligible for being moved at this time.

4. If you have followed through steps 1-3 and the pet seems eligible to be moved, then you are welcome to suggest the pet! You need to gather as much reasoning and/or trade evidence as you can to support your claim. This is very important as you are trying to convince the community as to why this pet should be moved.

5. Once you have completed all the steps, and still feel that the pet should be moved, fill out and post the form below on this topic!

[center][b][u][size=150]I would like to suggest a pet be moved on the list![/size][/u][/b]

[b]Which list is this pet on?[/b]
[answer here]
[b]Which pet is it?[/b]
[answer here]
[b]Why should this pet be moved on the list?:[/b]
[answer here]
[answer here][/center]

Removing Pets: A Step-by-Step Guide

1. Does this pet have a rarity tag of OMG So Rare? If it does, this pet is not eligible to be removed. All pets with this rarity are placed on this list.

1. Check "Future Discussion" to see if the pet is under the pets for future discussion. If it is, there is no need to suggest removing this pet as discussion on this will begin soon.

2. Check "Recent Changes" to see if this pet has recently been added. If it has, there is no need to suggest removing this pet as the community has recently agreed to add this pet. You are welcome to suggest removing this pet once it is removed from this post.

3. Check "Recent Changes" to see if the pet has recently been moved. If it has, there is no need to suggest removing this pet as the community has recently decided to change the placement of this pet. You are welcome to suggest removing this pet once it is removed from this post.

4. If you have followed through with steps 1-4 and the pet seems eligible to be removed, then you are welcome to suggest removing this pet! You need to gather as much reasoning and/or trade evidence as you can to support your claim. This is very important as you are trying to convince the community as to why this pet needs to be removed.

5. Once you have completed all the steps, and still feel like the pet should be removed, fill out the form below and post it on this topic!

[center][b][u][size=150]I would like to suggest a pet be removed from the list![/size][/u][/b]

[b]Which list is this pet on?[/b]
[answer here]
[b]Which pet is it?[/b]
[answer here]
[b]Why should this pet be removed from the list?:[/b]
[answer here]
[answer here][/center]
EmberzTale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

F.A.Q.

Postby EmberzTale » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:40 am

As with any guide, you are probably having some questions. You can find answers to some commonly asked questions here. If you can't find an answer to your question on this post, feel free to post your question on the thread. More answers will appear here as questions are asked.

Q: Do I need to follow this list?
A: No! Following this list is completely optional. This list is just a community project and is not official. It is up to each user as an individual if they'd like to follow this list.

Q: What is the process for adding, moving, and/or removing pets?
A: Once the suggestion for the desired action has been made, the pet will be added to the "Future Discussions" list. Once the pet has made its way up to the current discussion, everyone who would like to participate can begin discussing their feelings on this change. Meanwhile, a poll will go up asking for opinions. When adding pets, the poll will ask if the pet should be added. When removing pets, the poll will ask if the pet should be removed. When moving pets, the poll will ask if the pet should be moved. If it is agreed that the pet shall be moved, a second poll will proceed asking where the pet shall be placed. When adding, moving, and/or removing pets, we always go with the winning majority of the poll. Pets are always welcome to be suggested to be added, moved, and/or removed once they are removed from the "Recent Changes" post.

Q: What influences this list? Is it demand, rarity, etc.?
A: There's no one thing that directly influences this list. Rarity is an important factor, as in the UR and Store Pet lists you can find the OMGSR pets above the VR pets, but its not the only factor in this list. The main factor is the community. With a poll that includes every suitable tier as an option, that gives everyone in the community a chance to voice their opinion without limitation. So to answer the question, the main influencing factor is the community opinion rather than anything else.

Q: Why aren't there more tiers?
A: Each list consists of 10 tiers which seems like both a manageable and reasonable amount. Having the pets so far spread out can cause confusion. Having pets grouped together in bigger groups can make trading for a pet equal on this list a little easier.

Q: What are the gaps between the tiers?
A: There is no set gap between the tiers. Having no set gap can make trading easier and not so tied-down between trading partners. How much of one tier equals another tier is up to the discression of you and your trading partner.

Q: Why isn't this pet's littermate(s) on the list/Why does this pet's littermate(s) have a different placement?
A: Since this list is a community-driven project, some littermates, whether equal in value or not, may not be on the list or placed in a different tier. This is normal as the community votes on placement for pets and the pet gets placed with the majority vote.
Last edited by EmberzTale on Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
EmberzTale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Future Discussion

Postby EmberzTale » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:41 am

Here you can find all things that are in-line to be discussed. Everything here will eventually be discussed but not necessarily in order. Once you submit a suggestion about a pet, you can find them on the list below. Things are removed from this list once discussion has finished and decisions have been made.

Pets to be Discussed:
-Non-Swirl (OMGSR Placement)
-Non-Tag (OMGSR Placement)
-Growing White July (OMGSR Placement)
-July PPS (OMGSR Placement)
-Sunback (OMGSR Placement)
-Non-Jewel (OMGSR Placement)
-Sunjewel (OMGSR Placement)
-Flower/Toxic Rat (OMGSR Placement)
-Light Speckled Rat (OMGSR Placement)
-Medium Speckled Rat (OMGSR Placement)
-Heavy Speckled Rat (OMGSR Placement)
-Lime Ice Rat (OMGSR Placement)
-Light Pawprint Rat (OMGSR Placement)
-Dark Pawprint Rat (OMGSR Placement)
-Non-Coon (OMGSR Placement)
-Dark Heart Rat (OMGSR Placement)
-Light Heart Rat (OMGSR Placement)
-Nick Unicorn (OMGSR Placement)
-Rainbow Mane (OMGSR Placement)
-Plain's Zebra (OMGSR Placement)
-Grevy's Zebra (OMGSR Placement)
-Mountain Zebra (OMGSR Placement)
-Joker Bunny (OMGSR Placement)
-UR Butterbun* (OMGSR Placement)
-Blue Dragon PPS (OMGSR Placement)
-UR Cat (Placement)
-UR Banana (Placement)
-UR Mint Horse (Placement)
-UR B-Wolf (Placement)
-UR Purple Horse (Placement)
-UR '08 Dog (Placement)
-UR Apple (Placement)
-UR Tiger Dog (Placement)
-UR Rat (Placement)
-UR Grapes (Placement)
-UR Malk (Placement)
-UR Cucumber/Pickle (Placement)
-UR Lion (Placement)
-UR Ice Cat (Placement)
-UR Aussie/Cookie Dog (Placement)
-UR Flower (Placement)
-UR Phoenix (Placement)
-UR Bee (Placement)
-UR Holly Dog (Placement)
-UR Pineapple (Placement)
-UR Bengal Cat (Placement)
-UR Peach (Placement)
-UR Foal (Placement)
-UR Zonkey (Placement)
-UR Cinnabun (Placement)
-UR Peas (Placement)
-UR Fox (Placement)
-UR Galaxy Cat (Placement)
-UR Strawberry (Placement)
-Non-Jewel Liontail (Placement)
-Jewel Liontail (Placement)
-Eat Me (Placement)
-Orange Cerberus (Placement)
-Skelebun (Placement)
-Drink Me (Placement)
-Pink Sorbet (OMGSR Placement)
-Blue Rat (OMGSR Placement)
*=not actually a UR, named after UR B-Wolf

Topics to be Discussed:
-Rarity structure of UR List
-Rarity structure of Store Pet List
-Possible comparison guide of lists relation?
Last edited by EmberzTale on Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:13 am, edited 6 times in total.
EmberzTale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Recent Changes

Postby EmberzTale » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:42 am

Here you can find a list of all recent changes that have happened to this guide. Changes regarding pets are removed from this post after a year as they would no longer be considered recent. Changes regarding structures or other things may stay up here for longer.

Recent Pet Additions:
March 20, 2019 - Dogtag
April 2, 2019 - Moonswirl
April 18, 2019 - Coontail

Recent Pet Moves:
-none-

Recent Pet Removals:
-none-

Other Recent Changes:
-none-
Last edited by EmberzTale on Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
EmberzTale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

OMGSR Pet List

Postby EmberzTale » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:42 am

OMGSR PET LIST

Tier 10 wrote:-

Tier 9 wrote:-

Tier 8 wrote:-

Tier 7 wrote:Image Image
Dogtag = Moonswirl

Tier 6 wrote:Image
Coontail

Tier 5 wrote:-

Tier 4 wrote:-

Tier 3 wrote:-

Tier 2 wrote:-

Tier 1 wrote:-
Last edited by EmberzTale on Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
EmberzTale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

VR Pet List

Postby EmberzTale » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:43 am

VERY RARE PET LIST

Tier 10 wrote:-