Guide to CS Rarities *update in progress*

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Guide to CS Rarity Histories & Rarity Lists

Postby mikan! » Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:24 pm

just going to pop in to say that i’ve been stalking this guide ever since i saw it posted, and i think it’s super cool that we’re getting some factually correct info on pet rarities now with it ^^
    i really hope this project gains some traction! demand for some valuable and some not-so-valuable pets is getting pretty crazy now, and it’s nice to have some evidence to pull back our idea of “worth” for those pets.

support!!! <3
i am no longer active on this site.
everything on my account that is
rare+ is for pokefarm
or for art.

pfq trades please D:
a click+feed for my babies?
ImageImage
mikan!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby amarok. » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:44 am

Aurora Storm wrote:
ElementalInsanity wrote:@both
I think it’s just a matter of you taking the time to keep your thread alive too. Bump it, try to start conversation etc. ^^ it can take time for such info filled threads to click, and takes time for them to stay alive.

I get where you're coming from, I just feel a bit weird about bumping it. I don't want it to seem like I'm shoving it in people's faces as "the new list" y'know, cause that is definitely not my intention.

my dude either you bump this or I do lol. this needs to be seen by as many people as physically possible I think. LufikER's too.

I mean to be fair I think it's unlikely people will take this a gospel anyway, since demand will always have an effect, but the fact that people will be able to make more informed choices when they're trading is honestly great. I wouldn't be too concerned about people taking this as a new List. C:

─────────────────────────────────────────────────
back after a long/involuntary hiatus! bear with me while i get my bearings again.
my pronouns are she/they.

i left a lot of stuff here unfinished and can't remember most of what i was up to.
please feel free to shoot me a dm over on discord at amar#8393. my inbox here
is still swamped and i'm a little too intimidated to go wading through it

─────────────────────────────────────────────────

amarok.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lufi » Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:24 am

ElementalInsanity wrote:@both
I think it’s just a matter of you taking the time to keep your thread alive too. Bump it, try to start conversation etc. ^^ it can take time for such info filled threads to click, and takes time for them to stay alive.

Thanks Element ^^
same as for aurora... I just don't want to push it into the players. It's better to let it slowly grow into their heads and slowly learn it for following it in the future. ^-^
Sometimes it's hard to see, how these threads are lost on other pages, but it's understandable. It will take some time, than people find this threads and learn to come back. Rarest list was here for so long time. ^-^
I hope that one time, will this threads took as "main" lists for fair trading. ^.^
Lufi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Asvoria » Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:42 am

I'll leave a friendly bump here as well.
It still amazes me how vastly this rarity list and the current demand differs.
I'd love to see a time where players go by this guide <3
Asvoria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ahirked » Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:33 am

bump, this is an excellent guide imo!
ahki - they/he - black trans lives matter - free palestine
art by -ewie- of my werm, Pip
ahirked

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Akele » Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:34 am

Love this thread! It’s filled with factual information. It’s easy to see which pets changed rarity and when - something that doesn’t take in demand and instead uses CS’s built-in rarity system to show how it values certain pets. I never knew like half of this info, and I’ve been around since 2008. I think it’ll definitely help people to think about things when they want to trade, which people need to do more of, IMO. Thanks for making this!
ImageImage Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image
Akele

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aurora Storm » Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:43 pm

ElementalInsanity wrote:No, I definitely understand. I wouldn’t consider this a new list, more of a factual reference. That’s just in my own eyes, however. ^^

amarok. wrote:my dude either you bump this or I do lol. this needs to be seen by as many people as physically possible I think. LufikER's too.

I mean to be fair I think it's unlikely people will take this a gospel anyway, since demand will always have an effect, but the fact that people will be able to make more informed choices when they're trading is honestly great. I wouldn't be too concerned about people taking this as a new List. C:

That is exactly my intention, so I'm glad you both interpret it that way! I even felt funny about calling them "lists" but.. they are lists lol I don't know how else I could describe them. I just feel like there's so much information on this thread that having it all compiled into a list makes it easier for quick referencing.

@mikan! @Asvoria @will byers. @Akele: Thank you guys so much for the support! <3

So. I have a draft of all the VR pets ordered by rarity, and it's got me shook. I wanted to post it here before I put it on the first page (waiting until after the next rarity update and I need to go through it to triple check everything) and see what y'all's thoughts are on it? The dates are which month the pets turned VR - or release date if they've always been VR.

EDIT 08/08/2020: Since I have seen a few people link to this post I must note that this draft is outdated as new information has been found on some pets and has shifted their placing slightly. The current draft that I am working on is kept up-to-date here but is NOT official or finished! You are more than welcome to continue using this as a resource, however the best source of accurate information until a "list" is officially posted on the front page is the Google spreadsheet Asvoria and I use to record all data. It can be viewed here.

VR Rarity "List" DRAFT
JUL 08:
Green Sorbet = Yellow Sorbet = Blue Sorbet = BE Galaxy = Blue Ice Rat
AUG 08:
Blue Toxic = Green Toxic = Red Toxic = Purple Toxic = Yellow Toxic = Nonballoon = Pink Balloon = Gearback Tribal = Spotted Tribal = Line Tribal
DEC 08:
Sockdog = Elf Rat
APR 09:
Black Dutch Bunny = Raver Bunny = Sunjewel Bunny = Teal Butterbun = Red Butterbun = Hyena Bunny = Royal Bobtail Bunny = Blue Sorbet Bunny = Green Toxic Bunny = Pink Balloon Bunny = Tribal Bunny = Moonswirl Bunny = Galaxy Bunny = BMD Bunny
OCT 09:
Blood PPS
NOV 09:
White Dragon
DEC 09:
CE Galaxy = Blue Balloon = Rose PPS = Winged Wood Angel = UR Purple Horse = 09 UR Dog = UR Apple
JAN 10:
Chocolate Bunny
MAR 10:
Dark Leopard = Red X PPS = Skeleton PPS = Green Fronted Holly Dog = Racecar Malk Spider = Wolf PPS = Dogtag Bunny = Light Cake Dog
APR 10:
Dark Shima Butterfly Wolf = Nick Sunback PPS = Nick Blue Toxic = Pink Cake Dog = Tricolour Cake Dog = Lexi Cake Dog
MAY 10:
Flop-eared Pink September = Joker = Grey Dutch Bunny = Palomino Tess Horse = Rainbow Cake Dog
JUN 10:
Patchy Pink September = Tan Light-Headed Rat = Grey Dragon = Red Dragon
JUL 10:
Pink Panda Rat = Halloween 08 Cat = Rose Rat = Purple Grinner = Pink Heart Bunny = Growing Batwing Blood Dog - Jack-O-Lantern Rat
AUG 10:
Striped Pink September = Red X Dog = Purple Batdog = Tinsel Tess Horse = Angel Advent = Dice PPS = Pink Coral Rat = Orange Grinner = Blue Grinner = Red Grinner = Green Grinner = Pink Grinner = Pumpkin Rat
SEP 10:
Orange Panda Rat = Green Zombie Pony
NOV 10:
Blue Rose = Blue Panda Rat = Solid Brown Advent Rat = Black Hooded Advent Rat = Brown Hooded Rat = Red Zombie Pony = Roadkill PPS
DEC 10:
Tan Hooded Advent Rat = Blue Speckled Advent Rat = Dark Brown Speckled Advent Rat = Blue Hooded Advent Rat
JAN 11:
Growing Light Faced October = Snowflake Butterfly Wolf = Raccoon Advent Rat = Tan Speckled Advent Rat = Brown Speckled Advent Rat = Solid Grey Advent Rat = Tabby Advent Rat = Rice Advent Rat = Brown Cow Advent Rat = Solid White Advent Rat = Solid Tan Advent Rat = Kiss PPS = White Bunny
FEB 11:
Red-Tail Boa Rat
MAR 11:
Blue Spotted October = Blue Light Striped October = Orange Heavy Striped October = Growing Dark Faced October = Watermelon Dog = Heart PPS Advent = Bone PPS Advent = Celestial PPS Advent = Orange Bobtail PPS Advent = Black Advent = Brown Border Collie Advent = BMD = Pink Heart Advent = Grey Tag Wolf Advent = Light Grey Wolf Advent = Purple Star Bobtail Advent = Vixen Advent = Pointy Black Border Collie Advent = Blue Flower Advent = Cookie Advent = Cream Advent = Hyena Advent = Orange/Mustard Heart Advent = Timberwolf Advent = Purple Heart/Husky Advent = Pink Cookie Advent = Grey Border Collie Advent = Candy Cane Butterfly Wolf = White Christmas 08 Cat = Tabby Christmas 08 Cat = Santa Rat = Rudolph Rat = Boar PPS = Wildebeest Butterfly Wolf = Gemsbok Butterfly Wolf = Skeleton Rat = Evil Shima PPS = Emerald Swirl Butterfly Wolf = Buckskin PPS = Malk Valentine PPS = Purple Bunny = Candy Cane Bunny = Bent-Eared Blood Dog
APR 11:
Leopard Rat = Nick Cake Dog = Pale Pink/Blue Spotted Advent = Light Blue Swirl Advent = Cobweb Bun = Ornament EPPS
MAY 11:
Red Rose = Tiger Rat = Pink Mini Husky = Fiery Gatoh 09 B-day Cat = Tufted-Eared Blood Dog = Ghost Cat = Halloween 09 Koi = St Patty's Day Tess Dragon
JUN 11:
Yin-Yang Green Swirl Dog = Grey Mini Husky = Blue Light Striped Rat = Green Heavy Dotted Rat = Pink Striped Rat = Pink Dotted & Striped Rat = Dark Wood Dog
AUG 11:
Target Dog = Block/Stripes November Rat = Red-Fronted Holly Dog = Tan Santa Hat Dog = Brown String Advent Tess Horse = Tinsel Lion = Snowflake Lion = Hollyfox Dog = Hollyfox Cat = African Grey Parrot Rat = Shadow 09 B-day Cat = White St Patty's Rat = Fireworks PPS = Cocoon PPS = Blue Dotted Rat = Blue Heavy Striped Rat = Green Light Dotted Rat = Green Striped Rat = Pink Dotted Rat = Tan Cow/Cattle Rat = Bunny Ears Guinea Pig = Null Bunny = Champagne Ferret Bunny = Grey 2nd Gen Bunny = Teal Malk Wolf Bunny
SEP 11:
Light Leopard = Red Heavy Striped October = Christmas Tree Advent = Peppermint Eared Advent = Growing Strawberry Dog = Halloween Purple Sleipnir
OCT 11:
Orange Light Striped October = Red Spotted October = Royal Bobtail = Purple/Pink Advent Tess Horse = Strawberry PPS = Blue Streaked Rat = Green and Purple Coral Rat = African Wild Dog Bunny
NOV 11:
Candy Cane Tess Horse = Green-nosed Rainbow Spot = Nick Nonjewel Horse = Valentine's Pink Heart 2nd Gen Rat = Valentine's Brown Heart 2nd Gen Rat = Valentine's White Heart 2nd Gen Rat = St Patrick's Day Dog = Pink April Fool's Cat
DEC 11:
Black and White Light Spotted Rat = Orca Rat = Bottlenose Dolphin Rat
Last edited by Aurora Storm on Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
╔═ · ✧ · ════════════════════╗
guide to cs rarities | trades | need help?
╚════════════════════ · ✧ · ═╝
Aurora Storm
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Law » Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:51 pm

Blood pps over CEG and a bunch of other main lists? O.O

Wow it'll take me a while to go through and digest this list.
Law

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aurora Storm » Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:31 pm

Law wrote:Blood pps over CEG and a bunch of other main lists? O.O

Wow it'll take me a while to go through and digest this list.

God I know right, that was tough for me to chew too. I keep trying to convince myself the data I have for the CEG and Blue Balloon is incorrect, but I really can't argue with the links I've found (anyone with conflicting research to show otherwise please do point it out to me!). Goes to show how much we just take on board as factual values without really knowing, I guess!
╔═ · ✧ · ════════════════════╗
guide to cs rarities | trades | need help?
╚════════════════════ · ✧ · ═╝
Aurora Storm
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:56 pm

I do really love recommending and linking this list whenever I can shamelessly advertise it because of how shocking it is to see the rarity changed compared. =)
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups