[CS Items Popular Values Guide]

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Postby teddy » Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:13 am

I made a document in which to store my personal item values a while ago, and recently reworked it with the help of a few other people in order to release it to the general CS public.

This is relatively preliminary at the moment, so please take that into consideration. Disclaimers are listed on the first page of the spreadsheet, please read them.

TL;DR- Without item rarities, I, nor anyone else could ever make a true estimate of item worth, and thus this is mostly subjective.

LINK TO SHEET

FAQ:
PLEASE READ BEFORE MAKING A SUGGESTION OR COMMENTING

How did you come up with these values?

I used equal parts my own experience, what my trading partners wanted as well as what I paid, and the experience of other item experts, many of whom have or had a complete or mostly complete item collection. I also took demand into account, along with objective rarity. Discontinued store items are rarer than free items, item trade-ins are rarer than free items, etc. To a certain degree, I scoured item collections on dead and old accounts to take inventory of their stock.

Where can I find evidence of these values?

I encourage myself and others to use this thread, which lists trades that other uses have done. Many of the recent trades will affirm these values. I also encourage you to contribute your own item trades to the thread if you feel comfortable enough in the valuation of both sides of the trade.

Why do we need a list? How is this going to be helpful?

I 100% understand where you’re coming from. I personally do not subscribe to any particular “lists” as I find trading experience more valuable and reliable. However, I truly believe that items are a special case. As they don’t have rarities, it is incredibly easy to scam an item out of a new user with no experience, and I’ve seen that exact scenario happen a lot. For this reason, I believe it is incredibly important to have some kind of guide for returning users and those who do not often trade for items.

How come this isn’t fully community based?

Because there are so few item experts on CS, I could only find a few users willing to help me on this project, who have the experience and knowledge to put together a guide. I did not use polls as I have found this and seen them used in the past, and they are often inefficient. I would also like to state the opinion that items are such a difficult situation to work with, and again, there are so few users that are truly familiar with them, that I do not feel popular opinion could have the same grasp on these values.

Suggestions? Comments?
PM me or leave them on this thread.

Users I consulted with:
Jacob: Has a full item collection
bakugou: Had a mostly complete item collection. Has been trading for items since 2011.
lucky333123: Has a full item collection
gay (myself): Has a full item collection

These are not all the users I consulted with. It is a list of those who wish to be included publicly on this thread. I will add more users here as I go along and get to talk to them.

Update log:
14th July 2021: Item guide is created
11 Aug. 2021: Item guide is uploaded to CS
12 Aug. 2021: Monster Eyes, 2009 Valentine's, Birthday, and St. Pats. Items are added
21 Aug. 2021: Rat Plushie and Cat Plushie from 2009 Christmas are added
24 Aug. 2021: St Pat's Shoes are added, Raven Perch Order is lowered from .25 to 2 MA, "Unknown" category is added for items with no solid trade data
17 Sept. 2021: 2011 Easter items are added. 2016 space event plant items are added.
30 Sept. 2021: 2009 Halloween Lil Monster, Halloween Candy, Deerskin Outfit items are added.
6 Nov. 2021: Deerskin Outfit re-evaluated.
22 Jan. 2022: Golden Egg Token re-evaluated from 1-2 MAs to LA-MA based on lack of trade data.
23 Jan. 2022: Silly Glasses items re-evaluated from .25 nons to 2 MAs. Raven Perch Order re-evaluated from 2 MAs to 1 MA. Raven Perch re-evaluated from 1 MA to 2 MAs. St. Pat's Shoes re-evaluated from LA to MA. Halloween Lil Monster re-evaluated from '09 rare to LA. '09 CS birthday plushies re-evaluated from MA to LA. Maracas re-evaluated from 1.5-2 MAs to 1.5 MAs. Astronaut Costume re-evaluated from 1 MA to 2 MAs. Werewolf costume pieces re-evaluated from .25 nons each to 2 MAs each. Animal Egg 4 re-evaluated from .5 nons to 1 non. Leopard Plushie re-evaluated from MA to LA. Hammer re-evaluated from .25 nons to 2 MAs.
22 Feb. 2022: Dark Eyes, Slanted Eyes, Collars, Bunny Outfits, and free Christmas Tree Set items are added.
6 Mar. 2023: Laboratory Gas, Malk Fairies, and Eros are added. Values of bunny outfits have been changed to be more clear-cut. Yellow Chicken Suit reduced from 2 MAs to 1 MA.
10 Sept. 2023: Red Rose, Weretomatoes, Count Bunnicula, Medieval Elf Set, and Piranha Set are added.
31 March 2024: Special release items are added.
Last edited by teddy on Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:27 am, edited 39 times in total.
teddy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: [CS Items Popular Values Guide]

Postby teddy » Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:14 am

mark
teddy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby teddy » Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:14 am

mark
teddy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lucky333123 » Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:14 am

Yay! Thank you for posting this :)
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────

───────────────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

┌────────────┐

If you need any help, feel
free to ask ^.^ dates matter
I am a holibomber!
I have gifted _60_ people.
I have received _35_ gifts.

└────────────┘
┌────────────┐

└────────────┘
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
lucky333123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Exitium » Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:17 am

this is a gift right here

Thank you so much for posting this oh my gosh!! I finally have a good reference point for items 😭
................exitium
.....discord: @mortemius

................Image

.............ImageImage

ImageImageImage
Exitium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nicole » Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:22 am

truly one of gay’s finest work
she/they

nicole

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby moongoddess » Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:27 am

Being on cs for almost 10 months now I have been trading for items for about 5 months I would say and I am so so happy that gay has done this beautiful job to help the community see that items do have worth and many of these items are very hard to find so having this guild is a god send I truly appreciate all the hard work you have put in to this guild gay I luff you 🥰
moongoddess

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Coraline » Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:47 am

Glad this thread is made since it will definitely help out players with items given how confusing and overwhelming they can be sometimes ^^
Coraline

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby morax » Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:48 am

mark
    :)