Staff Litter 2023 Discussion Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Postby Burrito Bunny » Fri Sep 01, 2023 9:03 am

Welcome to the discussion thread for all talking about this year's staff litter! Seeing as the staff litter is always a very popular discussion topic each year, the staff team has decided to make a separate thread just for this litter specifically, to avoid having the normal monthly adopts discussion be buried under staff litter talk.

This thread is for talk about the staff litter ONLY. To talk about the other adoptables of this month, please go to the September 2023 Discussion Thread.

*If you want to know which pups have grown please visit the September Outcomes Thread.

NO TRADE TALK.
Do not post asking for trades, offering trades, or discussing trades - the trade board is for that. This also includes hinting for trades, e.g. "I need to find someone to trade for this outcome", "No one is accepting my trades for this pet I missed", or "Got two of these, missed this one - off to the swaps thread!".

NO SPAM.
This includes countdowns, double posting, arguments, asking for trades, ranting about anything, or anything else that doesn't contribute to the discussion of the monthly pets.

BE RESPECTFUL.
Remember, everyone is to be treated with respect, including the CS artists and other people in the discussion thread, even if you disagree with their opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and not everyone will like a particular pet/colour/theme/etc.. This is fine, as long as it's expressed respectfully.
    Polite criticism examples wrote:
    The colours clash and are too bright for my taste. The wing position looks kind of awkward. The design is too busy for me - I prefer simpler designs. Not a fan of jewelry on pets. Not my cup of tea. This pet's theme creeps me out. I don't much care for the rat lineart.

Rude criticism examples wrote:
    BURN IT WITH FIRE! This is so terribly done. This looks stupid - a five-year-old could do better! Ugh, this is ugly and I hate it. MY EYES, THEY BLEED! What was the artist thinking?! This is just sloppy and uncreative. Blech, more rats?

See a problem? REPORT, don't REPLY!
If you think someone has been rude or is spamming, please REPORT it rather than replying to it or getting defensive. Arguments only create spam and hard feelings, and they are not appreciated by the staff (including the 'just be glad we get free pets!' arguments). Also, don't get involved in someone else's argument. If you see people arguing, REPORT, don't reply. Getting involved just makes you part of the problem. Posts that are simply carrying on an argument will likely be deleted as spam.

Please note that this thread may only be remade if and when it reaches 900 pages. Anything less is not necessary.

What is the Staff Litter?

The Staff Litter was first created back in November 2009 and is a litter created by the staff of Chicken Smoothie, therefore adopting the name 'The Staff Litter". The litter has since been an yearly tradition and was released each November, until the litter was moved in 2013 to September, to not have the Staff Litter overlapping with the yearly Halloween Event.

The staff decides on one specific color palette together and then are free to use their own creativity and imagination, to create their own dog for the litter, with the use of that one specific color palette only. The litter is then released, as a normal monthly adoptable, with the same newborn stage.

As the pups start to grow from their newborn stage, many members start on trying to guess which staff made which dog. Often the staff will leave hints for the members to guess from, but usually no staff will reveal their dog, before it has reached its final stage.

Previous Staff Litter Palettes

Image 09' Image 10' Image 11'Image 12' Image 13' Image 14' Image '15 Image '16 Image '17 Image '18 Image '19 Image '20
    Image '21 Image '22

Participating Staff

Aaron✦, AquilaFuga, Burrito Bunny, castiian, Codex, Concept, Desmond, Doglike, dogtreat, Emberwolf, Fawnie, FleshCanvas, hellevi, June Bug, Kazin, Koikee, Lacuna, MissionFlight, Nadine, Raire, reynard, Saikiyo, Schuyler, Seasonal, Shy, Solloby, Spaceinmyhead, Vampiric, ~Trompy, winx, Wobbuffet, xem, Yağmur and Zeena

Hint Chart

Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Staff Litter 2023 Discussion Thread

Postby kes. » Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:02 pm

What a fun color palette! Can't wait to see what y'all have come up with this year (:

[[ TH || DA || FR ]]

Hiya! I'm Kes, he/him/his, adult.
Skrapple is my gf and we like to gift each other <3

[[ guide to bird pets || sig art credit ]]

kes.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sui » Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:02 pm

Not sure if I'm the biggest fan of the colour scheme so far, but I'm sure I'll warm up to it later. Looking forward to seeing the outcomes grow.

  | Avatar | Signature | Usernames |

- Adult (and very boring).
- Also known online as Gira / Giratina.
- Good at seeming more serious than intended.
- May accidentally sound rude, sorry.

ImageImageImage
Sui

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dogian » Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:03 pm

It's interesting to see two identically-looking litters with different image ids: the top has 0E51D48141FC37B4CFDD0FFD9E60BE4E while the other one has FE2CB0FA0A9031043C004F7064FD0F7D.
▼Please click to care them!▼
ImageImage
ImageImage
Have a good & nice day!
Dogian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raela13579 » Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:03 pm

Love the color palette this year!
Raela13579

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Resplendent » Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:03 pm

What a pretty NB!! 🥹 So excited for another year of the Staff Litter!

Let the trolling begin

Resplendent
xxxxxxxi(she/her)
x━━━━━━━━━━━━━
xxartist & writer • carrd
Resplendent

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sharpy » Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:04 pm

Despite having been on the site for years, this is my first staff litter, I think lol. These look super nice, excited to see what they turn into!
Sharpy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bellatrix743 » Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:04 pm

I'm so so so excited for the staff litter! Pink usually isn't my fave but I like it with green XD
Pet's name: Vanilla
bellatrix743

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby +Vesper » Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:06 pm

Dogian wrote:Image
It's interesting to see two identically-looking litters with different image ids: the top has 0E51D48141FC37B4CFDD0FFD9E60BE4E while the other one has FE2CB0FA0A9031043C004F7064FD0F7D.

I noticed that! Whenever I adopt pets of different image ids it like, shifts weirdly - I thought there was a pps but this makes sense now!
On hiatus
I'll be bak
+Vesper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Xiao_Jian » Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:07 pm

Interesting to see designs on the pup instead of just solid colors/gradients.
Xiao_Jian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me