The "Is this a fair trade?" Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: The "Is this a fair trade?" Thread

Postby Wysterinka » Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:47 am

jordlydana wrote:
ACat wrote:
It's likely they ninja traded you, targeting players who they assume are unaware of the value of things by making it seem their side is very overpaid. Sorry that happened :(

I guess they picked the right target :( Very embarrassing
Thankyou so much for all your help!

You can absolutely write the other user for trade back or ask them to send you add-on :)

My character Rose^
Wysterinka

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby birdiesong » Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:49 am

Guineapigg wrote:https://www.chickensmoothie.com/trades/viewtrade.php?id=109441303&userid=852332&signature=08zUrAYvVHZXkI4vNRCEiQ

Is this fair?

referencing this chart i’d say this is a pretty fair offer, if not a little bit of overpay on their side (i calculated their pets to be worth closer to 250C$). but a lot of people don’t value rats as highly so that might be why they’re asking for less.
➹ hi i'm birdie! ➷
★ illustrator ★
☥ kemetic pagan ☥
⇝ my art shop ⇜
⇝ my art gallery ⇜
⇝ my adoptables ⇜
birdiesong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pjbuzzy » Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:53 am

So, I’m curious about this.

I sent someone this trade: trades/viewtrade.php?id=109432438&userid=247366&signature=yFp5NYz7esWnpixBnUCSNA

I was under the impression that this should be fair since the warriors are 1MA each (even for true date) and the forest guardian dog is 2MA. However, they cancelled and told me that the warrior cats are worth “quite a bit more since they’re from july and august 2008 and not extended releases.”

They then sent me a link to this trade as an example of what a “fair trade” for 2 2008 warriors looks like: trades/viewtrade.php?id=109352420&userid=970675&signature=S04COLAD1Fm0xs2rWGtq3Q

Now, what they accepted for the warriors here is worth 7MA when, to my best knowledge and according to the popular trading guide, these two cats should only be worth 2MA total. I’ve done a lot of trades for warrior cats, including for true date 2008 cats, and have never seen someone expecting this much for them. Am I crazy, or is this kind of absurd?
Last edited by pjbuzzy on Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
pjbuzzy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby birdiesong » Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:58 am

pjbuzzy wrote:So, I’m curious about this.

I sent someone this trade: trades/viewtrade.php?id=109432438&userid=247366&signature=yFp5NYz7esWnpixBnUCSNA

I was under the impression that this should be fair since the warriors are 1MA each (even for true date) and the forest guardian dog is 2MA. However, they cancelled and told me that the warrior cats are worth “quite a bit more since they’re from july and august 2008 and not extended releases.”

They then sent me a link to this trade as an example of what a “fair trade” for 2 2008 warriors looks like: trades/viewtrade.php?id=109352420&userid=970675&signature=S04COLAD1Fm0xs2rWGtq3Q

Now, what they accepted for the warriors here is worth 7MA when, to my best knowledge and according to the popular reading guide, these two cats should only be worth 2MA total. I’ve done a lot of trades for warrior cats, including for true date 2008 cats, and have never seen someone expecting this much for them. Am I crazy, or is this kind of absurd?

i agree with you, the 2008 ER warriors are only worth 1 MA each (the VR and R ones worth closer to .5 MAs). i scanned some recent trades and not a single one valued the older warrior cats as above 1 MA. your first trade is fair swap and that second trade is definitely overpay.
➹ hi i'm birdie! ➷
★ illustrator ★
☥ kemetic pagan ☥
⇝ my art shop ⇜
⇝ my art gallery ⇜
⇝ my adoptables ⇜
birdiesong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wysterinka » Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:59 am

Now, what they accepted for the warriors here is worth 7MA when, to my best knowledge and according to the popular reading guide, these two cats should only be worth 2MA total. I’ve done a lot of trades for warrior cats, including for true date 2008 cats, and have never seen someone expecting this much for them. Am I crazy, or is this kind of absurd?

I know lot of people who value TD higher, including myself, but warrior cats? not that high... most T7 dogs get 1.5 - 2 MA and so should these cat so if they ask for overpay for TD, it should be 4MA max for both of them. But maybe their value is somewhat sentimental and they don't wanna trade them for the pets you offer, the 7-8MA trade above is crazy over.

My character Rose^
Wysterinka

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ACat » Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:59 am

I agree with you. Even on the demand masterpost they're listed as 1 MA, whether TD or RR, so this person is certainly expecting too much.
ACat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gansey » Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:04 am

Wysterinka wrote:

I know lot of people who value TD higher, including myself, but warrior cats? not that high... most T7 dogs get 1.5 - 2 MA and so should these cat so if they ask for overpay for TD, it should be 4MA max for both of them. But maybe their value is somewhat sentimental and they don't wanna trade them for the pets you offer, the 7-8MA trade above is crazy over.

i agree too. though, even if it's sentimental value, they should certainly not send someone a trade as an example and call it fair. demand masterpost says td=rr too, which i know isnt true for some people but once again, sending a trade as an example to try and convince someone of its fairness is not a standard that should be set.
╔════════════╗

howdy
my name is noah
i love d&d, writing, pokémon,
and birding.
free to pm // fr // cs store

╚════════════╝
gansey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TenMillionFireflies » Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:05 am

I'd highly recommend reading this guide and editing your trade rules accordingly! It really helped me.

BE NICE TO GEORGE
TenMillionFireflies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TooSpooky » Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:06 am

TenMillionFireflies wrote:https://www.chickensmoothie.com/trades/viewtrade.php?id=109425132&userid=1073239&signature=IeBB3sdq5ErqdjSNwA2InA

Is this fair? (5 old rares for 2 recent store pets)

From what I've been told recent store pets are worth 1 old rare each (2010-2011) so they would be overpaying
TooSpooky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ethandaflareon » Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:06 am

trades/viewtrade.php?id=109441495

is this a fair trade? i know next to nothing about rarities in this game, i know that the tags on the pets that signal their rarity dont dictate their actual worth so im asking here
Image Image Image

trades
free pets
toyhouse purge

comms: closed

im inactive here, if you need to contact me for any reason, you can dm me on discord! my username is krisxberdly
ethandaflareon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me