Trade Rant Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Trade Rant Thread

Postby Seasonal » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:43 pm

The old one is getting closer to 8,000 posts. Plus, being the grammar Nazi that I am, I wanted to fix the typos, which I have done in the quote below. xD

Chry wrote:Yep... rant and rave, people. ^^

Rules:
1: Don't name names; we don't want anyone embarrassed here. Again, DO NOT NAME NAMES!
2: If you happen to come here and see the offer you made, don't cry about it.
3: No bad-talking "n00bs", as you are just as likely to be named one as the next person.
4: If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all. No more of this senseless name calling.
5: Please, don't post "Bookmarking", "marking", "saving", etc. This topic is really popular and it will always stay close to the front page. If you want to bookmark it, there is a button at the bottom of the page that will store all the threads you want easy access to,
6: No spamming. So no chit-chat, no asking for stupid trades, and no SLANDER. That means you don't judge someone because of their grammar issues or their inability to read trade messages. There is always a chance that the person on the other side of the trade might not have your language as their first language, or they could even be dyslexic.
7: Do not bad mouth COPPA'd users - as this is getting out of hand, do NOT come here to whine about how annoying it is that COPPA'd users cannot send trade messages, fail at rarities, or are sending multiple trades/edits, or just being downright annoying. You were once a newb yourself; you should remember this. The Trade Rant Thread is not a place to badmouth the COPPA'd users.
A COPPA'd user is a member under 13 years of age. They cannot send messages on the the forums or on the main site (i.e. trade messages). Yes, there are a large number of them who do not understand rarities, but then, neither did you when you started. ;)
8: I see this everyday here, and it's starting to become a bit of an issue. If you are continuously getting trades for your prized pet, and it's annoying and you hate it, have you considered changing the trade settings on said group? If your problems can be fixed by this, I suggest doing so and not complaining over and over about it.

Tess wrote:Just a reminder that being rude or abusive to other players is against the rules.

If you cancel a bad trade with a nasty message, you could get in trouble. So don't do it. If someone sends you a nasty message, you can report it, don't retaliate.

If someone tells you that your cancel message was a bit rude, don't get angry at THEM, just revise the way you cancel trades, and don't be such a bully in future.

If you sincerely can't think of a single nice word to say when canceling a trade, then cancel it without a message. There's no point getting yourself in trouble over someone else's bad trade offer.

Use some common sense, and don't throw a tantrum when other people advise you to tone it down. With their advice, you potentially avoid a board warning. Throwing their advice in their face, you encourage me to give you a board warning.

Think before you post, and think before you abuse someone for sending you a bad trade. I don't care if someone asked for 100 of your very best pets for free, if you turn around and abuse them I will still warn you for nastiness.

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
about - characters - trades
need to contact CS staff?
submit a help ticket here!
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝
Seasonal
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Trade Rant Thread

Postby baestille » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:45 pm

Somnus wrote:http://www.chickensmoothie.com/trades/viewtrade.php?id=6345362&userid=778&signature=I-3-uIORgN0mcO4lybSvSQ

>->

It burns

----hi im bee {{ she/her
    -- my pms are always open
    -- and feel free to trade me Image

baestille

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rushwater » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:45 pm

Somnus wrote:http://www.chickensmoothie.com/trades/viewtrade.php?id=6345362&userid=778&signature=I-3-uIORgN0mcO4lybSvSQ

>->

D: Can people not read dates?
I will soon be merging with Never, so look for me on that account later on. :3
Rushwater

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Allizia » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:47 pm

Rushwater wrote:

>->

D: Can people not read dates?

I suppose not D:
Silence is never the answer. If one claims to be grown up, then they need to face the thing they are running away from.
Allizia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KumyaKuma » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:48 pm

Yay!!! 5th post Rant
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
Hi can you pick one of those very rare/rares from your side?Please edit if you think my pets aren't enough for one or two of yours.
Just one thing:I DO NOT trade pets i have one of!

Well buddy,All the pets i want theres only one "copy' of that pet DX
I'm going to de quitly in that corner over there.
Last edited by KumyaKuma on Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KumyaKuma

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Minty Bunni » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:50 pm

My little sister pogo789 and I share an Ip address.
Watch the new pumpkin pet grow:
I enjoy trades.
Minty Bunni

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rushwater » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:51 pm

http://www.chickensmoothie.com/trades/v ... rN5wv8Fv9g
Sent it to them, and they sent it back as it was saying. "No bats? I don't like em."

I cancelled saying "Well sorry then. I'm not going to overpay more than that."

But, why the heck was the bat on their wishlist if they don't like them? ._.
I will soon be merging with Never, so look for me on that account later on. :3
Rushwater

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby average » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:51 pm

I just got a PM from someone saying

n00b wrote:can i huv ur sundg hes purty

Of course! That's my last dying wish! 8D [/sarcastic]
Last edited by average on Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
average

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KumyaKuma » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:52 pm

Wow thats just rude
KumyaKuma