CS Items Guide - Help update values - Medieval Faire Tokens

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Items Guide - almost ready

Postby BrightPink » Thu May 26, 2011 5:52 am

Solloby wrote:
Katt n Breezie wrote:Here's what I paid for the DIY Cake set. Hope it helps:

http://www.chickensmoothie.com/trades/viewtrade.php?id=7410953&userid=50292&signature=LdPmHTqciEL_0dsfOS_e-g

Very interesting, a Timberwolf. I /think/ you did really well out of that trade, but maybe people have been overvaluing them, I know someone that paid very heavily for theirs but was unable to trade it out again for the same amount, I can't remember how much they paid though, I try to look it up later.

I think I overpaid a bit, but I know it will get more valuable over time (so I can trade it for a better offer).
Even if they organise another contest like that next year, I think the prizes will be different.
BrightPink

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solloby » Thu May 26, 2011 9:01 pm

I'm almost certain the prizes would be different if they had another contest. I think you also did ok out of the trade. I think it's going to get more valuable when people realise how few of them there are. And it's a really, really nice set - lots of pieces, a nice theme (who doesn't like cake??) and lots of different colours so if you don't like a colour you can still enjoy the set. I think right now there's a lot around for offer because I'm guessing some people entered to get the items to trade for valuable pets. Once those trades are through we'll probably start to see it's value settle a bit.
Solloby
I take care of the CS archives and
sometimes submit pet/item designs.

Characters :: Artwork

Help
You can find Help in the main navigation menu.
If your question or problem is not answered there, please use the Help System.
I am not a mod and cannot help you so please don't PM me for site help.
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 'Possum » Thu May 26, 2011 9:53 pm

Solloby wrote:I'm almost certain the prizes would be different if they had another contest. I think you also did ok out of the trade. I think it's going to get more valuable when people realise how few of them there are. And it's a really, really nice set - lots of pieces, a nice theme (who doesn't like cake??) and lots of different colours so if you don't like a colour you can still enjoy the set. I think right now there's a lot around for offer because I'm guessing some people entered to get the items to trade for valuable pets. Once those trades are through we'll probably start to see it's value settle a bit.

That's what I'm thinking. I know personally, collecting items is another goal for people who've completed their collection already. And this item set is something to collect. Also, as you said, there are people who definitely joined the contest just to get the cake item set. They even mentioned the fact in their descriptions of their cakes in the gallery. But once those particular sets have moved on to owners with no intention of trading them they'll become extremely hard to find and their value will go up. The fact that it's just such a huge set of items makes it valuable as well if you've got a complete set. I've seen some of them being divided up and traded off in bits and pieces already.
'Possum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby emgeal » Fri May 27, 2011 1:56 pm

I know some of the Chicken O's Flags are in circulation because I've been sent at least three trades asking me to edit in an offer. I've never offered enough mainly because 1. I still have a pet collection to complete (only two pets missing excluding new releases) and 2.I'll worry about the other items first.

Honestly if you think about it the contest items and Chicken O's stuff would be worth much more then an UR or Zebra. Every Dec. 18th you have another chance to get or trade for those pets. Thus far the items have never been re-released and probably never will. It's scary if you think about it. (Especially if you're like me and have tentatively decided to collect all the items.)
ImageImageImageImage

Complete Collection Achieved on 12/21/2011! (Pets and items)
emgeal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Items Guide

Postby Solloby » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:15 pm

I think the Items guide is ready now, but please let me know if something's valued wrong.
Solloby

Help
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby stanzathemanza » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:13 pm

Great effort, Solloby. The one thing I see a bit off is that the 'Laptop' Item is listed as a middle 09 uncommon, when in my opinion it's closer to 1-2 early '10 uncommons. Other than that, looks good! :3
I'm briefly back after 8 years! <3

22-yr-old punk. they/them
stanzathemanza

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby asexual » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:04 pm

I really don't think the DIY cake stuff is really worth that much. A lot of people entered, so though demand might make it seem like it's worth much more, there's quite a few out there. But until sometimes passes, I really only think it's worth about an 08 rare at the most.
Let me edit this before I get chewed at. If the chicken O's flag is worth about a green toxic/gearback worth, then why would, even with demand, a set that a ton of people got, be worth something near a decent offer on a gearback? Maybe an 08 advent, one of the less rare VR ones, I think would be pushing it. x3
╔══════════════════════════╗

FR Trade Thread
CS Trade Thread
asexual

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solloby » Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:00 pm

Thanks Spiky, updated it :)

I did the maths the other day, I think around 0.35% of users have the DIY Cake set - that surely makes it a solid Very Rare were it a pet. I think we'll see its value settle sometime next year when more people want it because they weren't here for the event. Or perhaps the year after because the people that join around now and next year will have more valuable pets to spend. Until then it's anyone's guess really.

The Cake set is much bigger and more interactive than the Chicken O's set because you can play with it a lot (you customise the cakes) and you can use it on multiple pets so it's really a group of items all in one. I'd say that the cake set will have a huge demand compared to the Chicken O's items simply because it's a customisable set rather than a single item. So while the Chicken O's stuff is a lot rarer, it's also a lot less in demand.

I think the problem with the Chicken O's stuff is that they are too rare, which drops their demand. They are very, very few of them, but people don't want to pay so heavily for them. So they are in this weird place where they are worth more than what people will pay, but people can't pay less because they are so extremely rare.

I think the UR Butterfly Wolf is a bit like this too, it's extremely valuable but it's demand is lowered because not many people want to pay that much for it.

In conclusion I have no idea how much the DIY Cake Set is worth. I've placed it above a low Sept 08 and below the Gearback Tribal, which is a massive range. I'd argue that it's worth more than a low Sept 08 dog because there'd be a more low Sept 08 dogs out there than cake sets (light leopard is rare tagged). That's assuming the rarity thresholds are where I think they are. From what I've seen the 'rare' tag has a huge range.
Solloby

Help
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby stanzathemanza » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:06 am

Atome wrote:
I really don't think the DIY cake stuff is really worth that much. A lot of people entered, so though demand might make it seem like it's worth much more, there's quite a few out there. But until sometimes passes, I really only think it's worth about an 08 rare at the most.
Let me edit this before I get chewed at. If the chicken O's flag is worth about a green toxic/gearback worth, then why would, even with demand, a set that a ton of people got, be worth something near a decent offer on a gearback? Maybe an 08 advent, one of the less rare VR ones, I think would be pushing it. x3

You make a good point about the cake set. Except, we must keep in mind that there are 165,184 current members on Chicken Smoothie, and only 562 sets were released. This, plus the fact that many sets are being separated and moved around a bunch, I doubt anyone really knows the value of the set at the moment. We should wait for things to settle, until we can see the actual value and get a good estimate of what the sets are going for.
I'm briefly back after 8 years! <3

22-yr-old punk. they/them
stanzathemanza

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solloby » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:11 pm

Thanks for the exact figures Spiky :)
That works out at 0.34% of users having the cake set.
Solloby

Help
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me