Digitally Distinct: Signature Tutorial Thread

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Re: Digitally Distinct: Signature Tutorial Thread

Postby reuqch » Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:55 am

how do you make the text centered for this?:

╔═════════════╗

INSERT TEXT HERE

╚═════════════╝
reuqch

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby account inactive » Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:02 am

reuqch wrote:how do you make the text centered for this?:

╔═════════════╗

INSERT TEXT HERE

╚═════════════╝

I think you'll have to use transparent x's
-
account inactive

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mercury - » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:56 am

i know this isn't necessarily a signature, but i didn't know where else to ask 'v'
how can i make the two boxes underneath the about centered and the same height?

Code: Select all
[center][img]https://40.media.tumblr.com/2b639d0a7296ee1ea32fa458d91d10e4/tumblr_mnbg4iqmpb1rgpyeqo1_500.png[/img]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
[img]http://flont.veer.com/flontpng.aspx?text=mercury%27s%20search&size=25&maxWidth=540&fontId=23762&lineheight=30&backcolor=01FFFFFF&color=FF000000&wrap=false&tracking=0.04[/img]
but i haven't rped in quite a while, so my paragraphs may be a bit short and lacking 'til i can
get back into the swing of things. my time zone is [url=http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/usa/new-york]est[/url] [*note, mods, i do not live in nyc.] my
replies are usually pretty plain when it comes to coding, as i don't really feel like it's needed.
but if you want me to make my posts prettier, i can do that![/size]
╚══════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝[/center]
[color=transparent]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color]╔════════════════════════╗

[color=transparent]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color]╚════════════════════════╝[list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list]╔════════════════════════╗

╚════════════════════════╝[/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]
mercury -

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Universal » Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:54 am

Thanks!! this helped so so so much!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxx-`♡´-
xxxxxxadult · ♀ · ♈︎
xxxxxxi love my boyfriend
xxxxxxwhomst i share an ip with
xxxxxxplease do not ban us thanks
xxxxxx -----------------------------
xxxxxx halloween pet collector!
xxxxxx forgor how to trade... :(
xxxxxx hard reqs will rot sorrys
xxxxxx -----------------------------
Universal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby astro. » Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:55 am

This helped me a lot, but I'm still slightly confused on the image resizing? What if it isn't saved to your device, and you just want to use the URL?

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage

✯ ✯ ✯
✯ ✯ ✯
Wᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʀᴜɴ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛʀᴇᴇᴛs
(ᴡɪᴛʜ sᴛᴀʀs ɪɴ ᴏᴜʀ ᴇʏᴇs)
Wᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ᴛᴇᴀʀ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴛʜɪs ᴛᴏᴡɴ
(ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ɴɪɢʜᴛ!)

coding
astro.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby caesou » Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:49 pm

*Because* wrote:This helped me a lot, but I'm still slightly confused on the image resizing? What if it isn't saved to your device, and you just want to use the URL?

you'll have to edit on the device with the image, or save the image before resizing. i think some programs allow urls, but i haven't heard of it.

can someone help me get the background (gif below) to be transparent? i've done some progress with oie, but it's taking a while.
    also, are there any recommendations if i'm in a similar/same situation?
    edit: link

Last edited by caesou on Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hi, i'm caesou!
she/they
caesou

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby j oanna » Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:58 pm

Crystal wrote:
*Because* wrote:This helped me a lot, but I'm still slightly confused on the image resizing? What if it isn't saved to your device, and you just want to use the URL?

you'll have to edit on the device with the image, or save the image before resizing. i think some programs allow urls, but i haven't heard of it.

can someone help me get the background (gif below) to be transparent? i've done some progress with oie, but it's taking a while.

I can help, but I need to go on my computer first, then I can give you a few tips and try it myself.
┌──────┐

hi im joanna.
she/her
cs discord 【☆】

└──────┘
j oanna

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nightsent » Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:08 am

Crystal wrote:

edit: link

http://www.online-image-editor.com (OIE) allows you to upload your image by URL but once it is edited, you must download it and upload on a site like http://www.imgur.com/ or http://www.tinypic.com/.
Nightsent

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby default » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:53 am

↱ How to make your own gifs! (Photoshop Tutorial) ↲ ↲
        **Will work on a tutorial for users without PTS. I could also attempt at making a video along with this??

· STEP ONE: Find the video/MP4 you would like to use and download it.
          *(Or if you'd prefer, you can record the video with *on Mac* QuickTime Player (pre-installed onto all Apple computers), or *on Windows* with Gifcam.)
          ** I usually upload the clip to imgur Video to Gif for the best recording quality.
          - Here is the video I will be using, xx. (I downloaded it using this Chrome extension)

· STEP TWO: Upload the video to Photoshop
          - *(You should it down beforehand for a smaller file by double clicking it and select Trim in the edit bar. xx, xx).
          **Note, trimming is optional if your video isn't too large.

· STEP THREE: Make any speed adjustments.
          * If you're looking to speed up/slow down your video, do this before moving on.
          - Open up the timeline **If the timeline does't show up for you, click on the Window tab and select Timeline. xx. If your timeline is on the frame animation, click the ' Convert to video timeline button', xx
          - Click the triangle/arrow/play button at the right end of the clip and set your speed, xx
          * On the right end, pull the clip to make sure you didn't lose any time/frames. xx
          - Once you're finished, go to the Filter tab and select 'Convert for Smart Filters'. xx
          **With smart filters, you can easily shift where you want your gif to be, xx, or adjust the intensity of your smart sharpen, xx.

· STEP FOUR: Start set and end + Adjust size + Add Filters
          - Slide the playhead to where you want your gif to begin START END FINAL
          - Crop out any unnecessary elements, xx, crop xx, resize xx (make the resolution 100), and (optional) add a smart sharpen. xx.
          - Add filters/adjustments xx or xx

· STEP FIVE: Preview and Save xx
          - These are my settings (for reference), xx
          ** The less colors it has, the smaller the size. 256 is the largest amount.

· STEP SIX: Re-upload the gif into PTS and revise.
          - If you're making gifs for Tumblr the file has to be 2MB or less, meaning you'll have to cut down your gif.
          - In the timeline, select which frames you want to delete *To select a bunch at a time, hold shift and click the first frame then the last one. To select individual frames, hold command instead* xx
          - If you're still wanting to change the speed of the gif, click Select All Frames, xx, in the tab, click on a frame (doesn't matter which one) and select other, xx, and set the frame rate, xx

· FINISHED EXAMPLES:
Last edited by default on Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me