Hedgehogposting -- A Sonic Thread

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Hedgehogposting -- A Sonic Thread

Postby rabbithaver » Fri Aug 04, 2023 7:10 am

listen. i was honestly SHOCKED to learn that there wasn't a thread for these games yet.

they've been around longer than i have. i need other people to talk to about this franchise whether you grew up with the games or are a new fan like myself, whether you've played the games or watched let's plays, whether you read the comics or just watch the shows, it doesn't matter. if you like the little blue guy then you're welcome here. who's your favorite character? what's your favorite game?

please for the love of god talk to me i am so autistic about this franchise it's not even funny

call me rabbit || they/them
adult player || hedgehog enjoyer

Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image

my mom || my homie || my buddy
trade thread || dreamies || dragon cave
fursona || shadow playlist || sonic fans
rabbithaver

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Hedgehogposting -- A Sonic Thread

Postby Konata. » Fri Aug 04, 2023 7:52 am

Hey!! I grew up watching the sonic x anime on tv- I haven’t played any games tbh but got back into it because I watched a snapcube sonic dub whwhwhwh

I also heard the idw comics are pretty good?? :0 I haven’t started reading it but I plan to!

My favourites are knuckles / amy!
🙾
🙾
🙾
🙾
🙾
🙾
🙾
🙾
🙾
🙾
🙾
🙾
🙾
🙾
🙾
🙾

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵‿︵‿

Lifelong dreams to make
webcomics, music, and merch!
PFP art by shawty kai

art shop trades link ©

░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░
███████████████
════════ ⋆★⋆ ════════
════════ ⋆★⋆ ════════
███████████████
Konata.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rabbithaver » Fri Aug 04, 2023 7:58 am

HIYA

i'm fully intending on watching Sonic X at some point. my friend Fern (the homie in my sig) is the one primarily responsible for getting me into the hedgehog stuff, so i'm hoping to watch it with him. he's been a constant low-level background radiation of sonic-related content for me for the past 5 years and Frontiers is what finally shoved me toward the metaphorical Elephant's Foot. i now have terminal Can't Shut Up Disease about the series.

you're gonna LOVE IDW #62. it has some of the best Knuckles characterization i've encountered thus far, and Amy's got some great moments. they have such a sweet bond.

Image Image Image

rabbithaver

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mr. Taker » Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:09 am

Hello my fellow nerds.

I tried to watch Sonic X earlier this year but the censoring done by 4kids frustrated me.
I haven't read IDW either yet, but I just about 10 minutes ago ordered the first part of the collection. I do have a bunch of Archie comics tho, single issues and some of the Super Specials. I honestly wasn't a huge fan of Archie's stuff but I did love going to the store every week and checking if they had a new issue out lol.
Mr. Taker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rabbithaver » Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:15 am

i have read a small handful of the Archie comics and they're definitely... an acquired taste, i think. the tone of them just doesn't work for me. unfortunately it has a wealth of Team Dark content which means i will eventually have to delve back in and read more.

from my interactions with other fans i've gathered that the best of Archie is usually penned by Ian Flynn, who writes for IDW (along with the immaculate Evan Stanley) and has consistently surpassed my expectations. he also wrote Frontiers, which i think is part of why it was so great. if he'd written Forces, i genuinely think that game would've been better lol

Image Image Image

rabbithaver

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Konata. » Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:23 am

chirp. wrote:HIYA

i'm fully intending on watching Sonic X at some point. my friend Fern (the homie in my sig) is the one primarily responsible for getting me into the hedgehog stuff, so i'm hoping to watch it with him. he's been a constant low-level background radiation of sonic-related content for me for the past 5 years and Frontiers is what finally shoved me toward the metaphorical Elephant's Foot. i now have terminal Can't Shut Up Disease about the series.

you're gonna LOVE IDW #62. it has some of the best Knuckles characterization i've encountered thus far, and Amy's got some great moments. they have such a sweet bond.

is your sig from sonic prime?? i haven't watched that!! and is sonic frontiers good :00 i wanna start playing sonic games,, my friend is lending me sonic advenures 1 and 2 so im excited for that!!

AND EHDSDHS YES THE 4KIDS CENSORING OF SONIC X IS INDEED FRUSTRATING esp cus you dont get explanations / things are cut up but the dub voices and lines are HILARIOUS - nostlagia factor wins for me but tbh if you wanna enjoy the story i say go for the subbed version!
🙾
🙾
🙾
🙾
🙾
🙾
🙾
🙾
🙾
🙾
🙾
🙾
🙾
🙾
🙾
🙾

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵‿︵‿

Lifelong dreams to make
PFP art by shawty kai

art shop trades link ©

░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░
███████████████
════════ ⋆★⋆ ════════
════════ ⋆★⋆ ════════
███████████████
Konata.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rabbithaver » Fri Aug 04, 2023 10:04 am

Konata. wrote:is your sig from sonic prime?? i haven't watched that!! and is sonic frontiers good :00 i wanna start playing sonic games,, my friend is lending me sonic advenures 1 and 2 so im excited for that!!
-snip-

IT IS yeah! Prime is insanely good. like, it's got no right to be as good as it is. i am not exaggerating when i say that in Season 2, Shadow's at the best he's been since Sonic Adventure 2 and 06. he's so well-written and it's entirely because Sega loosened their absolutely ridiculous restrictions around his character. also Ian Hanlin is literally the only voice actor for him that matters to me lmao

like, look at this gif! he's having so much fun being a cocky menace and it fills me with so much joy.

Frontiers is the game that made me go from an ironic "i hope the next game is bad because then the let's plays i watch will be funny" appreciation for the Sonic franchise to... whatever is going on with me currently. i haven't yet played it myself, but i did watch this so i've basically seen all of it. it is an absolutely fantastic game and experiencing it rewired my neurochemistry in a way i'm not sure i'll ever fully recover from. between the score, the visuals, the character writing, the voice acting, it's all just awesome.

Image Image Image

rabbithaver

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Konata. » Fri Aug 04, 2023 10:30 am

chirp. wrote:IT IS yeah! Prime is insanely good. like, it's got no right to be as good as it is. i am not exaggerating when i say that in Season 2, Shadow's at the best he's been since Sonic Adventure 2 and 06. he's so well-written and it's entirely because Sega loosened their absolutely ridiculous restrictions around his character. also Ian Hanlin is literally the only voice actor for him that matters to me lmao

-snip-

Frontiers is the game that made me go from an ironic "i hope the next game is bad because then the let's plays i watch will be funny" appreciation for the Sonic franchise to... whatever is going on with me currently. i haven't yet played it myself, but i did watch this so i've basically seen all of it. it is an absolutely fantastic game and experiencing it rewired my neurochemistry in a way i'm not sure i'll ever fully recover from. between the score, the visuals, the character writing, the voice acting, it's all just awesome.

is the show complete?? :0 AND YESS MORE SHADOW FIODSJFDKSAF he makes my brain rot cus why is he a bad guy but also kinda slaying,, his little team with rouge and omega was amazing :DD oh yeah there was also sonic boom which my friend enjoyed that i never watched

yeahhh the animation looks amazing! tbh im not surprised cus even in superrr old sonic games from early 2000s had amazing animation (lol sonic 06) for the cutscenes www IDK IF ID BE GOOD AT PLAYING A SONIC GAME CUS ITS SUPER FAST?? BUT I HEARD A LOT OF PEOPLE WITH ADHD LIKE IT SINCE THE FAST PACE SO MAYBE ILL TRY and wait isnt frontiers open world?? i love open worlds whjkhadsw i dont see a lot of people talk about prime or frontiers but i was super hyped about it, the hype did die down tho so i just assumed the plot wasnt that good but hearing you talk about it makes me wanna watch it hhh
🙾
🙾
🙾
🙾
🙾
🙾
🙾
🙾
🙾
🙾
🙾
🙾
🙾
🙾
🙾
🙾

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵‿︵‿

Lifelong dreams to make
PFP art by shawty kai

art shop trades link ©

░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░
███████████████
════════ ⋆★⋆ ════════
════════ ⋆★⋆ ════════
███████████████
Konata.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rabbithaver » Fri Aug 04, 2023 10:35 am

OKAY SO THE THING ABOUT PRIME. it is technically done in that all 24 episodes have been completed. however, Netflix is evil and has chosen to release those 24 episdoes as 8 episode "seasons." currently we are on Season 2, which came out July 13, and if the pattern holds then the last 8 episodes should come out around December. i am going feral about it because they left us with the worst cliffhanger of all time.

Frontiers is indeed open world! i have the same problem in that my reflexes are ATROCIOUS -- i played about a minute of Colors on the DS and then had a panic attack because it overstimulated me (who would have guessed the Go Fast game would indeed Go Fast? certainly not me, it would seem.) so i mostly watch cutscene compilations and stuff. however i have been told by other fans that Frontiers is by far the most accessible Sonic game, as there's a great deal of settings you can alter to change how fast the game plays and the difficulty, so it's one i plan on picking up despite my uh. aforementioned issues lmao

Image Image Image

rabbithaver

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ferngoat » Fri Aug 04, 2023 11:26 am

HIIII I HEARD SONIC OWO
been a huge fan of the series since i was kid in 2008-9!!! i started w the Fast 2D Games on the ds and had a blast with them, but honestly? frontiers is my favorite of all time. fun gameplay. giant robots with the coolest songs imaginable. impeccable vibes. chef's kiss

idk if it's obvious at all what one of my fav characters is. :P

adult - it/its - aroace
goat/robot/dragon
critter playing my
silly little virtual pet
games. :3
go check out my buds:
x - x - x

i can also be
found here:

ferngoat

My pets