Search for a Lost Fantasy(semi-literate+)

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which are based on a book/movie/tv show/band e.g. Twilight, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, One Direction etc.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Please remember to read all the rules stickied at the top of the board before participating in any roleplays.

Search for a Lost Fantasy(semi-literate+)

Postby Noel » Sat May 12, 2012 1:54 pm

It's 3014.
Nearly every country has closed it's borders, every piece of life is strictly controlled. Everything has rules; the people are assigned a place to live, a job, sometimes even who to marry. However, that's them. You are one of the free.
You are a sky-pirate. A child, probably. You couldn't take the life laid out for you; No matter the reason, the Sky-Pirates are always accepting of new recruits. They are the only free ones. They keep their ships running, rarely setting foot on the ground. Some are large, like a cruise ship that sails through the skies rather then the seas, some are small little planes that one or two can keep running. They buzz through the air like flies, but few understand what keeps them going.

They raid. They raid the citizen's establishments, treasuries, any place that might have treasure, each others ships. They fight with swords and that semi-useful guns of the age. They train, they get better, they keep their ships flying.
Sometimes, the groups of sky-pirates go so far as to declare war on one another, and aiming to hit the other into submission.

That is what is going on now. The two largest of Sky-Pirate groups, each owning several large ships and an arsenal of smaller ones, have an argument that has been yet to be settled. The new treasure, refereed to as 'The Lost Fantasy' or just LF, was previously just a rumor. LF is supposed to be a utterly entrancing hidden room of glittering jewels, worth a fortune and spoken of in legends, their beauty unmatched. It was just a bed-time story for Sky-Pirates, until one lone thief, a boy by name of Aiken, claimed to have found it. Unfortunately where he chose to hide while waiting for offers wasn't safe enough, and both groups found him simultaneously. Trying to flee from his pursuers, Aiken slipped on the edge of a roof and fell to his death. The information was lost, if he ever had it, but in his bag and scattered throughout his room: a dozen of flawless, colored jewels.

Both groups immediately tried to claim the jewels, and both left thinking they got a bad deal. However, information, both real and fake, about LF became growing more plentiful. Within a month, both groups were fighting for every scarp of info. Withing two, they were at war to try to force the other to step down and stay out of the way on their quest.

LF isn't a top priority anymore as raids from the other group grow more common, but defense and revenge have grown to be always important. Those above you in command, they tell stories about the horrors of the other group and how they must be crushed. And during this war of sky-pirates above the city, LF is not completely forgotten either...
Last edited by Noel on Sun May 13, 2012 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Noel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Search for a Lost Fantasy(semi-literate+)

Postby Noel » Sat May 12, 2012 1:59 pm

About the Groups

There are two main ones: Cloud and Crisis.

Crisis: Don't ask where the name came from, they don't know, and are generally just called 'C-pirates' by the others. Crisis fighters have a reputation for being brutish and violent, who swing their swords without hesitation. There are some strategic minds among their numbers, but usually fighting comes before thinking. Their numbers are mostly boys, and they are a slightly larger group then the Clouds. They do not take in the weak without good reason.

Clouds: Yes, the big white things in the sky. Even they have no idea where the name came form. The pirates are refereed to as "Clouds". These are a more intelligent group some think, true they see less action but with it less danger. Mind you they still fight, but the various arts are thought about a bit more. There are more girls among them then with the Crisis pirates. They have a reputation for being a bit weaker, but weakness doesn't matter as much if they have the enemy in a trap, eh? They do not take in the dumb without good reason.

For the time being, these are the only two groups. I might make smaller ones later.

Rules
No one likes 'em, but we need 'em.

1. This is semi-literate+. I want at least one ten-line paragraph.
2. No more then two character apiece without PMing me first.
3. I want no, and I mean no mary-sues here.
4. There will be fights; it's alright to say 'Bob slashed his arm with a sword' occasionally, rather then just 'Bob aimed to slash his arm'. Yes, it's technically slight powerplaying, but like the latter way fights would never end. Only small wounds though like this, otherwise you must just aim the blow, not have it hit.
5. On swearing: I expect maturity. Follow CS rules of course, but I don't want any freak-outs if I say 'crap'.
6. OCs only.
7. Anime and real pictures are both fine.
Last edited by Noel on Sun May 13, 2012 2:31 am, edited 6 times in total.
Noel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Noel » Sat May 12, 2012 2:04 pm

Code: Select all
 [b]Username:[/b]
    [img]Picture here. Anime or real is fine. Not required.[/img]
    [b]Name:[/b]
    [b]Nickname:[/b]
    [b]Age:[/b]
    [b]Gender:[/b]
    [b]Group?(Cloud or Crisis, info above):[/b]

[b]Description:[/b]
    [b]Height:[/b]
    [b]Weight:[/b]
    [b]Position?(flier, fighter, mechanic, etc):[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b]
    [b]History?(I understand writing out full histories leaves no room for big reveals. Just a few lines is fine.):[/b]
    [b]Skills:[/b]
    [b]Crush?(Fill out later if not applicable):[/b]

Characters

Crisis:

Captain: -to be selected by me at a later date-
Co-Captain: Skye Briht
Mechanics: Alexandria Storm, Francesco Moretti(training). No more!
Fliers: Sara Gael
----
Fighters:
Michelle Raine Traub
----
----

Navigator: Tor
Others: Ren Kizuma(training pilot)

Clouds:

Captain: -to be selected by me at a later date-
Co-Captain: -You must PM me first if you want this position. It's for the best of RPers-
Mechanics: Male reserved, Quiana Smith. No more!
Fliers:
Flinn Lewis Blue
----
Fighters: Melody Karisu, Sokyo (No more girls here please)
Others(medics, navigator, strategists, etc): Amaya(Medic) Maximilian Gael(strategist)

My Characters

Username: Riliane & Allen
Name: Skye Aeron Briht
Nickname: Sky-Sky, Aeron
Group?: Crisis

Description: Skye, much to his horror, is mistaken for a girl with irritating frequency. One would think that by seventeen Skye would look more like a boy, and they would be wrong. His voice still hasn't deepened, and is at that point where it could belong to a female or a male. He's tall for someone who was once a street-child suffering from bad malnutrition, and still is slim despite several years to build up the weight he didn't used to have. Skye though has a layer of muscle on him that generally can't be seen under then slightly-loose clothes he wears, and it's not be underestimated. Skye can hit very hard indeed, and he stands with his weight on his feet, ready to move at any moment. There are a great many scars on him, although his face emerged mostly unscathed through the years. He has a particularly long one stretching across his chest from shoulder to hip, and the back of his neck and down a few inches is one large burn-mark. Skye's hair usually hides this though; despite being frequently called a girl, he wears his light-brown hair tied back into a ponytail that extended to the base of his neck. His skin is a shade darker then his hair, making him stand out among the usually dark-haired population. Skye doesn't give a damn about any of that though, and thus refuses to cut his hair. He likes using some jeweled-clasp he stole to tie it back, but that jewel in his hair as other uses as well: it hurts a lot to get his across the face with. Do not say anything about his girlish appearance though, or he will find a way to hurt you, greatly.
Height: 5'7
Weight: 110
Position?: Co-Captain

Personality:Skye is an interesting boy indeed. To put it simply; he's ambitious, and can't bear to lose. That actually has caused his entire personality to form around those two traits. From the days when he was running around on the streets without parents or friends, newly freed from prison or being chased by an angry shopkeeper with a gun, Skye always thought that he had to win, that if he didn't his life would be over almost. For that reason, he toils for hours practicing swordplay, stealth, and any other trait he might need in his life as a thief. Whatever he has he wants something better, making it so that he's never content and always reaching for the stars. Some say he's crazy, and promptly Skye will attack them. If he's practicing fighting with someone and they beat him, Skye will become obsessed and train continuously until he can beat them or they utterly pound him into the ground. When he hears of a new treasure, Skye is already off to go searching. When he is dared to do something, he does it. Skye is not a person to underestimate.
However, behind his overly-competitive nature, Skye does have a soft side. Assuming it won't prevent him from winning something, Skye is the type to stop and help a child who tripped. Having once been one, Skye does his best to help street-children. He rarely cares much about the things he goes searching for after he finds them; a treasure is only beautiful before it's found in his mind. He has a reputation among the street-children for giving them little trinkets that turn out to be worth a hefty bit, that helps keep them alive. He's very protective of friends as well, and is the sort to take a bullet instead of them without thinking.
It's a busy life, caring for children and friends while following his latest dream, all while keeping up a reputation of being one of the best Crisis fighters. Skye is never seen still. But it's a life he enjoys and does not intend to fall behind in.
History?: Skye had never been able to take the controlled life of a citizen: by the time he would have been in eighth grade he had been in prison twice. A kleptomaniac, he could never leave the pretty trinkets that he saw. However, when the Crisis pirates raided the prison to get one of their members back, Skye found hold of a sword when his cell was accidentally destroyed and fought off several guards, earning their acceptance. So the pirates returned to their airships with two people instead of the one they came from. Since then, Skye's reputation has soared as a very impressive fighter, and a talent for flying the small one-person ships they have several of. You don't become Co-Captain without skill, after all.
Skills: Swordplay and hand-to-hand combat are his greatest strengths, though he can fly one-person planes fairly well.
Crush?: Nope.

Name: Ren Kizuma
Nickname: Ren.

Description: Ren is small and slim, without much heft to him. Among the Crisis pirates, he is just about the smallest and weakest. He's never weighed much, and hasn't had a growth spurt to give him a few extra inches yet. His face is childish and small, mostly unscarred and cute. With large eyes and small features, it's hard to believe he could hurt a fly. His legs are long, for one of his height anyways, so he can run fairly fast. He's missing a finger and two toes from a particularly cold winter and his hands have scars from frostbite from that winter as well. He wears gloves almost to cover that, along with his almost signature small scarf to hide his neck. He has two sets of thin, crossed scars there from a run in with a gang when he was younger, and that was their way of giving a warning.
Despite those injuries though, Ren's hands are always moving, whether tapping a table, throwing a stone, slapping someone, etc. His shaky form never stands still, always running around to do something, no matter how unimportant. He's never clean; the minute he's found water to take a bath, Ren finds dirt to fall face-first into. His fluffy red hair is always a mess, looking as if several animals built their home in it. He frequently tries to flatten it down, to no avail. All in all, Ren looks like a young, almost cute child that's been through a lot. Which, in a way, he is.
Height: 4'10
Weight: 85
Position?: He's training to be a pilot, and getting good at it. That, and a medic of sorts.

Personality: Ren isn't your average Crisis pirate. Most people aren't even sure why he's there. Ren doesn't like to fight, and is far from an overachiever. He highly prefers to be on the sidelines and tend to the wounded then in the actual fighting. He doesn't have many goals other then staying alive, but if he has to fight to achieve that then so be it. Ren is a quiet but hyperactive boy. He shrinks away from conversation when he can, but he's always got some new idea to try out. His favorite place is the experimenting rooms aboard the main Crisis ship, where older and smarter members spend their days making models of potential ships and gadgets. Ren hasn't made anything great yet although he contributed to a fine-tuned gun for smaller hands, but one day, who knows.
He's friendly enough around people he knows, and the quiet, musical sound of his laugh can be heard. He's smile and talk, albeit not much, and usually Ren doesn't have anger or depression fits. With strangers, Ren has an irritating habit of shrinking behind other Crisis pirates, doing his best to not have to interact with them in any way. With enemies though, Ren's attitude changes drastically. If he knows they could smash him into the ground, Ren runs without hesitation. He sees nothing wrong with fleeing to save his own skin. However, if he think he could stand against them, Ren becoming indescribably vicious, doing anything to hurt them. That's probably the only reason Crisis puts up with him.
History?: Ren was abandoned very violently at a young age; his parents threw him out a window then locked all the doors and waited for him to go away. Six at the time, Ren stumbled through the streets, living off begging and crumbs. Soon he began to steal to survive, but it was no easy life, a child with no identity and sick with hunger.
Finally, Ren passed out from dehydration in the middle of nowhere, but by sheer luck it was by where a Crisis Pirate, Skye, had stashed his things. When Skye returned, it wasn't like he would leave the half-dead boy there to die. When Ren regained conciousness, he was aboard a Crisis airship. After much begging and sympathy from Skye, he found a place among them to stay.
Skills: Flying, and he has a knack for shooting a gun.
Crush?: N/A

Name: Melody Karisu
Nickname: Mel
Group?: Cloud

Description:Mel does not look to be that strong of a girl, but even from afar she does not seem weak. The amount muscle that can be seen on her slim frame betrays the truth; she can hit very, very hard. Her built is elongated; Mel has long legs and arms, slim and tall for a girl. This had been very helpful through the years, and even though she is a girl do not think that a male would have a natural advantage. It's very clear that Mel has been fighting from a young age; she has scars that are nearly invisible and yet long and deep, suggesting that she got them while young when one's body can heal better, and many newer ones. She never stands with any of her limbs limp, she's always tensed, ready to move at the slightest motion from someone else. Her hair is cut short, but her sole care about her appearance is that she leaves it at nearly shoulder length, longer then most of the other hunters. However, it does not get in her face as she usually finds a way to keep it back, and it makes some idiotic Crisis pirate think her weaker then she is. Big mistake on their part. She can beat most senseless.
There are, to those who now how to read people better, clear signs that Mel is no weakling. Her hands are a patchwork of ripped and healed skin, that of someone who wields sharp things frequently, falls onto jagged stones, uses an ax, etc. While, like most, her face is relatively free of scars(if one is dumb enough to get themselves into a position where their face gets hurt, they're probably going to die, so the smart ones rarely have scars there) despite that the rest of her isn't. Her eyes bounce from one thing to another, as if to watch everything at once. Her clothing is covering but loose, as not to hinder movement. And there are a great number more of things that show Mel is to be feared.

Height: 5'6
Weight: 105 pounds
Position?: Fighter, although she does mechanics duties occasionally.

Personality:If you trust Mel, you must be an idiot. Even years ago, every word that came from her could not be trusted. She sticks to her ideals no matter what, without fail. Mel had been a sky-pirate since she was perhaps as young as twelve, and a good one at that. No one knows where her hatred for a common life came from, nor her strength to become a pirate despite the hindrances of being a girl and sickly. But, within a year after abandoning her civilian life, she had joined with Cloud, and is slowly earning herself quite the reputation.
Mel has no clear goals in life, other then to just toss aside the doubts of those who thought that a girl could not be a good fighter. That's it. Anything that interferes with what she wants is promptly removed.
Mel actually does have a soft side, but only for those she considers worthy. She will help a fallen child, but the drunk who caused the accident? Mel leaves them for dead. When it comes to people older then fifteen, there aren't many she'll stop to help, but Mel does do her best to help those she can. And when she sees someone in 'unnecessary' pain she will go out of her way to help them, assuming that won't hurt her or someone else. While she will not help them, she does feel sympathy for those that are hurt during the current war.
With her friends, Mel is smiling, sarcastic, and usually fairly happy girl. She'll joke around and push and shove, stubborn but easily entertained. If someone sets up a competition, Mel will be determined to win it at all costs. But usually she's a nice enough girl, even if oddly lacking in sympathy.
With her enemies, Mel has no mercy, and will slash down anyone who tries to stop her, and that's the end of that.
History?: Mel had a shockingly ordinary life up to her fourteenth year. Mel lived with her two parents and older brother, and, showing potential, had a career ahead of her in Biology. But she hated it. She wanted to go be free to do what she wished. When the Cloud pirates came around looking for recruits, Mel was among the first to show up. After much arguing and a fight against two of their members to prove herself, Mel was flying away from her hated life, aboard an airship. Since then, Mel has striven to be better then as many others as she can.
Skills: Fighting, usually with swords.
Crush?: N/A
Last edited by Noel on Tue May 15, 2012 8:33 am, edited 14 times in total.
Noel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 33Kitty » Sun May 13, 2012 2:12 am

{excuse the WIP}
Username: 33Kitty
Name: Amaya
Nickname(s): May, Aya
Group?(Cloud or Crisis, info above): Cloud

Description: Amaya is small, slight, and rather lithe, like many of her age. While she can hold her own weight up well enough when, say, she is hanging off something or another, Aya isn't very strong. Her pale amber eyes, flecked with tiny bits of gold and hazel, are faintly catlike and somehow always manage to appear innocent because of their wide, almond shape. In contrast with her slightly tanned, freckled skin, her hair is dark, straight, and fine, reaching to the bottom of her shoulder-blades, where, if her clothing showed her back, you might notice several long, slashing scars.

Aya prefers to wear loose knee-length dresses when on the ships, but always with shorts underneath, as flying high above most people isn't a good place to be without such. While on 'deck', she usually goes barefoot, though she does own one pair of shoes made from soft, worn leather. On special occasions, she ties her hair back loosely with a scrap of ribbon she found a year or so ago.

Height: 1.3 meters
Weight: 32 kilograms

Position?: She'd like to be training as a medic, though she will be content with most anything, as long as she doesn't fail too much at it. I wouldn't say that she is very suited as a fighter, for example.

Personality: Amaya is very friendly and surprisingly loyal to her closest friends. She is playful, naïve and childish, but only around those she trusts, often acting beneath her age. However, she is equally often shy and stubborn to annoying degrees, especially with strangers.
She has yet to learn that not everyone is kind deep down, (Well, actually, she knows that the Crisis pirates aren't, but then again, doesn't every Cloud pirate?) and she tries her best to have people like her, though her reserved disposition like to make that hard for her. This makes her easy to take advantage of, easy to emotionally injure, and easy to write off as weak.
When somebody betrays her trust, Aya becomes a fierce little ball of wounded hatred, alternating childish silent treatments with long, hurt, sad-eyed stares. Unless the other apologies, she rarely will take it upon herself to forgive them. Even if they do, she will no longer act carefree around them, though she will forgive them.
Amaya is oddly good at manipulating others, even eerily so. Thankfully, her inherent kindness usually keeps her from those tendencies.

History: At the age of eight, Amaya left her hometown with a raiding fleet of Cloud pirates. Of course, she didn't do it on her own. Her mother, a timid, quite useless woman, disobeyed her husband for what probably was the first time in her life, giving Amaya a basket of food and telling her to run. She was taken on, and even if they intended just for her to be used for free labor, she found that she liked the other pirates. Since then, she has gotten used to the pirate life, and thinks the humans bound to land aren't nearly as interesting. ((Hey, if anyone wants to have a relative of Aya's, I'd be happy to include such, for what sane woman would tell her child to join a bunch of pirates if she didn't know any of them?))
Skills: Amaya's most used "skill" is her uncanny aptitude for knowing just how to calm others down and bring a smile to their faces. Unfortunately, this "skill" of hers also allows her to manipulate others well. Aya is relatively quick-to-learn, so she has also picked up a few fairly trivial skills, and she has become good at climbing. She wants to learn how to fight with a dagger, as it is one of the only weapons suited to her, but she is secretly afraid of cutting herself or somebody else by accident.
Crush?: N/A, and she's a bit young, don't you think? XD
We're both aboard on an airship as it flies
And it's chasing for a star hiding from our eyes
And before all our feelings will subside
Let's escape past the air, the atmosphere

My eyes they looked into the night sky a bit too much
And then found light it turned into a painful touch
If this world will keep on spinning in the time ahead
You should go and find a reason to live on instead
Saying bye this afternoon is really too soon
a shadowed prologue
-- grey queen's rose

the assassin's guild
-- black king's pawn

a shadowed prologue
-- grey queen's knight
-------------------------

never fading, amaranth
33Kitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Artesian » Sun May 13, 2012 4:02 am

Username: Artesian

Name: Quiana (no given last name, pronounced Key-ah-na, meaning 'star' or 'queen' in Farsi.) When in town or required to give a name, she'll give you a blank stare and say, "Quiana Smith."

Nickname: Ki-ki.

Group?: Cloud

Description:Quiana is a mix of races, but whatever melting pot produced her left her with smooth black hair, lovely dark tan skin, deep brown eyes, and a strong build. She is far, far stronger than she looks, and promises to become still stronger as she grows. She's not what you'd call beautiful, exactly. Just pretty, tough, and above all, alive. She almost never stops moving, and when she does, it's because she's sound asleep. She's about four feet, eleven inches tall and big for her age. She wears more than a hundred and twenty pounds, and it's almost all muscle. She has calluses everywhere, even where you wouldn't think it was possible to get calluses, like her elbows. Her shoulder. Her big toe. (It's 'cause I've been working since I was four! When you're little, you've got to think of all sorts of ways to push on levers and hold onto tools.) She's got an accent, a sort of lazy drawl that creeps in whenever she's sure that people aren't listening to her.

She wears jewelry (but nothing that dangles, for safety reasons) and has an enormous collection of earrings, choker necklaces and arm bands.(Most of them are, frankly, junk. Gilt covered plastic and glass gems.) She has a tiara/comb stolen from the-gods-know-where that she usually pins her hair up with while working. Other than that, she wears whatever the other girls (or boys, she's not picky about clothing) grow out of or get rid of. As long as it's hard wearing, she doesn't care what it looks like. Her choice of clothing can be eccentric at times: boy's pants that are too big for her and one of Amaya's old summer-dresses that was first stained by tomato sauce, and then by engine grease. She has never worn makeup in her life, and never plans to.

Height:She's about four feet, eleven inches tall and big for her age.

Weight: She wears more than a hundred and twenty pounds, and it's almost all muscle.

Position?: Mechanic, cook. Can fight, if necessary.

Personality:Quiana is competent and busy. She hates having nothing to do, and will actually make jobs for herself if there's nothing she has to do. (Of course the engine needed it's oil replaced! Don't you know anything? Well, yes, I did it last week, but it couldn't hurt, could it?) She cooks, she fixes anything on the ship that's broken (Of course I can fix your doll, sweetie! As soon as I'm done with the taunting signal flares for tonight, okay?).

She's cheerful, enthusiastic, and always ready for adventure. Curiously enough, after spending nearly half her life on the ship, she still thinks that adventure exists, and somewhere, out there, is an adventure that's fun, not dangerous, exciting, and doesn't involve any rain or crashes. She's simply fanatical about keeping the ship in perfect order, and has been known to abseiling off the sleeping ship in the dead of night to steal parts from a workshop down in the town below. She's kind, the sort to bake someone who's depressed a whole plate of cookies just for them. (And then I'd help them eat 'em, while, ya' know, chattin'.)

Her only real nasty point is her protectiveness, and dislike of laziness. She just doesn't understand how anyone could ever want to take a break and do nothing productive. It's just weird. She's also not much of a one for book learning (How do ya' know if it's true if ya' nevah tried it?). She loves maps, diagrams and talking with smart, experienced people. Her other nasty point is her over-protectiveness. If you want to make her very, very angry, go ahead and shoot flaming arrows at the sails of her ship (Not the cap'ain's, mind. My ship.) She's got them rigged with water-sprayers anyway, but if you want a wrench hitting the side of your head, just try to come on board after you've done that. (Grr.)

History?: Quiana was born in a factory town. Unlike some of the towns on the surface, this town was entirely focused towards industry and production. While in other towns people are assigned jobs in Biology, Accounting, Mechanics, or Politics, everyone in her town was rubber-stamped with Industry on their birth certificate. (Signed in tripli-cate wih' the stamps of th' town, they were.) She's been working ever since she was four at a conveyor line, and was talented enough with machines to graduate from inspecting bobbins to inspecting the steam engines that drove the place after a couple of years. A child prodigy? You could say that.

Then, one day, close to her eighth birthday, the town was raided. The Cloud ship that swept down on the city was not in good shape. They kidnapped a mechanic and stole all the parts they could grab, but the mechanic... well, let's say he wasn't very cooperative, and before they could persuade him to fix the ship, the airship crashed (not too badly), killing him in the process. Happily, Ki-ki had stowed away on board with the hope of joining the pirates and escaping the slavery of the assembly line, and was able to get the ship airworthy again. To this day, she considers this ship her ship, no matter what anyone else could say.

Skills:Ki-ki is an excellent mechanic. She's got a talent for making things work, even if they're this close to collapsing into a pile of rusting shards, canvas sails and air-tanks. She's kludged together a spring loaded crossbow which she swears is far superior to any other weapon in existence. She strong for her size, and a nasty, berserk-type fighter when the ship is threatened (she can do mean things with a wrench). She loves this ship, it's a real home to here in every way. She's also an excellent cook. She jokes, 'I keep the ship and the crew fueled up and running properly'. Her mountain blackberry pie is to die for. Incidentally, she also has rudimentary knowledge of poisons, although she'd hesitate to use them on anyone.

Crush?: Too young and too oblivious.

Username: Artesian

Name: None known.

Nickname: Called Navigator by the crew, if they're feeling formal. Tor is more common.

Group?(Cloud or Crisis, info above): Crisis

Description:Tor doesn't speak. At all. He can't even scream, as has been found out when a brawl occurred on the ship. No one is sure if this is a physical thing or something mental. He can write, in a firm, perfect hand that's more like typing than handwriting, and communicates by way of these notes sometimes (rarely), and simple gestures most of the time. He has an expressive face, and seems (?) to be incapable of lying with his expressions. At least, as far as anyone knows.

He has short dark brown hair which he keeps trimmed away from his face meticulously, hazel eyes that change according the light (and sometimes because of his emotions, fury, for instance, turns them dark brown), and freckles that probably are a result of far too much sun out on the deck. He's amazingly agile, having an unnerving habit of swinging on the ropes for the sails and shimmying up the masts on a whim. Long, lanky and kinda skinny, Tor seems like he'd blow away in a stiff breeze, but in a fight he's agile enough to avoid getting hit and trip you up and off the ship, and up here, off is a long way down. Clothes? He wears the same clothes over. And over. And over again. Two years ago, the ship raided a textile factory with a lot of quality gray cotton shirts and black pants. He carried almost more than his weight back to the ship, enough, the crew laughed, to last him a life-time. He's worn them ever since, plus a thick fur lined jacket, goggles, grippy boots, a notebook and pen in his pocket, and a whistle tied to a leather thong around his neck (for emergencies, in order to call for help. Skye gave it to him a year ago.)

Height: 6 foot exactly.

Weight: 145 pounds.

Position?(flier, fighter, mechanic, etc):Navigator. He's a Crisis, so he can be a fighter in a pinch.

Personality: Being incapable of speaking has shaped his personality in many ways. Tor is unable to tell lies with his face. He dislikes being ignored, and has learned all sorts of irritating acrobatics to get attention. (Drop off the ship with a rope, swing completely underneath it and hop up on the other side? Check. Gods, that's annoying.) He's an excellent listener, and tends to give good advice, though rarely in writing. Just smiles, nudges, gestures and head-nods are enough to get his point across. He feeds the birds that sometimes travel along with the ship, much to the others annoyance at times.

He's generally hard to understand, if he's not actively trying to be understood. He'll lie in the middle of the deck, with his eyes unfocused, watching the clouds and listening to the wind, for hours on end. Then, all of a sudden, he's on his feet, up the ladder, shimmying up the mast, and, clinging on with his knees, through his hands into the air in a soundless cry of joy. He's odd. Other times, he'll be shut up in his cabin during a raid, his eyes closed and his hands over his ears while the pirates raid the town. Next time, he's brandishing a sword and swinging down with the best of them. He's unpredictable, mainly because no one knows what he's thinking.

He loves company, (especially Alex's, who he calls Stormy - in writing, of course) (if that's okay, Angel Joyeuse) most of the time, but will either ignore you or listen so attentively you feel like your words are falling into a deep pit that will never be filled, but stored away and filed forever. Some days, he'll tie himself up underneath the ship, close his eyes, and just hang there, out in space. If asked why, he'll shrug, and maybe, if you're lucky, take out his pad of paper and write, "It's freedom."

History?: Tor was brought on board as a five year old, and has spent more than half his life on the ship. He climbed onto the ship during a raid and made his way to the Captain's cabin, where he wordlessly held out his hands. They contained an extremely valuable golden goblet and a note in an adult's handwriting. It read, 'I am a thief. I want to be a pirate. I am a very good thief. Can I stay?' The Captain, impressed by the apparent street-urchin's prowess at stealing such a valuable object allowed him to stay, although the crew was nonplussed to discover that he couldn't talk, and wouldn't tell him his name. A fellow pirate (who's since left the ship for a captaincy of her own) taught him to read, and Tor soon (ie, at age eight) learned to read maps and became an excellent navigator by the age of twelve. After two years as second-navigator (backup, really), the main navigator for the ship was killed in a battle (thrown off the ship when it hit an air pocket). Tor took her place, and has been an excellent navigator ever since.

Skills: Tor was born to be a navigator, or that's how it seems. He's memorized most of the maps of the countries below them, and can be seen staring through a bottom facing porthole, the wind whistling around him, goggles over his eyes, at the cities beneath them. He has a near photographic memory of landscapes, and sketches over the existing maps with new details, constantly updating them. He can paint people too, and places and anything you'd like, and has covered the walls around his bunk with paintings of the sky and clouds. He completely understands the complex, swirling thin paper charts which overlay the maps, showing the general behavior of the winds in different places in the skies. He can be seen up at the highest point of the mast, staring at the birds and clouds, trying to understand the ceaseless change of the winds. He has incredible eyesight, hearing, and balance. He does not fall off of things. Except when he pretends to to get attention.

Crush?(Fill out later if not applicable): None at the moment. Not that you'd ever know. o.O
Last edited by Artesian on Tue May 15, 2012 4:05 pm, edited 5 times in total.
INSANELY BUSY!
I am moving! For the next month or so, I am going to be so very busy.
If I'm on here, it's because I'm unwinding with writing or pets or whatever.
Please do not add to my stress, if you can. Your support is appreciated.

ImageImageImageImageImage

R T E S I A N. . .__________________________________________________
      Cʀɪᴛɪǫᴜᴇ:---- Here (CS)-------------- ❝ Stories may well be lies, but they
      Wʀɪᴛɪɴɢ: ----Here (AS) ----------------are good lies that say true things. ❞
      Cʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀs: -Here (AS)---------------- -----------------------― Neil Gaiman
ImageImageImage
Artesian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby my Lalia » Sun May 13, 2012 7:43 am

(reserving male and female spot, will post forums soon :) )
I'm a WL Bomber .... People Bombed: 20 Me Being Bombed: 11[/center]
my Lalia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Noel » Sun May 13, 2012 8:25 am

((Reserving male and female slots is pointless unless you tell me exactly what slot you want. Ex: Navigator for the CLoud group, etc. Male and female doesn't matter unless I end up with twenty girls and two boys or something. XP))
Periodically Existing | Trades | semi-almost-active
I am a super late to the holibomb party. Turns out keeping track is hard too- thank you all so much!
I have gifted some people!
I have received some gifts!
Noel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Placebo Effect » Sun May 13, 2012 9:18 am

Username: AngelJoyeuse
Name: Alexandria Storm
Nickname: Al, Alex, Allie, Stormy

Description: She's got really bad posture, even though she is rather tall, she appears short because of all the slouching. She's also rather skinny, except it's usually hidden under thousands of layers of baggy clothes. Alexandria comes across as a bit of a rebel because of her appearence, her short blonde hair is generally spiked up into a faux-hawk, and dip dyed red. She has mismatched eyes, one dark green, one light hazel. She does need either glasses or contacts, due to shortsightedness, though she tends not to wear them much. Make-up is something this girl lives for, rimming her eyes with bright colors, and choosing electric neon lipsticks. The make up is also brilliant for covering up the scar down the left side of her face. She wants to stand out and is brilliant at doing just that.
Clothing is rather based on her job, she is normally always in dark colored combats with an interesting array of printed t-shirts. She currently has an obssession with leopard and zebra prints. Combat boots are a must, with multicolored laces. She stepped in some red paint a while ago, and the boots tend to leave red smears if she kicks something accidently (which she does often and doesn't realise it due to the boots being steel toe capped). She always wears a silver necklace, a simple chain with no charms on it.
Height: 6''0.
Weight: 149 pounds.
Position?: Mechanic, though due to clumsiness through her shortsightedness, she tends to cause a few problems.

Personality: Despite appearences, she's a rather calm and friendly person. She makes friends easily, and is rather easy to talk to (though she happens to do most of the talking). She's got a mouth that runs away with her, and tends to go off on a tangent. She's got a playful demanour, always wanting to be occupied and always messing about with something in her hands (something like bolts and cogs that really should be connected to something). She's not much of a thinker, true there are occasional good ideas and brilliant plans, but if your life rested on her ability to make one up, I wouldn't hold your breath, it isn't likely. Working under preasure is something she can handle, but not very well, and usually tends to cause problems when she does so.
The guise of the 'wanting to be noticed' is down to her lacking confidence in her past. Now however, she's no longer lacking in confidence and has bags of it. She is rather outspoken and makes sure that her opinion is know and her vote counts. She may be just a mechanic, but she likes to think she is the person holding the ship together, which is technically true but not in the way she means.
History?: Down there, that little country called France, that's were she originated from. She grew up in a small French village and has a habit of switching to her home language a few times. She was the outcast shy girl, and no one really paid any attention to her. She grew quieter and quieter and became the subject of many bullies. She couldn't handle it, and ran away soon after her fourteenth birthday. She didn't know where she was running to, and ended up freezing cold and lost, and absolutely terrified. She fell asleep and found herself on a ship almost filled with boys, and has been here ever since. Of course she loves it, what's not to like, freedom, interesting things to mess with, and loads of boys.
Skills: She's pretty good at fixing things, not just the ship, but anything. Just had a break up? Go see Alex. Just broke a mug? Go see Alex. She's also good at eating, and can eat quite a lot in huge quantities.
Crush?: -

granddad, even though
you are no longer with us
physically, you'll always be
in my heart. i miss you.

08 / 07 / 2013

my deviantart
save the arctic
Placebo Effect

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Noel » Sun May 13, 2012 9:30 am

((Accepted, and all requested reserved slots have been.... er.. .reserved? xD

I'll be gone for about twenty-four hours, please don't start RPing without me. ^^))
Periodically Existing | Trades | semi-almost-active
I am a super late to the holibomb party. Turns out keeping track is hard too- thank you all so much!
I have gifted some people!
I have received some gifts!
Noel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jules_ » Sun May 13, 2012 10:25 am

Username:
Sokyo
Name:
Reiko
Nickname:
Rei (what she prefers to go by)
Group:
Cloud

Description:
A short, lithe girl who will murder you if you comment on her height. She has fine, straight black hair that hangs to the small of her back. She usually pulls it up somehow for fighting to keep it out of her face. She has tanned skin, and a scar that extends from her collarbone up the side of her neck, ending at her jaw. She got this scar while playing with a knife when she was younger. She has weird golden eyes that used to be a light amber/brown when she was younger. As for clothing choices, she prefers a black tank top with a thin gray sweatshirt on top. She wears loose black pants that are gathered at the bottom, and worn black boots.
Height:
1.6 meters
Weight:
51.7 kilograms
Position:
Fighter
Personality:
A manipulative girl, she puts on fake characters and tries to gain others trust. After that, she uses them and throws them away when they are no longer of use to her. She is very insecure around others, which is why she puts on an act. In truthfulness, she is a temperamental, aggressive, young lady who has very little social skills. She covers up her shyness by acting indifferent, and will tell you that she doesn't care, but really does. Rei is angered very easily, and once she snaps there is really nothing you can do to calm her down. She does have a soft spot for her niece, Aya, though. Aya is about the only human being that she can actually stand to be around. However, though she may snap quite easily, she forgives very easily. It's not that she wants to forgive, it's mostly that she can't hold grudges. Underneath all of this, she is nothing but a shy, socially awkward girl who tries to hide that side of her.
History:
She was taught fighting at a young age by her father, who had always been urging her to join the pirates. During this time, she had an accident with a knife that cut from her jaw down to her collarbone. She healed quickly, with nothing but an ugly scar left from the incident. She still threw herself into learning everything her father taught her, oblivious to his dreams for her to become one of the pirates. One day when a raid from the Crisis was happening, her father lied to her, then tried to leave her with them. Scared, she ran from the pirates. A few years later, she decided to join the Clouds. Her reasons for this is unknown.
Skills:
She is handy with sharp objects, and has a very high IQ. She knows how to wield weapons, and how to fight. She is quite fit, and has an aptitude for coming up with wild plans for attack and such. Another skill, though not necessarily considered a good one, is she can put on a very convincing act, and can manipulate others and feel no regret about it.
Crush:
jules_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me