opreѕѕιoɴ | нαrry poттer rp | ѕeмι-lιт+ | lιмιтed

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which are based on a book/movie/tv show/band e.g. Twilight, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, One Direction etc.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Please remember to read all the rules stickied at the top of the board before participating in any roleplays.

opreѕѕιoɴ | нαrry poттer rp | ѕeмι-lιт+ | lιмιтed

Postby eden . » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:52 pm

asjdf;lkjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj
    ;afsdjlkjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj
    ;ajfsdlkkkkkkkkk

It's modern-day Hogwarts, and students have returned to the school in anticipation for a new year. Some students are in your seventh and final year, and are eager to step out into the world and make your mark.

Except the world might not be as friendly as you think.

Somewhere, somehow, Muggles became aware of you existence. They know wizards exist. Suddenly, the streets are filled with riots against the government, religious groups have come out demanding hunts and death, and it's just not safe anymore.

For anyone.

Fast forward five years. In five short years, the largest outbreak of Wizarding Magic has gotten out of hand, and Muggles either want to take it for themselves to do away with the freaks that could kill them at any moment. Funny, that's exactly what you think about them. The world is scrambling for explanations, people are clamoring for peace, and society is split in possibly the most horrific war in history. Friend against friend, brother against brother, and no one's really sure which side anyone's on anymore.

Or which side will come out on top.
eden .

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: opreѕѕιoɴ | нαrry poттer rp | ѕeмι-lιт+ | lιмιтed

Postby eden . » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:58 pm

==Image

-

With both the Muggle and Wizarding ministries in shambles, renegade parties are trying to seize control before the others. On the surface, people have convinced each other that peace has been made, and it's no longer a strange sight to see something floating of its own accord in broad daylight. On the whole, however, the underground layers of London are filling with Witches and Wizards forced into hiding by their own neighbors, and almost no one does magic anymore, even in the confidence of family. It's hard to really trust anyone, anymore.

Muggle extremists are also making themselves known, deciding that the government isn't doing enough for them and taking the problem into their own hands.

So what are you?

Are you a pacifist?
    Are you a soldier?
    Are you a preacher?
    Are you a fugitive?
    Who knows.

War tends to change people, after all.
eden .

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eden . » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:13 pm

1. all of tess' rules apply. I shouldn't need to regurgitate them, so when I say you have a warning because of tess' rules, then that's a legit thing, okay? if you need a refresher, the rules can be found here.
  2. two characters maximum per person, although I don't care what genders or groups they're in. just don't make more than two, k. if you're one of those OCD people that needs evenness of EVERYTHING, then do it yourself instead of whining to me or the other rpers. please. |:
  3. since I know some of you are already making forms because my ideas are just that hawt, it'd be easier for me to say to make your own forms. PLEASE NOTE that all these characters will be ADULTS. that means they must be at least 20 [yes, I do realize that wizarding adult age is 17, but I'm mod so I have powers so yeah]. there's no limit to how old they can be, but being 99 isn't recommended.
    in addition, please include:
    - name
    - wizard/muggle + opinions on the opposing class
    - brief physical description
    - personality [REQUIRED]
    - history is optional
    if you want a specialized wizard/witch [animagi, werewolf, metamorphmagus, etc.], then go ahead. any number can be special. just don't go all ridiculous crazy on me k.
  4. this is semi-literate or higher. by my definition, that's at least one or two good paragraphs per character, so if you can't handle that then ... well. I mean, really, I'm looking mostly for good grammar, spelling, etc., so if you type like crap then I'm not going to accept you. sorry /:
  5. don't make up like ridiculous wand materials or spells okay. even wizards have their limitations, so don't push it. like, really, who in the harry potter universe would have a core made of a vampire fang. like honestly.
  6. I am mod.
    that is all.
eden .

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eden . » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:25 pm

Image----------
Image----------

wιzαrdѕ
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________

animagi: 3

- an asian to the knee; erin jahrhaus // female // 24 // unemployed; in hiding // animagus [mockingbird]
      - nicolae; william "will" jahrhaus // male // 24 // treasurer // animagus [coyote]
      - reserved [cheerio.]; kianna greaves // female // TBD // TBD // animagus [TBD]
      - Leaf & Moose; Finny Alera // 22 or 23 // female // in hiding
      - Artesian; Wynn Ravenna Molines // female // 25 // in hiding // Research Witch
      - reserved [akitcougar]; TBD // TBD // TBD // TBD

мυɢɢleѕ
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________

werewolf: 1

- nicolae; nicolae demorgan // male // 25 // bartender + performer // werewolf
      - artesian; cameron jones // male // 29 // weapons engineer
      - an asian to the knee; norah warsaw // female // 25 // government researcher on "magic"
      - keriae; antonine frosst // male // 22 // assassin
      - leviathan007; winter // female // 28 // bounty hunter
      - open; TBD // TBD // TBD // TBD
Last edited by eden . on Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:58 am, edited 14 times in total.
eden .

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eden . » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:34 pm

half blood -- a witch or wizard with one side of the family being magical and the other side being muggle or non magical.

mudblood -- a derogatory term used to address muggleborns with contempt for their "dirty" lineage. see muggleborn

muggle -- basically your regular human. someone that doesn't have any magical powers at all. also has muggle parents and lineage.

muggleborn -- a witch or wizard born to completely muggle parents and lines. see mudblood

pureblood -- a term used by a small group of wizards to describe their pride in being a completely magical line. there is no muggle blood in their family, and more often than not, all pureblood witches and wizards are related some way or another

squib -- someone born to magical parents but doesn't have magical powers of their own.
Last edited by eden . on Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eden .

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eden . » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:36 pm

almost done, guys c: -- 10/5/12
eden .

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eden . » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:36 pm

an asian to the knee on october 8th, 2012 wrote:
THE PLAIN DEALER

October 8th, 2017--Despite the new laws and restrictions made on
the movement of the "Wizarding" population in the United Kingdom,
one of the most troubling areas of rampant "magic" in the world,
there are many terrorists and extremist groups still at large. The
Prime Minister has made many assurances to the public that the
turmoil will come to rest, recently making many statements a week
ago that many agree are nothing but hollow, hopelessly optimistic lies.
"I promise you," he announced with conviction this past Thursday,
"that we will soon be as safe, warm, and happy as we were ten years
ago, before this plague came upon us. We will be in homes with our
children, knowing that there is nothing out there to harm them. We
will go to work without fear that we may not get to see our wives and
husbands and parents at the end of the day. No human being should
ever feel this way. A leader--someone willing to make the hard choices--
is what you need, and that is why I am your Minister. That is why I stand
before you. That is why you voted for me, and I will not let you down!"
The crowd erupted into jubilant applause, but the excitement did not last
long. Within weeks of his announcement, the Prime Minister failed to
hold up to any of the real, concrete plans he had presented. Rumors flew
around, debating if the Minister was really trying to round up the
"Wizarding" population or if he was one of their kind, himself.
Nonetheless, it's no question that, while the initial punches
of the war have ceased, there are still roiling tensions
throughout Europe over the situation of "wizards". The rest
of the world, on the other hand, seem to be dealing with this
new development in their own ways. Many countries have put
these new sources of energy to work from dawn to dusk,
while still other have fallen under the rule of "wizards". What
seems to be the tipping point, however, is what side will
come out on top in the United Kingdom, where the alleged
"The Dark Lord Voldemort" had originated, responsible for
hundreds of human and "wizard" deaths, alike. It seems
logical, therefore, that the United Kingdom is most used to
attacking threats of "magical" nature, although only time will
tell. As of late, there has been word of a new "task force" as
an underground British government movement to further
understand "magic" and its properties, and if it can be
harnessed by anyone and, if not, why the "wizards" are
selected.
And of course, theories of evolution are still erupting through
the worldwide web. Religious groups are scrambling to begin
their "witch hunts". The world anxiously watches the Prime
Minister for what empty speech he will give, next. ∎
-- Darla Pewitt
Last edited by eden . on Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
eden .

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eden . » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:37 pm

like seriously
    you can't be too careful.
eden .

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

------

--------------------
----------------
----------------
----------------

asdjfaslkdjf
asldkfjas;lkdfj
oн, ѕo yoυ wαɴт мy
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________
-
    ɴαмe?
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________

ɴαмe Erin Jahrhaus
          Pronounced "Air-in Yar-house" [in the roughest sense], Erin's name is ethnically German, and she's actually the first person in the family to have a semblance of a feminine name. She neither hates nor loves her name. Erin feels like 'Erin' is kind of an easy sort of name to escape into, but she thinks that, considering she's the first girl of the family, she should cut her dad some slack. Kind of.
          αɢe twenty four [24]
          Erin is the youngest in the household, even if you include Will. He's literally a minute older than she is, but older is older. However, she's never been treated as the baby of the family. In fact, almost immediately Erin was almost crushed by her family's expectations of her -- or rather, her father's expectations. Her entire birth was quite amusing to her, albeit somewhat poetically ironic. Her brother was born at one minute to midnight -- that is, 11:59 PM -- on March thirty first. Her family, not knowing they had twins, didn't expect Erin to come along a few minutes later on April first.
          April Fool's, guys. It was twins
          And it was a girl

ɢeɴder female
          Well, it is how it is.
          вlood ѕтαтυѕ pureblood
          Just because she's pureblood doesn't mean that Erin's a total jerk about it. In fact, she typically doesn't advertise the fact to her peers because she feels like they'll look at her differently if she does.
          нoυѕe Gryffindor
          Erin was part of Gryffindor when she attended Hogwarts, but she felt like she really belonged in Slytherin. She wasn't really noble or of golden heart, but then again, she's not exactly overly cunning. Will is the more cunning one. She usually just goes along for the ride. But it is how it is. Erin was part of Gryffindor house.
          αвιlιтιeѕ animagus
          Admittedly, Will was the first one to figure out how to transform. Erin was never sharp enough to figure it out on her own--or perhaps she is. She's probably just too lazy to do it herself. In any case, Erin is able to transform into a mockingbird. Fun fact: she picked it up faster than Will had, although Will worked on it longer than she ever did.
          ѕтαтυѕ in hiding
          While Will goes around in the Ministry trying to patch things up, Erin decided to play it safe and disappear rather than be caught by some Muggle extremist group. Currently, she's secluded in a little house that she's placed a charm on [with great difficulty] somewhat like Grimmauld Place. The only person that really has any inkling of where she is would be Will, but she hasn't really let him come in and out freely. She always has to let him in.
          Well, he works in the Ministry. He's probably followed everywhere like 24/7.

ιт'ѕ oɴly вecαυѕe oғ wιll тнαт ι'м dιѕѕαтιѕғιed wιтн мy
-
    looĸѕ

нeιɢнт five feet eight inches [5'8'']
          Erin is actually super tall for a girl, especially at her age, but coming from a monstrously tall German family she still feels like a midget. She's almost sadistically glad when she comes to Hogwarts only so she can tower over seventh years--or at least come eye to eye with them. However, next to her brother especially, Erin feels quite short, and she feels like what a first year might feel next to a seventh.
          weιɢнт one hundred forty one pounds [132 lbs]
          That's actual super underweight by almost ten pounds for her height. Erin's kinda not-so-thickly built, and it shows in the winter months when she bundles on two sweaters under her cloak under a scarf. Throw in some earmuffs and some mittins and maybe we're getting somewhere. She's not incredibly muscular either. Not that, you know, she's like a brittle stick, but if you lose to her in an arm wrestle then you should probably be concerned.
          ɢeɴerαl the girlier, less severe half
          Erin is considerably less severe looking than her father, although she does share many of his features [and ergo, Will's]. Her hair is quite dark, although she prefers to keep it rather tussled and messy, and she's cut it short and out of the way. Hopefully she still looks much like a woman even with very short hair, however. Her eyes are a blue-gray, not much of a piercing blue but blue nevertheless. Perhaps you might say they're a pair of pale eyes with a shot of blue in them?
          Physically, Erin is somewhat stickly, but she holds herself regally enough. Typically she's noticeable -- mostly because she's a lot more ostentatious than you might think, but there you go.

ι'м тнe oɴe wιтн тнe ғυɴ
-
    perѕoɴαlιтy

perѕoɴαlιтy ...expressive
          Erin, being Erin, never will give you a straight answer. Aloof, frustrating, and indifferent, Erin cares only about herself. She learned a long time ago how to take care of herself and that's good enough for her. She prefers to lead people on, joke around, and she almost never becomes serious except in the most dire of situations [that is, when someone might die]. To leave in the middle of a conversation because she's no longer interested in it is not unheard of. Literally, she'll get up and go while you're speaking because she doesn't want to stay anymore. Erin is very difficult to embarrass, and typically this gives way into infuriating confidence and sometimes even arrogance. However, upon running into her brother her arrogance tends to deflate, so she won't stay like that for a long period of time.
          While she is intelligent, the only things she really excels in is potions, arithmancy, and astrology [and herbology only because she has to, since she's so great at potions]. Everything else might be an "exceeds expectations", but for her family that's really not good enough. Often Erin will feel internally frustrated and almost desperate when she only gets an "E", but externally she tries to act like it's no big deal. It's mostly for Will's benefit, since she doesn't want to make him feel bad. He's smarter than she is. There's nothing to do about that, it's a fact. So she's not going to make him feel guilty about genetics.
          Indeed, perhaps the one person that she'll ever come through for is Will, who has gotten Erin out of too many tight spots that she'd care to admit. In reality she feels like she'll always have to owe him for something, even if he's her brother. Otherwise, Erin's not all too dependable, and if she doesn't ignore her responsibilities on purpose [or for as long as she can -- she's a procrastinator], then it's probably because she forgot. Erin is somewhat scatterbrained, sometimes mis-remembers some things ...
          Her short temper and impatience makes her volatile and hard to get along with, as she's quite prickly and quick to whip around and snap at you with her barbed tongue. Sarcasm is like an art to her, and she's naturally rude -- for whatever reason.
          Erin is fun to joke around with, play around, et cetera, et cetera. She somehow has managed to get people to hate her and still be charismatic at the same time. By whatever strange twist of fate, Erin's actually got quite a few pals, although she's not really devoted to them. Nevertheless, she's never against a good chat or conversation.
          She loves messing with people. Pranks, jokes, anything, and she's there. Erin also loves adventure, getting in trouble, the like. Rules and expectations never really sat well with her. It's probably just her acting out, since she's almost too afraid to go around being reckless when her father's around.
          While externally she's loud and annoying, inside Erin has deeply rooted uncertainties that she's trying to eradicate. Constant competition with all of her brothers and being the first girl of the family as well as the least exceptional put her on the lowest rung out of all of her father's children. Feeling unappreciated, sometimes she's frustrated by Will, who complains about getting a point or two off an exam where she got ten points off. Other times Erin just breaks off in temper tantrums as she tries to deal with the fact that her father has essentially disowned her for something that she can't wholly help. You have to understand: she did try to be a great student in the beginning, she really did, but when she realized that it wasn't winning her father's love, she didn't even bother anymore. She wasn't going to run herself into the ground. She shouldn't even have to for a parent to love her.
          Erin is frustratingly stubborn and rash. She rarely admits to something or admits that she was wrong without grouching over it, and when she makes a decision she will stick to it to the very end, no matter how clearly she's doomed. Erin also tends to rush into thinks without stepping back and clearly thinking about her decision with some serious consideration of the consequences. Her usual mind set is "f-ck it. I'll deal with it later".
          Yeah. That's Erin.

тαleɴтѕ potions, arithmancy, astronomy, viola, sarcasm, rudeness, broomstick flying [but not Quidditch], procrastination, annoying the hell out of people
          lιĸeѕ potions, sleeping, conversation, the occasional quiet time, annoying Will, pranking, joking, transfiguring Markus the cat
          dιѕlιĸeѕ responsibility, work, losing, drivel, wand-requiring subjects, examinations, her father, her jerk-brothers, Markus the cat, herbology
          pαтroɴoυѕ none
          Erin can preform the patronous charm to near perfection save for the fact that it doesn't take form, which severely discourages and disappoints her [it doesn't help that Will has his own form]. Perhaps her personality is too indecisive at the moment to settle on something meaningful.
          вoɢɢαrт Will treating her with scorn
          Will is literally the only person that Erin has felt an actual familial relationship with, and without him it's no overstatement to say that Erin would be quite isolated from the rest of her family. Whatever she might say, Will is her lifeline. If he were to reject her or denounce her from his life, she wouldn't have another close comrade left in the world. Especially considering their history, facing Will who truly doesn't want anything to do with his sister would break her heart.

ιт'ѕ тнe мoѕт υɴғorтυɴαтe αɴd clιcнe
-
    нιѕтory

нιѕтory infuriating
          Being the first daughter and last child of the Jahrhaus family, you could say that Erin has always had some attention on her for a while. Her brothers have all been exceptional in something. Erin, however, found that she was decidedly mediocre for her family. She was smart in comparison to society, but for her family? She might as well have been failing.
          Will always seemed to get more attention from her father than she did, which Erin doesn't blame him for anymore, but it was hard to be the only girl of the house and not have some parent around. The lack of her mother was especially hard, as she deteriorated to insanity after the fall of Lord Voldemort. It didn't help that most of her family were jerks to her save for, like, three of her brothers.
          With Durmstrang adopting a single-sex policy, Erin ended up having to enroll in Hogwarts [because her family absolutely refused to send her to Beauxbatons, and anyway she wasn't interested in going to France]. She almost cried in gratitude when Will adamantly said that he was attending with her, and she has ever since then felt like she seriously owed him, although in reality Will doesn't really think that she does. Erin knows that it was as good for him as her, in his mind, that they went to school together.
          Surprisingly, Erin got along well with others, and she became popular quickly but didn't make any close friends that she thought she should really depend on. Nevertheless, she was much more social than Will, who preferred to delve into a book and just stay there for about twenty four hours a day. She ended up having to teach him a ton of British cultural customs. If she hadn't been around she doesn't know what would've happened with Will.

ғαмιly in order of jerkiest to least jerky: her father, Adalbert Jahrhaus, Mikhail Jahrhaus [the deputy headmaster of Durmstrang], Eyrwain Jahrhaus [the valedictorian of Durmstrang], Klaus Jahrhaus [a member of the Germanic Wizarding Parliament], Rudolf Jahrhaus [a pro-Quidditch Player], and William Jahrhaus, twin brother. Her mother is bed ridden

In terms of oldest to youngest: her father, her mother, Mikhail, Klaus, Rudolf, Eyrwain, Will, and then Erin.

wнo'ѕ ɢoт тнe вrαιɴ cellѕ тo wαѕтe oɴ
-
    love?

love lιғe exceptionally spotty
          Well, it's not like Erin is a total knockout, but she's not, like, bad looking. She's been asked to Hogmeade for a private day by a couple of boys before [and girls, actually, since Erin never explicitly expressed her sexuality, and she's been called asexual for a reason], but typically Erin almost never, ever goes out with anybody. It just isn't her thing. While she might forever be stuck in the friendzone, Erin doesn't really mind. She can never see herself going out and settling down with someone. Ever. She'd rather be on her own. It's not like she's antisocial, it's just that she was never able to get into the groove of beig devoted to one person as another half. You can say, therefore, that she's never really been in "love". Still, she's not naive, and typically she's the one that Will comes to when he has a question about a strange occurrence that day when a witch was talking to him. And then Erin would be like "Will, she thought you were hot. Why didn't you ask her out?"
          orιeɴтαтιoɴ heterosexual; her friends joke that she's asexual
          crυѕн none
          вoyғrιeɴd none
          eхeѕ none

© form goes to me, an asian to the knee
© characters goes to me, an asian to the knee
© pictures go to rightful owners. I claim no ownership of them

------
--=---Image

ɴαмe?

ɴαмe Norah Eden Warsaw
          Norah's not really sure how "Norah Eden Warsaw" seemed like a really good name to her parents. It doesn't really roll of the tongue, does it? But in general, Norah doesn't really have a problem with her name. On the contrary, she actually finds it quite elegant in a way, and she thinks it makes people think she's more mature than she really is.
          αɢe twenty five [25]
          For someone in her field, Norah is very young. She's pretty accomplished for her young age, but she tries not to advertise it because she feels like people would think of her as some sort of arrogant jerk or something. She's an only child, and her parents divorced at a young age, so Norah really just stays in contact with her father.
          ɢeɴder female
          Well, it is how it is.
          вlood ѕтαтυѕ muggle
          Norah is a muggle, yes. She's very much against the Wizarding population because she's mostly concerned about that amount of power in one single race. In general, however, Norah is just frustrated there's something that she didn't know about and was revealed after she had lived without knowing it for the better part of 20 years, and she's frustrated she doesn't fully understand magic. She could care less about this war, but she's aware that she's basically a moving target, considering her profession.
          αвιlιтιeѕ genius
          Well, mostly Norah is just a whiz at mathematics and sciences. She's not really a genius. But she's currently on a very small, very secret [which means everyone knows about it] think tank that is trying to understand how magic works and to see if it can be harnessed into some sort of energy source. They've done some pretty morally gray things [such as testing out limitations of wizards that have been captured by the authorities], but all in the name of science, so that's okay, right?
          ѕтαтυѕ publicly exposed
          Norah certainly isn't trying to hide, and if you know where to look you'd find that she's on a list of some of the more prominent scientists working to harness magic into some sort of energy source--or at least try and figure out what it is in the scientific sense of the word.

looĸѕ

нeιɢнт five feet two inches [5'2'']
          Norah is frustratingly short, and she knows it. She figures that her brain might make up for it, but she's very tired of having to always look up to people to look into their eyes, and she always feels like they're looking down at her with condescension, even when they're really just trying to look at her. She wishes she was much taller, but there's really nothing more she can do about it, at this point. It's one of the features of herself that she truly dislikes.
          weιɢнт one hundred twenty pounds [120]
          Especially considering she's barely above five feet, Norah's at a pretty good weight. She's got some fat on her that rounds out her cheeks. She jogs occassionally, when she makes it out of her stuffy laboratory, but in general she doesn'treally exercise much. And if you take into account that she's puny, she wouldn't do well in a fight. Norah tends to take the saying "mind over matter" rather seriously.
          ɢeɴerαl she would do really well as a pixie
          Everything about Norah is small and delicate--save for her eyes, which are rather large and very doe-like. She cut her hair so that it's close to her head for no good reason at all except that when she had long hair she thought she looked like some sort of boarding house high school student. Her shoulders are narrow, her hands her small, her feet are puny...really, in general, she's just almost laughably teeny compared to everyone else around her. However, she does have precise control over her movements in the laboratory, although some of her coordination mysteriously disappears when she's walking around and going on a perfectly flat surface. Go figure.

perѕoɴαlιтy

perѕoɴαlιтy all work and no play...
          Norah dislikes wasting time or idling over anything, slaving over her work as if her entire life has depended on it. In her twenty five years of life, she's had all of two glasses of bear, has gone to only one party, has only watched someone gamble, and all in all hasn't done any of the fun things in life. She hasn't ever done Dance Dance Revolution before either, which some people consider a viable crime in the world.
          In reality, however, Norah just doesn't care about those things. She doesn't see the fun in them, mostly because she's not really a "fun" person, herself. She's overly serious about everything and usually has a disapproving look for any joke or roughhousing where it's not appropriate.
          Which she considers as always.
          It's not that she doesn't have a sense of humor, but Norah is one of a very singular mind. When she has her focus on something, she tends to shut out everything else until she has reached her goal or answered her question. Along with her spartan-like work ethic, Norah is extremely curious and hates not knowing something. She wants to know everything about everything, wishing to know how anything works at any given moment. When she's not working in the laboratory [because they have closing hours], Norah is at home reading through some sort of article or biography or informational document. Things like fiction, magic, and the fantastical seem childish and stupid to her.
          Norah never really had time to be a "child", though. Her parents in particular didn't have any idea what to do with her. Within a few years she had quickly outstripped their Literature and French majors' extent of knowledge in college-level physics, astrophysics, nuclear theory, calculus, and all other things of that nature, although ironically in the English language and reading, Norah did poorly. She was horrible at foreign languages, too, although somehow she scraped by.
          Thus, often times Norah would be spouting complicated algorithms instead of reviews about The Catcher in the Rye. Her definition of fun was going through multiple example problems on how to apply the definition of a derivative. She would spend hours in front of the computer, going from wiki page to wiki page for the answer she sought.
          Norah is undeniably stubborn. She will almost never admit that someone else was right, that she was wrong, that this was a stupid move, etc., etc., and predictably, she tries her best to always be right. Unfortunately for her peers, she usually is, but that certainly stops people from arguing with her a lot.
          It's in this way that Norah is somewhat inapproachable. It's not that she's cold or aloof, but she's hard to get a real grasp of. At the basics, Norah is a person that cringes when she sees commercials of abused animals and clicks her tongue when she sees the homeless people outside. She took active roles in student government in college and was in more than a few protests through her years. She's an activist, and she wants change for a lot of things. Norah has spent a lot of time molding her own values, which is another reason why she dislikes being told she's wrong--or being wrong in general, because that would mean she'd been living by incorrect, inaccurate knowledge.
          Despite that, Norah is a good listener when she's not wrapped up in her work, and she's more sympathetic than other people, although she's still very fair and firm in her advice. Norah is not one to lie, cheat, or bribe somewhat unless it's under some extenuating circumstance, although for whatever reason she has no qualms about the experiments she's conducting on the wizarding population. Herlogic is probably that they wouldn't do much kinder to her, if they got the chance, and in some cases, she'd be right.
          Norah is far from ignorant, however, and realizes that not all wizards are the banes of her existence. It's like making a generalization about one race because a fraction of them are associated with terrorism. It's stupid and an uneducated assumption. And Norah hates making assumptions.
          Norah tends to be very polite and cordial, and while she doesn't have a chily disposition, she doesn't open up to people very much. She discourages the same from others, as well, preferring that they keep their very personal problems to themselves. She's uncomfortable about knowing all of those secrets about someone, you see, even though others might not mind it at all. Norah likes to keep her privacy as well, and doesn't really talk about herself very much on a deep, intimate level.

тαleɴтѕ physics, mathematics, nuclear physics, flexibility
          lιĸeѕ algebra, Agatha Christie, her cat, chai tea, warm sweaters
          dιѕlιĸeѕ winter, snow, sleet, racoons, history lessons

love

love lιғe only one that mattered
          Norah has gone out with a few people, but only one actually really had a significant effect on her. They dated for perhaps two months, which really isn't long if you think about it, but she loved him very much.
          Unfortunately, he wasn't as devoted as she was, and he ended up leaving her without much of a note or anything. Norah was very disappointed, but only because of the way he left. If it was a talk, some conversation, some communication that passed through them, she doesn't think she would've been as heartbroken as she was.
          As of late, she's focused mostly on work rather than on anything--or anyone--else.

orιeɴтαтιoɴ heterosexual
          crυѕн none
          вoyғrιeɴd none
          eхeѕ a few

© form goes to me, an asian to the knee
© characters goes to me, an asian to the knee
© pictures go to rightful owners. I claim no ownership of them
Last edited by eden . on Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 am, edited 8 times in total.
eden .

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

OPEN!
      go ahead and post forms/reserve. c: