crystallize | high semi lit+ | open

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which are based on a book/movie/tv show/band e.g. Twilight, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, One Direction etc.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Please remember to read all the rules stickied at the top of the board before participating in any roleplays.

crystallize | high semi lit+ | open

Postby eden . » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:23 am

They called him the destroyer - the harbinger of death. He was the devil himself, holding no other name and having no other purpose but the leech the life out of the very earth. He was created in a laboratory, powerful from the very beginning. A creature that was to be used as a weapon, the greatest one ever made by man’s own hands. He could not speak the human tongue, and yet he understood. They wanted him to fight, to devastate their enemies. They wanted power, and he was their key to it. But he was not a being who followed the petty orders of humans, creatures that much lower than him. He cared for nothing but consumption, and with each passing day, his hunger grew. They allowed him no sustenance, and kept him locked up, expecting him to act according to their wishes and commands. Yet their fantasy was not to be.

The beginning of the world’s end happened on June fourteenth, exactly fifty eight years ago. He freed himself, escaping the clutches of those who held him captive. Containment seemed to be impossible, and there was no failsafe to fall back on, it having been destroyed by his own hand. They had no other option. The people retreated, giving the creature full rights to the land, and he embraced them. He took one step at a time, but his steps were hurried. Gaia was dying, while her children cowered in fear in their own little worlds they had created.

The computers offered them an escape, another world in which they were once again allowed to prosper. As the memories and experiences accumulated, the world grew, expanding into something unbelievable. Nobody wanted to leave the computers anymore.

You were born knowing nothing but this world. You didn't know of the destruction that was happening outside; of creatures, war machines battling with each other, with him at the front lines, killing the earth day by day. You soon forgot your birth place, that safe center, as you spent more time hooked up to the computers. To you, that world was real, a place where you were born in and spent your childhood in. There was nothing that they couldn’t contribute to your life, from the smell of home-cooked food to the cool sensation of dipping your toes in the water.

Life was as perfect as a child's life could be - and then you woke up.

Last edited by eden . on Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
eden .

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: crystallize | high semi lit+ | closed

Postby Clavicle » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:28 am

What woke you?

In this world, anything is possible. The universe builds around you, your wishes, your imagination, and grows in reaction to those who occupy it. It's alive. And for every memory, every spark of inspiration everyone has, this plane of existence morphs into something beautiful. There was never anything else you might've asked for.

But lately you've been feeling uneasy. There's an itch in the back of your mind telling you that something's not right here. At first you dismiss it as staying up too late, that you probably shouldn't eat flamin' hot cheetos before bed ... but you can't shake this sensation, this feeling that this -- all of this -- is just off somehow.

And it is with this sudden, jarring realization that you gasp, wake up, shudder and cough before tumbling off the operating chair and onto the cold tiled floor. Wires, cables, and insulin tubes tangle around you, and you hear equipment crash down with your fall. A crippling headache shudders through you, and for a moment all you can do is lie there in shock.

Eventually you do make it to your feet, but your knees are weak and your head feels dizzy. Your stomach feels completely empty. What was going on? Just an hour ago you had a hearty dinner with your family. You couldn't be hungry, again.

Then you take everything in.

You're standing in one of the most expansive halls you've ever been in, the ceiling vaulted far above your head and the space long and wide. Around you are multiple operating chairs where people are hooked up to different contraptions, different technologies. Wires and cables burst from the back of their heads, arms, legs ... everywhere. As you step closer, you try to identify them -- and stumble back in shock. You can recognize all of these people. They're your friends, your family, your coworkers and fellow students. Dear Lord.

You stumble through the building, coming across more rooms, more halls filled with people, although you don't know these groups in particular. You have no idea what was happening, where you were, what you were doing ... you just want to go home.

There are six others that are in a similar situation as you in this compound, and eventually you do run into each other in this huge maze. Together, you ascertain what you were afraid of assuming: your old world isn't real. The computers, the hooked up humans, and other pieces of evidence suggest that you were grown up like that: on a chair. How was it possible? Who knew.

You will all agree eventually on trying to find a way to save your loved ones, and after extensive packing you venture outside into a complete wasteland. Everything is destroyed. And to make things worse, you're beginning to feel some strange symptoms ...

Turns out, you and the six others have been gifted with seven different abilities. Perhaps you were chosen for a purpose? For a reason? Well, whatever happened, you're awake now.

And he knows it.

In this roleplay you will be playing as one of the seven that have woken from their "sleep" [or hibernation]. They will be attempting to defeat the destroyer, who is still at large and quickly eating up all living organisms left on earth. Should you defeat him, life will return to the world, and your families and friends will have a reason to want to wake up. Fail and ... well, you'll be sleeping for a long time, indeed.
Clavicle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eden . » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:29 am

this world can be manipulated by
everyone in it. as such, sprawling
cityscapes may fall away into sudden
urban complexes. In other areas are
brilliant examples of human architecture
and creativity. And some of the more
imaginative of them all can manipulate
physics, although that's not recommended
in particular.
the computer systems used to generate
the world your characters have lived in
since they were born are very
sophisticated, connecting directly to
nerves and neural sensors. it is in
this way that everything in the world feels
real. when you hurt yourself,
you actually feel the pain. in reality,
you're sustained by multiple insulin
and other chemicals to substitute
for real foods, as most [if not all]
people prefer to live in the perfect world
they created.

the real world outside of this safehouse
created to shelter the population until
death came to them is completely
destroyed. there is no life in the air,
earth, or water. it's devoid of greenery
and beauty of any kind. the dirt is dry,
cracked, and yellowing.

the destroyer is the reason for all of
this. fifty eight years ago, scientists did
their best to create the perfect weapon.
the destroyer was the result.
programmed only to consume, the being
quickly fell out of the control of the
government and its creators.
it now walks freely on the earth's dying
crust. wherever this black monster steps
does life fade, grasses and flowers
blackening, wilting, and crumbling to
dust, their energies drained. this
being is able to communicate and
understands many, many things.
however, it only has one purpose, one
command that it has ever been given,
and that is the
only reason
that it still continues on, today. it
cannot be reasoned with or talked to.
the destroyer employs its nanobots
that have long since infected the
computer systems in the safehouse,
whispering things in the user's ear.
usually it says that all is well, fine, and
good. typically they would take the
form of something of value to the user
it has latched on to. of course, you in
particular broke free of their bonds and
destroyed a treasured possession to be
free of their grasp.
eden .

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Clavicle » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:39 am

ImageImage

1. Follow the site rules. Really, this is a no-brainer.

2. No mary/gary sues, and definitely no god modding.
      ------ Seeing as your character’s abilities are a little more powerful than the standard these days, make sure to make a balanced----------- character. You are free to give them plusses, but don’t forget their minuses as well.

3. You know what to do with romance by now - always fade to black.
      ------ Be ambiguous when describing violent scenes.

4. This is a high semi-literate roleplay.
      ------ However, remember quality over quantity! Don’t just churn out words for the sake of making a long post, but really think ------------about what you’re writing down. That said, you should try to write at least 8-9+ sentences per post, writer’s block or not.

5. There will be no reservations for this RP. It is first come, first serve.
      ------ All of the forms must be PMed to either of the two mods before they are accepted, so that the thread doesn’t get ---------------------cluttered.
      ------ You may use your own form or the form provided

6. Preposterous and C6H12O6 are the moderators and co-writers and co-owners of this roleplay. Please listen to them.
Clavicle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eden . » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:48 am

with the talent of determining the most probable outcome for any situation, this person may very well be the most scientific fortuneteller there ever was. Their ability is the sheer speed, efficiency, and effectiveness that they can determine probability. Be warned: just because it's the most probable outcome does not mean it's the only outcome. There may [and will] be time when you are wrong, but more often than not you'll find yourself right. The Prophet is constantly calculating futures, as it always changes depending on choices made in the present, whether they like it or not. You'll find it's a bit of annoying chatter in the back of your mind.

This person has a perfect memory. Literally perfect. You can remember every sensation, every thought, every emotion he had in any given situation all the way back to the point of your own birth. As such, you're probably the most dependable in a situation to memorize large masses of information. Beware: you're often overrun with facts and memories, and sometimes you black out simply because of the sheer mass of disconnected information, feelings, and emotions that inundates you every day.
      - open

As the silvertongue, you have the ability to tell anyone what to do and when to do it -- assuming they actually have a human brain or something similar [for example, an animal]. You want someone to shoot their own friends? Just give the word and it'll happen, no matter how much they don't want it. You're naturally charismatic without your power, but beware: if you speak without thinking or lose your control, you may very well kill everyone you love.
      - hellion [light]

The avenger takes emotion as their power. As the avenger, you are the natural embodiment of karma, serving as retribution for those who cannot do it themselves. Should a comrade or an enemy fall in battle, you are forced to kill the murderer, whether or not it is an ally or not. With the surge of retribution you gain strength, speed, stamina, and could probably take down the warrior. However, if there is no reason to fight and you're just trying to punch someone because you feel like it, your fist will literally stop above the person's nose, whether or not you wanted it to. Beware: unless there is a reason, you are not able to inflict pain on others.
      - open

The warrior's power is not brute strength but rather military ingenuity. You are able to immediately form the best strategic attack on an enemy [although the best strategy sometimes fails, you know]. In addition, the warrior is naturally gifted with speed, strength, and stamina that allows you to be more like a dancer on a battlefield rather than a soldier. Beware: it's your responsibility to build up your own strength. The power may make you a prodigal fighter, but that does not mean that you will be fit, strong, and fast without effort on your own part.

Able to understand any language in the world -- whether it be spoken, written, computer coding, or hieroglyphics -- the linguist hears and understands all. There is nothing that cannot decipher. This also includes codes and secret messages. The linguist can easily decipher secret spoken meanings or code words, and should they be written the linguist can decipher the entire language in a matter of minutes. Beware: because of the language of the earth [as it too cries out in anguish], you are constantly plagued by migraines and painful headaches.
      - open

You will never die. The savior at first glance seems to be the luckiest of the seven, but you are anything but. The savior cannot die of anything, whether you stab them in the heart or separate the head from the body. The head will continue to speak and bite. The pain and circumstances may very well unhinge you. In addition, you do age. Beware: while you cannot die, you can feel extreme pain and you only heal as fast as your neighbor. Do not be reckless.
      - reserved [nosebleed]

If you don't feel like making a form or are not confident in your abilities, please feel free to use the one below [just don't remove the credits on the bottom]! If you are making your own, please include your character's name, age [13 - 25], gender, physical description [and while pictures are not required, they are appreciated!], personality, history, and what power you are. These must not appear in that specific order on your form.

Code: Select all
[center][right][img]character%20Image%20Here[/img][/right][center]
[img]http://fontmeme.com/create.php?text=FIRSTNAMEHERE&name=tron.ttf&size=13&style_color=004040[/img][/center]
[color=transparent]--------------------[/color]
[color=transparent]----------------[/color]
[center][img]http://fontmeme.com/create.php?text=MIDDLENAMEHERE&name=tron.ttf&size=13&style_color=004040[/img][/center]
[center][img]http://fontmeme.com/create.php?text=LASTNAMEHERE&name=tron.ttf&size=13&style_color=004040[/img][/center]

[color=transparent]------[/color]
[color=transparent]------[/color]
[strike][list][color=#004040]_____________________________________________________________________________________________________[/color][/list][/strike][left][size=180][color=transparent]-[/color]➸[/size][/left][list][color=#004040][size=150]ιɴтrodυcтιoɴѕ[/size][/color]
[strike][color=#004040]_____________________________________________________________________________________________________[/color][/strike][/list]

[list][list][list][list][size=85][color=#004040]ɴαмe[/color] full name here
[color=#808080]just some details here[/color]
[color=#004040]αɢe[/color] here
[color=#808080]details here[/color]
[color=#004040]ɢeɴder[/color] here
[color=#004040]power[/color] make sure it's not taken first[/size][/list][/list][/list][/list]

[strike][list][color=#004040]_____________________________________________________________________________________________________[/color][/list][/strike][left][size=180][color=transparent]-[/color]➸[/size][/left][list][color=#004040][size=150] looĸѕ [/size][/color][strike][color=#004040]_____________________________________________________________________________________________________[/color][/strike][/list]

[list][list][list][list][size=85][color=#004040]нeιɢнт[/color] here
[color=#808080]details[/color]
[color=#004040]weιɢнт[/color] please don't make an anorexic character. Look up weight to height proportions if you have to
[color=#004040]ɢeɴerαl[/color] short phrase here
[color=#808080]details. This one really does need detail ... you're describing how your character looks[/color][/size][/list][/list][/list][/list]

[strike][list][color=#004040]_____________________________________________________________________________________________________[/color][/list][/strike][left][size=180][color=transparent]-[/color]➸[/size][/left][list][color=#004040][size=150] perѕoɴαlιтy [/size][/color]
[strike][color=#004040]_____________________________________________________________________________________________________[/color][/strike][/list]

[list][list][list][list][size=85][color=#004040]perѕoɴαlιтy[/color] short phrase here
[color=#004040]lιĸeѕ[/color] just a list is fine
[color=#004040]dιѕlιĸeѕ[/color] Just a list is fine
[color=#004040]тαleɴтѕ[/color] not too many[/size][/list][/list][/list][/list]

[strike][list][color=#004040]_____________________________________________________________________________________________________[/color][/list][/strike][left][size=180][color=transparent]-[/color]➸[/size][/left][list][color=#004040][size=150] нιѕтory[/size][/color]

[list][list][list][list][size=85][color=#004040]нιѕтory[/color] short phrase
[color=#004040]ғαмιly[/color] A short list is fine[/size][/list][/list][/list][/list]

[strike][list][color=#004040]_____________________________________________________________________________________________________[/color][/list][/strike][left][size=180][color=transparent]-[/color]➸[/size][/left][list][color=#004040][size=150] love[/size][/color]

[list][list][list][list][size=85][color=#004040]love lιғe[/color] yes/no or short phrase
[color=#004040]orιeɴтαтιoɴ[/color] can be anything
[color=#004040]crυѕн[/color] here
[color=#004040]вoyғrιeɴd/ɢιrlғrιeɴd[/color] don't come with one
[color=#004040]eхeѕ[/color] any?
[color=#808080]if there are exes, go ahead and give a short summary, or else just delete this and the color hex code[/color][/size][/list][/list][/list][/list]

[center][size=50]© form goes to an asian to the knee
© characters goes to me, [your name here]
© pictures go to rightful owners. I claim no ownership of them[/size][/center]
Last edited by eden . on Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
eden .

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Clavicle » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:50 am

[Extra]
Clavicle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eden . » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:50 am

[ extra ]
Image Image
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
YOU CAN FOLLOW US TO PARADISE
JUST STAY AWAKE. STAY AWAKE.

semi-lit clubspcritique cornerspstoragespmy tumblrspmy writing blogspparadise
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Image Image
eden .

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Clavicle » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:07 pm

[img]character%20Image%20Here[/img]
[center]

--------------------
----------------

----------------
----------------

------
------
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________
-
    ιɴтrodυcтιoɴѕ
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________

ɴαмe full name here
          just some details here
          αɢe here
          details here
          ɢeɴder here
          power make sure it's not taken first

-
    looĸѕ _____________________________________________________________________________________________________

нeιɢнт here
          details
          weιɢнт please don't make an anorexic character. Look up weight to height proportions if you have to
          details
          ɢeɴerαl short phrase here
          details. This one really does need detail ... you're describing how your character looks

-
    perѕoɴαlιтy

perѕoɴαlιтy short phrase here
          details here
          lιĸeѕ just a list is fine
          dιѕlιĸeѕ Just a list is fine
          тαleɴтѕ not too many

-
    нιѕтory

нιѕтory short phrase
          details here
          ғαмιly A short list is fine

-
    love

love lιғe yes/no or short phrase
          details
          orιeɴтαтιoɴ can be anything
          crυѕн here
          вoyғrιeɴd/ɢιrlғrιeɴd don't come with one
          eхeѕ any?
          if there are exes, go ahead and give a short summary, or else just delete this and the color hex code

© form goes to an asian to the knee
© characters goes to me, [your name here]
© pictures go to rightful owners. I claim no ownership of them
Clavicle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

halim because he's new and I like him.

Postby eden . » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:15 pm

вαѕιcαlly...
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________

ɴαмe Halim Najjar
          αɢe twenty three
          ɢeɴder male
          role warrior

we're introducing ourselves now?
          well, it's not that halim is completely unsociable, but he feels like introductions are a very awkward and formal ritual only to be done when giving your sympathies or congratulating someone for something. when you're meeting someone for the first time, the appropriate response is to announce in a loud voice that he is the Greatest Man in the World, then leave it to the other person to figure out his name through conversation. introductions always tended to stagnate a conversation, halim found. halim's name is ethnically arabic--his entire name, mind--and he doesn't have a middle name, which never bothered him. it's one less thing he has to fill out on forms, right? he neither minds nor loves his name. halim is halim. that is all.

pнyѕιcαlly...
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________

нeιɢнт six feet, two inches [6' 2'']
          weιɢнт one hundred seventy three pounds [173 lbs]
          нαιr black
          eyeѕ brown
          pнyѕιqυe ... enduring?

do me a favor and don't challenge me to an arm wrestle?
          halim is anything but athletic. okay, so he ran track and field in, like, middle school, and continues to go jogging once every, like, month, so his endurance isn't that bad (comparatively, it could be a ton worse), but honestly, he'll lose in any fight he gets into, whether it's a full out brawl or a thumb wrestle. he's lanky and thin (kind of like a string bean), and has hardly any muscle on him. halim certainly doesn't body build. he can run decent distances but he can't lift anything heavier than, say, fifty pounds? in other aspects, halim's hair is a smooth black. at one point, he tried cutting it close to his head, but that didn't really work out well. he mostly sweeps it up out of his face these days. surprisingly, it doesn't take half as much hair product as people think, although it's still perpetually tussled and is all around messy. but if he puts in anymore, he might as well be walking around with a hair salon on his head, which is the last thing halim wants. he really does have that beard though, although he makes sure it's never super overgrown or anything. super overgrown, hagrid-like beards really bother halim. he figures it looks nice, although other people have told him otherwise. oh, well. his eyes are brown and he usually wears glasses except on very special occasions which, in his book, are limited only to mourning or celebrating an award of some sort. his eyesight is terrible, so be merciful and don't steal his glasses, okay? as the warrior, he may have enhanced stamina, which is awesome, considering he likes running and he's good at it, but looks like he'd better build up his muscles, now. he really can't imagine himself fighting someone else though.

eмoтιoɴαlly...

lιĸeѕ sunrise, orion [constellation], august [month], black coffee, 64-pack crayons with the sharpener in the back
          dιѕlιĸeѕ too much frosting, cheesecake, incense, smartphone cases, 0.9 or 0.7 mm lead
          ғeαrѕ premature death of his mother, planes, ships/boats
          ғlαwѕ unsympathetic, somewhat unapproachable, somewhat irritating cynicism
          ѕтreɴɢтнѕ persistent, dependable, great essay writer (mostly because he has a specific eloquence he rarely shows off, since he never talks)

oh, I'm definitely the cool kid.
          halim is the guy that's sitting in the background and soaking everything in. it's not that he's quiet and it's not that he's a sociopath or anything, but it's just that when he's in a crowd, he somehow disappears into the back. halim is not extremely notable. while he has a sense of humor, he is not the class clown. while he can get through classes all right, he's far from the class genius. while he is talkative enough, he certainly does not have a loud voice that carries over the ten other ones in the room. in short, halim is forgettable. it's easy to miss him sitting at the edge of the circle with his slight smile as he listens to the conversation going on around him. fortunately for him, halim is not someone that wants the leadership role. he has never wanted to be a group head or a mouthpiece. being in charge never occurred to him as something that he wanted. he'd much prefer to go about life in an easy, casual way--which is to say, he's lazy. although in a good way. halim certainly is studious, and he's able to get himself out of bed every morning at seven a.m. sharp to go to school. it's just that, when it comes to socializing and the food chain that is society, halim is the guy that's kind of floating on the side. he's been tracked through all the rungs, and he's mostly climbed up (or down) by association with specific people. basically, he went along for the ride. while it was nice being in the more popular crowd because their conversation was more generic, halim found that the lower status people were just as friendly. in any case, halim usually ends up eating alone or with a few colleagues. he has a hard time really connecting on a deep, emotional level with people, although he can usually figure out what makes people tick. for all of his lack of verbiage, halim makes up in observation. halim tends to remember a few notable, quirky things about a conversation, like how the candy cane colors of john harlem's christmas tree were neon blue and brown, or how jackie sullivan's mom had, the night before the conversation, perhaps three bottles of watered down cranberry vodka and ended up sound asleep on the floor and jackie had to clean up after her. all the important stuff, though, like calculus, has a hard time sticking to halim's head. he has what we'd call a 'selective memory'. he remembers what he wants to remember and discards everything else. when is he going to use the second derivative of a function to find the inflection points of an ideal graph? like, never. that's what he figures. halim has this way about him that allows him to be completely relaxed about everything in life, whether it was about having a test next period or finding out he bombed the said test the next day. it's incredible how careless he seems at times, but then again, maybe he really doesn't give a crap how his life turns out. again, he's totally accepting of everything. as such, he can both be easy and hard to talk to. while he seems to pay attention well enough, smiles, and nods in the correct places, your words are probably going in one ear and out the next while his brain filters out which parts are strange enough for him to remember. halim is easy to talk to because he's actually pretty decent at small talk. years of watching people do it themselves pretty much makes him an expert. he always asks the generic questions and is able to bust out a couple of small but polite jokes in the process. however, it's easy to find the conversation run dry and become bland after a while. this is where speaking with halim becomes hard. he doesn't present any interesting subjects to talk about, most of the time. halim is rather passionless for many things, and while he likes many things, there are few things that he believes are worth making an entire conversation about. similarly, he doesn't complain much because he really just learns to get over it very quickly. annoying people, ignorant people, stupid people, people that are downright insufferable, when a day just turns for the worst--halim just goes with it and accepts life for what it is. as such, he rarely complains, so if you want to rant with him on something, you'd better be sure it's a damn good subject, because the likelihood is that he'll just stare at you wondering why you're wasting his time. in all honesty, it takes a lot to work halim up into a real rage. he's a really chill, easygoing guy, and he's always willing to have a slight smile on his face that says that he's totally open to conversation even though he should really be doing something else, right now. however, if there is something that really sets him off (that's incredibly doubtful), he'll be very sure to make sure the score is settled somewhere, somehow. of all the things that he learns about people, you should remember that there are a few things you might've let slip around him. just because people don't talk to him a lot for the sake of friendship doesn't mean he doesn't tag along to parties where people get drunk and high and tell him all sorts of things they shouldn't. of course, halim isn't a total saint either, but he tries to make sure he's sober enough to drive, because he knows no one is going to bother driving him home. when he does find something that interests him (for better or for worse), he pursues it with irritating doggedness. it's impossible to convince him to do something otherwise, which is something, he thinks, he's entitled to, since he's so easy going all the other times. others always complain to him about their lives, so he figures that he can do whatever he wants once in a while no matter the expense if everyone else is taking advantage of the fact that he's the perfect pair of ears to whine to. although people rarely try and start a conversation with him willingly, and he rarely tries to make conversation, himself. he's perfectly aware of how hopeless he is at interesting chats. he actually likes having quiet time, however, and doesn't mind when he's left alone to think about random things for a while. if you purposefully ask him direct questions about his life, his interests, and so on and so forth, halim will probably answer you. it's not that he has anything to hide, it's just that if you don't ask yourself, then he assumes you're just not interested in the first place and you're kind of talking to him to basically brag about yourself, which if fine, really, but it's just that halim couldn't be bothered to tell his life story to someone that really doesn't care. surprisingly, halim has the capability to be quite eloquent and charming, and frankly, he actually could be a really great leader for his charisma. it's just that, again, he can't connect well with people. he just doesn't know how to do it. while he's not cold or completely unsympathetic, he's got trouble sincerely empathizing with other people and creatures. it's not to say that he's completely self-absorbed either, but in general, it's probably because he's heard so many versions of the same complained history that he can't be bothered to feel sorry for the person. there's someone else in line that'll have the same story who's looking for attention, and even halim has his limits. as such, he doesn't really have many friends--which he considers are people to the highest degree of trust. people he talks to on a regular basis are people that he calls "acquaintances". people he eats food with regularly and makes jokes and in general are more friendly with him than his acquaintances are his "colleagues". and after that are "friends", although he has, like, none of them. friends, by his definition, are people you can trust infallibly, and he's not really met someone yet that he feels he can trust and who can put their trust in halim, because he's not going to bother pulling through for someone that doesn't think halim is worth depending on. what sort of friendship is that? halim really will pull through for people he cares about, although if you're not one of them, then you'll have to settle for his politely, every-plastered on, conversational smile. he doesn't owe you anything, and he knows it.

нιѕтorιcαlly...

pαreɴтѕ divorced; his mother [aisha, 49], and his father [sayid, 57], who apparently disappeared off the face of the earth.
          ѕιвlιɴɢѕ his five siblings. from order of oldest to youngest: fatima (female, 30), amani (female, 28), sanaa (female, 25), halim, jalila (female, 20), and kareem (male, 17).
          вorɴ december 12th in tehran, iran

nothing much happened, you know.
          halim was born on December twelfth. he has both an iranian and an american citizenship, although that hardly matters anymore. he was born in Iran but moved soon after, as his parents wanted to get away from the politics of it all. they soon immigrated to the United States, where halim grew up. subsequently, he's much better at English than Arabic, although if you engage him in casual conversation, he can get by fairly easily. halim mostly went about his business and went with the flow. he didn't complain, make much of a ruckus, or otherwise become much of a hindrance for anyone to the best of his abilities. he was not overly exceptional in school but had solid crap to A-s, and no one really raised a fuss. he went out for a couple of sports and fell into track and field for most of the time because he found his muscular potential wasn't exactly high. for a while, he was perfectly content with his life. halim had long since gotten used to the idea of being one of the overshadowed siblings in a family of six. he was the second youngest of the family and thus easily looked over in favor for others. halim never really minded. he preferred to stay in the background. the leadership role was never something that he really wanted. it never appealed to him. again, he goes with the flow. that being said, he was generally popular for his geniality and cordiality. He was never outright mean to anyone, but then again, he wasn't overly trusting with anyone either. halim failed to make many "best" friends, although he had crowds of "friends" at school. somehow, though, he ended up sitting alone at a table during free periods or lunch. then again, he never minded. he liked the quiet time. it seems like halim never much minded anything. sometime during his first seen years, his parents began talking about divorce, although at the time it didn't really occur to him as something to worry about. however, it really did happen, although it was all taken care of calmly and quietly. it wasn't that there was some sort of exuberant reason why his parents separated. they just didn't love each other much anymore. and while halim did love his father when he was a child, now that he's older and his father hasn't really bothered to keep contact with the family, halim honestly couldn't care less about the guy. he doesn't much mind talking about the past, though, since he really doesn't feel upset when he thinks about it. frankly, he was never extremely close with his father, although if you try and take a dig at his mom in any way, halim will definitely reject you and your existence. don't test him on this. the lady raised six children and shipped them all through school and college (most of them, anyway, that are old enough to). his mom is his hero simply because of the feats she's managed by herself.

roмαɴтιcαlly...

orιeɴтαтιoɴ heterosexual
          ιɴтereѕт none, at the moment

it's okay, I guess.
          halim's definitely gone out with people in the past, but he's never really fallen for anyone super hard. there's been some crushes here and there, some infatuations, and some unhealthy obsessions in his freshman year in particular, but in general, halim's love life has been kind of uneventful. it's mostly because he's not the type to really tell people all about himself in one go right off the bat, although he doesn't really avoid direct questions. but if it's not the subject of the conversation, halim has the nasty habit of directing the topic towards someone else--anyone else--but him. while it's nice to have a lot of attention at first, his partners usually find that it's exasperating to have to date someone that doesn't talk about themselves--ever--and doesn't really seem to forge a deep devotion to you, which halim really doesn't do. he has the capability to be fiercely loyal, but you really, really, really have to earn it, and a shared basket of chili fries at a mall is not going to cut it.

other: idk I don't think so

coding credit to me
character copyright to me
images do not belong to me
credit goes to owners
eden .

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Artesian » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:31 am

layout mostly by mercy. // text by Artesian // pictures by their artists

[[ legal name: Yolanda Greene Holst
[[ called: Yolo,Yola, Ms. Holst.
[[ age: 21
[[ gender: Female
[[ orientation: Hetero, Bi-curious.

[[ appearance:
    Yola is slightly overweight, just enough to add a bit more curve to her than is usual in her family. She has auburn hair with a slight wave to it, hardly enough to save it from stick-straightness. Her eyes are a rich chocolate brown, and frankly, too big for her face. Expressions flit across her face quickly – she's a horrible liar, and excellent at telling the truth and being believed. Her nose is straight, but a little too long to be cute, and a little too short to be elegant. She's lovely, but lovely in the same way a smooth rock is lovely. She's not cute, or pretty, or particularly attractive, but she is pleasant on the eyes. She tends to wear comfortable clothes, and ones that show off her curvy figure well, in rich wine, purple and deep green shades. Her hair is almost always loose over her shoulder and carefully tended in perfect shoulder length loose waves.
[[ height: 5'9
[[ weight: 149 lbs.

[[ power: Prophet
[[ power details:
    Yola has the talent of determining the most probably outcome of any situation. She can calculate anything with eerie speed and precision, sometimes subconsciously. Imagine eternally solving math puzzles in the back of your mind. This is her life, and what she has to live with. Eternally, no matter what she's doing, she hears a background chatter of mathematics, telling her things like the whisper of a demon and angel on her shoulder. Usually, the outcome is simply a question of probabilities, and she can work out what her subconscious is telling her if she considers it (with a calculator) for a few hours. Sometimes, however, she just knows something. Some factors she doesn't even recognize are telling her something is irrevocably going to happen.

[[ history:
    Yolanda was a good girl. She was born to a suburban family in a good part of town. She has a little sister and an older brother. She had a pet dog named Lacey, a golden doodle dog who chewed her shoes and ate her homework. Her parents pushed her hard: she played in a soccer team; she practiced on her piano till late at night; she volunteered in her spare time; she studied until her eyes melted, it felt like. She received top grades in nearly every subject. She was, however, a bit of a social misfit, growing up. She had friends, generally driven people who were so certain that they were going to make a world for themselves 'out there' that they didn't bother trying to shape the world they had. She never became very close to people, and while she had a couple of relationship, nothing ever became serious. She graduated with honors, essentially picked the college of her choice, and entered as one of the millions of bright young kids working towards their tomorrows.
    --
    She was told, from the day she was born, that she'd be something special. When it was spring and the girls were all picking flowers, she stayed inside and practiced her piano playing. In the summer, when the kids were playing outside with super-hero capes on, she was told that she'd have a chance to play later. Someday, she was told as the other kids jumped in piles of leaves, she would be glad she'd worked so hard. And then, in the winter of her nineteenth year, sitting in her college dorm room – cramming for yet another test – she realized something. Something just hit her between the eyes.
    --
    She wasn't going to live forever. There was no magical tomorrow waiting for her. She was going to die. And soon. She couldn't explain exactly how she knew – it was just a tickling sensation in the back of her head that she couldn't control. She wasn't going to live past her twenty-third year. Somehow, inescapably, she was never going to graduate from college. She'd spent the vast majority of her life working for a tomorrow that would never come.
    --
    Unlike what you might expect from the average person who'd just learned they had four years to live, Yola did not drop out of college. She didn't want to spend her life working a 9-5 job to stay alive. Instead, she slacked off in her classes and tried to find enjoyment in everything. She went to dances and clubs. She started drinking, driving too fast, and living in risky ways. She ran up credit-card debt, ate at the best restaurants she could, and traveled as much as she could during her breaks. After all, why not? It's not like she'd have to pay for it tomorrow, because she didn't have a tomorrow.

[[ At first glance: Yola appears intelligent, emotionally unstable, and like a hedonistic party-girl.
[[ true personality
    There's a deep pain inside her. She's going to die. She knows this. Unlike her other intuitions and probabilistic calculations, this is an absolute. She doesn't know why, or how she'll die, but she knows it deep in her bones. She furious at those who tried to plan her future for her and control her present. She's reckless – for a prophetic fortuneteller – and engages in risky behaviors, simply because she knows that they'll affect her later, and there is no later.
    --
    She's still very intelligent and wise, with a breadth of knowledge that, while not staggeringly impressive, is still respectable. She is generally warm, but in a shallow way. She'd rather not get too close to anyone, and she tells anyone she knows well her death-sentence, so they can prepare themselves. She hates the idea of hurting those she cares about.

Yola lives in the moment in many ways. She wants to experience as much of the world as she can before it passes away. However, she also wishes she could make a difference – and the revelation that the world she believed in was all a lie could just be what pushes her from her self-centered hedonism into responsibility.
INSANELY BUSY!
I am moving! For the next month or so, I am going to be so very busy.
If I'm on here, it's because I'm unwinding with writing or pets or whatever.
Please do not add to my stress, if you can. Your support is appreciated.

ImageImageImageImageImage

R T E S I A N. . .__________________________________________________
      Cʀɪᴛɪǫᴜᴇ:---- Here (CS)-------------- ❝ Stories may well be lies, but they
      Wʀɪᴛɪɴɢ: ----Here (AS) ----------------are good lies that say true things. ❞
      Cʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀs: -Here (AS)---------------- -----------------------― Neil Gaiman
ImageImageImage
Artesian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me