☄ CHASMA - A Literate Roleplay {NEW & ACCEPTING}

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which are based on a book/movie/tv show/band e.g. Twilight, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, One Direction etc.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Please remember to read all the rules stickied at the top of the board before participating in any roleplays.

☄ CHASMA - A Literate Roleplay {NEW & ACCEPTING}

Postby Daxeek » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:05 pm

"Hey.. Hey! Bailey, come look at this!"
    I look up from my work with a deep sigh. Every time he finds the most insignificant little rock...
    "There's water on this one!"
    I blink, shoving my papers down. Quickly, I stand up and step over to his side, my eyes scanning over the large sphere on the sleek screen of his computer. "Are you sure it's water? It could b--"
    "No, ma'am! It's water. It's definitely water. Look!" he says, pointing to the element scanner. H2O. "Should we tell--"
    He's interrupted a by loud buzz from the computer. Suddenly, it switches to the second camera -- one that's facing another planet. He sucks in a gasp just as a gigantic meteor comes into view. The thing is almost the size of the planet itself. There's water there, too. And green. Life.
    There's life there, and it's about to be destroyed. No.
    I reach out to touch the screen, and --
    Everything in the room immediately shuts off right as the meteor smashes into the planet.

--

Everything's gone now. The planet that once was the sister to your own is now destroyed. You had great friends there.
    That was a long time ago. Now, it is just another lifeless stone in your solar system. Your planet is the only one left with life. It feels lonely now. All of the planets were once filled with life. The only thing keeping yours intact is the mass amount of comets that are constantly moving around your planet. They have kept away several large meteors that could have destroyed you and your family and friends. But they won't keep you from the harm of the star in your sky that provides your planet light. The huge, blue mass of fire is coming to the end of its life. Your leader has told you this. When it dies, everyone on your planet will die. Everything in your solar system will be destroyed in its violent supernova. Your kind will be wiped out if you don't find a way out. But what could you possibly do to escape this inevitable fate for your world? That's up to you.

ROLEPLAY STARTS HERE.
Last edited by Daxeek on Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:15 pm, edited 18 times in total.
ImageImageImage

if dreams can't come true,
then why not p r e t e n d?

ImageImageImage
Daxeek

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☄CHASMA - FORMS

Postby Daxeek » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:09 pm

❝ Form
    Code: Select all
    [b]I would like to join this roleplay![/b]
    [b]Username:[/b]

-Note (remove)- Copy and paste and fill out a form for each character.
    [b]Character Name:[/b]
    [b]Character Gender:[/b]
    [b]Character Race:[/b]
    [b]Family (if any):[/b]
    [b]Character's Appearance and Other Description:[/b]
    [b]Character's Personality:[/b]
    [b]Character's Background:[/b]
    [b]Other Information (can be drawing of character or any other stuff you'd like to add):[/b]
Last edited by Daxeek on Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage
Daxeek

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☄CHASMA - RACES

Postby Daxeek » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:23 pm

❝ The Races
    I apologize if the descriptions seem really choppy or repetitive. I had a harm time writing them. :T

NOTE: Pictures for all races are coming soon. For now, here is a quick dump of sketches of all the races, along with a map of their solar system.
    If anything is unclear on the descriptions, please let me know and I can answer anything you have to ask. All life spans are in human years.

THE HUMANS live on Earth. You probably know a bunch about them already, being one of them, my good reader. Only Rosebay and faeriefan37 can be Humans.
    AVERAGE LIFE SPAN: 150 years

THE CHASMOSI are the most intellectually advanced race on Chasma. They were the first race to evolve from the species already on the planet. The animal they evolved from went extinct long ago.
    The Chasmosi control the government in the capitol city of the world, Chasmaros. Your leader, Emporer Terel is an honorable man. He has been a great leader for you all in his time, but now, he's acting a little strange. Laws have been getting stricter and stricter since the news of the star's end. Those living in the city are getting quite worried that their dear emperor is losing his mind. Several thinking this have been reported missing.
    DESCRIPTION: The Chasmosi are a very frail and fragile people. Since they're so smart, they do have very high-tech weapons and defense systems that they can use, but for the Chasmosi not wealthy enough for these items, wandering outside of the city is a horrible idea.
    As far as appearance, the Chasmosi are long-limbed, thin, and soft-skinned people. They are normally awake at night, when their skin lets of a soft white glow. The younger the Chasmosi is, the brighter they glow. They are the only bio-luminescent race on Chasma.
    Their faces are normally very rounded. They look much like the humans of earth because they have similar eyes (though their irises are normally a very light cool color, with some exceptions to this rule), noses, mouths, and bodily structures. The Chasmosi, though, have six long fingers on each hand that are very useful for typing and tinkering. Their skin is normally a grayish color in the light. Normally, they have very long legs and shorter torsos compared to humans. Their ears consist of hundreds of little slivers of skin that surround a very small hole. The Chasmosi have fairly good hearing naturally, but the rich may sometimes pay to have it enhanced.
    As far as voices go, only the poorer Chasmosi have accents, for the language was created by them.
    MALE AND FEMALE DISTINCT FEATURES: Much like humans, the females of the Chasmosi are naturally a bit shorter than the males. They have very feminine-looking face as far as human standards go, while the males normally have a bit more masculine look to them. They are the only race like this. The woman do, indeed, have breasts like humans, while the males do not. The only non-human difference between the sexes of the Chasmosi is that the males have a thin line extending up from their eyebrow-like markings, and as the females do not have this, they do have a thin diamond-shaped bump in their forehead that glows brightly during the night.
    AVERAGE LIFESPAN: 235 years
    OFFICIAL MATURE AGE: 30 years

THE TRAMOSI are a species of avian-like humanoids. They are considered the second most intelligent race on Chasma. Most of the Tramosi live in very high den-type buildings that were built in the trees of the rich forests of Chasma. They do not have much of a government or really any technology, but they do have a small school system to help teach the children both the Tramosin and the Chasmosin languages. Chasmosin is a world-wide language that the Chasmosi have forced the other races to learn. The Tramosi have a hard time speaking this language, for their own language consists of a number of squawks and caws, mainly relying on their body language to communicate.
    They were one of the first humanoid races to evolve on Chasma. It's probable that they were the second, following closely after the Chasmosi.
    DESCRIPTION: They have very light bones are normally extremely thin, making it easier for them to fly through the air. At the ends of their long wings are fairly human-like hand-claws that they can use to hold things while flying. They also have long legs that extend down from their sides and end in large talons. This is a nice trait for transporting goods, which is why several of the Tramosi have turned to Chasmaros, where they can import lots of materials they have hunted from the wild, including skins, leathers, wood, fruit, and meat.
    The Tramosi tend to have elongated, heart-shaped faces with dark black, blue, or red eyes, two small holes that work as their nose, and simple mouth with no lips and a set of sharp teeth. Their entire body is covered in a thin layer of feathers. A very long, bird-like tail starts at their lower stomach and flows down, between their legs and flowing backwards when perched -- or downwards when standing (which they rarely do). The Tramosi rarely ever wear any clothing at all, for they see no need in it, considering the fact that they were made to withstand a wide variety of temperatures and harsh weather.
    MALE AND FEMALE DISTINCT FEATURES: The only real difference between the female and male Tramosi is that the females normally have paler, more pastel-like coloring, while the males tend of have very rich and beautiful colors.
    AVERAGE LIFE SPAN: 85 years
    OFFICIAL MATURE AGE: 20

THE AERMOSI were the last of the Chasma races to evolve into a humanoid. They came from a animal called the ermos, which is a cat-like animal. These little creatures went extinct not long ago, about three hundred years ago. They were over-hunted by the Tramosi for their thick skin, which was used for very expensive clothing and furniture for the Chasmosi. The Aermosi are not very fond of the Tramosi because of this, and they tend to get very hostile towards each other. They have fought a few battles, but nothing huge has come out of any of them besides large piles of dead bodies.
    DESCRIPTION: The Aermos have a body structure that makes it easy to switch between standing and running on all fours. They're a naturally short race, measuring about half a foot shorter than the Chasmosi (who are already a bit short compared to humans). They have a very feline look to them, with faces that are normally between round and heart-shaped, two almond-shaped eyes that can range from pastel blues to the richest of golds. Like the Chasmosi, they have long needle-like slivers of skin that surround a hole to form their ears. Their brow markings curve down until they reach their nose, which is normally like a straight, slightly wide human nose. Most of the Aermos have long, feathery tails. Both the males and females tend to be large and muscular naturally, though some of the women have begun being born with a more womanly body under human standards, a slow evolution that has been taking place over hundreds of years as the women have been pushed into the role of the caretaker and housekeeper in their society.
    As far as personalities go, they do vary, much like all races, but the Aermos are normally very stubborn, angry, and violent. They're known for their great ability fight hard for what they believe in.
    MALE AND FEMALE DISTINCT FEATURES: The females, like humans, look smaller, less muscular (usually), and they do have breasts.
    AVERAGE LIFE SPAN: 60 years
    OFFICIAL MATURE AGE: 15 years
Last edited by Daxeek on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:13 pm, edited 15 times in total.
ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage
Daxeek

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☄CHASMA - NAMES

❝ Common Names in Chasma
    Note: Please make your character's name sound similar to these if you're creating your own. No names are allowed to be a name from earth. This includes other languages and names from video games (please, no "Ezio"s.)
    All names listed below are unisex.
    Carel
    Temin
    Larine
    Auril
    Fasen
    Lemros
    Atron
    Alago
    Renoz
    Tarken
    Narmine
    Perlet
    Seram
    Ritan
    Farlen
    Erisam
    Tramos
    Varsen
    Corlet
    Zarem
    Tarnem
    Cermos
    Rakos
Last edited by Daxeek on Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:16 am, edited 6 times in total.
ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage
Daxeek

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☄CHASMA - PLOT

❝Plot
    The plot of this story is preset. It will be revealed as we go along. Don't want to give too much away. This will be updated with the checkpoints we reach as we go along.
Last edited by Daxeek on Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage
Daxeek

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☄CHASMA - RULES, NOTICES, AND WARNINGS.

Postby Daxeek » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:12 am

❝Rules

If you plan on joining, please be active on CS.

Please follow all of Tess's rules. This includes the rule about excessive violence.

There is no requirement for how long your posts are, but faeriefan and I will be posting very long posts most of the time, so please be able to keep up.

Do not join our roleplay if you cannot be bothered to use your most proper grammar, spelling, and larger words. I say your best because I understand that not everyone is an excellent speller and everything.

Please be descriptive in your posts. Ways you can make your posts longer are by explaining facial expressions as the character talks, the tone the character talks in, where the character looks, how the character moves, any smells, sounds, or any other things that are relevant to the topic.

Don't get upset if we decline your form.

No godmodding or anything similar.

Lots of characters will die in this roleplay, including a few major ones. Please be prepared to roleplay fights and deaths.

We warn you that you may want to make more than one character, because if you make only one, it may die and you won't be able to make another later on.

That's it! (:
Last edited by Daxeek on Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage
Daxeek

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

CHASMA - ROSEBAY'S FORMS

Postby Daxeek » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:32 pm

I am leading this roleplay!
    WILL BE UPDATED AS WE GO ALONG. uvu
    Username: Rosebay

MY MAJOR CHARACTERS

Character Name: Cermos
    Character Gender: Male
    Character Race: Chasmos (low class)
    Family (if any): Brother
    Character's Appearance and Other Description:
    Cermos is a young Chasmosin boy. He turned twenty-nine not very long after the other planet had been destroyed, just a year short of being an official adult. His round face is adorned with two large, pastel green eyes, a fairly wide but short nose, and soft gray lips. His chin is a little big compared to most Chasmosi. He has medium-width, square shoulders that flow down into a set of two slightly muscular arms, ending in two long-fingered hands with large palms. Like most Chasmos, he has long legs and small feet, which are normally covered in a loose pair of dirt-caked pants.
    He usually doesn't smell very pleasant, since he and his brother are too poor to afford water in their house. They also can't afford much of anything else, really, so he's a bit skinny from the lack of food, a bit dirty from the lack of new clothes to change into, a bit appreciative to all of the small things in life from the lack of, well, pretty much anything that isn't needed to survive. On a normal day, he can be found in an extremely filthy brown shirt -- well, it's brown now. It probably wasn't when he got it.
    Cermos tends to keep his hair a bit neater than the rest of him. His hair is shaved down on either side, with a thick patch of hair down the middle that starts at the nape of his neck and ends on his forehead. He accomplished this when he found a broken razor in the garbage one day and one of his friends managed to get it to work again.
    Character's Personality: Cermos is and always has been an extremely friendly guy. Most people tend to like him and look to him for guidance in a situation. He's considered the leader in his little group of friends because of his great ability to take charge and get a problem under control. WIP WIP WIP
    Character's Background: WIP WIP WIP
    Other Information (can be drawing of character or any other stuff you'd like to add): Click me!

Character Name: Auren
    Character Race: Chasmos
    Family (if any): Rich parents, older sister
    Character's Appearance and Other Description: Auren is a child at the age of sixteen (human equivalent would be approximately eight years old). He stands tall, proper, and proud at almost all times. This rich young fellow is a very enthusiastic about getting into the high ranks of his city's government, often caught carrying around extremely dangerous pistols and other weapons for "practice", as he says. WIP
    Character's Personality: WIP, brave, other things to be described
    Character's Background: WIP
    Other Information (can be drawing of character or any other stuff you'd like to add): WIP

Character Name: Patricia Bailey
    Character Gender: Female
    Character Race: Human
    Family (if any): None
    Character's Appearance and Other Description: WIP, 53, graying red hair normally held in bun, skinny, glasses
    Character's Personality: WIP, impatient, caring
    Other Information (can be drawing of character or any other stuff you'd like to add): WIP

Character Name: Kitrette
    Character Race: Tramos
    Family (if any): None known
    Character's Appearance and Other Description: Kitrette is one of the wealthier Tramosi, often found in a nice pair of expensive goggles for flying in harsh weather and carrying several large satchels. She's almost always very clean and neat, her fine feathers groomed on an almost daily basis. Whenever standing (which she does much more often than other Tramosi), she is normally a bit hunched over, but stands very well considering her anatomy.
    The naturally golden feathers of her wings are often dyed, and are currently red. The rest of her body is a slick black with a white crown and underside, some rich red feathers poking out here and there around her face. Her tail is made up of mostly white, red, and iridescent opal-colored feathers, flowing out behind her in a royal cascade of colors.
    Her eyes are a very dark color that were blue when she was born but have now turned into what looks almost black. Her nose is very flat, even for one of her race, appearing almost non-existant on her face. Her thin white lips hold in two rows of razor-sharp teeth -- perfect for hunting all kinds of animals.
    She is twenty-six years old.
    Character's Personality: Kitrette is often seem smiling, giggling, poking fun at others and herself, or just talking to anyone she can find. She's a great saleswoman because of this, often selling things that most people wouldn't just because she can talk them into it. She can often read someone's facial expression from years and years of working with people, giving her quite the advantage in a social situation.
    Character's Background: Kitrette was born in a sparse part of the forests. She doesn't know who her parents were because when she was born, the only other person there was a young boy, probably only seven or so. They grew up together. He taught her what he knew about hunting and she eventually started to get even better at it than him. They adventured around the woods for years, until one night, when she was fourteen, a group of Aermosi were also hunting in the same area as them. Kitrette had spotted one of them, thinking it was merely a an overgrown cermos. She flew at it, attacking it, clawing at it. She thought she was fine until it started to fight back, and it fought back hard. The Aermos had scrambled for his axe, grabbed it, and then swung at her. Just in time, her friend flew into the scene, in front of her, right on time to get hit in the head by the axe. She knew he had done it to save her. He fell limply to the ground, the Aermos distracted for just enough time for her to come to her senses and fly off.
    Other Information: She's a merchant of goods that she picks/hunts/finds in the forests.

MY MINOR CHARACTERS

Character Name: Malleo
    Character Race: Chasmos (very high class)
    Family (if any): Husband, daughter
    Character's Appearance and Other Description: WIP
    Character's Personality: WIP, a bit on the mean side
    Other Information (can be drawing of character or any other stuff you'd like to add): WIP, works for government as a guard.

Character Name: Quezza
    Character Race: Chasmos/Aermos mix
    Family (if any): Chasmosin mother, Aermosin father
    Character's Appearance and Other Description: WIP, gray fur, etc.
    Character's Personality: WIP, unfriendly, aggressive, quiet
    Character's Background: WIP, outcast
Last edited by Daxeek on Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:59 pm, edited 11 times in total.
ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage
Daxeek

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Chasma - SCIENCE FICTION LIT. RP

Postby slothly » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:11 am

I would like to join this roleplay!
Username: Slothly

Character Name: Mekam
Character Race: Tramosi
Family (if any): Can I edit this in later?
Character's Appearance and Other Description: Mekam is covered with pale blue feathers all over her body. Her tail is slightly shorter than other Tramosi, and is a light green, with a few blue feathers too. She has pale peach legs.
Character's Personality: Mekam, though small, is a very lively and boisterous character. She often annoys the elder Tramosi when she jumps from branch to branch, startling off animals which could be used to hunt. She's very reckless, and is always the first to do something that could be potentially dangerous, though she's never got into serious harm. Though she's confident and definitely not reserved, she doesn't make close friends, and will usually just talk to whoever's closest to her at the time. She loses friends quite easily as she'll argue all day about anything she doesn't like. Though most of the other Tramosi in her group don't really mind, there are those who take offence to it, and they may end up not talking for months.
Character's backgroundWIP :)
Other Information (can be drawing of character or any other stuff you'd like to add): (I'll draw something maybe :) )
Last edited by slothly on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

keep it chill
see that girl you just called lazy and slow?
well thats actually a sloth.
69% of people wont put this in their sig.
copy and paste this
if you're one of the 420% who have a heart

links:
:tumblr blog
:my art
:sloth rock yeah
:what is homestuck?
slothly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Chasma - Literate RP

Postby kiodi » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:25 am

I would like to join this roleplay!
    Username: faeriefan37

Character Name: Lanare
    Character Race: Chasmos (upper middle class)
    Family (if any): Younger sister, father
    Character's Appearance and Other Description: A young woman of thirty eight, Lanare is often wearing a serious expression as well as rather common flowing dresses in cool pastels. Her large eyes are a pale violet, right between an average-sized forehead and high cheekbones. Her lips are small, though plump, and her skin is a paler gray than the average Chasmos. She has very dark brown hair that goes just past her shoulder blades, beginning to curl at the very tips but otherwise straight. She stands very upright, shoulders back and eyes leveled directly in front of her.
    Character's Personality: Lanare acts as a motherly figure to most that she meets, lately trying to limit her parental advice to those who won't be bored to sleep by it. Sometimes, this happens literally, as her voice is soothing and doesn't have much of a range when she is speaking normally. She is compassionate, kind, and clever, like most Chasmosi will tend to be. However, her serious demeanor often leads people to view her as uncaring, even when she advises them- she's tuned out most of the time.
    Character's Background: Lanare's mother died shortly after giving birth to her younger daughter, and so the eldest sister took up the parental role at a fairly young age, though she already had a maternal personality before that. Her father is quite weak from his working past, and Lanare's well-paying career brings most of the money, other than his retirement fund. It's enough that they're rather well off.
    Other Information (can be drawing of character or any other stuff you'd like to add): Her hair is pretty fluffy. She avoids static as much as she can for all the problems it causes.

Character Name: Joseph Johnson
    Character Race: Human
    Family (if any): An elderly mother and father, older brother.
    Character's Appearance and Other Description: Joseph is a small, thin man with angular features and curly black hair. He has average-sized green eyes and wears glasses with black, rectangular frames. His lips are thin and pale, and he generally doesn't look or act like he gets out very much. Joseph's smile is crooked, and if someone looked for them, his veins would be clearly visible against his pale skin. He is often working these days, so he can be seen in a labcoat-type outfit that's a little too big on him and just looking like your typical dorky scientist, even with a slight slouch, like he's trying to hide from the world.
    Character's Personality: Sometimes shy and always awkward, Joseph can be easily excited. He has a good heart and truly cares about the life that has been found on that far off planet, as well as all the living things that were destroyed by the meteor on its sister.
    Character's Background: Joseph had a very normal upbringing, with loving parents and an older brother that liked to tease him a lot. They're all very close, feeling happy when one member of the family is happy, and sad when someone isn't. They've leaned on each other through a lot of hard times.
    Other Information (can be drawing of character or any other stuff you'd like to add): Joseph is the scientist that calls for Bailey "every time he finds the most insignificant little rock".

Character Name: Terel
    Family (if any): Wife
    Character's Appearance and Other Description: Emporer Terel looks like he's in charge. He's broad-shouldered, has short hair and a regal nose, as well as a broad mouth and narrow eyes. Taller than most, he wears long robes, normally with flair on the shoulders, and a sort of circlet. His brow markings stand out more than normal. His speaking voice is deep and firm, and his typical posture is straight with his hands behind his back and chin raised, looking down his nose at everything. He has a long, serious face, but in the company of his wife, used to be known for a shining smile, before things started... slipping.
    Character's Personality: In the past, he was a just ruler, loving husband, and at least tried to care for most of his people. Now, though, he is more of a hollowed out shell than a man, prone to making rash, stupid decisions that affect many people.
    Character's Background: Terel loved his wife from the moment they met, and it only grew stronger over time. They stuck together through two miscarriages, and hope to be expecting another child soon, though they've only announced one miscarriage to the public and have not said anything about the possibility of an heir, as with the history, they're afraid of hope.
    Other Information (can be drawing of character or any other stuff you'd like to add):

Character Name: Kalren
    Character Race: Aermos
    Family (if any): Younger brother (unknown to him)
    Character's Appearance and Other Description: Kalren is a little taller than most Aermos, though the muscle-to-height ratio is the same as average. He has bright red-amber eyes, and a wide nose and mouth often twisted into a scowl. He stands with his chest out and walks like he owns the place, no matter where he is. He has large hands and feet that seem a little too big for him. His arms are often crossed when he's glaring... which is a lot of the time.
    Character's Personality: A lot of the body language may have given away that Kalren is very aggressive and dominant in virtually ever situation he could be in. He has a very short temper and does his best to intimidate everyone he meets, and probably has a superiority complex, not that he'd ever show any signs of being less than the super-tough leader he wants everyone to think he is. He has all the aggression of an adult, but the childish way he can act sometimes would make him seem younger.
    Character's Background: Kalren grew up fighting, especially a rival that he chased out of 'his' territory, not knowing it was his brother at the time. He still doesn't know that.
    Other Information (can be drawing of character or any other stuff you'd like to add): Thirteen years old.

Character Name: Matrel
    Family (if any): Older brother (Cermos)
    Character's Appearance and Other Description: Matrel has long, messy black hair that goes past his narrow shoulders and is occasionally tied in a ponytail. It really ought to be cut, as he looks like a girl from behind, especially when it's tied and his thin neck is exposed. The little fourteen year old has a gap-toothed grin even with all his teeth in, and the current empty spot where his right canine used to be doesn't help that much. His eyelashes are thick, dark, and feminine around wide, powder blue eyes that could nearly blend in with their grey backdrop of Matrel's skin for the faintness of the color. He has a very small amount of extra muscle mass from doing some work, even though most of this "work" is actually running about and playing just out of sight of whoever wanted him to do something productive. He is, however, still very thin and could not handle life in the wilderness by almost any means. He also doesn't smell pleasant at all, as he has limited access to a bath.
    Character's Personality: Despite having been dealt a rather sorry hand in life, Matrel is extremely cheerful, sunny, and kind. One of his favorite things to do is play rough, though as he is very frail this often ends in injury, or at the least a scolding for being so reckless. He doesn't take advice most times, and when he does it's typically with a grain of salt. This has created a sort of troublemaker image for the boy, even though he's really just under the typical childlike impression that he's right about most things, especially when he isn't. He's gotten very sick a few times, which is dangerous when you don't have the money to fix it.
    Character's Background: He never got to meet his mother, as the same complications that led to his extremely poor immune system caused her to die during, almost before childbirth. Matrel had to be surgically removed from a corpse. Doctors believe he will die before he reaches adulthood. He grew up with his brother and, for a short while, his father. Unfortunately, the latter died. Matrel didn't know him well enough to truly mourn the way he wanted to, and as a result he carries a deep guilt under his bright personality, one that he's never shown to anyone and probably never will.
    Other Information (can be drawing of character or any other stuff you'd like to add):

Character Name: Jerone
    Character Race: Chasmos (high class)
    Family (if any): Son, Son's mother (Girlfriend)
    Character's Appearance and Other Description: Rugged features combine with excellent grooming to create the image of a well-bred citizen of Chasmaros. Jerone has an overly confident grin composed of nicely placed white teeth and thin, wide lips under a solid, masculine nose and above a deeply clefted chin. His brow markings are thick and the raised line is prominent. He has a large forehead, and his pale brown hair extends to the nape of his neck from any point on his head.
    Character's Personality: Though he does think more of himself than most do, he puts more energy into being a good father and caring lover than thinking about himself. He's quick to smile and social activities come easier to him than a lot of people. He's very charismatic and is often nominated a leader in groups because of this. He doesn't actually have any leading skills, as he tends to make bad decisions quickly under pressure. Sometimes he realizes this and steps down before anything goes wrong, but this is a rare event as his ego prevents him from seeing the reality of his poor leadership abilities.
    Character's Background: Born into wealth and generosity, Jerone never knew the harsh reality of the lower classes until he met his girlfriend, Kaner, who was on the streets when he found her. He asked her to come home with him, and she found him very persuasive. After she was cleaned, fed, and dressed, they got to talking. It was decided she would live there until better plans were made. They formed a romantic relationship not long after, and she decided to stay, even after getting a job. They had a son recently and Jerone plans on proposing marriage when the time is right. All their friends say their story is too sweet to be true, that no one could possibly be that lucky. Maybe they can't.

Character Name: Tiran
    Character Race: Tramos
    Family (if any): None
    Character's Appearance and Other Description: Tiran is an aging Tramos, a veteran of many skirmishes with the Aermos with scars to prove it. With her wiry appearance and dull feathers, it'd seem impossible that she could survive a single one, but she's still around nonetheless. Her green eyes are tired and match her lifeless feathers very well, all of which are in a rather boring range of green, bordering on teal on the tops of the outside of her wings and around her exhausted face. She has many frown lines, hinting at an unhappy life. Her posture is naturally hunched, and she can easily blend in with the treetops where her tribe lives. It's a good thing, too, as younger Tramosi like to throw sticks at her sometimes.
    Character's Personality: Forty three isn't a pleasant age to be for a Tramos, and Tiran's attitude reflects it. She's snappy and bitter almost all of the time, and has no close family or friends because of it. One of the extremely few redeeming features of this haggish Tramos is her ability to fight. She seems to come alive in battle, the youthful strength no one would have thought her to have bursting from her in a frightening display. The only time most of her own kind want her around is when there's danger, and that's just how she likes it.
    Character's Background: Abused in several ways as a child, Tiran grew to be less intelligent than most and at least three times as reclusive. She was somewhat attractive for a very short time, but by the time she'd reached maturity, she was very unpleasant to be around, only stopping being depressed to let out a vicious outburst that drove away any possible suitors, except for one, who was unfortunately killed in one of the bigger fights with the Aermosi. This drove Tiran further away from being social and into seclusion than she already was, as well as giving her an inner rage that she calls on when fighting.
    Other Information (can be drawing of character or any other stuff you'd like to add): Her parents died while on a visit to the capitol city to celebrate their daughter's departure from the house under very mysterious circumstances.

Character Name: Cirlen
    Character Race: Aermos
    Family (if any): Older brother, Arket
    Character's Appearance and Other Description: With her long arms and legs, Cirlen is excellent at running. The few times she and her brother get along well enough to do something fun like racing instead of fighting- often physically- she normally wins. This only really leads to more fighting. She has a relatively round face, though if one were to stretch the definition of heart-shaped, she might still apply. Her dark almond-shaped eyes are of a blue-green color, nothing too distinct on her blue-black body. She wears a dark leather band around the bottom half of her practically nonexistent breasts, which has two ties on the back to prevent it from coming untied and falling off. It has one small decoration- a single black feather, a trophy from the past. It was from a Tramos who ventured too far from the safety of home, into a dangerous part of the jungle, where Cirlen was living at the time. Her hair is also black, kept short with an axe-like tool and, in the front, her teeth. It's incredibly uneven, going as high as above her lips in the front and to her shoulders in a few places near the back. It's barely long enough to tie back, but she tries anyway whenever possible with a small leather band. Her hair and tail are in very poor shape, somehow managing to look overly dry and greasy at the same time.
    Character's Personality: Though a girl, Cirlen has managed to live a fairly independent life, allowing her to fully develop her ferocity, hunting abilities, and potential as an intelligent being. She has many physical skills that she gets some enjoyment out of, and the happiness she shows when conquering her prey or scaling a tree to steal Rakos eggs- sometimes even a young Tramos, on the rare chance that one was left alone in a tree within her or sometimes her brother's territory, tells of the childlike wonder her still-young mind contains, that she managed to retain despite her eleven years being filled with violence and hardship. Though, as this is normal for Aermosi, why should it bother her in the first place?
    Character's Background: Cirlen's mother was killed by a power-hungry male Aermos that she refused to serve. While she was fighting him off in vain, Arket, only eight at the time, took his four year old sister and ran as far as he could, leaving false trails and eventually deciding to camp for a week in a tree before finally realizing that the man wasn't chasing them. The only strange part of this story was the fact that Arket saved his sister as well, an unusual, fear-driven act of less-than-entirely-selfish behavior. They struggled for several years, marking territory of their own when Cirlen was eight. When she was ten, he told her she had to get her own, and she did- right next to his. Sometimes they cross into each others', sometimes to fight, sometimes to play, and sometimes to work together. They fought a good majority of the time, though injuries never get beyond an especially nasty bruise.
Last edited by kiodi on Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
kiodi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Chasma - SCIENCE FICTION LIT. RP

Postby Umbrellas » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:24 am

This looks really intriguing! Working on filling out a form (will post later probably ^^)
kind of like a breath of fresh air amid all of the illiterate, fandom-based roleplays out there.
ImageImage
C.S. Lewis wrote:You can never get a cup of tea large enough, or a book long enough to suit me.

Trade ThreadOf the Night - a CS storyCS Stories: A Guide to your Stories on CSTumblr

Trade with me? I have a Jeweled Liontail & Bone PPS UFT!
Umbrellas

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me