The Naruto Fanclub V.3! Welcome! (FANFIC CONTEST)

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: The Naruto Fanclub V.3! Welcome! (FANFIC CONTEST)

Postby Noni Gailin Ayrenin~ » Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:34 pm

Whoops, double post

So, as an adult, i've recently been reminded that I make my own money, and have access to amazon.

The collection grows
(And no nerd shelf is complete without statues and a lava lamp)

It's been way to long since I picked up new volumes, and in my shelf filling kick i've added 6-16. Feels good to see so many in a row. And, i'm actually going to be able to fit the entire first half on one shelf together, which is a thought that pleases me greatly. I am running out of room pretty rapidly though, so....we'll see.
Image -...-...-...-ImageImage922,931Image203Image-...-...-...-Image

My Dragon Cave Thread
_____________________________________________________________________________________
ImageImageImageImageImage
"....I wish it'd start rainin' money."
Websites to find me on: wrote:
Chicken Smoothie

Flight Rising
Eldemore
Beast Keeper
Wajas

**Lioden
Imagex 492 (M) Imagex 543 (S)
** Lioden is not linked as it is a 16+ Website, however I did still want to list it as something I'm on.

Noni Gailin Ayrenin~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ♔ Lady Luck ♚ » Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:52 am

Noni Gailin Ayrenin~ wrote:
Whoops, double post

So, as an adult, i've recently been reminded that I make my own money, and have access to amazon.

The collection grows
(And no nerd shelf is complete without statues and a lava lamp)

It's been way to long since I picked up new volumes, and in my shelf filling kick i've added 6-16. Feels good to see so many in a row. And, i'm actually going to be able to fit the entire first half on one shelf together, which is a thought that pleases me greatly. I am running out of room pretty rapidly though, so....we'll see.

Honestly I constantly forget to buy the manga as my ma has a entire bookshelf of all Naruto's manga in the entrance of our house. It is easy to forget it isn't mine when I move out. My cousin just started collected the nice "Full Metal" editions of FMA and I've just finished ATA so it's gotten me back into my manga collecting vibes.

I have issues #1, #2, #3 and #6 of naruto randomly bought for me by others and thats it! My #2 is so bleached by the sun and has printing issues is orange colours come out as yellow on the cover.

on a separate note - this club being dead i feel is also a combo of 1) it being a very old thread 2) kiba's account has been inactive since 2018. every time i return to CS i get the urge to remake this club thread - but i am worried about the semi- dead people like me and you not regaining interests in continuing the Naruto club, gaining new members, etc etc etc

plus i wouldn't want kiba to randomly log back in and be like "bro you remade my club?" but i feel like if it is going to survive it needs a fresh start!!!

what do you think?
a r t | s t o r a g e

■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■

lady luck likes to make a lot of
artwork but
she also likes to make
alot of characters.

the lil guy on the left is a cute
vampire boy
for sale <3
if interested please send me a
PM or click HERE!

■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■

r e p l i e s | m a r s h y ❤
♔ Lady Luck ♚

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Noni Gailin Ayrenin~ » Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:12 am

♔ Lady Luck ♚ wrote:
Noni Gailin Ayrenin~ wrote:-snip-

Honestly I constantly forget to buy the manga as my ma has a entire bookshelf of all Naruto's manga in the entrance of our house. It is easy to forget it isn't mine when I move out. My cousin just started collected the nice "Full Metal" editions of FMA and I've just finished ATA so it's gotten me back into my manga collecting vibes.

I have issues #1, #2, #3 and #6 of naruto randomly bought for me by others and thats it! My #2 is so bleached by the sun and has printing issues is orange colours come out as yellow on the cover.

on a separate note - this club being dead i feel is also a combo of 1) it being a very old thread 2) kiba's account has been inactive since 2018. every time i return to CS i get the urge to remake this club thread - but i am worried about the semi- dead people like me and you not regaining interests in continuing the Naruto club, gaining new members, etc etc etc

plus i wouldn't want kiba to randomly log back in and be like "bro you remade my club?" but i feel like if it is going to survive it needs a fresh start!!!

what do you think?

*I finished it!*
I am now the proud (and very broke) owner of all 72 volumes of Naruto!
Can post a picture later.

My manga collecting vibes have been on max for 2 years now. I went from about 27 books to....lemme check my spreadsheet....462 (606 upon completion of all current active buys) across 34 different manga; 11 of which are completed and 3 which are very close. I uh....I might have a book buying problem, heh. ^^;
*(I can totally get shelf pics if you want, they're nuts)*

As for the thread I'm going to have to agree with your two statements, but add to it that fandom focus has largely shifted to Boruto, whereas we never really cared to move on as a group. I believe we mentioned not that long ago that one of us should 'take over', but my own CS activity is largely pet-based now and i'm just not the forum user I was back in the day. There's always plenty to talk about with Naruto- 700+ chapters aren't there for nothing, but it'd take a hefty re-read. I have thought once, jokingly, about trying to read the series through a SasuSaku lens, but that discourse is so old it has children now. Literally xD

I think it might be time for us to join the old timers in the rocking chairs, my dear. Unless a surge of entirely new fans happens out of nowhere, we might not get the same level of engagement we used to. Or we need a corny advertisement strategy, though i'm not terribly sure how to navigate such a thing. Perhaps we hold a "rewrite your old naruto fics" thing? I'm already rewriting my old SasuOc fic.....That cursed thing, I get whiplash just trying to figure out I kept it up as long as I did....

In any event, I'd be down to see a revival, if it was possible this day in age.

My Dragon Cave Thread
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Chicken Smoothie

Flight Rising
Eldemore
Beast Keeper
Wajas

**Lioden
** Lioden is not linked as it is a 16+ Website, however I did still want to list it as something I'm on.

Noni Gailin Ayrenin~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ♔ Lady Luck ♚ » Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:09 am

TOPIC: manga collecting

Jeezz that was quick! Amazing.
Don't be shy send that picture. :)

The fact you have a spreadsheet says it all. xD
I actually need to do that. Unfortunately the only thing I have at the moment is a TMNT comic spreadsheet and a NECA tmnt figure spreadsheet (both unfinished) and a Square Enix one for Final Fantasy & Kingdom Hearts merch I am missing.

I'll post a pic of my bleached volume tomorrow haha. It's pretty much lemon yellow instead of orange.
Do it do it do it post the picys!!!

TOPIC: new thread

do you know what it is - im not expecting like a big rush or new members if the thread was revived. (although 100% people see how far and few new posts are on this very old thread is going to be off putting to new members anyway). I just feel like a fresh thread would be so nice and clean and feel less "bad" if it takes people a while to post on. If that makes sense?

Ha ha! SasuSaku christ
Yeah I am returning with the same focus on pets and forums as I originally had. (hopefully).
we did agree to passing the torch but it was left very vague on who should bare the burden and then kiba pretty much went inactive again.

I think for now lets just try to post as often as we can regardless and then see what happens. I am in no way that bothered if no one else ever came back to the thread and it's just me and you posting back and forth for 40 years. :D

I just want to chat naruto! Speaking of which.....

TOPIC: 20 years?!?!?!?!?1

the 20 year anniversary happened a few days ago!
it's that just amazing?
the re-drew all the animation for the video they dropped (and it looks god amazing)
and there are rumors they are re-considering re-releasing a remaster of naruto + shippuden in this style (which is also a bit more honest about the blood and things etc etc)

its just beautiful.
my chets was to tight i feel as sad after watching it
I MEAN LOOK AT THIS STILL FROM THE VIDEO?!?!?! *chefs kiss*
also hyperlinked the image in case you haven't watched it yet

♔ Lady Luck ♚

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Noni Gailin Ayrenin~ » Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:36 am

Manga Collecting;

First and foremost, the main event-
-
-
-
Sasuke stole the lava lamps seat and I found the coffee mug I carried all through High school!
*It's a historical piece, now*
I'm very thrilled to have the whole series now, it's like a part of me can be at peace.

Onto the rest of my shelves, heh ^^;
-
-
-
Shelf one;
-
-
-
-
-
-
Shelf two;
-
-
-
-
-
-
Shelf three;
-
-
-

And we'll just link the spreadsheet bc this post is already miles long now; Sheet
But yee. Own all the books. (My friends collection is nearly double mine, yikes)

The Thread;

Actually, there may be some new hype yet, with the 20th being a thing. I've seen that some of the light novels are getting manga adaptations, and i'm certainly going to be getting my hands on them! I've also found a 3 book sort of chibi manga about Sasuke that has been stealthfully added to my amazon cart....

I'm becoming more alright with the idea of a new thread. I guess at this point the thing that hurts is what's left behind. Or who, really. We were an odd bunch, for sure. This series and thread helped me cope with life, tbh. But....if a new thread helps other people find a group to cope with, so be it. Until then, i'll enjoy 40 years of the same ol' banter with you, dear.

20 years;

I mean, yeah, the new animation is pretty, but...
You'll never beat this

*Look at my boi run*
(We can roast his outfit later, he needs help....)

Jokes aside, I think it would be great to see the series remastered!
One thing I do hope they fix though, if they go that route, is to fix Sasukra's body shape. I never noticed it before because I was always a manga reader, but the anime really toned down the slight curves she does have, which I remember and will even admit I used as a negative to her in the past. It was something like this that I saw across Facebook that made me notice for the first time. It's been the anime doing her dirty for 20 years.

I'm not suggesting that this would magically fix her character, but come on, guys!

My Dragon Cave Thread
Chicken Smoothie

Flight Rising
Eldemore
Beast Keeper
Wajas

**Lioden

Noni Gailin Ayrenin~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ♔ Lady Luck ♚ » Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:52 pm

sorry if it ever takes me a few days to reply
I actually hate using my mobile to post on here!
Although I am checking CS daily atm on my mobile even if i dont reply!
Especially since i love a good format ;;u;;

TOPIC ; manga collecting

Damnnnnnnnnnnn bro
That collection is looking spicy 🌶

Honestly my is so crap the most completed thing by far is my junji ito shelf and thats more collection of his work not individual volumes!

Ill send pics when i get back from work today or edit them into this post if you havent responded yet

Mums collection is a bit better than mine but its pretty much just naruto, bleach, fma, death note and dragon ball.

OFF TOPIC ;; AOT

God i just finished this
Im assuming you have? Opinions on the ending ?
Since its so controversial 😰need to collect for sure though.
And as for anime i have only seen season 1 & 2 for now.

TOPIC ;; the thread

Maybe! Maybe not haha
Its so hard to say what will kick start interest again.
I mean i just had a conversation with family on it and saw a few edits on instagram and that had me hooked again.

I didnt know about the light novel adaptions? I have yet to read any unfortunately. Very worried about being able to get through the sasusaku parts of sasukes story 🥲

Is it the rock lee chibi animation spin off? Because i remember they had a sasuke spin spin off of that.

Same. Lets keep posting as often as we can and see whats happened. I have PMd the accounts of some of our OG members encouraging to pop by if they find themselves online but no responses yet. But fingers crossed 🤞🏻

TOPIC ;; 20 years?!?!

How did i not know about sakuras lack of body definition????
Meanwhile their daughter got the lady of the night treatment and had to be amended when fans complained it was a bit much.

Yes its deff defeminised for sure. Madness. Maybe to emphasis the ugly / pancake jokes before? Or because they were trying to be kid friendly which goes out the window with sexy no jutsu

I think if not a remaster a good touch up combination of the original and new style would be good. Kinda what they did to dragon ball. Where the essence of the original is captured but made more precise, the colours and effects retouched. Etc etc

TOPIC ;; fan art

Done any fan art of naruto recently???
I have something to share :3

Here is the safer version without the blood splatter (because i know CS is a bit sensitive)

Ill link the final version later.
Im gonna do the rest of the sasuke retrieval arc bois too. Next up is neji.
♔ Lady Luck ♚

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Noni Gailin Ayrenin~ » Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:13 pm

Ah, it's ok love.
Life happens and I guess it was my turn for a late reply this time. xD

Manga collecting;

Hey, any amount of collection is valid, keep goin' fam!

I've added like 10 more books since that post? uh...whoops?
One was a repurchase......Bad copy first time around. Is all fixed now. If you buy used volumes from amazon, always look for Half price books/HPB (Emerald, Ruby, and Diamond as well as inc) ((I'm assuming it's how they tell their warehouses apart)) Genereally you can find their "Very good" marked stuff sitting between $4-6 with shipping only at 3.99. It's a great deal for older stuff (i.e most of my tokyo pop prints).

OT;AOT

Honestly, I only ever watched the first season, but I kept trying to get back into the series. So, knowing i'm a more attentive reader, I sorta said screw it and just started picking up the manga. Haven't gotten around to it though. One day I will read my collection, I just have to regain the will of high school me.

The thread;

Tbh it was finally completing the manga that had me kind hype again. I'm sor far behind of every other part of the franchise now, but at least I have this, right?

I knew about the novels around the time I considered just picking up the Boruto manga, they kinda all came up in search together. Wasn't interested in them though bc I was still a bit bitter about the franchise moving on so quickly. I'm over it enough that i'll give it a read, mostly for Sasuke, because duh hi it's me.

And the little series I found is done in that same chibi style, at least on the covers.

I'm curious enough about it either way and i'm down for more Uchiha content.

20 years;

Yeah, like I said, they did her downright dirty.
((And to be fair *she* has the uchiha genes. Even her grandmother was bustier then Sakura.))

It's my understanding that the uh...censorship of the series may have been a bit much in general. Things those of us who prioritized one side of the coin or the other might not have noticed. I pretty much mostly read the manga, so I got all the nitty gritty of the battles, but the anime....takes certain things away. Which I understand, televised media is often more censored anyway, but some scenes were changed altogether to accommodate it.

The Sasuke VS Haku fight can be a bit of an example;

Ah, I thought better of my idea to include the images, but uh....you got google, right? xD

Ignoring stylistic differences, there's enough here to sort of prove my point. Not only are there fewer needles in the anime, they're not in the correct places (His neck, ya'know?) and there's less...splattering. Even Naruto looks less beat up! (And the anime makes him look like a thumb by comparison...)

Ahem.....

Fanart;

Absolutely amazing and I bow down to you, honestly. I could never do the boys justice like that. <3

Uh.....I have some, I swear......
Well....It's more like Naruto OC art?......

-
-
-
(March 2020)

This is Sunarashi.
Her name literally means Sandstorm.
Which is funny.
Because she calls Gaara sandstorm as a nickname. And he just shortens her name to Suna.
Its a whole naming joke, do ya get it?!?!

I'll see myself out.

Anyway, this is her waiting for the funky murder boi to come back, getting a bit startled as she feels his sand wrap around her, bc protec.

My Dragon Cave Thread
Chicken Smoothie

Flight Rising
Eldemore
Beast Keeper
Wajas

**Lioden

Noni Gailin Ayrenin~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby amajiki » Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:20 pm

Favorite character| sai or most of the uchihas
      Least favorite character| danzo
      Favorite Arc/Episode| I loved the filler where they tried to see under kakashi's mask, comfort episode (s) fr
      Subbed or Dubbed| I watch dubbed usually
      Your nickname/name we can refer to you by| caitlin or c-will
      How far are you into the anime/manga?| finished naruto, and shippuden. still need to read the manga, I have a few though
      How crazy for Naruto are you on a scale 1-10?| 10, one of the biggest brainrots rn

i haven't been on cs in probably a year+, but I decided to try it again and saw the naruto forum, so hello!
╓══════════════╖
c-will | adult | any pronouns
finally changed layout after ages
╙══════════════╜
credit -- --

amajiki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Noni Gailin Ayrenin~ » Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:58 am

amajiki wrote:
      Favorite character| sai or most of the uchihas
      Least favorite character| danzo
      Favorite Arc/Episode| I loved the filler where they tried to see under kakashi's mask, comfort episode (s) fr
      Subbed or Dubbed| I watch dubbed usually
      Your nickname/name we can refer to you by| caitlin or c-will
      How far are you into the anime/manga?| finished naruto, and shippuden. still need to read the manga, I have a few though
      How crazy for Naruto are you on a scale 1-10?| 10, one of the biggest brainrots rn

i haven't been on cs in probably a year+, but I decided to try it again and saw the naruto forum, so hello!

Howdy and Welcome, my dear!

Nice to see someone who likes Sai; I feel like he kinda gets forgotten most of the time, or at least the the fandom largely shares team 7's early opinions of him.
I'm gonna be a bit lame and say my favorite filler was the one with Sasuke and the ninja cats. although tbh any filler that felt more like a feel-good insight to all their dynamics is fun for me.
You should definitely read the manga. There's plenty of things that get lost in translation between it and the anime, though of course this comes with a slight warning that the manga is....darker, for lack of the censorship needed for TV. Unfortunately I don't have a web source on hand for reading it anymore, but perhaps one of our dear friends will resurface with one?

We try to keep a steady pace, or are trying to at least. Feel free to jump in on anything we've been mentioning lately or even bring up something from a while back. Like i've said before, there's plenty to talk about with 72 volumes worth of content. xD

My Dragon Cave Thread
Chicken Smoothie

Flight Rising
Eldemore
Beast Keeper
Wajas

**Lioden

Noni Gailin Ayrenin~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Noni Gailin Ayrenin~ » Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:56 pm

*Hi I would like to post art improvement from the OC a couple posts up;*

Baby Suna' got a glow up, that is all.

My Dragon Cave Thread
Chicken Smoothie

Flight Rising
Eldemore
Beast Keeper
Wajas

**Lioden

Noni Gailin Ayrenin~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me