Thrifting Club

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Thrifting Club

Postby Leanonom » Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:28 am

Book marking this because I LOVE thrifting! I go thrifting almost every payday xD
~Pet Collection Project~
I'm currently collecting all 2015 pets in memory of a loved one that I lost on 2/21/15. Thank you.

dreamies;
UR Peach Image
Happy Pride!
[b]Pet's name:
This User Is Pansexual! <3
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie![/b]
Leanonom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wolfycat101 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:10 pm

Camaron wrote:I have a little local thrift store in my area. If I disclosed the name, it would probably give away where I live, so I will not say that!

But, I always find such good things there, and for very cheap as well. All of the proceeds go to the disability center next door, so it makes me feel good to shop there.

Well anyways, one of these past few times that I have gone, I found a jacket on sale for only $2. For context, every week they have a new sale, like BOGO of a select category of clothes, shoes, or furniture, or every piece of clothing is 4/$1. Really good deals. BUT, I ended up looking the brand up - "Woolrich" - and all of their stuff retails for on average for like $450-$1,000+. I was so happy, not even going to lie. It is an amazing jacket. But that was my best find thus far, though I have found dresses, etc., that retail for well over $200 or so dollars.

I love thrifting! :)

Oh this sounds absolutely lovely, we love good causes and good thrift spots! Especially during the cold season jackets (especially one like you found) are a must, and so fun to give a new purpose to, so sounds like a steal ;>

I found a Goodwill near me that does a similar BOGO deal apparently, when I went it was stuffed animals. Spent about $3 on 4 plushies ranging from a Zygarde Cell plush for my PKM collection to a torn up vintage flower-patterned dog plush that I'm currently re-crafting lol, may post images when I'm done!

huskyhiccups wrote:
    Oh my goodness! Hello fellow thrifters! <3
    I love to go thrifting, especially with my mom, aunt, and cousins.

My mom recently bought me this horse statue. Retail value was $ 30, she got it for $4! She was super dusty and had her horn broken off. I've given her a deep clean and plan to sculpt her a new horn and give her a fresh coat of paint.
    IMG 1 & IMG 2

Almost my entire closet is thrifted. I don't buy many items other than clothes, honestly. But I'll try to find some pics of my most beloved items and post them here. :)
    Also, one of my local thrift stores donates all of their earnings to our local humane society! Idk how they pay their bills, but that's my favorite place to go since it's for such a good cause!

It's so sweet when you have people you love also into thrifting, it's a very easy connector between people it seems! Also, that horse is gorgeous with that fresh paint!!! I hope you post the final unicorn :))

It's always so nice and fun to find figures and little statues (especially horses). My mom made a huge collection of thrifted swans many years ago. We've moved on and she got rid of most of them but whenever I see a swan it warms my heart <3

Leanonom wrote:Book marking this because I LOVE thrifting! I go thrifting almost every payday xD

I really need to go again, at least after a deep clean for more stuff to donate lol
Also welcome! Glad to see many new faces and hopefully more life on this form!!!
(I may not stay so so active but always nice to chat now and then :)
Wolfycat101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aerospiders » Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:14 pm

I LOVE thrifting!! I found basically my entire CD / record collection at thrift stores (excluding some stuff I bought at music stores) and I think two of my favorite record finds is a Warren Zevon record I got (fav artist!!) and a record of Big Brother & The Holding Company's self titled album that has cover art that's hard to find online! I also got a CD from GoodWill today of American Standard by Seven Mary Three!
Jay ☢ mega nerd ☢ punk + metalhead ☢ honorary emo
Last.FM Listography
Image ImageImageImage Image Image
♫ "Stand and Deliver, your money or your life!" ♫

STAMP CRED IN ORDER: Nelkoreth, RetroSoulGirl, KikiLime, dA--bogeyman, G0REH0UND, TimeyMarey007
Aerospiders

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me