lock this thread

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: The Autism Club ∞

Postby DizzyGlitchez » Sat Apr 29, 2023 12:14 am

steamycottoncandy wrote:haihai!!!! my name is rooks, aka the silliest creature that ever roamed the interwebs!!!
ive been diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder for like 10 years at this point? i dont know i may be pretty off, my memory is fuzzy
i am an agender neogirl, and xeno/neogenders play a pretty large role in my overall identity!! im also otherkin, mainly fictkin
a few of my current interests are club penguin, splatoon (spin ever since the first game came out!!!), cats, old internet stuff, pokemon, and pizza tower! i love all my interests dearly
a few of my main stims involve me biting stuff, makin lil cat noises, and repeating phrases/noises i think sound funny -- one of the most common ones being a yippee :]]]
i kinda suck at the whole introduction thing but i still hope i can find some cool people here!!

Ayy, another Club Penguin fan! Welcome!!
DizzyGlitchez

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby churrnobyl » Tue May 02, 2023 5:22 am

hello cs autism nation

^^ click me

Hi there I'm Swiss and I do bite ⋆ any prns

churrnobyl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gallifrey » Tue May 02, 2023 5:35 am

Hi, I’m Gallifrey/Helsing and my pronouns are He/They. I’m an adult person who has been formally diagnosed with ASD for several years now. It’s been one heck of a ride living with this and I’m glad to see a support group exists on here. I’m semi-verbal (basically this means that while I can talk and do, some situations and stimuli will take that ability away from me) and very sensitive to loud noises. I cannot recognize voice tone and have recently learned that a thing called tone tags exist! I’d love to learn more about those. I have a couple speech quirks, such as copying things I hear without realizing it, stuttering and mixing words together. I also tend to use odd expressions and cannot understand text abbreviations.

I enjoy stim toys; especially chewys, soft things, and music. One of my self soothing behaviors is to hum or whistle quietly to myself, and another common one is to chew my piercings (snakebites).

Main stims at the moment are gently tugging at my hair, tapping (my feet and fingers), rocking, humming, chewing things and hand flailing.

My Special Interests are Star Trek, Writing, Horses and Horse Riding, Old Disney Movies, Animals (Especially Cats!!), Archeology, Pirates, and Vampires.

My current hyperfixations are Anime, Slime Rancher, The color yellow, Sea Shanties, My Fluffy One (My cat) and Skyrim.
Last edited by Gallifrey on Tue May 02, 2023 9:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gallifrey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby froggiefatale » Tue May 02, 2023 12:12 pm

hellllooooo evfurrybody! i am froggie, i am obsessed with fnaf, cats (purrticularly calicos), and social work/library science!!!
uhm my stims ig are like, meowing, nya-ing, making little cat paws, rocking and the flapping of the hands. also bangin my hand against my chest. would love to have chewlry bclaws i tear EVERYTHING apart! currently i just have a resin tooth i chew on alot.
also i love 2 make new furiends so pls feel free 2 hmu! or send a trade!
honestly not sure if im doing this whole introductions right, but!!! yay i am done. have a lovely day evfurry1, nya!Image
I LOVE all cats!!!!!!!Imagethey/them
pets page!
Image~your collars green, i can see it in the air,
not what you seem, i promise i dont care!~Image
froggiefatale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby another eternity » Sun May 28, 2023 8:32 pm

ive noticed that when im actually alone, ive been letting myself stim more? lots of swaying and flappy hands, esp during video game playthroughs, and even though its only when im in my room, its nice that it's become more..normal for me? :")

also!! im finally getting to play a lot of fangames for one of my biiggg special interests (yume nikki), a lot of them are notoriously hard to get to work right on computers but there's a host site (with permission!) with a looottt of the games and im having so much fun, i forgot what it was like to not know where everything is and to try to find secrets and go as deep as you can go. it's fun when you get deep into a dream and end up walking out a door that leads to the very beginning of the game that you didn't even go in through

also hiiiii everyone hi!

froggiefatale wrote:hellllooooo evfurrybody! i am froggie, i am obsessed with fnaf, cats (purrticularly calicos), and social work/library science!!!
uhm my stims ig are like, meowing, nya-ing, making little cat paws, rocking and the flapping of the hands. also bangin my hand against my chest. would love to have chewlry bclaws i tear EVERYTHING apart! currently i just have a resin tooth i chew on alot.
also i love 2 make new furiends so pls feel free 2 hmu! or send a trade!
honestly not sure if im doing this whole introductions right, but!!! yay i am done. have a lovely day evfurry1, nya!Image

oh library science my beloved...it's def a dream of mine i think to work at a library (no handling money :") and quieter..) as i volunteered in my schools' ones a lot; it's such a shame though that here at least even to be an aid you need a degree. like i get why but also i dont orz. and making cat paws and kneading them around is so funnnn!

Gallifrey wrote:Hi, I’m Gallifrey/Helsing and my pronouns are He/They. I’m an adult person who has been formally diagnosed with ASD for several years now. It’s been one heck of a ride living with this and I’m glad to see a support group exists on here. I’m semi-verbal (basically this means that while I can talk and do, some situations and stimuli will take that ability away from me) and very sensitive to loud noises. I cannot recognize voice tone and have recently learned that a thing called tone tags exist! I’d love to learn more about those. I have a couple speech quirks, such as copying things I hear without realizing it, stuttering and mixing words together. I also tend to use odd expressions and cannot understand text abbreviations.

I enjoy stim toys; especially chewys, soft things, and music. One of my self soothing behaviors is to hum or whistle quietly to myself, and another common one is to chew my piercings (snakebites).

Main stims at the moment are gently tugging at my hair, tapping (my feet and fingers), rocking, humming, chewing things and hand flailing.

My Special Interests are Star Trek, Writing, Horses and Horse Riding, Old Disney Movies, Animals (Especially Cats!!), Archeology, Pirates, and Vampires.

My current hyperfixations are Anime, Slime Rancher, The color yellow, Sea Shanties, My Fluffy One (My cat) and Skyrim.

hi hi! star trek is such a fun series, im still working my way through the next generation; im so close to actually finishing i just don't want it to end at the same time :")
horses are also great, they were a Major interest of mine and sometimes it still rears it's head (not that im complaining, it's so fun to still be able to recognize breeds immediately!)
also older disney movies are my favourites too, especially 101 dalmations and the aristocats, which i just realized this year influenced my music taste so heavily haha. id love to know your favourite old disney movies, are they older than mine? :0 and what do you write as well? i dabble in poetry sometimes :)
hiii, im not around all the time,
but i try to hop on for monthly drops and events.
im chronically ill, so i may not seem all there, but i dont bite! hard.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

another eternity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TherealDeception » Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:47 am

Hi I’m Deception I am Autistic but we haven’t figured out what kind yet. I also have photosensitive epilepsy adhd odd cptsd clinical insomnia an eating disorder and anxiety because my bio mom was an idiot while pregnant luckily some of the stuff has gone dormant or is on its way to it like my odd ed and my epilepsy is on its way to dormant
I am currently still figuring out my identity but currently identify as a lesbian demigirl
I also like doing art but kinda suck at anything involving color
I also have a sailboat(Hughes 40 staysail ketch) and race during the summer
Attachments
IMG_0652.jpeg
IMG_0652.jpeg (36.45 KiB) Viewed 93 times
TherealDeception

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Meoauniaea » Sat Jul 08, 2023 5:12 am

Miss Nikki, my beloved first service dog

Hi, I'm Tobias or Tobi. I'm autistic and probably fall somewhere between mid and high functioning.

About me and how autism affects my life:
  • I'm an adult autist who requires living support but is mostly independent.
  • I'm capable of living in my own space, doing pet care, and driving.
  • I need help cleaning and maintaining order.
  • I cannot hold down a traditional job due to my autism and some comorbidities.
  • I am mostly verbal, but when stressed can be semi-verbal or nonverbal for short time periods.
  • I don't stim often, but my main ones are leg jiggling, tearing at my fingers, and shaking my head side to side. I mostly stim when I am alone due to societal pressures.

About my autism service dog:
  • I use a deaf alert and autism support service dog, Lilypad/Paddy.
  • If you see me say "guide dog", that is because in my state in the US deaf alert dogs are considered guide dogs.
  • She is a husky and pit mix. (Any breed of dog can be a service dog in the US.)
  • She can help me by doing various tasks, but her autism related tasks include DPT (Deep Pressure Therapy, basically laying on me), guiding me when I'm overloaded to a safe space, tactile engagement (where she actively seeks to engage me during episodes), blocking (preventing people from coming too close), and routine maintenance (encouraging me to do things at specific times, including going to bed, feeding herself and the cat, and going for walks). These tasks all help me function daily.
  • She is public access trained, going with me into places like grocery stores or to events.
  • We are able to do sports together; if you've seen her mentioned in other threads I often reference canicross, a sport where she pulls me as I run. This helps me maintain fitness goals and is fun. We are also looking into other dog sports we can do togetherr.
  • I previously had a black chow for autism support and deaf alert, who retired. That would be Miss Nikki, a black chow chow.

My special interests!
  • Genetics, especially pigmentation genetics. I have a strong interest in canine pigmentation and health genetics.
  • Virtual Pet Games. It's hard to find a site I've not used in the last.... seventeen? years? since I started playing virtual pet games. I change my username often so if you don't recognize me I'm not even surprised.
  • Trains. They're really cool. My favorite part about my current apartment is that there's an active rail line half a mile or one kilometer away, and I can hear them at night when I go to sleep. It's really cool to walk down there and watch them. Also, tracks cross many parts of town, so I often get to see them when going almost anywhere.
  • Crochet. I only learned how to do it last year, and I've been really enjoying it. I'm preparing to start on a Tunisian Crochet blanket in a few weeks, that's going to be a variegated teal color! (Yarn is Bernat Baby Blanket in Teal Dreams, for my fellow yarnaholics out there.) I'm just waiting for my new longer Tunisian crochet hooks to come in to start it. Also, the entire reason I got into crochet was because someone told my stepmother I crocheted (I actually knitted) and she offered me two bags of yarn she found when she bought some storage containers. I said yes, because yarn is expensive. I thought she meant walmart bags... she meant fifty five gallon trash bags. For my non-Americans, that's four hundred and sixteen liters of yarn. Yes, I'm serious. I had to learn to crochet to start using it faster. Joke's on stepmom, now I love crochet and I've spent hundreds on tools and hooks, lol!
  • Model horses. I have over three hundred and fifty of them, mostly breyer, mostly 1:32 or 1:64 scale. I absolutely love them and am learning to customize them and make tack now.
  • Dog harnesses. I see them and I buy them and to be honest my service dog has more outfits than I do. She owns a raincoat and I do not...
  • Musical Instruments. I own a piano, a kalimba, and a stylophone. I'd like to get a hand pan and a tongue drum eventually. I'm deaf/HoH so I'm not much of a musician but it's fun to play with the sounds. It's kind of a stim of its own.
  • Dice. My house has dice everywhere. I have more than sixty five sets of DND dice if not closer to one hundred now. I like the shapes. If you've seen my oekaki work, you might realize that I use them to roll for the genetics I use for the horses!
  • Sparkly pens. but who doesn't love a good sparkly pen?
  • Plushies. They're so soft. I've been having to walk away from Squishmallows because obsessions but I do have three!!

You can call me Hadley, that's fine too.
How to say my username (and the meaning)
Toyhou.se || Flight Rising || Pixpet || Final Outpost || PFQ
Discord: redfailhawk

Lilypad won her AKC CGC title on 10/18/23!
Lilypad won her CGCA title on 11/8/23!

NaNoWriMo Winner:
2018-2019-2020-2021-2022-2023
Meoauniaea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LEGENDAR » Sat Jul 08, 2023 5:50 am

Meoauniaea wrote:
  • I use a deaf alert and autism support service dog, Lilypad/Paddy.
  • If you see me say "guide dog", that is because in my state in the US deaf alert dogs are considered guide dogs.
  • She is a husky and pit mix. (Any breed of dog can be a service dog in the US.)
  • She can help me by doing various tasks, but her autism related tasks include DPT (Deep Pressure Therapy, basically laying on me), guiding me when I'm overloaded to a safe space, tactile engagement (where she actively seeks to engage me during episodes), blocking (preventing people from coming too close), and routine maintenance (encouraging me to do things at specific times, including going to bed, feeding herself and the cat, and going for walks). These tasks all help me function daily.
  • She is public access trained, going with me into places like grocery stores or to events.
  • We are able to do sports together; if you've seen her mentioned in other threads I often reference canicross, a sport where she pulls me as I run. This helps me maintain fitness goals and is fun. We are also looking into other dog sports we can do togetherr.
  • I previously had a black chow for autism support and deaf alert, who retired. That would be Miss Nikki, a black chow chow.

wow, this was very informative! thank you for sharing! I’d love to have a dog to help me like that.
hey, i’m legendar! I’m trying to get back into cs after a few months, so if you have some last may pets to spare, feel free to hit me up!

Rose
LEGENDAR

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MishaChu » Sat Jul 08, 2023 6:15 am

oh its nice to see a thread like this <3

anyways uh hi im Misha, I got diagnosed with autism when I was a toddler and I never knew I was autistic for a whole decade straight. I also have pretty severe ARFID too, there are just some foods I outright avoid and don't want to see people eat in front of me (do not eat apples in front of me, I will gag >.> why is it crunchy?? Fruit isn't supposed to be crunchy!!!!) but my parents believed (and still do) that I'm just a really picky eater, they've tried to "treat" my picky eating when I was a kid and it only ended up traumatizing me a bit and I think it worsened my disorder (sorry if traumatized is not the appropriate word here, I'm just not sure how else to describe it..)

Plushies are a huge comfort item of mine and guess what... my parents don't like it either. They keep telling me to sell/get rid of some even though 1. its not harming anybody and 2. i'm not impulsively buying every plushie I see and putting my bank account in the red.

some of my special interests are pokemon, trading cards, roleplaying, 80s music, dress up games (i.e love nikki and life makover) and... eurovision XD
"𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖎𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕳𝖊𝖗𝖒𝖊𝖘 𝖎𝖘 𝖒𝖞 𝖓𝖆𝖒𝖊..."
ImageImageImageImage
MishaChu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Meoauniaea » Sat Jul 08, 2023 9:02 am

LEGENDAR wrote:
Meoauniaea wrote:
{snip}

wow, this was very informative! thank you for sharing! I’d love to have a dog to help me like that.

Some programs do offer them! However, programs who do this tend to focus on less verbal and lower functioning autistics, rather than mid or high functioning autists. Most programs also do not offer dogs to adults, and I've run into that repeatedly; they focus on children only.

Mine is owner trained, but seems to naturally do a few of these tasks specifically tactile engagement and blocking. This is my second time training a service dog for myself who passed training (did have a dog fail for medical reasons in between them.)

You can call me Hadley, that's fine too.
How to say my username (and the meaning)
Toyhou.se || Flight Rising || Pixpet || Final Outpost || PFQ
Discord: redfailhawk

Lilypad won her AKC CGC title on 10/18/23!
Lilypad won her CGCA title on 11/8/23!

NaNoWriMo Winner:
2018-2019-2020-2021-2022-2023
Meoauniaea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me