||Very Rare Hoarders|| V.3 || Open for Posting!

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: ||Very Rare Hoarders|| V.3 || Open for Posting!

Postby Jacob » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:51 pm

Oh wow I never knew this thread existed! I’m excited to see everyone’s hoards and already super impressed by all the hoards I’m seeing right now!

Anyways, I’ve only recently started hoarding in general and decided my first hoard would be White Febs after receiving a bulk trade that included 3 of them. After about a month and a half I’m at about 15 and still growing! I hope to hit maybe 50 by the end of the year but that depends on if I can find that many haha.

Here’s one of them and I also forgot to mention that I’m also going for kind of a item hoard with them too so we’ll see how that goes too haha.
🐍 CS' #1 Snake Lover! Hoard: 27173 [Goal: 30000] 🐍
Image Image Image
✨🎊✨ You have collected every pet ever released!! ✨🎉✨
🎊 You've collected at least 15000 different pets! 🎉
🎂 12-27-2023
Jacob

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Targaryen » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:09 am

Finally got around to updating all of the submissions I got! I decided to split store pets & regular very rare hoards due to the special nature of store pets but also so that I could include any main-list, september list and advent list store pets in one specific place as they're bound to move upwards at some point - it'd make more sense to maintain them in a separate category.

If you are missing from the list, you have either not sent the form to be by PM as requested or I have accidentally missed you, if so - please give me a nudge and copy+paste your form for me. I'm a big numpty, so that's not unlikely.

Also, let me know if there are any issues with your position on the list so I can rectify that immediately!

I'm glad to see so many people getting active, so many new faces and I'm most importantly happy to see the relief that we're reviving this thread. I am too. It's lovely to have a warm and active community to support VR hoarding when so many seem against it.
Targaryen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Birdy » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:29 am

Targaryen wrote:Finally got around to updating all of the submissions I got! I decided to split store pets & regular very rare hoards due to the special nature of store pets but also so that I could include any main-list, september list and advent list store pets in one specific place as they're bound to move upwards at some point - it'd make more sense to maintain them in a separate category.

If you are missing from the list, you have either not sent the form to be by PM as requested or I have accidentally missed you, if so - please give me a nudge and copy+paste your form for me. I'm a big numpty, so that's not unlikely.

Also, let me know if there are any issues with your position on the list so I can rectify that immediately!

I'm glad to see so many people getting active, so many new faces and I'm most importantly happy to see the relief that we're reviving this thread. I am too. It's lovely to have a warm and active community to support VR hoarding when so many seem against it.

(pssst I think my BA hoard should be under September List Hoards c:)

This looks great, Targ! I'm definitely super excited to see this thread up and running, and it's great to interact with other VR hoarders again!
ImageImage
sig art by Panya/.wafflecat.
Birdy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MOVED !!! » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:36 am

Haven't been too into hoarding lately, bit busy + trying to get my stock up, but I've found this thread very interesting and seeing the hoards very inspiring, - it's amazing how much time you dedicate into these hoards, especially when the pets are dressed-up or have names!! .. and with that being said, I personally think being against any sort of rare hoard is stupid, the point of this game is to collect pets. - If these people didn't care about the pets they were hoarding, they wouldn't bother spending time with them. (dressing up, naming, being proud of them!) :!: ... "only hoard common pets >:c!!" = gatekeeping = isn't fun in my opinion :(

I'm a non-member with a question!
How do you get started ??
I don't really have a flight rising, and barely go on there since I don't really get the jist of it.
(feed dragons, play games, go to the arcade? sell off babies now and then??)
but yea :0c
I can put in the time, but I'm not the best with trading yet and I don't know where to start. :/
MOVED !!!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LissaJo » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:57 am

Hrlvos wrote:Haven't been too into hoarding lately, bit busy + trying to get my stock up, but I've found this thread very interesting and seeing the hoards very inspiring, - it's amazing how much time you dedicate into these hoards, especially when the pets are dressed-up or have names!! .. and with that being said, I personally think being against any sort of rare hoard is stupid, the point of this game is to collect pets. - If these people didn't care about the pets they were hoarding, they wouldn't bother spending time with them. (dressing up, naming, being proud of them!) :!: ... "only hoard common pets >:c!!" = gatekeeping = isn't fun in my opinion :(

I don't really have a flight rising, and barely go on there since I don't really get the jist of it.
I can put in the time, but I'm not the best with trading yet and I don't know where to start. :/

I have found offsite trading to be fundamental to my list hoards.. especially if you are spending real money.. buying pets for fr gems is easier than buying pets for C$

If you don't want to play FR, the best strategy I have found is to gather items (pick one area and level it up.. some of the rare drops needed for baldwin's can sell for quite a bit), melt stuff in baldwin's to sell, breed your dragons (if you get enough money, you can just keep your starter dragons fed, then buy ready to breed dragons at fodder price and breed them, feed them once in the middle of nesting to stay over 80% and maintain gathering bonus.. then sell parents at fodder price again, make sure you buy enough space to hold new breeding pairs and the babies until they get to be adults -they sell for like 2x as much so it's worth the space investment.. and just repeat)

If any of that makes sense lol..

And people have the not true opinion that hoarders make it harder to obtain the rarer pets.. whether 1 person has 100 or 100 people have 1 locked away in a NFT folder, it still means the pets arent out there to obtain (and honestly i have found that sometimes hoarders are more willing to part with one of their pets vs people who only have 1)
LissaJo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby softpaw » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:17 am

Hrlvos wrote:Haven't been too into hoarding lately, bit busy + trying to get my stock up, but I've found this thread very interesting and seeing the hoards very inspiring, - it's amazing how much time you dedicate into these hoards, especially when the pets are dressed-up or have names!! .. and with that being said, I personally think being against any sort of rare hoard is stupid, the point of this game is to collect pets. - If these people didn't care about the pets they were hoarding, they wouldn't bother spending time with them. (dressing up, naming, being proud of them!) :!: ... "only hoard common pets >:c!!" = gatekeeping = isn't fun in my opinion :(

The best advice I could give is just start a hoard and stick to it! When I started my hoard in 2012 I certainly didn't have any fodder or anything, but just keeping with it over the years has paid off immensely.

I'd say the hardest part is actually getting started as silly as that sounds!
softpaw

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Birdy » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:47 am

geometry wrote:

The best advice I could give is just start a hoard and stick to it! When I started my hoard in 2012 I certainly didn't have any fodder or anything, but just keeping with it over the years has paid off immensely.

I'd say the hardest part is actually getting started as silly as that sounds!

I agree with this fully! It's entirely possible to have a very rare or even list hoard without doing off-site trades. I did turn to that for a little while for my advent hoard, but none of my black advents were achieved through off-site trades and I'm not active on FR at all.

My biggest advice is to have patience. It's something that I, myself, struggle with but it really does pay off. Even if it seems like nobody is willing to do the trade(s), keep at it. Someone, somewhere, will come along. Also, try to pay attention to the current "economy" on cs. Stay updated with auctions, values, and what people seem to currently be after. Knowing what the people you're trading with want and what things are worth can give you a big advantage. c:
ImageImage
sig art by Panya/.wafflecat.
Birdy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby houndoom » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:23 am

What Very Rare/OMGSR pets do you currently hoard?
FINALLY i feel so nostalgic for this thread. as most people probably (likely) (100%) already know i live breathe and collect bmds.
i also have a side hoard of the fluffy 2018 store alien pps!! cant escape the fluff!!
Why do you hoard them and when did you start?
honestly? i probably started somewhere around late 2011, early 2012. they are the reason i joined cs after all.
Did the rarity overhaul unintentionally grant you some 'Very Rare' or 'OMGSR' hoards?
mmmm not really (thank god) but it did cap some previously uc hoards which are now rare. good for them haha
Is there any Very Rare pet that you would like to hoard but for some other reason cannot, whether it be fodder or availability?
yeah. non list wise the shima white wolf. i only managed to get two ;; they are super hard to find, but they remind me of my late dog, Joy. i cant take them off my wishlist for that reason. id love to get 10 of them.
list wise, the cookie advent (though im sure there are too many hoarders out there) and going even higher,i had a brief point hoarding red rose dogs. they are very beautiful : - )

Xxxx
lance | they/them
───────────────────────────
it's all we need to get better!
───────────────────────────
fr | bestie | sig art credit
houndoom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Targaryen » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:29 am

People have mostly already said what I would tell you to help you start hoarding but I would highly suggest building up from small commons to rares and then list pets to get fodder for hoards. :) You can do that through C$ or quantity trades - people LOVE to overpay for quantity so it wouldn't be too hard to get yourself up there! But, patience is key! And as, The Pirate said - you need to keep a wary eye over the trading economy of CS to take full advantage of it.

In other hoard news for myself, I was thinking of temporarily culling some CEGs again in order to maximise my trading fodder and (eventually) get more than what I had to begin with. I'm at a steady five for the moment which I'm keeping and then later on in the year or in the next few months I can hopefully get to 15 or 20 with the new fodder I'll get.

It's something that I do quite regularly - trade for a few, end up trading some off and then maximising what I can get because of smart trading with fodder. You have to go backwards to go forwards, I suppose should be my motto!

I had 11 until recently, sold two for FR and gifted one to someone who had been ninja'd. I then slapped three in my trading group and one of which started off my brand new list hoard accidentally, haha. I really do think liquidating my hoard at times has helped me a lot. It hurts a bit but I was able to go from 1 non value to over 20 in the space of six months just by savvy trading and sticking with this method.

Now, I've accidentally accumulated more than a few of these babies and they're some of my favourite dogs on the site... so I guess I just can't give them up again.
ImageImageImage

Thankfully, they're fairly low list so they shouldn't be a problem getting more of besides from their good demand. That being said, I don't think I'll actively focus on progressing it like I would with my CEGs.
Targaryen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MOVED !!! » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:37 am

Thanks for all the advice guys, hopefully one day I can get a VR hoard. :)
I'd love to get these as a hoard;
Black Dutch Bun & Grey Dutch Bun
ImageImage
or the cobweb bun!
MOVED !!!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me