Markiplier Fanclub v.2

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Markiplier Fanclub v.2 || open!

Postby Zeee » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:52 am

Chaosin wrote:*slinks in*
Hi everyone! I'm Chaosin. I eat Breadfish so I'm here to stay.

waow

----

Have you ever attended any of the charity livestreams?
i was a little late to the mark party, so no. i just became a fan of his not too long ago, and since then i dont think there has been any charity livestreams. my laptop is also poop and cant handle livestreams.

Have you ever donated to a charity that was in a livestream?
no lol ;_; i wish i had the monies and the attention span to attend a livestream.

Do you ever plan to go to a convention to meet Mark and the gang?
i=fbf9eqfhbehfohiehoiweghoi im cryin bcus i want to so bad but i has no monies to fly/drive anywhere. im always really tight for money so i cant really spend it on things like that, sadly, but watching his videos is enough. plus as far as i know pretty much all conventions/events that yt's go to are in the us, of course there are some in other places but yeah. and i dont live in the usa lol, or the uk or anything where most events go on. especially when ppl do events in canada theyre usually in toronto or big cities, which im never in lol.

i also have a few ton of questions, just wondering if anyone feels the same lol. and just cause im curious to see your guys' answers!

Code: Select all
[b]Have you ever... *gasp* disliked Markiplier?[/b]

[b]Do you like Mark's story-based gameplays, or the short funny/horror games more?[/b]

[b]Does Mark inspire you? If yes, explain why. If no, explain why not.[/b]

[b]How do you feel about Mark's more serious videos? Do they speak to you, do they hold a special place in your heart? Have you ever cried over one of his more serious videos or gameplays, such as [i]The Static Speaks My Name[/i]?[/b]

[b]Why do you like Mark's videos?
*similar q to the "favorite thing about him" i guess but ye, this is specifically his videos, not him[/b]

[b]How do you feel when people talk badly about Mark's videos? What do you say/think in reply?[/b]

[b]What is one word you'd use to describe Mark?[/b]

*and of course ill answer my own questions*

Have you ever... *gasp* disliked Markiplier?
*shuns myself* yes. tbh i used to hate his videos bcus i thought he was "just another pewdiepie" because all i could ever hear was him yelling, but then my sister made me watch his fnaf videos with her. i liked em more when i wasnt just listening to the audio haha and thats when i checked out his other videos and started to appreciate his channel.

Do you like Mark's story-based gameplays, or the short funny/horror games more?
it depends on my mood personally, but normally i like short funny/horror games because my attention span is bad lol

Does Mark inspire you? If yes, explain why. If no, explain why not.
yes. hes been through a lot, like most people, and even though hes still human and probably still feels sad from time to time, he still continues to consistently put out videos for his fans. he inspires me to keep going ^v^

How do you feel about Mark's more serious videos? Do they speak to you, do they hold a special place in your heart? Have you ever cried over one of his more serious videos or gameplays, such as The Static Speaks My Name?
i really like his serious videos. i came close to crying over tssmn not because it was actually raw sadness, but just because its very eerily sad and just one of those games that really punches you in the heart. and very close to crying over mark's reaction to the ending of presentable liberty because he seemed so defeated and all that ;-; as well as just his subscriber videos really get to me, it shows us that he genuinely cares for all of his fans despite him having so many of them. most of the videos dont necessarily hold a place in my heart because with games like tssmn, i dont really relate (im so sorry if you do, though) so i cant really feel the pain that some people do when they watch that game. but they still get to me.

Why do you like Mark's videos?
*similar q to the "favorite thing about him" i guess but ye, this is specifically his videos, not him

he has a little something for everyone. story-based games, long videos, short videos, horror games, weird games, fun games, as well as an irl video from time to time. he really gets into his games, you can tell from watching presentable liberty that he takes it very seriously unlike some youtubers and he puts himself in the game like it was real life so we can have just his pure reactions to it.

How do you feel when people talk badly about Mark's videos? What do you say/think in reply?
most people, not to be rude, dont have valid arguments about his videos... all they say is "oh hes just another pewds" "his reactions are so fake" "he just screams all the time its not funny." 1) pewds and him are very similar, but theyre not the same. they both play similar games (theyre both kinda known for horror i guess), they both are loud and scream a lot. k? so what? im not sure if this is 100% true because i stopped watching pewds a little while ago, but im sure pewds doesnt have a ton of serious gameplays other than his heavily story-based gameplays, which sometimes he doesnt take seriously either (which isnt necessarily a bad thing). theyre both good people though and theres really no reason to compare them to eachother or call them the same because when you go in depth they are very different people. mark has a very different reaction to serious games, or even games in general. 2) you cant actually tell if theyre fake or not... and most people say this on fnaf videos and its like. do u even know mark bro? 3) watch his serious videos and you wouldnt say that. i dont mind awfully because everyone has their own opinion, but i just dislike when they use the same argument over and over. if they simply say "hes just not my type of youtuber" id understand because i felt that way for a while, back when i was just another annoying person who hated him because he screamed a lot (until i actually got into his other videos lol). and yknow, running a yt channel with that many subscribers isnt an easy job. people would think its the easiest thing but rly? hes trying to please people and i hate people that cant just walk away. youre free to give your opinion and all but he works hard and most people dont appreciate that which is sad. liek. what if i came to your house that you spent years working on, and all i said was "its trash, it looks like any other house. take it down and rebuild it just for me because i dont like it and other people dont too, despite the dislike/like ratio being in favors of likes. i dont like it so take it down." thats similar to what people say with all yts. and its sad.

What is one word you'd use to describe Mark?
precious

EDIT: ONE MORE

[b]Have you ever connected with Mark on a personal level? Without breaking site rules, and if you're comfortable with explaining, of course, tell us about it. Which video did you connect with? Or was it something he said on a livestream, or a tweet, or anything of the sort.[/b]

Have you ever connected with Mark on a personal level? Without breaking site rules, and if you're comfortable with explaining, of course, tell us about it. Which video did you connect with? Or was it something he said on a livestream, or a tweet, or anything of the sort.
i cant say it was on a personal level, but when he plays sad games i feel his pain, which is a similar thing. him being so immersed in the gameplay makes me immersed, and i feel like im actually playing it while watching someone else play it. inception, basically. the way he speaks... he conveys sad emotions very well and sometimes i feel the pain on a personal level, but i cant say i relate to most of the games he plays, haha.

EDIT TWO: ANOTHER BECAUSE WHY NOT

[b]To lighten the mood a little bit, show us your favorite happy gif or picture of Mark! [strike]No sad gifs or pictures that will make me cri eri tiem, you hear me, HP Fan?![/strike][/b]

To lighten the mood a little bit, show us your favorite happy gif or picture of Mark! No sad gifs or picturesthat will make me cri eri tiem, you hear me, HP Fan?!

lol
feelsjoelman
Zeee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HP Fan » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:53 am

i've attended at least three. the first one i recall was the one where he was only on for mybe 3 hours and i joined at the end when he said he was leaving because he was sick. i watched one while i was doing a project, and the one with Tyler, Wade, "Bob", and "Mandy". (if you saw it you'll know why bob and mandy are in parentheses)

not yet unfortunately, i haven't had money when he's done it.

yes omg one of many life goals

i love his story-based gameplays.

mark inspires me in two ways:
    1. what he's been through and how he's become a better person for it
    2. what he always tells us, to follow our goals and keep trying

How do you feel about Mark's more serious videos? Do they speak to you, do they hold a special place in your heart? Have you ever cried over one of his more serious videos or gameplays, such as The Static Speaks My Name?
    his 8 million subscriber video and to the moon are the ones i think of for crying

i like that they are longer usually, how he edits... idk there's chlorine in my eyes and its distracting.

How do you feel when people talk badly about Mark's videos? What do you say/think in reply?
    i want to punch them and usually don't say anything because i might attack them

loveable?

To lighten the mood a little bit, show us your favorite happy gif or picture of Mark! No sad gifs or pictures that will make me cri eri tiem, you hear me, HP Fan?!
    i do what I want
    3 gifs
HP Fan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chaosin » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:07 am

Oh yes~! As I said in my form and as HP Fan can confirm: The first time I ever heard Markiplier's voice, I hated him. I thought he was just a muscle-headed idiot in all honesty. All about fitness and being buff. Someone no one could like. *snickers* Boy, was I wrong. That was when I watched him play Worms and Prop Hunt with Pewdiepie.

Story-based. I'm an RPG-gamer at heart, always was and always will be. Though short and funny games are common and are a good pick-me-up, I love seeing him in deeper things.

Yes, every single day. It'd take thirty pages to explain everything so, short and sweet he inspired me to find a love of gaming again and to see the good in people.

Always the serious ones such as Presentable Liberty and The Static Speaks My Name have spoken to me on a very deep level because I've been at a dark point in my life personally and, though I got through it, I know what those feelings are like.

*similar q to the "favorite thing about him" i guess but ye, this is specifically his videos, not him

Mmm... I like them because they are a good pick-me-up and because he's a fantastic guy. He always shows himself to the world, no facade in the way of the camera.

I just shrug it off, honestly. They don't have to like him or his videos. Yet, I do hope they can respect him and what he does.

Everything.

Have you ever connected with Mark on a personal level? Without breaking site rules, and if you're comfortable with explaining, of course, tell us about it. Which video did you connect with? Or was it something he said on a livestream, or a tweet, or anything of the sort.
Oh gosh. *dips head and tucks hair behind ear shyly* I.. Could go on about this question. My answer is yes. If you want to know the answer, because it's weird. Just shoot me a PM. It's super embarrassing.. {It is appropriate, don't worry, but it's super embarrassing and gosh..}

To lighten the mood a little bit, show us your favorite happy gif or picture of Mark! No sad gifs or pictures that will make me cri eri tiem, you hear me, HP Fan?!
Well, you said HP Fan, so not me~
Just kidding. My favorite gifs are in my signature.
Here have this too:

xxxxxxxxxxxxych recolor by Asterlie
m o s t l yx q u i t t i n gx c h i c k e n s m o o t h i e !

I have been on CS since January 2009, and I think it's time to move on.
I have many fond memories and will still love and cherish the characters I've gained
through closed species, auction, etc. They are my family and will not be going anywhere.

Almost all my pets and all my unlocked items are up for trade for artwork, so if
you are an artist and would love to be commissioned, please send me a message!
I am looking for all sorts of art - feral (canine, feline), humanoid, etc. so feel
free to show me your examples and we can work out something! ^^

xxx- With Love,
x xx xxChaosin

xxxxxxxxx
Chaosin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alfor » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:08 am

SO MANY QUESTIONS
    WHAT IS THIS MADNESS? |D

Yep! I've attended at least two so far and they are hilarious.

I didn't have a paypal account at the time so nope *cries 5ever*

I tried to for Indy popcon but I got sick. I hate my luck.

---

No, not really Markiplier himself. If I binge watch his videos too much I'll get a bit bored and take a break from his videos for a while, but that's about it really. Basically don't binge watch something too much lol

I like story-based more because that means more videos and I love series <3

Y E S. SO MUCH YES. He re-sparked my long dead goal to start gaming commentary. Now I have the potential to do it... I just need munies for a desktop hard-drive (why get a monitor when I can use my TV? lol), webcam, headset, mic, and any software I need.... plus games from steam <3

Its a lot harder than you think trying to do gaming commentary.

They really speak to me, but I can't watch some of them because I get too emotional. Oops. The Static Speaks My Name was one I could relate to because holy h*ll... its accurate...

THE 8 MILLION REATION ONE MADE ME CRY WITHIN THE FIRST 2 MINUTES WHOOPS.

I like them because they brighten up my day, even if its only for a few minutes. Plus I have a habit of eating food while watching something... so that's just a plus for me (I have an eating disorder where I'm just not really interested in food).

I feel like most are just ignorant trolls. Nowadays if I reply to one I tell them they get a "you tried" medal lols. Most of the time I ignore them though. They're just attention seeking bigots purposely going to videos/accounts they don't like just to rant about why they hate it so much.

People that don't use their brains properly annoy me.

Sweetheart <3

---

I don't really know...? Other than his "draw my life" where he's had a difficult past. That's one thing I can relate to even though not exactly. I know what its like to be bullied, have parents arguing a lot, end up with crappy friends, etc.

---

im not sorry
Alfor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ShadowOfTheBird » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:26 am

Well, I had my form here for everyone to see as well as PMing it, but HP told me to edit it out :p -.-
Last edited by ShadowOfTheBird on Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

╔══════════════════════╗
Hello! I'm ShadowBird12, but
I'm typically called Shadow
or Bird. I'm just a homesch-
ooled bi girl with way too
much free time on her hands
and anxiety issues. I'm an
avid roleplayer and writer,
as well as anime and cartoon
fan, and when I get into so-
mething I fully obsess over
it. Please keep in mind that
I tend to take things at face
value, and can have trouble
understanding sarcasm unless
it's blatantly obvious; but I
don't bite, so feel free to
talk to me!

●INTJ●Hufflepuff●Introvert●
●Aspie●She/Her●Leo●

©
╚══════════════════════╝
ShadowOfTheBird

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Swishy & Broken » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:57 am

Pops in//
    Don't mind me, I'm a quiet kitten in the corner.
    Also it's time to answer all the questions posed so far.

Well no, I subbed to him when I saw him do a collab with Ken [who I subbed to first]. I didn't have a real opinion on him until he posted one of his videos where he had a box of cheez-its on his head. (Yes, I've been subbed for a really long time) Then I decided he was p cool.

Story-based.

Well not exactly, he's just kinda funny and not really my rolemodel or anything like that. I want to be more like Erin Hunter [All 4 or so of them XD], I can connect better with them so they inspire me more. I don't have like a real reason he doesn't, he just doesn't.

No I'm not one for serious things, I usually skip over them uvu I have to ignore the more serious gameplay videos b/c I cant handle those subjects.

I can see he spends allot of time on the games and he tries to make everyone happy with the different games. The video he posts are usually just p awesome games too and he always posts on time, meaning his takes this seriously

They should have their own opinions, so I'm not anything. I can just say I understand where they are coming from, like I dislike Pew's videos.

Honest.

To lighten the mood a little bit, show us your favorite happy gif or picture of Mark!
    This counts.

I dunno I forget everything so easily 'D

what video's that mark has made/been are your favorites?
    All his spore videos

I watched some of the one where he was selling the PJ pants for the first time.

I wanted to but I hadn't had the money at the time.

Once I get on my feet in the world and buy my own house I will be looking into it.

Swishy & Broken
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HP Fan » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:07 pm

can i ask, does anyone smile when they hear mark laugh the way he did in silly.tiff and sunky.mpeg? ah i love that laugh it makes me want to smile really big <3
    his giggle laugh <3
    (it's better shown in silly)
daredevil has been my life for the past year and a half. please watch it, you wont regret it.

HP Fan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alfor » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:12 pm

it makes me smile for sure c:
    but then my parents get nosy as usual and ask why I'm smiling so I try not to >.>
Alfor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Megaguirus » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:30 pm

Just so you all know, I'm stealing all of those funny Mark gifs, LOL. And I'm not sorry. XD

what video's that mark has made/been are your favorites?
Every single FNaF video.
Every single SCP video.
EnviroBear2000 (I watched him play this game early on in my discovery of him, and it nearly killed me with laughter. First I was a little confused at what he was talking about (I didn't understand his sarcasm), but as the video went on and more funny moments made themselves known, I had to laugh. I laughed so hard that Mom was annoyed at me and asked me to stop. XD)
Slender: The Arrival
All of his sketches.
Draw My Life.
Every single Surgeon Simulator 2013. His raging in some of these videos was priceless. And when the organs or tools would just fly away from him, I broke down into laughter.
And Drunk Minecraft. Just to name a few. XD

Yes, quite a few, actually. I don't stay for them long, though, nor do I really watch them much. I just make sure I watch at least an hour, because I need my daily Mark fix.

No, sadly. I contemplated it, especially that one stream he had on my birthday (his May stream, on the 23rd), but I never did it. Just don't really have the money, and I don't want to donate just one dollar, I want to make it count. It has to be ten dollars or more for me to feel something.

It's my dream, but I doubt it will ever happen for a long while. For two main reasons, one, most conventions are states away from me (I'm just a little ol' Mainer) and two, I don't want to drag my mom to Comic Con or Pax or wherever Mark happens to be. I know she probably won't agree at all with his humor (she's rather humorless to begin with) and I'm also not that social enough to go to a big convention like that. I doubt I'd even be able to approach Mark, or if I did, I'd stutter my brains out, or cry, or both, LOL. Oh, I forgot to add that money is a big factor. Most of these conventions cost a lot, too much for me just to see one amazing guy.

Not really, at least not him personally. There have been some LPs I've never watched because they just didn't interest me or were too boring, but I don't think I've ever disliked him.

I like both equally. They both show different sides of him, both of which I adore completely. The story based ones gives him the ability to show more emotion (To the Moon is brought to mind), but the short funny or horror ones show the scared side of him, or the goofy side of him.

Yes, he inspires me greatly. How he is able to do what he does after the sad things he's gone through just touch me. I've gone through some pretty sad things too (not losing a parent, but still very upsetting, too personal to mention in public). And whenever I begin to doubt myself and my ability to accomplish my goal (to become a published author), I just remember that he could be a bio-medical engineer, and yet he's just sitting at home making a living off of playing video games. That's even more ridiculous than becoming a published author! But he is doing it, and that makes me sure I can accomplish my goal as well.
I'm also inspired by how he's able to touch and change so many people, including me. I've always wanted to touch somebody, make a difference, and I think writing is the way for me to do that. But I probably wouldn't be sticking to it if it weren't for Mark who's making a difference playing video games.

Yes, they do speak to me and they hold a very dear place in my heart. His Draw My Life video was what made me glad I had subbed to him. Because then I knew that he wasn't "just some YouTuber", he was human. As for crying, no, I don't believe I have. Felt teary eyed? Oh yeah. But it is hard to make me cry when it comes to movies or shows or videos, which is strange because I am a very empathic person.

I-I don't know. They're just somehow different than any other videos. maybe it's his manly deep voice, his humor, or the way he takes some games very seriously. His FNaF playthroughs are my go-to choice, even though I have watched others play FNaF (especially when it's just released and he isn't uploading them fast enough). I just like them better, maybe because the fear is real. After all, Mark has always hated mannequins, and animatronics are very similar to those things. I guess, for the short answer, because I find him to be more human, more real. I can spot a faker in an instant (like PewDiePie) and I know Mark's not faking.

A little defensive, a little upset, but nothing too drastic. I take things way too personally and have been trying to not do that as often. I mostly just ignore it, or I don't even see it at all. However, the hating posts I have seen are the ones where people say that he's "changed". Yes, he has changed, but not as drastically as you think. But everybody changes. You can't expect Mark to be the same man he was when he first started his channel three years ago, just as you can't expect me to be the same girl I was three years ago. We grow, we change, we mature, it's a fact of life. If you prefer Mark's older videos, then go ahead, watch them all you like. I, for one, like who Mark is now, much better than who he was before. He's more comfortable now, bolder, heck, even funnier.

Real.

Yes, as I've said previously in the question of if I've been inspired by him, I have. He's gone through rough times, but he is able to do what he loves. Similar to me. And the video I most connected with was the Draw My Life. It's practically engraved in my mind, and I only watched it once.

And now, to increase this plethora of questions, I shall post my own.

[b]When/how/where did you discover Mark?[/b]

And to answer my own question;

When/how/where did you discover Mark?
Oh, boy, do I have a story to tell.
So back in the spring of 2013 we had just moved to a new place. I had also run out of episodes of Whose Line is it Anyway? to binge on. So, I decided to look up the videos and YouTubers my sister showed me back when she was on YouTube. I quickly found Tobuscus and after watching many videos on his main channel, I drifted over to his gaming channel. Here was my first introduction to LetsPlays, and I must say, I was overjoyed. As someone who spent most of her time watching her brother play games instead of playing them herself, this LetsPlay concept was easy for me to accept.
After binge watching Toby's HappyWheels videos, I soon started to see someone other than Tobuscus recommended in the recommended section. At first, I ignored them. I was very wary of looking for different videos because I didn't want to run into anything "inappropriate". Which I knew ran rampant on certain parts of the web. Until, one fateful day, I clicked on the video. After all, YouTube continued to recommend it to me, and I was getting bored of Tobuscus' HappyWheels videos. And that was the day I found sweet old Mark. I think the first video I watch of him was his Ao Oni playthrough, and I was hooked from there. I started only watching his shorter videos, but soon moved up to the longer ones.
I was so blown away by Mark. He seemed different than Tobuscus, a good different. I don't even think I watched all of his videos yet, but I subbed to him. He was the first YouTuber I subscribed to (I didn't want to sub to someone unless I watched all of their videos, I don't know why, I was weird), and I didn't regret it. Because a few days after, he uploaded his Draw My Life. That video made me sure I had made a good choice, and I've been a faithful fan ever since.
I should also add that when I subbed to him he only had around 500,000 subscribers. And while that may not seem too small, my brother didn't think it, it was small to me. After all, I had been watching big name YouTubers like Tobuscus, who had 1,000,000 or more subs.
Last edited by Megaguirus on Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Megaguirus gets distracted by a butterfly. So pretty.

"Go ahead reveal yourself,
As you were born to do,
Their fathers killed the prophets,
Hallelujah! They're going to kill us too."
Children 18:3 - Final

Female/Christian/Homeschooled/INFP/FNaF/Godzilla/Writer/Bugs/Cockroaches/Markiplier
"I'm wearing no disguise, a Jesus Freak 'til the day that I die. And I will not compromise, throw every stone but you can't take my life." 7eventh Time Down - Alive in You
Megaguirus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alfor » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:17 pm

Just letting you know that CS doesn't allow gifs of the animatronic jumpscares.
Alfor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me