✎ CS Book Club ✐

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: ✎ CS Book Club ✐

Postby sweet creature » Wed May 29, 2019 10:14 pm

smellbig wrote:yay! another new member c: welcome! i used to do that reading the end of the book thing too lol

sweet creature; the afterward is a story about how a group of women who saved the world returned to their lives in all parts of the social hierarchy - how the afterward was different from the "before." i reeeaaaally enjoyed it!

it sounds super interesting, i'll look into it!!
sweet creature

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sweet creature » Wed May 29, 2019 10:21 pm

Pyjaks wrote:
sweet creature wrote:
i'll look into grisha a bit more c: is king of scars part of the grisha? i've not heard of it until now cx

KoS is a part of the same universe as Grisha and SoC! It follows one of the side characters of the Grisha trilogy and like I said also features one of the crows. I didn't like KoS as much as SoC but I think the sequel has the potential to be really, really good.

Welcome Eclipse!! I've read Ember and Torch and liked them as well :> !!

i wish bardugo would carry on SoC - there's so much that could have been explored with the characters and oof i love them so much ahha
and welcome Eclipse c: i've not read the series you mentioned, but after seeing what you like about it, it seems really good
sweet creature

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fatcat123 » Wed May 29, 2019 10:24 pm

I want to join the book club!
Username: fatcat123
Pronouns: he him
Your favorite book and/or author: cressida cowell, how to train your dragon
Why is this your favorite?: action packed and a good tounge in cheek laugh
What genres do you like? mystery and fantasy
Fun fact about you: i just counted i have 73 books
Anything else? no not really:
Hi, this is fatcat123. I love to roleplay and play video games. I like doodling and art but not that good anyway yeah welcome to my account and stuff
fatcat123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fairywren » Wed May 29, 2019 10:26 pm

whoa, this looks so cool!
Username: lyublyu
Pronouns: she/her traditionally, but i honestly don't care hehe
Your favorite book and/or author: i adored all the light we cannot see by anthony doerr!
Why is this your favorite?: i love historical fiction, and the different perspectives in the novel really got me thinking. all in all, a very fun read! was super satisfied with the ending hehe
What genres do you like? everything! not very partial to westerns though-
Fun fact about you: i practically live off of peppermint gum
Anything else?: thank you so much for making this, wow!!
hi

:D <3
fairywren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 「。Stars-Abøve 。」 » Wed May 29, 2019 10:40 pm

Username: Poppymeow
Pronouns: She/her
Your favourite book and/author: The Lost Continent and Erin Hunter
Why is this your favourite? Completely action-packed!
What genres do you like? Fantasy, crime and history
Fun fact about you: I am obsessed with cats. I even have a cat-patterned Quilt
Anything else? I really like reading and handcrafts
ImageMessage me or trade me!Image

Image Image Image Image

ImagePlease click on my eggs and hatchlings~PM me for clickbacks:) Thank you!!Image
「。Stars-Abøve 。」

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wayhaught » Thu May 30, 2019 4:13 am

welcome every one! so great to see this club continue to grow c:

please be sure to submit any book of the month recommendations you might have :)

fatcat123: i didn't know there was a how to train your dragon book! i will have to look into it!
lyublyu: i love historical fiction! when is all the light we cannot see set?
poppymeow: hey there, welcome! you should definitely read the art of racing in the rain if you like animal books!

wayhaught - she/her - born january 9th
bibliophile - seahawks fan - capricorn
all about me
trade me
join the discord
stream wynonna earp on netflix <3

avatar: thedarkshadow123 / signature: avi-the-avenger
wayhaught

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyjaks » Thu May 30, 2019 4:48 am

Welcome guys!!! I really want to read All the Light We Cannot See, I've heard its heartbreaking and incredibly well written.

sweet creature wrote:
Pyjaks wrote:
sweet creature wrote:
i'll look into grisha a bit more c: is king of scars part of the grisha? i've not heard of it until now cx

KoS is a part of the same universe as Grisha and SoC! It follows one of the side characters of the Grisha trilogy and like I said also features one of the crows. I didn't like KoS as much as SoC but I think the sequel has the potential to be really, really good.

Welcome Eclipse!! I've read Ember and Torch and liked them as well :> !!

i wish bardugo would carry on SoC - there's so much that could have been explored with the characters and oof i love them so much ahha
and welcome Eclipse c: i've not read the series you mentioned, but after seeing what you like about it, it seems really good

She actually said she might continue with SoC at some point :0 Nothing is confirmed and she said it would be many years in the future but...the hope is there lol. Personally I'm fine with how the series ended, I think it was well wrapped up but...I'd love to see what the crows are doing now. Especially Inej :>

I have a question for you guys,

Code: Select all
[b]What is your current read? What do you think of it so far?[/b]

I have a few reads right now. I'm almost done with my reread of The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson, I have about ~90 pages left. I literally had to stop reading it last night because I was crying so much my book was getting saturated with tears lmaooo. I love this book with my whole heart and soul.

I'm also listening to the audiobook of Graceling by Kristin Cashore. Its...okay. I'm ready to be done with it. Its very typical of older YA fantasy books, imo. Its the first audiobook I've ever listened to and I don't think I'll be trying anymore. They're not for me.

Anddd I just started The Silence of the Girls by Pat Barker. I'm literally only like 5 pages in but I'm very intrigued. I believe its a retelling of The Iliad with a focus on the women of the story, particularly how they were downtrodden and abused and how often that is looked over. I loooove mythological retellings that focus on the women of the time period and I've seen people compare it to Circe by Madeline Miller, which is one of my favorite books of all time, so I had to pick it up.

I'm very interested to hear what you guys are reading!!
Pyjaks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby χaphan » Thu May 30, 2019 4:52 am

Username: Ðestiel
Pronouns: She/Her
Your favorite book and/or author: Oh there's so many...it's hard for me to say just one ;A; But if I have to say one, it's Tom Becker - the author of the Darkside series
Why is this your favorite?: I just really enjoy the worlds and scenes he creates
What genres do you like? I like fantasy, horror and supernatural genres
Fun fact about you: I hoard books like a madman...it's starting to become a problem since I live in a small apartment...
Anything else?: Not really anything else, other than thank you for making this c:
──-────────────────────
Dress-up-aholik - always looking for
wishlist items, so send a trade!

────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
███░█████████████████ █
──-────────────────────
She/her - adult : Feel free to dm/pm.
Always looking for wl items
My art shop & My Tarot Reading shop

────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
███░█████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──-───────────────
coding credit

───────────────-──
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
───────────────-──
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
───────────────-──
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
───────────────-──
███░█████████████ █
χaphan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wayhaught » Thu May 30, 2019 5:19 am

welcome!! so happy to have you c:

currently i'm reading once and future by amy rose capetta and cori mccarthy; i'm just getting started with it now and i'm trying to figure out where it's going lol but it's fine so far

as for audiobooks, i'm with you. i can't really get into it, because i'm never doing one thing at a time, i always have twenty tabs open (both literally and in my brain lol) so i can't ever really focus on an audiobook because of this. like i have to read a book to actually absorb the information, otherwise i'm just not gonna get it all :/

wayhaught - she/her - born january 9th
bibliophile - seahawks fan - capricorn
all about me
trade me
join the discord
stream wynonna earp on netflix <3

avatar: thedarkshadow123 / signature: avi-the-avenger
wayhaught

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sweet creature » Thu May 30, 2019 6:14 am

She actually said she might continue with SoC at some point :0 Nothing is confirmed and she said it would be many years in the future but...the hope is there lol. Personally I'm fine with how the series ended, I think it was well wrapped up but...I'd love to see what the crows are doing now. Especially Inej :>

I have a question for you guys,

Code: Select all
[b]What is your current read? What do you think of it so far?[/b]

I have a few reads right now. I'm almost done with my reread of The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson, I have about ~90 pages left. I literally had to stop reading it last night because I was crying so much my book was getting saturated with tears lmaooo. I love this book with my whole heart and soul.

I'm also listening to the audiobook of Graceling by Kristin Cashore. Its...okay. I'm ready to be done with it. Its very typical of older YA fantasy books, imo. Its the first audiobook I've ever listened to and I don't think I'll be trying anymore. They're not for me.

Anddd I just started The Silence of the Girls by Pat Barker. I'm literally only like 5 pages in but I'm very intrigued. I believe its a retelling of The Iliad with a focus on the women of the story, particularly how they were downtrodden and abused and how often that is looked over. I loooove mythological retellings that focus on the women of the time period and I've seen people compare it to Circe by Madeline Miller, which is one of my favorite books of all time, so I had to pick it up.

I'm very interested to hear what you guys are reading!!

ahhh i really hope she does decide to carry it on, no matter when hahah
i'm reading Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas again, (currently three books in) and it's making me remember just how much I love the characters and her writing. I'm also reading Game of Thrones by George R.R Martin, i'm onto the third book but it's kind of at a halt because it's a bit of a hefty read sometimes, so to speak. have to be in the right mood to pick it up ahah
sweet creature

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me