The Artist Army

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: The Artist Army

Postby honeydont » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:42 pm

Bastet4 wrote:Hi Artists!!!!!
I need your help and opinions please.
My 10yr old daughter loves to draw (constantly) and has asked for a
Digital Art/Graphics tablet for her birthday.

I know NOTHING about them.
I think ? you also need a computer or laptop to hook them
up to, and sadly all she has is a kindle, and access to my iPad.
There is no way her teen brother is sharing his computer with her.

She's going on 11, and pretty responsible with her electronics,
but a computer to go with a graphic tablet is not in the budget.

Do they all work with a computer/laptop or are there any suggestions out there
on what I should look into? Maybe a good app? Or a stand alone tablet?
Thanks so much guys!! I really appreciate it. ♥️

there are tablets you can draw on directly but they're very expensive, generally around $1000 iirc?? most of them still require a computer to be hooked up too, and all standard tablets will need a computer regardless of price, unfortunately! if you have an ipad there should be apps and styluses out there that will let you basically convert it into a tablet tho! it's not going to be as high tech as an actual tablet but it should work pretty well for someone who's just starting out digitally

🍓 david // he/they // adult
🍓 art shop
🍓 icon art
🍓 sig art @ me

honeydont

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby abxy » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:20 pm

Never posted here before, but I wanted to respond to this with my own input, sorry if it's not very helpful 😅

Unfortunately, I don't know much about kindles, so I can't help you there.

Like wishshipper said, your best bet is probably to get her a stylus and an art app. I've seen good reviews for Medibang Paint, which is free, and I've used Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Sketch (which I think are also free?) but it's been a long time. They were definitely pretty neat! ✨

Procreate is fairly popular, has good reviews, and it's 10 bucks if I remember correctly.

Best of luck to you and your daughter!

•••••

I'll probably be posting again, so lemme introduce myself. I'm Hazel, I draw lotsa lesbians. Also, I have an unholy amount of OCs. Just... Too many.

I'm young and inexperienced, but I still try haha!
abxy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bloom & Katt » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:16 pm

As hazii said I would go with Procreate (I haven't used it but a lot of people do and like it) and get a stylus. The apple pen is quite popular but I think that's also expensive? (like everything apple)
Art Shop[/center]
Bloom & Katt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fat Unicorn » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:25 pm

Hello everyone! I hope all of your art is going well or that you're breaking through any blocks. I haven't posted here in years, so to introduce myself - I'm Fat Unicorn and I'm mainly a traditional artist who takes a shot at drawing everything and anything under the sun in a sketchy, blocky style.

@Hush, wow! Your animations/moving pixel art is amazing! ;w; I can see the difference in the smoothness, but it still looks really good. Your lineless(?) bunny is quite cute, too!

@amor., that WIP painting of Amy looks great (she's such a great actress)! What made you decide on the purple palette? I'm curious (it looks really good regardless of what colour it is C:).

@notifyneelix, your style is beautiful! How did you decide where to put all of the lighting and shading and how do you do your lips? It's all very well-put together.

But - apart from having a slight fangirl over your art - I'm popping in because I've been trying to learn human anatomy, and I was wondering if anyone had any critique or insight that could help? Here's some of my latest drawings (I apologise for the quality of the photos!).

ImageImageImage

The first drawing is supposed to be some sort of human-elf hybrid, hence why his ears are a little pointed.
The second originally started off as Black Panther fanart but... I have no idea where it's going or how I'm going to finish his posture.
And finally, the third's mouth turned out weird so I covered it up with a bandanna. :'D So if you have any critiques on how to do fabrics and folds in fabrics, that'd be amazing!

(Reposting again because I was using photobucket and that error photo started showing up instead :'D Using imgur now!)
Fat Unicorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby non » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:38 am

@Fat Unicorn
Those are some gorgeous human drawings right there my guy
I love them though, do more I love your shading style
this is a digital drawing i did, i am kinda thinking about a t-shirt?? i dunno
i messed around with effects, the original is on the top left, i made 4 more versions just for the heck of it and thought it looked kinda cool
( i gave up on my amy poehler drawing, also i don't have enough money to buy mural paints anymore so i guess i'll just have to wait )
ps my anatomy is horrible and it shows lmao
william <3

HI I FINALLY GOT ACCESS TO THIS ACCOUNT AGAIN AFTER YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!! i don't think any of my friends are on here anymore..? but this is so nostalgic to me. i probably won't ever participate in the trading again, but i'll try to be around on the oekaki boards n maybe giving my stuff away in various ways<3
non

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Audrey_Bee » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:19 am

Hello !! i think i posted on here FOREVER ago but I've hugely improved since then and this is my latest piece. in the working. so its taken an incredible amount of time because I'm super busy and rarely get any time to sit down with it but before i completely finish and realise i could have done something differently, i wanted some advice. is there anything I'm doing wrong, anything i could be doing better? all that lot? i added 2 pictures because on picture it doesn't look as good as in real life. i took one with a lot more light but i felt like the shadows couldn't be seen too well so i took one with a bit less light.

obviously its no where near done and it may look different when its done but i just feel as though somethings missing? I would also love it if someone would maybe tell me what I'm doing right?? ahaha this kind of skill came out of nowhere so I'm not sure if its right(:

thank you for any responses and all your artwork is AMAZING!!!

ImageImage
Audrey_Bee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby non » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:01 am

LongLiveRegina wrote:
Hello !! i think i posted on here FOREVER ago but I've hugely improved since then and this is my latest piece. in the working. so its taken an incredible amount of time because I'm super busy and rarely get any time to sit down with it but before i completely finish and realise i could have done something differently, i wanted some advice. is there anything I'm doing wrong, anything i could be doing better? all that lot? i added 2 pictures because on picture it doesn't look as good as in real life. i took one with a lot more light but i felt like the shadows couldn't be seen too well so i took one with a bit less light.

obviously its no where near done and it may look different when its done but i just feel as though somethings missing? I would also love it if someone would maybe tell me what I'm doing right?? ahaha this kind of skill came out of nowhere so I'm not sure if its right(:

ImageImage

H o w
Man I'm not even good enough to critique you
Please continue I don't see anything wrong with this
william <3

HI I FINALLY GOT ACCESS TO THIS ACCOUNT AGAIN AFTER YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!! i don't think any of my friends are on here anymore..? but this is so nostalgic to me. i probably won't ever participate in the trading again, but i'll try to be around on the oekaki boards n maybe giving my stuff away in various ways<3
non

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Audrey_Bee » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:27 am

non wrote:
LongLiveRegina wrote:

ImageImage

H o w
Man I'm not even good enough to critique you
Please continue I don't see anything wrong with this

Thank you very much!! Literally I was like HOW?! Too. I did the shield first and when I finished it was so shocked, I swear someone cut off my hands and replaced them with someone else's in my sleep. I don't understand 😂
Audrey_Bee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Vetra~ » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:30 pm

Hey guys!
I want to start selling art for USD, but I have no idea what to price my artworks at..? I'd love some advice from some fellow artists!
Here's some examples of my art
~Vetra~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PrincessPinkyPoop » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:43 pm

Dont know if this is ok to post here but i couldnt think of anywhere else seeing as its to do with art. I am doing GCSE art at the moment and i am in a complete slump. At my school we have an art checklist to complete and we have to have to it completed by the end of easter half term (we have had things being added to it since september). If we dont have this checklist done by the time we go back to school (half term is 2 weeks and theres a week left) then our attitude to learning goes down to a 1. Im not really bothered about this but i dont want my teachers to be disapointed and i want to get a decent grade. The problem is i am sucha procrastinator ive only completed 10 of the 30 things we have had for months, and now i only have 4 or 5 days left to do it. Does anyone have any tips for getting work done quickly but not rushing it and/or getting out of a slump and stop procrastinating?
PrincessPinkyPoop

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me