Artist Army {old thread}

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Artist Army

Postby maetropa » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:16 am

Coyox wrote:http://envelopelicker.deviantart.com/#/d4law1j

Can anyone critique this?
Thankee. C:

And your mlp style is coming along well! I don't know how to do it really, so I can't help much. x3

What sticks out to me is the muzzle seems a bit thin (I'm assuming this is wolf?), the head seems a big small and the tail is to long and hairy.
Unless it's meant to be like that x3
maetropa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mawsoleum » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:17 am

NotMe wrote:
Coyox wrote:http://envelopelicker.deviantart.com/#/d4law1j

Can anyone critique this?
Thankee. C:

And your mlp style is coming along well! I don't know how to do it really, so I can't help much. x3

What sticks out to me is the muzzle seems a bit thin (I'm assuming this is wolf?), the head seems a big small and the tail is to long and hairy.
Unless it's meant to be like that x3

Tail is meant to be like that, but thank you. C:

I have a habit of small heads, I'll work on it. C:

toyhouse
𓆩⟡𓆪𓆩⟡𓆪𓆩⟡𓆪
want wl sitting cats
𓆩⟡𓆪𓆩⟡𓆪𓆩⟡𓆪
song of the month

hello!
you can call me grim or maw

they/them
post hardcore/hardcore/deathcore/metalcore obsessed
adult member
disc: mawsoleum
mawsoleum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Susiron » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:25 am

Gonna be doing some quick doodly doodles regarding anatomy- mainly wolves, and wings, I guess.

Wolf front legs:

(Sorry if my hand writing looks retarded, lol)

Here I've scribbled in the bones as well, just so you can see where every part really is.

The main thing I see people ignoring with wolf anatomy is the jut in front of the ankle, showing the metacarpals more-- or they show them too much-- and making the paws HUGE in comparison to the leg.
I didn't really detail the paws, but wolf paws aren't as huge and bulky as a lot of people draw them. They're actually more flat and spread out.

Here's a basic skeleton drawing to get a good look at all of this:

http://museum2.utep.edu/mammalogy/images/mammskel.gif

And a couple of wolf refs to see it in action:

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/ ... 863b5e.jpg
http://sikaris.deviantart.com/#/d349kow

Reference and practice as much as possible! Everyone can never have enough practice and references! 8D
Susiron

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby A.K.A Raptor » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:45 am

683-126-601#
Haven't livesteamed in a long time, will give some comments later, just copy the code to join.me
I'm an old player from back in 2010 and really just on here to look for art
If you like any of the pets I have that are only uncommon/common if you send me a pun I'll almost certainly give them to you for free :)

Hey friends check out my adopts here : )
Ps- If i ever had any beef with any of you i am so, so sorry i was an arrogant jerk of a child who threw a fit whenever I didn't get my way
A.K.A Raptor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby maetropa » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:47 am

Could I have some critique/redline on this generic wolf sketch? c:
maetropa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby brian emo » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:52 am

Susiron wrote:Gonna be doing some quick doodly doodles regarding anatomy- mainly wolves, and wings, I guess.

Wolf front legs:

(Sorry if my hand writing looks retarded, lol)

Here I've scribbled in the bones as well, just so you can see where every part really is.

The main thing I see people ignoring with wolf anatomy is the jut in front of the ankle, showing the metacarpals more-- or they show them too much-- and making the paws HUGE in comparison to the leg.
I didn't really detail the paws, but wolf paws aren't as huge and bulky as a lot of people draw them. They're actually more flat and spread out.

Here's a basic skeleton drawing to get a good look at all of this:

http://museum2.utep.edu/mammalogy/images/mammskel.gif

And a couple of wolf refs to see it in action:

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/ ... 863b5e.jpg
http://sikaris.deviantart.com/#/d349kow

Reference and practice as much as possible! Everyone can never have enough practice and references! 8D

fff I love wolf leg and paw tutorials since I'm all geared toward cat anatomy. xD

edit;
@NotMe-
if you need me to specify on sth/don't know what was wrong just lmk.
brian emo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Atomic Blue » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:10 pm

*brain dies*

Guys, how long is it before you get bored with your sketch and decide to stop working on the piece? Do you ever do that even if it's important and is top priority? I don't know... but thinking too hard about this piece is driving me insane.
I really just want to scrap it and go again. I'm probably going to do that right now but ack, my head.

SIE SIND DAS ESSEN
UND WIR SIND DIE JÄGER
Atomic Blue

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Oddly Shaded » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:27 pm

@Susiron - I thank you so much for your leg guides... Seriously. Thats the one thing i need to best help with. So thank you muchly.

I am livestreaming if anyone wishes to come watch. Link in my signature.
Oddly Shaded

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby vinyl » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:54 pm

A chibi sea lion
Hope you guys like it.

hi i'm ryn
adult, she/her
vinyl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PolarAzulTigris » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:24 pm

@Susiron: Ah lovely leg guides, they showed me a thing or two even I didn't know about wolf legs, then again I don't really draw wolves very often. They're still good though. Btw I loved your robin! I really like the way you painted it. Everyone covered the feet and the tail though; but that's the only thing I could see wrong as well. I would love to see more like that.

@Atomic Blue: Well that normally depends how inspired I am, it can be ten minutes or ten hours, or of course less. Sometimes I just need a break. Like I do now. I've been at this reference picture all day and I just got the lines done. I wanted to color but its not coming out like how I want so I might wait on it.

@Not Me: I'm not too keen on wolves and its a bit too sketchy for me to see where your going with it. The cheek needs to be more defined, the muzzle, and the tail seems a bit long and the forelegs look a bit awkward.

@Coyox: The muzzle seems a bit thing and a little twisted with the angle you have the face/eyes at. Otherwise its a very lovey piece so far.

Sorry for the lack of depth to my post, it seems my art has drained any sort of brain function I normally have. I didn't get to the coloring since I just seemed drained now for no reason, but I got this far.
The Original Size

I started this in Photoshop, but since my tablet pen got damaged; it seems to love Sai so I've transferred to using it for now, so some of the lines are more crisp than others; obviously Sai's seems better for me than photoshop as far as lineart.

As an earlier discussion, I think in the art rant thread. Does she have character that separates her from other characters? I've just been wondering, if you saw just her lineart, would you be able to tell it was her?
Last edited by PolarAzulTigris on Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Not on CS that much these days butyou can find me on Deviantart and Discord.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Deviantart|Furaffinity
Ancient Whelkon Adoptables
PolarAzulTigris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me