Artist Army {old thread}

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Artist Army

Postby Susiron » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:56 pm

PolarAzulTigris wrote:Ah thanks Susiron; I didn't realize they looked stubby till you mentioned it. I think its because I didn't define the leg further up. Let me know if this helped any. And don't mind the shoddy coloring so far. X3 I was just scribbling.
http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv99 ... wip2-2.png

Hrmm, it still seems a bit short. : O

Is he stepping up onto something though?
I'm just comparing it to the hind leg closest to us, and the range seems a bit too wide-- unless he's stepping up onto a stne or something, possibly.
Susiron

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PolarAzulTigris » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:00 pm

Ah I thought you mean it looked stubby because I wasn't defining the other leg. -shot- Hmm. I think it might have also been when I messed with the back foot too, I extended the toes some. Perhaps I did the same on the front toes without realizing it. I know She's in mid step, if that makes any sense. Like I said, brain dead. I know I'm just the short one on the stick this time. Your free to draw an arrow or anything of the sorts to show what you mean. Lol I don't expect redlines but if you want you can do that too. X3

Edit: I'm messing around with distort now to see if I can lengthen the limb.
Not on CS that much these days butyou can find me on Deviantart and Discord.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Deviantart|Furaffinity
Ancient Whelkon Adoptables
PolarAzulTigris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Susiron » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:09 pm

I'm afraid you have me confused now. xD
I'm pretty tired, myself, lol-- my sleep schedule is sincerely screwed, lolol.

--

A sketch for an image I plan to record for a speedpainting:

As I've drawn wolves a bit too much recently, I thought I'd throw in something random, lol.
This is one of my personal favorites of my characters. Her name is Ineo; she's literally an embodiment of "mother nature" in the story that I am writing. Folklore states that Ineo created the world, the plantlife, and then her son, who created all beasts in his turn. She governs the weather continuously, having those shifts in the climate based upon her emotions. The wind is said to be her voice, and that she is herself mute because of this.

Her anatomy is actually based in between a domestic cat and generic rodent. She also has wings, which I usually base upon that of swallows, or other small song birds. The things on the end of her tail are meant to represent leaves, as her entire design-- mainly colour-wise-- is reminiscent of a cherry blossom.

Normally I'd say yet to redlines, but as her anatomy's a bit of a strange patch job, let's keep it just to critiques. xD
Susiron

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PolarAzulTigris » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:14 pm

http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv99 ... s/rest.png Lol well its mostly just a walking pose, bringing the leg upward to step. Though maybe I had it too far from the ground? lol OR I've just been staring at it too long so I can't tell.

Did I mention I love your creatures? I really like it. ;3 Though I'm not sure what the head is more focused on, the eyes being that large. But it gives a very sort of innocent look to it. I suppose that's because babies often have large eyes for their heads. X3 Lol told you I was tired, random thoughts are random.
Last edited by PolarAzulTigris on Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deviantart|Furaffinity
PolarAzulTigris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby whispbear » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:18 pm

@Susiron, that sketch is gorgeous <3

@PolarAzulTigris, I think the legs need to be lengthened slightly, and at the same level (at the moment the back leg closest to us is below ground level, if you compare it to the other 3 legs). Sorry if I'm no help, and I really like the ears by the way c:

And guys, do any of you use 2 computers/laptops and the colour shows differently? I use a computer that shows colours really vivid and bright, and a laptop that shows colours a lot softer, and really dull compared to the computer.

I recently created a new character and her colours look lovely on my laptop but crap on the computer, so now I'm lost. I don't know if one shows the 'proper' colours and the other doesn't, or if they are both wrong (one being too dull, the other too vivid). What do you guys think of this colour, is it a soft, creamy yellow, or bright, yuck yellow?

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

hello i'm Bee
or whispbear

you can find me
on deviantArt

here's my
toyhou.se

and this is my
art shop/wip

whispbear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Susiron » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:19 pm

Naw, the lifted leg looks perfectly fine-- it's the planted front leg that looks short to me. : O
Like, compare the planted front leg to the hind leg on this side-- unless the cat is on top of a stone, and that hind leg is on the ground, shouldn't the front leg be lower to it? : o

Haha, thank you. xD
Ah, yes, I always give Ineo HUGE eyes, even compared to how I generally just draw eyes large. I dunno, they just always seem to work well for her character. :3
That baby thing is completely true, though-- the bigger the eyes, the more "cute and innocent" something is; which is probably why chihuahuas get all the baby talk. xD

EDIT:

Bee,

I don't personally use two computers, but i know how that is.
Maybe play with your computer's settings a bit?

Personally, it looks like a creamy, pale yellow to me. :3
Last edited by Susiron on Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Susiron

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby vinyl » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:19 pm

iBeeWho wrote:@Susiron, that sketch is gorgeous <3

@PolarAzulTigris, I think the legs need to be lengthened slightly, and at the same level (at the moment the back leg closest to us is below ground level, if you compare it to the other 3 legs). Sorry if I'm no help, and I really like the ears by the way c:

And guys, do any of you use 2 computers/laptops and the colour shows differently? I use a computer that shows colours really vivid and bright, and a laptop that shows colours a lot softer, and really dull compared to the computer.

I recently created a new character and her colours look lovely on my laptop but crap on the computer, so now I'm lost. I don't know if one shows the 'proper' colours and the other doesn't, or if they are both wrong (one being too dull, the other too vivid). What do you guys think of this colour, is it a soft, creamy yellow, or bright, yuck yellow?

It's a soft color.

hi i'm ryn
adult, she/her
vinyl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PolarAzulTigris » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:30 pm

AH thanks iBeeWho, It looks like a soft pastel color to me.

And Susiron: Lol Last one I hope. http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv99 ... /rest3.png
This was following your advice, though I might have pulled down the front leg some too. I can always just readjust it if it doesn't need to be longer.

I've already flooded the forum topic trying to get it right, though I suppose being tired and determined usually don't go well together.
Deviantart|Furaffinity
PolarAzulTigris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Susiron » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:35 pm

That looks a lot better, yet! : 3
Susiron

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PolarAzulTigris » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:37 pm

Susiron wrote:That looks a lot better, yet! : 3

I'm glad, lol now I can go back to coloring her when I have the energy. At least you spotted it early on for me. So thanks everyone for all the help. I adjusted the back toes just a wee bit in the last one and brought down the legs some. I finally understood what you were meaning by stepping up on something hard; as their weight shifts quite a bit. It just didn't dawn on me right away Since it'd be open ground. Referernce image after all, Her weight wouldn't be shifted onto anything. X3 So now it makes sense, durp. ;3 I still appreciate you baring with me.
Deviantart|Furaffinity
PolarAzulTigris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me